lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: New Jedi Knight Game Rumors
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-20-2010, 04:11 AM   #561
purifier
Forumite

LF Jester 
Bet it's another MMO, might even be in a JK style. I wouldn't put it past them (LA), if most of what station0420 said is true.

Of course we can only speculate from here on.

SITH HAPPENS
purifier is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-20-2010, 09:32 PM   #562
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by station0420 View Post
Just last week my very good friend, whose name will go unmentioned, started his new job for LA. He has told me that he is playing a small role in a game that has been in development for about 6-7 months and is still in its infancy. The game is an FPS Star Wars based and surrounds the Jedi. Also, it does not run on Frostbite. I think that the force unleashed game does Frostbite so it is most likely not a sequel to that. He says that it will be running something newer that allows huge destructible environments. He has not had much hands on with the game but says the guys who do are about to wet themselves to talk about it. However, they are under some law they can’t say anything or they can be prosecuted and sued! If this is not a new Jedi Knight game it sounds like it is going to be a spin off. I was never a real fan of Jedi Knight but I know a lot of you were so here is some refreshing news after, what, like 8 years?
I'm going to call BS on this one, sorry. Any new "Jedi Game" that was coming out was either:

1) The Old Republic (MMORPG meaning subscription based, third person)

2) Force Unleashed 2 (Console only, third person)

I'd like to see another genuine JK games as much as the next person, but I've seen these "a friend of mine..." rumors before, and they always turned out to be false (as in, NOT a new JK game, just another game involving Jedi).

Remember, just because a game involves swinging a lightsaber and some force powers does NOT make it "the next JK game."

The JK series has taken a very specific path. Single player games where you re-create battles from the Clone Wars (or this new "Starkiller" character, funny how they're reusing the original name of last name of Luke and his dad from the early scripts as this bad guy anti-hero character) or online RPG's where you can play as Jedi don't count.

The JK series has always been about a blend of single and multiplayer, and use of guns and other weapons IN ADDITION to the force powers and saber, and yes, blending the FPS genre with some third person melee options... and last of all I'll add.... ON THE PC (first and foremost, even if console ports come out).

Being able to "play as a jedi" is no longer the novelty it once was. Hence, the full richness of the series must be embraced in any future game. You can't just make another RPG or arcade/adventure game and because the title character has a saber that it's another "JK" game.

I hope I'm wrong, but I imagine we'll still be waiting for something this time next month + a day. Sadly I think LA has dropped the ball lately with PC gamers, we've become like the equivalent of Original Trilogy fans on the LucasFilm movie front... hate to say it.

So I don't know why they won't make another one (other than more snubbing of PC gamers)... was JA just not successful enough? Are they worried that only purist fanboys purchase games now and they won't "buy" a Jedi who uses other weapons anymore, or a Jedi game that isn't a straight up RPG?

Still, a new JK game seems like a no-brainer, but then what do I know, I'm just a game fan, not a developer or marketing genius working for LA/LF.

Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-21-2010, 03:45 AM   #563
setlec
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
I'm going to call BS on this one, sorry. Any new "Jedi Game" that was coming out was either:

1) The Old Republic (MMORPG meaning subscription based, third person)

2) Force Unleashed 2 (Console only, third person)

I'd like to see another genuine JK games as much as the next person, but I've seen these "a friend of mine..." rumors before, and they always turned out to be false (as in, NOT a new JK game, just another game involving Jedi).

Remember, just because a game involves swinging a lightsaber and some force powers does NOT make it "the next JK game."

The JK series has taken a very specific path. Single player games where you re-create battles from the Clone Wars (or this new "Starkiller" character, funny how they're reusing the original name of last name of Luke and his dad from the early scripts as this bad guy anti-hero character) or online RPG's where you can play as Jedi don't count.

The JK series has always been about a blend of single and multiplayer, and use of guns and other weapons IN ADDITION to the force powers and saber, and yes, blending the FPS genre with some third person melee options... and last of all I'll add.... ON THE PC (first and foremost, even if console ports come out).

Being able to "play as a jedi" is no longer the novelty it once was. Hence, the full richness of the series must be embraced in any future game. You can't just make another RPG or arcade/adventure game and because the title character has a saber that it's another "JK" game.

