lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: New Jedi Knight Game Rumors
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-05-2006, 10:42 PM   #361
ABCIMe123
Rookie

You should be able to use the Force to manipulate objects into other people causing damage like Vader did in ESB.

What if there was something like a "rage" meter and when it completely fills up, you enter Force Rage.
ABCIMe123 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-22-2006, 06:11 AM   #362
MasterRoss08

YEs I agree with that for sure. There was actually a force rage abillity
added in battefront 2. I do agree that objects should be affected
by force push ,pull in next gen games.

The Force is strong with this one!
Clans im in: JKLE(Jedi Knight and Mots)
TR ( Star Wars Battlefront2
Sites: www.Resistancegaming.net
http://members.lycos.co.uk/jkle/
MasterRoss08 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-24-2006, 04:44 PM   #363
Windu Chi
Banned

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterRoss08
YEs I agree with that for sure. There was actually a force rage abillity
added in battefront 2. I do agree that objects should be affected
by force push ,pull in next gen games.
You're talking about the Force Grasp force power, that was only available in Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
the game.
And that was absent in, Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast and Jedi Knight Academy.
Windu Chi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-24-2006, 07:22 PM   #364
Tinny

I wish there is an intuitive way to combine force push, pull, throw, and grasp.

Redeemed!

An old school mod for jedi academy.
Tinny is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-24-2006, 07:57 PM   #365
LordJerec
Rookie

As I have checked there is no plans for another JK game, eventhough I have seen a video on Star Wars 07, which someone claims will not come out in 07, but in my opinion it will be released sometime in 07, cause Lucasarts can only produce 2 games a year quote from http://www.businessweek.com/innovat...gn_id=rss_daily, if you go to page two, you'll see...
LordJerec is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-24-2006, 08:28 PM   #366
Windu Chi
Banned

Cool Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinny
I wish there is an intuitive way to combine force push, pull, throw, and grasp.
I believe Star Wars 07 will make that intuitive leap.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:25 PM   #367
Lord Ritly
Rookie

Lord Jereck you are right, one of the two games I heard was going to be worked on is Knights of the Old Republic III from IGN. (I think.) That could be a gameplay test on new engines, force powers, etc. As for the stormtroopers, they are iconic enemies to play with.

"If you were to face an ancient Sith Lord in combat, you would learn we are but children playing with toys compare to the power of the old Masters."
Lord Ritly is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-04-2006, 10:37 PM   #368
Ben_Walker
Smartass

And easily replaced by Sith Troopers, if it is a KOTOR game. Also a good way to throw gamers off if it is... sorry, I love KOTOR...

Remember the breeze across your face
Remember the swaying sleeves in the wind
Remember the grains of sand beneath your feet
between your toes
Remember the freedom in the never ending waves

Remember I'll be at the beach.

Jedi Academy - Renaissance
Ben_Walker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-05-2006, 01:43 PM   #369
Prime
Super Dimension Fortress

Current Game: Skyrim
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by windu6
You're talking about the Force Grasp force power, that was only available in Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
the game.
And that was absent in, Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast and Jedi Knight Academy.
Actually, it was available to some extent in Jedi Knight.

Prime is online now   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-07-2006, 08:16 AM   #370
Windu Chi
Banned

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime
Actually, it was available to some extent in Jedi Knight.
But it was nothing compare to the Force Grasp power in Ep:III, ROTS has set the standard for the Force Grasp power that Lucasarts is concentrating on in that Star Wars 2007 Jedi game.
Old 12-07-2006, 11:18 AM   #371
CurlyHayami
Rookie

The first-person view is insanely perfect for the Wii.

I don't know if a new Jedi Knight game is gonna be what LucasArts uses it for, but I'll sure it'll be damn close and mint as all hell.
CurlyHayami is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-07-2006, 02:17 PM   #372
rozo100
Rookie

wha?

