lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: New Jedi Knight Game Rumors
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-06-2008, 03:48 AM   #441
darthclydefrog
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RakataDark View Post
Lets hope they wont use the Quake 3 engine in the next game. Lets hope they use Doom 3 Engine as a base and add JK3 elements to that
They should use the offset engine to make Jedi Knight 4:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/6400.html

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/8937.html

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/22923.html

http://www.projectoffset.com/technology.php

Just kidding, the force unleashed engine would do pretty sweet for JK4, but they'd deffinatley have to improve the animations and swordplay.
darthclydefrog is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-06-2008, 04:48 PM   #442
Madgame
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weirdbeard View Post
I am looking to see if anyone knows of any rumors or facts about a new Jedi Knight game. Not about the storyline or what you hope it will or will not have. I'm looking to see if anyone knows anyone from Lucasarts that may have leaked something or anything of that nature. I want to know IF this game is actually going to happen. I've seen threads that have had similar comments but they always seem to become tainted with people's fantasies of the game play. For this thread I really dont care about detail of the game itself. I'm just looking for what people know about it coming out and why or why it may not come out.
It's so sad this thread has existed for 4 years and during this span there has been no new Jedi Knight game on the radar If I had the money, I would offer to pay the dev costs just to have a current-gen game with all the features everyone wants
Madgame is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-06-2008, 10:21 PM   #443
Tinny

Wow Clyde Frog, Offset looks sweet!

Redeemed!

An old school mod for jedi academy.
Tinny is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-07-2008, 09:54 PM   #444
DarkStarMojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madgame View Post
It's so sad this thread has existed for 4 years and during this span there has been no new Jedi Knight game on the radar If I had the money, I would offer to pay the dev costs just to have a current-gen game with all the features everyone wants
As much as I'd love a new game, I can understand why LA would be reluctant to put the time and money into another one. Most of the aspects that made the Jedi Knight series unique have been or are probably going to be outdone by the newest Star Wars games. Force Unleashed is basically giving players the third person lightsaber and force wielding capabilities of the JK series but pushing them to the next level, something JO and JA didn't do. They already have a proven successful FPS series with Battlefront (Free Radical Design is supposedly developing the third in the series) and another Jedi-centric game with RPG elements in KotoR (which is supposed to have another one in development over at BioWare). The main appeal of Jedi Knight, at this point, is Kyle Katarn but continuing his story has a lot of problems since there isn't much left that can be done with the Empire and LA doesn't seem to want to touch the EU story lines (I can't blame them either).

Honestly, I think the series is dead sans fan efforts to recreate the original games and even those have a short-lived future if a new game doesn't come along to inject new life into the franchise (I should know. I've been on the development teams for all three mods - Dark Forces, Jedi Knight, and Mysteries of the Sith - and seen all three go up in smoke, in one form or another). The best I think we can hope for, at this point, is for some enterprising fans to band together, find an open source graphics engine, and develop a fan-made sequel themselves.

Dark Forces Mod, Part 2
Project lead, lead mapper
http://www.darkforces.jediknight.net
http://dfmod.blogspot.com

Last edited by DarkStarMojo; 08-09-2008 at 04:54 PM.
DarkStarMojo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-08-2008, 05:06 PM   #445
Madgame
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkStarMojo View Post
As much as I'd love a new game, I can understand why LA would be reluctant to put the time and money into another one. Most of the aspects that made the Jedi Knight series unique have been or are probably going to be outdone by the newest Star Wars games. Force Unleashed is basically giving players the third person lightsaber and force wielding capabilities of the JK series but pushing them to the next level, something JO and JA didn't do. They already have a proven successful FPS series with Battlefront (Free Radical Design is supposedly developing the third in the series) and another Jedi-centric game with RPG elements in KotoR (which is supposed to have another one in development over at BioWare). The main appeal of Jedi Knight, at this point, is Kyle Katarn but continuing his story has a lot of problems since there isn't much left that can be done with the Empire and LA doesn't seem to want to touch the EU story lines (I can't blame them either).