I hope I'm wrong, but I imagine we'll still be waiting for something this time next month + a day. Sadly I think LA has dropped the ball lately with PC gamers, we've become like the equivalent of Original Trilogy fans on the LucasFilm movie front... hate to say it.

So I don't know why they won't make another one (other than more snubbing of PC gamers)... was JA just not successful enough? Are they worried that only purist fanboys purchase games now and they won't "buy" a Jedi who uses other weapons anymore, or a Jedi game that isn't a straight up RPG?

Still, a new JK game seems like a no-brainer, but then what do I know, I'm just a game fan, not a developer or marketing genius working for LA/LF.
Well said!
setlec is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-24-2010, 01:45 PM   #564
Zwier Zak

Quote:
Originally Posted by setlec View Post
Well said!
Yep. I also doubt that JK4 would be a "home made" game. They would most likely give it to a third party developer. (IMO).
Zwier Zak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-24-2010, 08:38 PM   #565
katanamaru

I'd be thrilled if they got Raven back for a future JK. JO and JA are still my favorite pc games thanks to them.

If LA got anybody else I'd hope for the guys over at Crytek, but they are busy with Crysis 2. Their level of mod support would make the JK game live on forever (not literally).
katanamaru is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-25-2010, 03:33 AM   #566
-=*Raz0r*=-
Rookie

Indeed, mod support really makes a long-lasting game (As seen with the JK series already)
It's hard to judge how well Raven would do, seeing as over half the team(?) were cut.
-=*Raz0r*=- is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-03-2010, 07:36 AM   #567
Ham Yoyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by katanamaru View Post
I'd be thrilled if they got Raven back for a future JK. JO and JA are still my favorite pc games thanks to them.
JO and JA are my favorite games too. Lately I've been playing the new Wolfenstein game done by Raven. I'm having a lot of fun with it and its very well done. The SP levels are great.

My dream, to watch Imperial ships explode in my gunsights.
Ham Yoyo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-03-2010, 09:57 PM   #568
katanamaru

I'm going to get Wolfenstein too eventually. The demo for it was really fun. I'm just waiting for it to drop in price a little.
Old 06-17-2010, 03:16 PM   #569
Nedak
Beelzebozo

LucasCast Jingle Composer Forum Veteran Hot Topic Starter 
Another rumor thwarted..
Nedak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-18-2010, 02:19 AM   #570
acdcfanbill
..the wonders I have seen

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
good, i'd hate to be pleasantly surprised one time

acdcfanbill is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-01-2010, 01:33 AM   #571
JediMarin
Lurker

Current Game: Left 4 Dead
I sure wish they'd make a JK4. No good Star Wars FPSes around =< At least we have incredible mods like Movie Battles 2.

JediMarin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-16-2010, 11:26 AM   #572
Korr800
Rookie

Current Game: Jedi Academy
Cool Guy

Let's refocus on the question. As for new JK games, I have heard no credible rumors. But, as was stated before in this thread, all JK games have used a Quake engine. Unless Quake 4 or some awesome new engine comes out, the game probably won't be released anytime soon. Force Unleashed II was confirmed to have dismemberment similar to Jedi Outcast and Academy, so it may use a Quake engine. If it does, though, Quake's popularity may rise enough to let the people at Raven get the idea.
Korr800 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-16-2010, 11:33 AM   #573
Korr800
Rookie

Current Game: Jedi Academy
By the way, I noticed username JediMarin above me say that there is no good Star Wars FPS games around. I for one have no interest in modding except KOTOR mods. I find them frustrating and useless for the most part.

Jedi Marin- if you are looking for a good FPS- REPUBLIC COMMANDO!!!!!
Korr800 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-16-2010, 04:06 PM   #574
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korr800 View Post
But, as was stated before in this thread, all JK games have used a Quake engine.
Actually, that's not the case. Even if we don't count the original Dark Forces (which was just a straight up first person shooter), the original Jedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith ran a the proprietary engine (called "Sith") created by LucasArts.

So Jedi Outcast and Academy used a modified Q3:TA engine. Hence there's no major argument here that the next Jedi game needs to be on a Quake or ID software based engine. It could just as easily by on a different engine.

