lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: More Kotor III Rumour News!
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-25-2005, 07:22 PM   #81
90SK
Universal Figment

Current Game: Tetris
I would hope not, with all the **** "fans" have given KotOR II and OE.

90SK is offline   you may:
Old 12-25-2005, 07:24 PM   #82
Darth Hawkeye
Lurker

Thats a for sure hope i think IMO. Oh I'd like to announce Im new to these Forums

Darth Hawkeye is offline   you may:
Old 12-25-2005, 07:26 PM   #83
The Source
Rest In Peace

Contest winner - Modding 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Hawkeye
Thats a for sure hope i think IMO. Oh I'd like to announce Im new to these Forums
Welcome to the Lucas Nut House... I am the poster child for the disturbed... Hehehe...
The Source is offline   you may:
Old 12-25-2005, 08:13 PM   #84
kookaburra
Rookie

Location: If You Combine This Young Jedi And A Certian *Male* Sith Lord You Are More Likely To Get...Babies!
Hot Topic Starter 
Guys

KOTOR III related. (just another speculation I guess)

Take a look at this:

http://gamepage.gaminghorizon.com/media.php?game_id=469

and this

http://news.gaminghorizon.com/media2/1106847240.40.html

If You Are A True KotOR Fan,
Please Join My Non-Profit KotOR
Forum here.

Last edited by kookaburra; 12-25-2005 at 08:32 PM.
kookaburra is offline   you may:
Old 12-25-2005, 08:31 PM   #85
IndianaSolo
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kookaburra
That second link has "genre: action" listed.

Unless that's a typo, I wouldn't put too much stock in an article that doesn't even get KOTOR's genre correct.

Darth Maul - The Forgotten Sith
IndianaSolo is offline   you may:
Old 12-25-2005, 09:02 PM   #86
The Source
Rest In Peace

Contest winner - Modding 
When a person is bored, it is so easy to get lost in speculation. After a while, a person will believe in the speculation. Self included... After I reread those articles, I am beginning to see a reflection of what some of us are saying. Otherwords, some of our words are being used as news, but it is only our speculation... When it comes to KotOR III news, I am getting a little tired of waiting. Therefore, I will believe in anything that hints to KotOR III. After college let out for the break, I started to crack from the lack of homework... Sorry guys and gals...
The Source is offline   you may:
Old 12-26-2005, 01:01 AM   #87
JediKnight707
Or I will choke you...

Good find Just trying to encourage you

JediKnight707 is offline   you may:
Old 12-26-2005, 04:24 AM   #88
kookaburra
Rookie

Location: If You Combine This Young Jedi And A Certian *Male* Sith Lord You Are More Likely To Get...Babies!
Hot Topic Starter 
Actually guys sorry I just realized that one is out of date, Oh well, hopefully I will post better news next time.

Forum here.
Old 12-26-2005, 07:14 AM   #89
Ransom
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitneilston
It will be interesting to see the 'True' sith in comparison with the Sith we've been fighting in the other two games...be good if they all wore black cloaks with their hoods over their eyes, all mysterious like

heh my guess is malek in evilness would be a child playing with a teddy compered to the true sith
Ransom is offline   you may:
Old 12-29-2005, 11:20 AM   #90
Darth Fang
Lurker

Location: Tampa, Florida, USA, Earth, Milkyway Galaxy, The Universe
Exclamation

i dont know if you all know but......THATS FAKE IT SAYS MAMOTH AND THE REAL NAME IS MAMMOTH..............just google it up and you will see a thing on the top click that it says something with mammoth instead of mamoth therefor its fake sorry about crushing good hopes
Darth Fang is offline   you may:
Old 12-29-2005, 01:09 PM   #91
90SK
Universal Figment

I'm not sure I follow, Darth Fang.

Old 12-29-2005, 02:11 PM   #92
Sith_Reven
Rookie

I am confused, is this a double post for reassurance or is this actually more news. I could have sworn I have seen this before.
Sith_Reven is offline   you may:
Old 12-30-2005, 08:54 AM   #93
peku
Lurker

most of all I wish LA would take policy "It's done when it's done" with KOTOR3. Not pushing to gold before it's sorted out, remembering what happened with kotor2 endgame confusions. I'm quite pleased with long playing experince (about 40 hours first kotor and so) of both, and I do hope they pull out long and complex storyline in third. I don't mind if it lasts 100 hours - the games actually beat as emotional experience the movies imo hands down. There's so much more, plus feeling being there. Hopefully it'll be made with terms of PC hardware, and not some Xbox from where port is made to PC (LA could also make it dvd-only release) with all console "limitations".