Honestly, I think the series is dead sans fan efforts to recreate the original games and even those have a short-lived future if a new game doesn't come along to inject new life into the franchise (I should know. I've been on the development teams for all three of the original titles - Dark Forces, Jedi Knight, and Mysteries of the Sith - and seen all three go up in smoke, in one form or another). The best I think we can hope for, at this point, is for some enterprising fans to band together, find an open source graphics engine, and develop a fan-made sequel themselves.
True...Force Unleashed does offer 3rd person saber and force combat on current gen systems. For me, the multiplayer modes of JO and JA are the most 'realistic' and fun saber combat games to date. One could argue it also helped to define the series. Force unleashed will only have multiplayer for the Wii, and as the name of the game suggests, will revolve around force powers and not saber combat. With this exclusion, it still leaves a void even though the Force Unleashed contains similar gameplay elements as the JK series.

I agree the EU shouldn't be touched but I personally believe there's more stories and adventures to be had with with the JK series and Kyle Katarn. I respect your views and it's refreshing to hear from someone who was involved with development, but also saddening to hear you believe the series is dead

Anyway, thanks for your work in the past; it's appreciated by many.
Madgame is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-09-2008, 09:27 AM   #446
nizwiz
Rookie

What made jk2 (PC version, mind you) so outstanding in my book was the lightsaber combat in sp - it's so immersive, after years of playing it I still have a blast each time I pit myself against NPCs. I haven't played any console version of it, but I can hardly imagine that the console controllers can give you as much control over the fight as keyboard/mouse do. And from what I can see in the trailers/teasers for the various versions of TFU or the new Clone Wars game, they're not going to stand up against jk2 either as far as swordplay is concerned. And as for the unleashed force - it's too over-the-top for my taste (reminds me of those Japanese action games which are overdoing special fx so much that you can't really see what's going on). In the movies, you never see the force overpowered like that, and I prefer it the way it's shown there.

What I'd like to see is a PC (!!!) game that has swordplay style and force powers similair to jk2, but with up-to-date graphics. Sadly, jk3 wasn't just that at its time, since somehow they managed to bungle the swordplay so thoroughly that it wasn't fun anymore (hit detection etc.), and the new force powers were also quite stupid IMO ('cept for Force Sense - which kinda made sense, in deed).
As for the story line, I wouldn't really care too much wether it would invlolve Kyle / Jaden or not, and in which time period it would play (though I rather tend to like prequel area stuff).

But I'm sure that's not going to happen. My hopes would be that Raven/LucasArts were to make the jksp sources open source, so that it could be ported to a newer engine, but that's not going to happen either. So I guess I'll just hang on to jk2sp like all the years before.

Now, if you'll excuse me... *launches jk2sp*
nizwiz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-09-2008, 04:57 PM   #447
DarkStarMojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madgame View Post
True...Force Unleashed does offer 3rd person saber and force combat on current gen systems. For me, the multiplayer modes of JO and JA are the most 'realistic' and fun saber combat games to date. One could argue it also helped to define the series. Force unleashed will only have multiplayer for the Wii, and as the name of the game suggests, will revolve around force powers and not saber combat. With this exclusion, it still leaves a void even though the Force Unleashed contains similar gameplay elements as the JK series.

I agree the EU shouldn't be touched but I personally believe there's more stories and adventures to be had with with the JK series and Kyle Katarn. I respect your views and it's refreshing to hear from someone who was involved with development, but also saddening to hear you believe the series is dead

Anyway, thanks for your work in the past; it's appreciated by many.
Just to clarify I've been involved with the development of the JKseries MODs for Jedi Academy, not with any of the official original versions of the game. Reading your post, it occurred to me that it might not have been clear.

As for gameplay with the Force Unleashed, it does look more Force-centric but I don't think we'll know for sure until it's actually released. But third-person saber combat is likely to be an integral part so, in that way, it is similar to what the JK series did.

Dark Forces Mod, Part 2
Project lead, lead mapper
http://www.darkforces.jediknight.net
http://dfmod.blogspot.com
DarkStarMojo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-15-2008, 04:31 PM   #448
FoolInTheWave
Rookie

Why not just base a Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy conversion using some assets from the New Era mod for Half-Life 2 when its released, creating some new models for characters like Kyle and various Jedi, etc., make some new maps, and then doing some scripting for cut scenes and stuff like that?

Error in REALITY.SYS. Run BIG_BANG.EXE (Y/N)?