Your Famous Last Words Will Be:

"I dunno, press the button and find out."
What Will Your Famous Last Words Be?
http://www.blogthings.com/whatwillyo...stwordsbequiz/
rozo100 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-07-2006, 08:37 PM   #373
Lord Ritly
Rookie

The Wii would be a Jedi's dream machine. When you fight, it would be like in the movies. I wouldn't mind if it's in 3rd person because you can see all the acrobatic moves and etc.

"If you were to face an ancient Sith Lord in combat, you would learn we are but children playing with toys compare to the power of the old Masters."
Lord Ritly is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-09-2006, 12:05 PM   #374
ABCIMe123
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Ritly
I wouldn't mind if it's in 3rd person because you can see all the acrobatic moves and etc.
I agree.

How about replace Force sense/seeing with a radar? Maybe it could be under the same name and acts like a Force power where you can add points to it to widen the range of the radar and pick up other things.
ABCIMe123 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-15-2007, 06:31 AM   #375
jedijackv3
Lurker

You can get your ideas heard on my blog: http://starwars-jedi-knight-4.blogspot.com/
jedijackv3 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-15-2007, 06:33 AM   #376
jedijackv3
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverhoodian
With Lucasart's announcement that some games like Empire at War are being delayed so as not to flood the market with Star Wars games, I think we're in for another dry spell like razorace said. They might make a new JK game in the future, or they might not. I don't think anyone really knows at this point.
jedijackv3 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-15-2007, 07:34 AM   #377
rozo100
Rookie

yeah a Wii would be great for a jedi game...

Your Famous Last Words Will Be:

"I dunno, press the button and find out."
What Will Your Famous Last Words Be?
http://www.blogthings.com/whatwillyo...stwordsbequiz/
rozo100 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-24-2007, 12:05 PM   #378
Weirdbeard
Rookie

I just got a Wii this weekend and it would be PERFECT for a Jedi Knight game. Anyone hear anything new?

-Weirdbeard
Weirdbeard is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-24-2007, 03:42 PM   #379
unlife

Highly doubtfull. Im thinking LUCASARTS is trying to make belive that the new JK game will come out soon so they can butter the community up till they are willing to spend almost 50 dollars on a New JK game. Of course I would buy a JK game for 60 dollars. Anyway the Wii would be okay for a new JK game but im thinking Lucas would wait a few years till the Wii is like a ps2 (Everybody has one) Insted of now where stores cant even keep them stocked. But since every JK game was on PC im thinking this one will be as well.

As well im thinking LUCAS is trying to find a game engine that would be better then a quake 3 engine.
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-28-2007, 06:36 PM   #380
dumbledore
Rookie

how about the q4/doom 3 engine?
dumbledore is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-08-2007, 01:10 PM   #381
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

HOW ABOUT, some real face customization on facial looks and body types, like what you can do in Galaxies?
PoiuyWired is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-08-2007, 01:42 PM   #382
Tinny

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbledore
how about the q4/doom 3 engine?
With the new digital molecular matter in the game, q4 and d3 will seem primitive (physics wise anyways).

Redeemed!

Old 02-12-2007, 05:29 PM   #383
kenzee
Lurker

I think we must writing to lucasarts mails that we want next jedi knight on pc!
kenzee is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-12-2007, 11:12 PM   #384
Tinny

I'm actually kinda glad this is being released only for consoles. It should be like a trial game kind of like the Obi-Wan game that was released. Once they work out all the things that work and don't work, then release a good game to PC .

Redeemed!

Old 02-13-2007, 06:36 AM   #385
kenzee
Lurker

I want next JEDI KNIGHT game !!!! or Force Unleashed on PC !!!!!!!!!!
kenzee is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-14-2007, 12:49 AM   #386
Fortune Hunter
Rookie

http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=157734

Its official-ish... see Game Informer Mag for more details I'm assuming...

Its not a Jedi Knight Series game... but its a Jedi game none the less... and has all the cool new Euphoria and awesome force poweres theorized in that pre-vis...