I wish there would be proper romance trails with NP characters in K3 - like with bastilla in first, and bit with visas at second. I think interaction and influence with other NP characters is the soul of kotors (plus brilliant storylines). It makes it different from other games, when player gets emotionally involved with NP characters. It feels like Bastilla have soul thru very fine voice acting and options that carefully fool player to forget he is guided. In kotor2, the conversations were more in background, and much less options to things like romance with NP characters was offered.

Imo Visas Marr is one of most intresting charcters in sw-universe, I sure do hope she'll be in K3 (Je t'aime Visas .. Kelly Hu's voice acting just makes your feet feel like molten wax)

I'm ready to pre-order kotor3 the same day LA announces it. Darn, I can buy two copies to support lucasarts if it guarantees it'll come out someday.
peku is offline   you may:
Old 12-30-2005, 07:00 PM   #94
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
If K3 is rushed I won't buy it. I'm sorry but K2 was wishy washy and generally nowhere as good as K1.

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
BattleDog is offline   you may:
Old 12-30-2005, 07:20 PM   #95
Vladimir-Vlada
Counselor Idealist

^Same here. I don't want to see anymore plot holes, cut content or bad plots overall.
Vladimir-Vlada is offline   you may:
Old 12-30-2005, 07:20 PM   #96
90SK
Universal Figment

I disagree, outright.

I'll be buying K3 no matter what, because I like the series, and I don't care about the technicalities. If people say it sucks, I'll make that judgment after I play it.

Old 12-30-2005, 07:30 PM   #97
Lantzen
Aku Soku Zan

I agree with Skye. Kotor2 was rushed but it still a very good game.
Lantzen is offline   you may:
Old 12-31-2005, 05:40 AM   #98
Ztalker
Saving the world casually

Forum Veteran 
Exactly...

Like with the Tony Hawk series, people buy it because they know it will be good.
Lucasarts will not destroy one of their most important money-makers, especially now, since the movies are gone.

Ztalker is offline   you may:
Old 12-31-2005, 09:11 AM   #99
SilverSentinal2
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by peku
I wish there would be proper romance trails with NP characters in K3 - like with bastilla in first, and bit with visas at second. I think interaction and influence with other NP characters is the soul of kotors (plus brilliant storylines). It makes it different from other games, when player gets emotionally involved with NP characters. It feels like Bastilla have soul thru very fine voice acting and options that carefully fool player to forget he is guided. In kotor2, the conversations were more in background, and much less options to things like romance with NP characters was offered.

Imo Visas Marr is one of most intresting charcters in sw-universe, I sure do hope she'll be in K3 (Je t'aime Visas .. Kelly Hu's voice acting just makes your feet feel like molten wax)

I'm ready to pre-order kotor3 the same day LA announces it. Darn, I can buy two copies to support lucasarts if it guarantees it'll come out someday.
I agree with you 100%! I prefer Fem Rev and Male Exile but Visas got a raw deal in the game. I hope that in 3 we get to fix all the holes and just have fun. People take this so seriously and really it's kind of a kill-joy. Why can't everyone just chill and enjoy the suspence? Some people have been downright mean to Kookahbura because of what she posts. Why its all in good fun? There's a reason it's called GAMING! I think that when it comes out it will be fun to play. Until then we should all just enjoy life.
SilverSentinal2 is offline   you may:
Old 01-01-2006, 02:28 AM   #100
IndianaSolo
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye
I disagree, outright.

I'll be buying K3 no matter what, because I like the series, and I don't care about the technicalities. If people say it sucks, I'll make that judgment after I play it.
Agreed.

I had my complaints about KOTOR2 - mainly due to Lucasarts' rushing the product instead of allowing that extra couple of months for fine tuning - but overall I enjoyed my playing experience.

I'll buy K3 regardless of who makes it and whether it scores high on "ratings" sites because I'm a huge Star Wars fan and I will judge for myself whether it meets my expectations.