Are you ready?
FoolInTheWave is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-16-2008, 11:41 AM   #449
Neon
Veteran

New Era mod is all about shooting, no sp I believe

Neon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-16-2008, 12:30 PM   #450
DeadYorick
The Keeper of Peace

Current Game: Pheonix Wright
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolInTheWave View Post
Why not just base a Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy conversion using some assets from the New Era mod for Half-Life 2 when its released, creating some new models for characters like Kyle and various Jedi, etc., make some new maps, and then doing some scripting for cut scenes and stuff like that?
Yeah. But the problem is modding the Source engine takes time. Especially if you wish to tackle such a huge project. Like you have to map out completely new saber combat and physically script the force into the game. It's hard and would take a long time

"There's gotta be a better way to make a living"
-Kyle Katarn
DeadYorick is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-16-2008, 12:30 PM   #451
FoolInTheWave
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon View Post
New Era mod is all about shooting, no sp I believe
Didn't the development team decide to add lightsaber combat to the mod also? Maybe not when its released, but at another time. At least that's what I thought they said.

Error in REALITY.SYS. Run BIG_BANG.EXE (Y/N)?

Are you ready?
FoolInTheWave is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-18-2008, 04:07 AM   #452
Lord Darth Vader
Lurker

I hope the next Jedi Knight will use Euphoria and DMM as The Force Unleashed uses and will be multiplayer only becours there is not much anymore add to single player unless they make it a completely different story.
Lord Darth Vader is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-18-2008, 07:07 PM   #453
eightohfive
Lurker

Looking at what has been done with lightsabers and Force powers in TFU, the possibilities that would present themselves, in a more multiplayer-centric game of the same caliber, are endless.

We're talking Game of the Century **** here! You know you want to LucasArts.
eightohfive is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-19-2008, 03:44 AM   #454
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Darth Vader View Post
I hope the next Jedi Knight will use Euphoria and DMM as The Force Unleashed uses and will be multiplayer only becours there is not much anymore add to single player unless they make it a completely different story.
Firstly, there's not going to be anymore. JA killed it off.

And secondly, multiplayer only would only make it worse - the Jedi knight games have relied on stories and single player action - making in an online only game would be the biggest mistake ever.

But, seeing as they're not making one, it's no big deal.

Astor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-21-2008, 01:44 AM   #455
Agent_Katarn00

Current Game: Morrowind!
I think there is not going to be a jk4.We willl have to live with all the others,its okay though.This series has ended up like all of he other LA games like Tie Fighter KOTOR and many others.LA kills off many of their series right in the middle of the excitement.
Man,I loved all the older and first JK games.Had way better stories before the later ones.
Maybe I'm wrong but i'll stick with the remnants of the jk2 players

Jedi Knight Dark Forces 2 Mod Project Leader and Console and PC Gamer
Games i'm looking forward to:
-Red Faction Guerrilla
-Fallout New Vegas
-Diablo 3
Agent_Katarn00 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-21-2008, 06:04 AM   #456
Bomberman65

Current Game: Uncharted 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_Katarn00 View Post
I think there is not going to be a jk4.We willl have to live with all the others,its okay though.This series has ended up like all of he other LA games like Tie Fighter KOTOR and many others.LA kills off many of their series right in the middle of the excitement.
Man,I loved all the older and first JK games.Had way better stories before the later ones.
Maybe I'm wrong but i'll stick with the remnants of the jk2 players
I'll stick with you Katarn00. As much as TFU is good JO imo is still the top dog. I mean the saber combat in JO was so much fun, after a while saber duels in TFU do get slitely repetive. In JO that doesnt happen every encounter is a fun and a exciting duel. Man I wish they would make a JK game like the old school JK and JO. *Dreams of the ultimate JK game*

Heroes get remembered, Legends never die
Bomberman65 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-21-2008, 12:58 PM   #457
Agent_Katarn00

Hopefully the population of jk2 players will rise.

-Red Faction Guerrilla
-Fallout New Vegas
-Diablo 3
Old 09-21-2008, 02:08 PM   #458
nizwiz
Rookie

Bomberman, my thoughts exactly. JK2 FTW!
nizwiz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-23-2008, 10:59 PM   #459
Darth Eclipse

Current Game: Crysis 2,Dead Space2
Unhappy

I will blow up if they don't make another JK Game. No...Really...
Darth Eclipse is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-24-2008, 06:10 AM   #460
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_Katarn00
This series has ended up like all of he other LA games like Tie Fighter KOTOR and many others.LA kills off many of their series right in the middle of the excitement.
This series started out good, then took a nosedive. LA didn't need to kill it - JK3 saw off any hopes of more JK games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomberman
I'll stick with you Katarn00. As much as TFU is good JO imo is still the top dog. I mean the saber combat in JO was so much fun, after a while saber duels in TFU do get slitely repetive. In JO that doesnt happen every encounter is a fun and a exciting duel. Man I wish they would make a JK game like the old school JK and JO. *Dreams of the ultimate JK game*
Comparing two completely different games (and indeed they are - the only thing similar is the 'Star War' at the top) is pointless - they have two completely different purposes.