Last edited by Fortune Hunter; 02-14-2007 at 01:26 AM.
Fortune Hunter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-14-2007, 05:41 PM   #387
JEDI MASTER 07
Lurker

I think there will be a JK4 because when you complete JK3 on the dark side path jaden escapes and kyle still needs to find him.
JEDI MASTER 07 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-14-2007, 06:31 PM   #388
Infinite XĂr0
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEDI MASTER 07
I think there will be a JK4 because when you complete JK3 on the dark side path jaden escapes and kyle still needs to find him.
except that the darkside endings in the JK series aren't canonical
Infinite XĂr0 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-14-2007, 07:44 PM   #389
Gargoyle King
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEDI MASTER 07
Not necessarily. Kotor 2 was left off at a cliff hanger (the exile searching for Revan) but there is still no update or official confirmation on even the slightest possibility of a Kotor 3 - don't get your hopes up; you'll be all the more dissapointed. Why would you even want JK4 anyway? JA was no where near as good as JK2!
Gargoyle King is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-15-2007, 07:43 PM   #390
Son of Skywalker15
Rookie

I'd like to see a Jedi Knight IV; Kyle Katarn is a great character, along with Jaden being an okay character. They all made a good profit, but really Knights Of The Old Republic IIIwould surpass it. Maybe after Kotor 3, if there is one, a JK4 can be made. However, I'm not holding my breathe.
Son of Skywalker15 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-18-2007, 07:04 AM   #391
LordJerec
Rookie

Thumbs up Well I don't know if anyone ever pointed this out yet:

But I do know that Lucasarts has only two Star wars games per Year, so they have to choose what they wanna kind of bet on, like for lucasarts this years, I believe they will go for like PS3 and maybe some other Consoles, I.E. Portable devices like PSP or DS, I guess for our sake that they will make some kind of Star wars games, but I've been reading in a Norwegian magazine, the first game that has been rumored is Star Wars: Battlefront III, Gamespot doesn't tell me nothing about any Star Wars games, except the one they call Star Wars 2007, and that's only for consoles... So I guess they won't be giving out a new JK game, in the near future... But sure hopes up guys, I hope that it'll be out before like maybe 2008/2009... but no one knows anything about it, like last april i was reading something on a website that turned out to be an april fool... So i wouldn't said it, unless it was some kind of rumor from myself... just guessing guys... and as the topic says, I didn't read all of the posts around here, so excuse me if this has already been posted somewhere else...
LordJerec is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-22-2007, 08:28 PM   #392
Gargoyle King
Veteran

Wink Knights of the Force JK3 Expansion

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordJerec
except the one they call Star Wars 2007, and that's only for console
Ah, by this you probs mean "The Force Unleashed" - it will be multiplatform and is a highly anticipated game, as far as SW games go. The game will be quite unique, not in terms of new lightsaber forms or small details like that but in the storyline and feel of the game. Playing as an 'emperor's hand' to Vader the game apparently has you (the dark jedi) hunting down the last remnants of the Jedi Order. The reason this is therefore highly anticipated is that it is the first Star Wars game to truly give a feel of the era of the Jedi Purge. If your interested in this, you should probably check out this mod i found on the internet (GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND! ) that is up and coming for Jedi Knight 3; it's an expansion pack that has levels, characters etc. spanning all 6 SW films and looks very professional (the developer is Turkish i believe and has been developing the mod for 4 years!) - this also gives a gameplay insight into the Jedi Purges;

The developers site is: www.kotf.com
And a trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3eqP6RE3-8

- It comes out on May the 25th allegedly (Yay! only a few more days!). For all the people wishing for a JK4, this mod makes that dream rather obselete, the mod is perhaps the best JK experience anyone will ever get out of the engine.
Old 05-22-2007, 08:39 PM   #393
razorace
Impressive, Terran!