Old 01-01-2006, 09:04 AM   #101
NightLight

Might as well put this i don't know if it was look at yet

"BioWare definitely plans to continue the Jade Empire franchise," reads one of Muzyka's responses. "The Jade team did a great job with the first game in that series; we have great teams working on all of our games here. We've also said in the past that we're working on not just one, but two Xbox 360 titles. Enough said ; )"

That said, the pair shot down rumors that one of BioWare's two 360 titles was Dragon Age, its all-original fantasy role-playing game. "With Dragon Age--the first iteration of it, anyway--we're focusing on making it the most ambitious PC RPG we've ever done at BioWare," said Muzyka. However, just because it's not a current 360 project doesn't mean it won't be so in the future. "It's a franchise we own, so there will be other versions that will be on other platforms," Muzyka said, hinting a 360 version could be down the road.

ok i don't wanna say anything but this could either mean, bioware is working on JE2 for the 360 OR they could be maybe in a long shot doing KOTOR III I can only hope
NightLight is offline   you may:
Old 01-01-2006, 09:23 AM   #102
Darth333
Administraterror

Don't forget that Bioware is also doing Mass Effect for the xbox 360.
Darth333 is offline   you may:
Old 01-01-2006, 09:26 AM   #103
NightLight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth333
Don't forget that Bioware is also doing Mass Effect for the xbox 360.

yes i know, but they are developing 2 360 games one of them not being dragon age.
NightLight is offline   you may:
Old 01-01-2006, 05:20 PM   #104
Sith_Reven
Rookie

So this thread is fake and bioware is actually not making the game???? And the points and details said about it aren't true????? The game is not actually several months underway??? this is terrible. I am just going to go sit in a corner somewhere and sulk.
Sith_Reven is offline   you may:
Old 01-01-2006, 06:26 PM   #105
90SK
Universal Figment

I would be very surprised if Bioware was making KotOR III.

Old 01-01-2006, 07:26 PM   #106
VincentFreeman
Rookie

Quote:
I would be very surprised if Bioware was making KotOR III.
Ye, I'd would also be really surprised if Bioware does the game. I'm on the Bioware forums a lot and most recently the Mass Effect forums and there were many questions about KoTOR 3 for a while at the start. The developer frequent there forums a lot, more than any other developers I can think of, and one did say outright that they will not be doing KoTOR 3 but they will be happy as long as Obsidian is doing it. Thats pretty much a direct quote but I'll try to find the link and quote on their forums, however, it might have been deleted.

Btw, I'm new here. KoTOR 1 is my second favourite game after Grim Fandango. Although I was disappointed at all of the plot wholes and lack of romance in KoTOR 2 I still though it was an excellent game with an intriguing storyline. I personally think Obsidian will make KoTOR 3 but I would not be surprised if LucasArts decides to develop it themselves, seeing as they seemed to be doing that before the whole turnover of company thing.

Thats my rant, these forums are great. Hi to everyone.
VincentFreeman is offline   you may:
Old 01-01-2006, 07:39 PM   #107
VincentFreeman
Rookie

Ok so I found it. Click here to read it.

Bob McCabe said "As long as Obsidian is doing KotOR 3, I'm happy."

Somewhere it was said they would not do it but that has been deleted. I don't know if this is old because that quote was from a couple of months ago but I think it is still relevant here.
Old 01-03-2006, 12:36 AM   #108
kookaburra
Rookie

Hot Topic Starter 
I can't believe bioware doesn't want to do Star Wars. After all Bioware kicked butt doing Kotor but they don't want to do Kotor III. I reckon they could've done both.

Forum here.
Old 01-03-2006, 07:51 AM   #109
marvidchano

Location: Meditating In The Ancient Temple Of Exar Kun. Sutton in Ashfield. England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb King
Can someone explain the combat, since I've never played the Jade Empire.
well, when u were fighting u press buttons like A Etc u know what i mean and by using the D-pad u change attack styles so instead of them givin u a hit, then u givin them a hit like in turns u can fight non stop without watin for ur turn to stab sombody with a saber lol

Eusaet Rifae | Bria Server

http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?MarvidChano dO nOt Lo0k @ tHiS SiTe
---------------------------------------------------
Xbox live Gamertag: Dragon2Sword[/size]
marvidchano is offline   you may:
Old 01-03-2006, 10:07 AM   #110
VincentFreeman
Rookie