Quote:
Unless Quake 4 or some awesome new engine comes out, the game probably won't be released anytime soon.
Apart from graphics, why would it need a brand new engine?

Quote:
Force Unleashed II was confirmed to have dismemberment similar to Jedi Outcast and Academy, so it may use a Quake engine. If it does, though, Quake's popularity may rise enough to let the people at Raven get the idea.
What does dismemberment have to do with it? I'm fairly certain the Force Unleashed games do not use any "Quake" based engine.

The Quake series is already popular (well, it was, though without regular blockbuster releases, any series is going to fall out of the public limelight).

Other popular engines for these types of games have been the Lithtech and Unreal series brands. Again, there's nothing really stopping them from making another game apart from the usual time, money and desire. If you made a new JK game tomorrow, as long as it was fun, Star Wars fans would buy it. About all the general public needs these days to consider a game a hit though, seems to be decent graphics and a brand name. The only real "trouble" with this series is that it has a higher learning curve than your average shooter (with all the powers and melee moves). But since "Jedi" games are a dime a dozen these days, it needs to stand out in terms of gameplay, which is why the old formula of the series is so important (a flashy physics engine or ability to swing a saber alone won't cut it).

If you re-released any of the Jedi games today, with modern graphics (and of course good online options), it would have as much a chance of success as any of the previous installments in the series.

I certainly disagree that there are "no" good Star Wars FPS games around. But from a company perspective, it seems like they're unwilling to put the effort into creating a solid new game like this, considering how much time they've spent creating games to promote the Prequel era projects (like "Clone Wars") and games that are mostly flash (like Force Unleashed) but don't fit into the FPS genre.

Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-16-2010, 05:57 PM   #575
Alexrd

Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Now that I think of it, do we really need another Kyle Katarn adventure? I rather prefer another spin-off Jedi Knight game (like Jedi Academy) than a Jedi Knight sequel with Katarn. Not that I would be dissapointed or sad if a sequel ever comes out. It would certainly be a lot better than any KotOR or TFU game.

Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-08-2010, 03:44 AM   #576
CrisG
Aging Jedi

The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
too bad ..i agree that rumor sounds pretty iffy. JKA and JKO remain two of the best full figure action and enviornment games yet. They are really superb..and a follow up for LA could be a real winner. Maybe they are melting a bit... i always keep the hopes strong.

There is no Chaos, There is Harmony.
----------------------------------------------------
Admin 3D Worlds and Game Developers Group - Linkedin - "We Build Worlds"
DF-JK DF2-DFMOTS-JKII-JKIII-KoTOR I-KoTOR II - XW-TF-XvT-BOP -XWA-Rogue Squad - Starfigher-Racer- RC-Battle for Naboo-Episode I Phantom Menace-Shadows of the Empire-BF I - BF II-EAW-EAW:FOC-Loom-Grim F-MI-MII-MIII-DOTT-IJFOA-IJLC-IJET-IJIM-Dig-Sam and Max HTR
CrisG is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-08-2010, 09:22 PM   #577
Tinny

Guys remember how the Obi Wan game was a disappointment but was eventually followed by JO? Hopefully its the same way with Force Unleashed.

Redeemed!

An old school mod for jedi academy.
Tinny is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-09-2010, 11:29 AM   #578
setlec
Rookie

I think that a Star Wars FPS is not viable nowadays. With LA focusing only on the console market we PC fanboys are doomed! What we could do it to create our own JK-like game, of course that means alot of investment such time dedicated for it (3d modeling, FX sounds, music, etc!). we could use ETQW as base or use any Open source game engine, say Xreal for example!
Old 08-09-2010, 01:31 PM   #579
Rodders
Rookie

It's been a while since i've visited these forums and i was hoping that there'd be some news. Alas, it doesn't seem so. I can't understand it. JK was a well received and successful game. Surely it's going to be worth their while to make JK4.