Astor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-25-2008, 05:13 PM   #461
katanamaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nizwiz View Post
What made jk2 (PC version, mind you) so outstanding in my book was the lightsaber combat in sp - it's so immersive, after years of playing it I still have a blast each time I pit myself against NPCs.

Sadly, jk3 wasn't just that at its time, since somehow they managed to bungle the swordplay so thoroughly that it wasn't fun anymore (hit detection etc.), and the new force powers were also quite stupid IMO ('cept for Force Sense - which kinda made sense, in deed).
I only play SP and I agree with you on its tight controls and high replay value. I was wondering though if your comments were about JA MP or SP? I loved JO SP and I love JA SP. I seem to recall feeling that they played a little differently in the beginning, but now they feel the same to me. Maybe it was the fact that I started JA off with the staff and it is very different from the single.

The new force powers made the game even easier. Use protect or rage and just rush the enemy.
katanamaru is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2008, 04:59 AM   #462
ajcrow
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shukrallah View Post
Yeah, we really are getting like 5 or more of these threads a month. The fact is, we probably won't get another JK game for a while. It goes in cycles:

Jedi Knight
MotS (expansion)

5 years go by

Jedi Outcast
Jedi Academy (sort of an expansion)

5 years go by

New JK.

So where's our new game???

jk3wotj.wetpaint.com
An upcoming mod for JA
ajcrow is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2008, 08:55 PM   #463
Agent_Katarn00

If there was an new jkgame here's a list of what i'd expect from it...
1.Good gameplay
2.You have a choice of playing Kyle or Jaden
3.Good story
4.Good Graphics
5.Real emotions,players react realistic when contact comes
6.Good voice acting
7.Really though out levles,objects,weapons,etc....
That's all I can think of right now,but sadly LucasArts does not know of Jedi Knight anymore,
now they're focusing on Force Unleashed,Battlefront,and stuff.
It just makes me furious when LA makes a game they end it after about 3 games and then start a new series,it's just like finish what you started.
Just opinion.

-Red Faction Guerrilla
-Fallout New Vegas
-Diablo 3
Old 10-04-2008, 04:50 PM   #464
katanamaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_Katarn00 View Post
If there was an new jkgame here's a list of what i'd expect from it...
1.Good gameplay
2.You have a choice of playing Kyle or Jaden
3.Good story
4.Good Graphics
5.Real emotions,players react realistic when contact comes
6.Good voice acting
7.Really though out levles,objects,weapons,etc....
This is all for SP:
1. I liked the gameplay of JO and thought it was improved in JA. Maybe make it where guns could be used more effectively against Force users.
2. Good idea for a choice between Jaden and Kyle. I like the create a character option and don't want to really give it up.
3. A good story is a plus, but I prefer gameplay. JA's story was like a TV series. Episodic and didn't link together well. But any excuse they give me to hack up people with a lightsaber is good enough for me. As long as they can fight back.
4. I don't care so much for graphics as long as they use better physics.
5. Not sure what you mean here.
6. Kyle needs to be Jeff Bennett or no one!
7. Goes without saying.

I really just like fighting other force users with lightsaber combat. I would not like to see the developer remove this gameplay element. I don't care to run around a slash people up with my unstopable saber and powers, it tends to get old after awhile; looking at you Unleashed, and I only played it at Gamestop!

Maybe a new direction to take the series would be to under-power the Jedi? Could make the game harder. At level 3 defense there is no reason to face Stormtroopers again.
Old 10-04-2008, 05:57 PM   #465
Mikouen
Rookie

Jason Court is the only one who should be portraying Kyle, tbh.
Mikouen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-04-2008, 06:23 PM   #466
Agent_Katarn00

I think Jeff Bennet had a pretty bad voice for kyle,jason court is the perfect guy.

-Red Faction Guerrilla
-Fallout New Vegas
-Diablo 3
Old 10-04-2008, 08:47 PM   #467
Bomberman65

Current Game: Uncharted 2
Jason Court IS Kyle for me. No one else could play Kyle better. I'm quite disapointed that they didnt do live action cutscenes for JO. But they should have atleast got Court to do Kyle's voice. Thats what annoyed me the most in JO. Apart from that I loved JO.