I don't trust that guy. Most of the work is just repackaged models and maps that others did. Plus, I think his site tried to give me a virus the last time I went there.

---Jedi Guardian of the Newbie Questions
---Masters of the Force Team Leader / Creator
---Open Jedi Project Lead Moderator / Co-Founder
razorace is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-23-2007, 02:12 PM   #394
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
I doubt it. Force Unleashed isn't going to be for PC, so I won't be playing it (don't own any of the next next gen consoles, and don't even own a TV to hook one to even if I could afford it).

Second, anyone trying to re-create the physics of that game in an existing PC game is going to have a heck of a lot of work on their hands. I highly doubt one programmer would have the patience to actually finish such a mammoth undertaking (much less have it turn out to be something that people would want to play).

I mean think about it. He'd have a huge job to do creating the physics, but they're useless if you can't use them on something. So you either then have to create a huge single player campaign or else tailor it to multiplayer (again, reinventing the wheel to get it to work with lag). I don't see it happening, unless a commercial company does it. Sorry for my cynicism...

Oh and one last thing, don't get me wrong, I'm all for more innovative Star Wars titles, but if this is really going to be the "Jedi Purge" I see that as just another instance of "pissing all over the mythos."

I mean c'mon, VADER was supposed to be the one who helped the Empire hunt down and destroy the Jedi Knights, not some nameless, faceless lackies.

Why can't they just let you play as Vader in this game? What's stopping them?

Is Lucas THAT protective of the character? I remember back in the day you got a Star Wars game and it was simply EXPECTED that you got to play as Luke, Han, Chewie, Leia, Ben, etc. Nowadays they're afraid to let you control anything to do with the movies unless it's strictly regulated. Well gee wiz, way to take the fun out of it!

Let me play as Vader and hunt down the Jedi Knights, don't send some padawan to do a Sith Lord's job! Ah well... it might still be good, but I'd never know since I am not shelling out for an Xbox 360, and I'd sure as heck not be shelling out for a PS3 just for one game...

But all the same, good luck.

Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-23-2007, 03:35 PM   #395
Gargoyle King
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurgan
Why can't they just let you play as Vader in this game? What's stopping them?
I think you can play as Vader, but it follows the films (changing the story outcome according to character) so the only Jedi you'll kill is Luke or the Jedi in the Coruscant Jedi Temple and Obi-Wan on Mustafar as Vader before he turned mechanical.
Old 02-08-2008, 05:42 PM   #396
DeadYorick
The Keeper of Peace

Current Game: Pheonix Wright
anyway returning to a Jedi Knight sequel and not force unleashed...

I would think that when the new president of Lucasarts comes he would think of creating a new Jedi Knight game

"There's gotta be a better way to make a living"
-Kyle Katarn
DeadYorick is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-08-2008, 06:54 PM   #397
Darth verez
Lurker

I REad that there was a 7% chance that they would make a new one. i really think they should the serires was awsome.
Darth verez is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-08-2008, 06:57 PM   #398
Darth verez
Lurker

i read that there is a 7% chance they will make a new one . if they dont then they are arftards because that series was awsone
Darth verez is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-08-2008, 08:15 PM   #399
DeadYorick
The Keeper of Peace

Current Game: Pheonix Wright
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth verez
i read that there is a 7% chance they will make a new one . if they dont then they are arftards because that series was awsone
Darth Verez can you please spell properly and don't double post?

Anyway even if there is a 7% chance there is still a chance that they will create one

"There's gotta be a better way to make a living"
-Kyle Katarn
DeadYorick is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-08-2008, 09:50 PM   #400
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
I see no reason to expect another Jedi Knight game. Not even another archaic Quake 3 cash-in they slapped together ala JKA (there's no way they'd fool so many people into thinking it's a new game again). Lucasarts has moved on. All the rumors I've heard about another JK turned out to be misinterpretations of rumors about The Force Unleashed and/or random balderdash.

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Academy > New Jedi Knight Game Rumors