My Millennium Falcon collecton focus; www.mffanrodders.wordpress.com
Rodders is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-15-2010, 08:46 PM   #580
DeadYorick
The Keeper of Peace

Current Game: Pheonix Wright
Quote:
Originally Posted by setlec View Post
I think that a Star Wars FPS is not viable nowadays. With LA focusing only on the console market we PC fanboys are doomed! What we could do it to create our own JK-like game, of course that means alot of investment such time dedicated for it (3d modeling, FX sounds, music, etc!). we could use ETQW as base or use any Open source game engine, say Xreal for example!
How would a Star Wars FPS be not viable. The FPS is the utter king of the console market. The most famous console games being ones like Call of Duty and Halo. It would make them an exceedingly large amount of money if they played their cards correctly.

"There's gotta be a better way to make a living"
-Kyle Katarn
DeadYorick is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-16-2010, 02:57 AM   #581
setlec
Rookie

well FPS on console is way too different than fps on pc, the interaction is different! i've been for a very long a PC gamer and playing games for PC and trying to play the very same game on console is quite confusing (honestly i never liked console).
Old 08-16-2010, 05:02 AM   #582
-=*Raz0r*=-
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
Apart from graphics, why would it need a brand new engine?
..Heh, let me give you a few before & after shots. These are straight from JA and are not modified in any way, shape, or form.
Before & After
Before & After
Before & After

That is an early screenshot of HDR (High dynamic range) in JA using pixel shaders.
Never before done, we're still exploring what we can do.
Next up: Bloom, motion blur (Already been done, but not perfectly), normal mapping, depth-of-field, etc.

We don't need a new engine. We just need to keep exploring new options in the current engine (Which, to be honest, is freakin' great)
I don't want JK4 to be made.
  • It'd kill off what's left of JA (Trust me, there's a lot - especially in the modding community)
  • It would be terrible. Sorry, but I don't think I trust anyone to make a good game today.
Old 08-16-2010, 03:23 PM   #583
DeadYorick
The Keeper of Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=*Raz0r*=- View Post
  • It'd kill off what's left of JA (Trust me, there's a lot - especially in the modding community)
  • It would be terrible. Sorry, but I don't think I trust anyone to make a good game today.
I have a few concerns with these statements.

Jedi Academy is owned by Raven, the guys who developed it. They own a Master Server which all other servers plug into. If they take down said Master Server, no JA multiplayer for anyone unless someone starts their own. But even then, it means you would have to download a special program and barely anyone would go on it. (Look at Dark Forces 2, or Aliens Versus Predator 2 for an example).

Now Raven is keeping up Jedi Outcast and Academy's Master Server for purely fanservice. They know the modding community is going to keep it afloat for a few more years. But this isn't indefinate. If Raven makes another game and it bombs, they'll shut down the Master Server to try and alleviate these costs. Or worser if Jedi Academy's multiplayer players go down they might find it too much of a hassle to keep it up.

Jedi Academy will die one day. That is to be expected by all around. It is impossible to avoid. The Quake 3 Engine while interesting and amazing, is old. It was made almost 10 years ago and doesn't support any special or modern technology such as anti-alaising or bump mapping. If you take an engine like The Force Unleashed's. It's modern and I could imagine Lucasarts commissioning a development company to make a game out of that.

My two cents, but Jedi Academy will die eventually, mostly due to the multiplayer finally being euthanized. This occurred with Jedi Academy's predecessor Dark Forces 2 when the MSN gaming Zone went down.

-Kyle Katarn

Last edited by DeadYorick; 08-16-2010 at 10:07 PM.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:02 PM   #584
-=*Raz0r*=-
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadYorick View Post
The Quake 3 Engine while interesting and amazing, is old. It was made almost 10 years ago and doesn't support any special or modern technology such as anti-alaising or bump mapping. If you take an engine like The Force Unleashed's. It's modern and I could imagine Lucasarts commissioning a development company to make a game out of that.
Though you raise some good points with the master server (Though ehm, I do know people who can set up their own master server to use), I have to argue with this point.

My last post showed an early demonstration of HDR using pixel shaders. Next up is bloom and normal/bump mapping.
Sure, this engine was made some time ago. It was then enhanced by Raven.
It has been the base for many other games/engines.
It will continue to be enhanced.
I think we'll have normal mapping in JA in roughly..2-4 months? It really wouldn't surprise me.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:05 PM   #585
DeadYorick
The Keeper of Peace

Quote:
If they take down said Master Server, no JA multiplayer for anyone unless someone starts their own. But even then, it means you would have to download a special program and barely anyone would go on it. (Look at Dark Forces 2, or Aliens Versus Predator 2 for an example).
Might need to repeat this part.