Heroes get remembered, Legends never die
Bomberman65 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-04-2008, 10:28 PM   #468
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
This doesn't really have anything to do with it, but to everyone referring to the next installment as Jedi Knight IV (4): It would not be Jedi Knight IV, it would be Jedi Knight III (3). Jedi Academy was not a sequel, it was a spin-off, just like Mysteries of the Sith. The main story (i.e the numbered titles) follows and explores the character of Kyle Katarn. The two other game I mentioned are spin-offs following other characters associated with Kyle. It urks me when people erroneously refer to Jedi Academy as Jedi Knight III when that isn't what it is.

If there will be a next installment, it won't be a sequel to Jedi Academy, it'll be a sequel to Jedi Outcast: vaguely alluding to the events of Jedi Academy but not being dependent upon them, the same way Jedi Outcast vaguely glazed over the events of Mysteries of the Sith (only with a single phrase in the opening crawl, no less) but never really mentioned anything about them whatsoever.

Sorry, that sort of always bothered me.

Anyway, what I'd like to see for Jedi Knight III is a story set during the latter years of the Legacy of the Force novels, where Luke and his family are busy battling the forces of his nephew, Darth Caedus. Meanwhile, Kyle Katarn, feeling down over the recent death of his dear friend and former pupil, Mara Jade Skywalker, pursues some leads he's found on a separate Sith organization forming in what used to be Sith space. Kyle believes these other Sith to be a far greater threat to the galaxy than Caedus or his successors will ever be. It turns out that this shadowy organization is the infant Sith Order of Darth Krayt.

Obviously Kyle will need to fail at stopping the Sith since they will obviously show up later in the Star Wars timeline. Perhaps this could be Kyle's last adventure? Kyle, having battled and been defeated by whomever the villain might be, and having learned the technique used to preserve one's consciousness in the Force upon death, passes into the next life in the arms of Jan Ors. Once his body vanishes, we catch a brief glimpse of Kyle being greeted in the Netherworld of the Force by Morgan Katarn, Qu Rawn and Mara Jade Skywalker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a silly noob View Post
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Zerimar Nyliram is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-04-2008, 10:35 PM   #469
Agent_Katarn00

Yes Katarn should always be the guy you mainly play,JA was another good gameplay game but with a terrible story.
If there was a new JK it would have to have a pretty darn good story,since the last game made me mad

-Red Faction Guerrilla
-Fallout New Vegas
-Diablo 3
Old 10-05-2008, 12:10 AM   #470
katanamaru

I liked Jason Courts in the cut scenes, but I don't know if he would fit the older Kyle they are portraying now. I could be wrong and he could be great at reprising his role. So I concede that point. I don't think they will ever go back to live-action cut scenes though.
Old 10-05-2008, 10:10 AM   #471
Mikouen
Rookie

Oh, you'd be surprised. Some actors are very good at playing roles of different ages than their own.

As for live-action cut scenes.... the only obstruction would be funding. Many games prove that it's more than technologically possible (Enter The Matrix, Command & Conquer 3, etc).
Mikouen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-05-2008, 12:29 PM   #472
Agent_Katarn00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerimar Nyliram View Post
This doesn't really have anything to do with it, but to everyone referring to the next installment as Jedi Knight IV (4): It would not be Jedi Knight IV, it would be Jedi Knight III (3). Jedi Academy was not a sequel, it was a spin-off, just like Mysteries of the Sith. The main story (i.e the numbered titles) follows and explores the character of Kyle Katarn. The two other game I mentioned are spin-offs following other characters associated with Kyle. It urks me when people erroneously refer to Jedi Academy as Jedi Knight III when that isn't what it is.

If there will be a next installment, it won't be a sequel to Jedi Academy, it'll be a sequel to Jedi Outcast: vaguely alluding to the events of Jedi Academy but not being dependent upon them, the same way Jedi Outcast vaguely glazed over the events of Mysteries of the Sith (only with a single phrase in the opening crawl, no less) but never really mentioned anything about them whatsoever.

Sorry, that sort of always bothered me.

Anyway, what I'd like to see for Jedi Knight III is a story set during the latter years of the Legacy of the Force novels, where Luke and his family are busy battling the forces of his nephew, Darth Caedus. Meanwhile, Kyle Katarn, feeling down over the recent death of his dear friend and former pupil, Mara Jade Skywalker, pursues some leads he's found on a separate Sith organization forming in what used to be Sith space. Kyle believes these other Sith to be a far greater threat to the galaxy than Caedus or his successors will ever be. It turns out that this shadowy organization is the infant Sith Order of Darth Krayt.

Obviously Kyle will need to fail at stopping the Sith since they will obviously show up later in the Star Wars timeline. Perhaps this could be Kyle's last adventure? Kyle, having battled and been defeated by whomever the villain might be, and having learned the technique used to preserve one's consciousness in the Force upon death, passes into the next life in the arms of Jan Ors. Once his body vanishes, we catch a brief glimpse of Kyle being greeted in the Netherworld of the Force by Morgan Katarn, Qu Rawn and Mara Jade Skywalker.
I think your FIRST part of the story is good,but i can't stand the ending.
A game based on a character can't kill em off at the end unless they have a good explanation for it,like TFU.
This is my idea-
While the Skywalker family is searching for Darth Caedus,Kyle Katarn struggles
with the recent deaths of his fellow jedi in the Yuhzaan Vong war,he travels the galaxy when Jaden Korr suddenly is missing.Kyle finds Jaden but he is consumed from the dark side.Kyle travels the galaxy trying to stop a plot that could destroy the rebellion forever,Jaden is going to try to destroy Yavin 4.Kyle roams each space station crippling it to destroy any touch of the dark side on it.While Kyle is searching for his bounty,Jaden retreives henchman to hunt down kyle katarn.Kyle goes stealth so these assassins cant find him.
Possible new planets,weapons,and new ship for kyle.

-Red Faction Guerrilla
-Fallout New Vegas
-Diablo 3
Old 10-05-2008, 12:33 PM   #473
GeneralPloKoon
Just a Time Traveller

Current Game: Borderlands (PS3)
I like that story Agent!
GeneralPloKoon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-05-2008, 01:01 PM   #474
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
Eww, no! No more Jaden! Jaden sucks, especially now that they've canonized him as a male, and the male voice actor was terrible. The female one was awesome, and that's because it was Jennifer Hale, the voice of Bastila Shan from Knights of the Old Republic.

So yes: let's forget all about Jaden. I wish Lucas Licensing would never touch the character again other than a mention or two here and there, but now they've got a freaking book coming out where he is the main character, which I am not happy about.

Death to Jaden! Have Kyle fight the infant One Sith Order. Hell, they don't even have to kill him off as I suggested.

Quote:
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Old 10-05-2008, 01:04 PM   #475
Agent_Katarn00

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralPloKoon View Post
I like that story Agent!
Thanks
I don't like Jaden so i thought Katarn could do something about it without having any use of the dark side.

-Red Faction Guerrilla
-Fallout New Vegas
-Diablo 3
Old 10-07-2008, 04:29 PM   #476
katanamaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerimar Nyliram View Post
they've got a freaking book coming out where he is the main character, which I am not happy about.
They're making a book about Jaden? Well I liked Jaden so I'm actually looking forward to this. Anyone know anything else about this?
Old 10-07-2008, 04:43 PM   #477
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
Yeah, they're making a stupid book about said stupid character set after the Legacy of the Force novels yet somehow linking to the Great Hyperspace War of 5,000 BBY. Somebody on the Dark Horse message boards linked to a blog about it from StarWars.Com. If I can find it, I'll post it here.

Quote:
Old 10-07-2008, 04:47 PM   #478
Inyri
The Magical Malefactor

Current Game: Final Fantasy XIV
Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Helpful! Contest winner - Fan Fiction 

Making a book about a character from a game that admittedly is considered by most players to have no reasonable plot seems like a waste of time.

Inyri is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-07-2008, 04:51 PM   #479
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
Indeed.

Here's a link to the Wookieepedia article, which I believe links to said blog at the bottom. If it takes place in two different eras, I'll bet it's probably one of those kids' books from Scholastic Books, since they like to do that often. That makes me somewhat relieved as I usually just disregard those junior novels.

It'll be nice if they retcon him to be a woman, though. But I don't see that happening.

Quote:
Old 10-07-2008, 07:16 PM   #480
katanamaru

Yes Jaden was indeed not that great of a character in the story, or Rosh for that matter. I just liked the custom character idea and feature. But now that I think over a little more the book could indeed not be very entertaining.

Unless they go with the Dark side ending.

I know the Light side ending is cannon.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Academy > New Jedi Knight Game Rumors