Quote:
My last post showed an early demonstration of HDR using pixel shaders. Next up is bloom and normal/bump mapping.
Sure, this engine was made some time ago. It was then enhanced by Raven.
It has been the base for many other games/engines.
It will continue to be enhanced.
I think we'll have normal mapping in JA in roughly..2-4 months? It really wouldn't surprise me.
While this may be the case it still only puts the Quake 3 Engine on Life Support, so to speak. It is still not capable of the things engines such as Source or even Doom 3's. Even though Doom 3 on a technical standpoint is obsolete since Id is working on IDTech 5, and it's the Quake 3 Engine's successor.

It would be like if someone made the PS2 capable of running Crysis on it's lowest settings. Even then it's still only barely extending it's lifespan by putting it on life support

-Kyle Katarn
Old 08-16-2010, 11:59 PM   #586
-=*Raz0r*=-
Rookie

Quote:
Might need to repeat this part.
In my experience, people have no problem downloading mods. It could easily be incorporated in any server/client mod.

Quote:
While this may be the case it still only puts the Quake 3 Engine on Life Support, so to speak. It is still not capable of the things engines such as Source or even Doom 3's.
Mm, no.
Technically, we are capable of doing those super cool things that they pass off as games - we just haven't done it yet.
We've only recently (Last 2 months?) started playing around with this stuff. Much more to come I think.
Old 08-17-2010, 12:07 AM   #587
DeadYorick
The Keeper of Peace

Quote:
In my experience, people have no problem downloading mods. It could easily be incorporated in any server/client mod.
I think you misunderstand.

It's not that people would download said mod or not. It's that Raven will disconnect the master server when they notice barely anyone plays the game anymore. Jedi Academy's player based is nowhere near the amount it had a few years ago, and will not ever see those numbers again. Once it gets to the point where there's only a few people who actually play Jedi Academy anymore (it is foreseeable in the near future) they will disconnect it and only a handful of players will download mods to keep playing.

Quote:
Technically, we are capable of doing those super cool things that they pass off as games - we just haven't done it yet.
We've only recently (Last 2 months?) started playing around with this stuff. Much more to come I think.
That is essentially talking about recoding the entire engine. With Jedi Academy on the decline I don't foresee that being something that brings back players. I myself don't play with custom HDR in other games because it really doesn't fit with the low poly textures and maps.

Now a complete high definition texture and remapping project, that's a completely different story. As games like Duke Nukem 3D and Deus Ex found their modding communities restarted due to that. But that's essentially remaking Jedi Academy. I found myself replaying Jedi Academy after several years just to play Escape Yavin 4 because it was so gigantic of a single player mod.

-Kyle Katarn
Old 08-17-2010, 01:12 PM   #588
-=*Raz0r*=-
Rookie

Quote:
Once it gets to the point where there's only a few people who actually play Jedi Academy anymore (it is foreseeable in the near future) they will disconnect it and only a handful of players will download mods to keep playing.
Still don't agree with this, but eh, we'll see

Quote:
That is essentially talking about recoding the entire engine. With Jedi Academy on the decline I don't foresee that being something that brings back players. I myself don't play with custom HDR in other games because it really doesn't fit with the low poly textures and maps.
Not at all. I didn't have to recode the engine to add in post-processing, pixel shaders, etc.
These things are very achievable
Old 08-17-2010, 01:44 PM   #589
Alexrd

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
I think you misunderstand.

It's not that people would download said mod or not. It's that Raven will disconnect the master server when they notice barely anyone plays the game anymore. Jedi Academy's player based is nowhere near the amount it had a few years ago, and will not ever see those numbers again. Once it gets to the point where there's only a few people who actually play Jedi Academy anymore (it is foreseeable in the near future) they will disconnect it and only a handful of players will download mods to keep playing.
But that's only valid for the online multiplayer part of the game. (Which ends up being the main reason there still is a JA community.)

Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Old 08-17-2010, 06:18 PM   #590
DeadYorick
The Keeper of Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexrd View Post
But that's only valid for the online multiplayer part of the game. (Which ends up being the main reason there still is a JA community.)
Online Multiplayer is the main reason everybody plays Jedi Academy. Singleplayer was fun back in 2003 but no one except the new players play Singleplayer religiously.

Quote:
Still don't agree with this, but eh, we'll see
Ive heard from several clan leaders over the years mention their biggest problem is lack of players. Many of which have had to close their clans because there would only be a max of 5 people on the server at peak times.

Granted the bigger and more popular clans still do have many players, but the smaller ones are steadily dying out.

-Kyle Katarn

Last edited by DeadYorick; 08-17-2010 at 06:28 PM.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:36 AM   #591
katanamaru

Raz0r:
Silly question, but is all those graphical enhancements the result of coding, or will that be possible for the single player side?
Old 08-18-2010, 03:58 PM   #592
-=*Raz0r*=-
Rookie

Coding, unfortunately.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:55 AM   #593
Zwier Zak

Well since we all want one. Might as well want one in a group hugh?

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...5561534&ref=ts
Old 09-28-2010, 05:49 PM   #594
Alexrd

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Before a Jedi Knight IV, I would like a Jedi Knight III.

Old 10-02-2010, 04:00 AM   #595
CrisG
Aging Jedi

The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
great pics RazOr, very interesting. I see a number of completed or in progress updating projects for SW games and some of them are amazing.

I am all for both keeping the Master Server up for infinity and for a new title or two or three. I remain hopeful and wildly optomistic. that is my nature.

There is no Chaos, There is Harmony.
----------------------------------------------------
Admin 3D Worlds and Game Developers Group - Linkedin - "We Build Worlds"
DF-JK DF2-DFMOTS-JKII-JKIII-KoTOR I-KoTOR II - XW-TF-XvT-BOP -XWA-Rogue Squad - Starfigher-Racer- RC-Battle for Naboo-Episode I Phantom Menace-Shadows of the Empire-BF I - BF II-EAW-EAW:FOC-Loom-Grim F-MI-MII-MIII-DOTT-IJFOA-IJLC-IJET-IJIM-Dig-Sam and Max HTR
CrisG is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-03-2010, 01:15 AM   #596
setlec
Rookie

Razor aren't you willing to try to use ioquake or XReaL engine and try to make something out? I know that Xreal src code is heavily modified and different compared to JA sdk. but it would be nice to see something done with those engines.
Old 10-03-2010, 07:04 AM   #597
-=*Raz0r*=-
Rookie

No. That's been done before. It's boring.
Don't you think something should be done with JA?
It's fun, I'm comfortable with it, the community deserves it. That's about it =p
Old 10-04-2010, 09:52 AM   #598
Tinny

Razor, it looks like i missed this but are you recoding xreal to play ja?

Redeemed!

An old school mod for jedi academy.
Tinny is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-04-2010, 11:53 AM   #599
-=*Raz0r*=-
Rookie

Lol, no, this is purely ingame screenshots from JA.

Before | After
Before | After

Also, to expand on katanamaru's question earlier..
Quote:
Originally Posted by katanamaru View Post
Silly question, but is all those graphical enhancements the result of coding, or will that be possible for the single player side?
It's possible in SP, but it'd be illegal. So naice though @_@

Last edited by -=*Raz0r*=-; 10-05-2010 at 11:05 PM.
Old 10-06-2010, 10:18 AM   #600
Zwier Zak

Quote:
Lol, no, this is purely ingame screenshots from JA.

Before | After
Before | After

Also, to expand on katanamaru's question earlier..
It's possible in SP, but it'd be illegal. So naice though @_@
Nice stuff. Looking forward to playing with that. But since I am a strong JO supporter I must ask. Can it be done in Jedi Outcast? How did you do that anywho? Ravens source? Scripts?

Also why would it be illegal in SP?

As far as I know you can do what ever you want to a game exe file as long as you don't share it's source with the public. It's never as easy as saying "something is illegal", sometimes what's illegal in the US is completly legal in the EU.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Academy > New Jedi Knight Game Rumors