Quote:
I can't believe bioware doesn't want to do Star Wars. After all Bioware kicked butt doing Kotor but they don't want to do Kotor III. I reckon they could've done both.
I know what you mean. I totally wish Bioware had continued with the series but I keep hearing from them that they want to go off and do there own IPs because they get more choice and freedom and of course, more cash. I think freedom was an issue when making KoTOR for Lucasarts and that was one of the reasons Bioware didn't do the 2nd. It's unfortunate because they probably would have been strong enough to make the game they wanted instead of releasing something to early, like Obsidian was pressured into doing.
Old 01-03-2006, 03:33 PM   #111
90SK
Universal Figment

Quote:
It doesn't make any sense for Bioware to not do K2 but do K3. As soon as they announced they wouldn't be doing the second game, they were done with it. On to other things.

Old 01-03-2006, 03:53 PM   #112
Vladimir-Vlada
Counselor Idealist

Quote:
It doesn't make any sense for Bioware to not do K2 but do K3. As soon as they announced they wouldn't be doing the second game, they were done with it. On to other things.
Then why did they hire Obsidian to make Neverwinter Nights 2?
Vladimir-Vlada is offline   you may:
Old 01-03-2006, 04:46 PM   #113
90SK
Universal Figment

I don't know. How is that relevant? (I don't know much at all about the NN series, so excuse my ignorance if I'm missing something)

I'm just saying that if Bioware was still interested in the KotOR series, they would have done the second one. It's a costly venture to just change your mind with that kind of thing. I don't think Lucasarts would have it.

Old 01-03-2006, 06:59 PM   #114
Darth InSidious
A handful of dust.

Current Game: KotOR II
It's directly relevant - read your post, then Vlad's in quick succession

Darth Fang: I don't know if you noticed, but MAMMOTH OR MAMOTH IS AN ADJECTIVE NOT A NAME

As for the rumour mill, I frankly (or fredly) see no real change in status since about three months ago....Rumour, rumour, more rumour and the salmon of doubt swimming through our minds...

(edithed for grammatical accuracy)

Works-In-Progress
~
Mods Released
~
Quid existis in desertum videre?

Last edited by Darth InSidious; 01-04-2006 at 09:44 AM.
Darth InSidious is offline   you may:
Old 01-04-2006, 02:08 AM   #115
IndianaSolo
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladimir-Vlada
Then why did they hire Obsidian to make Neverwinter Nights 2?
They didn't hire Obsidian to do NWN2. Atari did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth InSidious
It's directly relevant - read your post, then Vlad's in quick succession
It's not relevant at all. Atari hired Obsidian to do the sequel to NWN2, just like Lucasarts hired Obsidian to do the sequel to KOTOR.

So vlad's post has no relevance at all to what the other poster (sorry, I forgot the username) said, unless you want to comment that the NWN2 forums are located on the bioboards.

But that has nothing to do with Bioware's decisions or any relevance to whether or not they'd skip K2 but then do K3. Atari made the decision that they wanted both NWN forums in the same place.

Old 01-04-2006, 09:48 AM   #116
Darth InSidious
A handful of dust.

Current Game: KotOR II
Meh. It looked relevant last night

Works-In-Progress
~
Mods Released
~
Quid existis in desertum videre?
Darth InSidious is offline   you may:
Old 01-04-2006, 09:49 AM   #117
AnakinSolaris
Rookie

Would it really be that terrible if Obsidian made KOTOR III instead of Bioware? Yes, they cut some content and yes the ending was rushed, but that was more to do with LucasArts wanting the game to be finished by Christmas. Have you all forgotten how bug-riden the "out-of-the-box" version of KOTOR I was?

I loved both games, but prefer KOTOR II to I, the ending of II did leave me with a "hollow" feeling inside, kind of "well, what was the point of all that then?", but the journey to that end was fantastic.

As for the KOTOR 3 rumours, II came out around a year after I, and was announced relatively soon after I was released. There have still been no official announcements about 3 as yet, which I would guess means that LucasArts haven't yet made a decision, but that when that decision comes it will most likely be that there isn't going to be one. After all, LucasArts games tend to come in twos (Dark Forces I & II, Jedi Knight I & II, Battlefront I & II, etc, etc)
AnakinSolaris is offline   you may:
Old 01-04-2006, 09:06 PM   #118
Rebel3334
Lurker

Thumbs down Fake intel i bet

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Strider)
^^^^

That's good.

2006? Well I hope that they have enough time to finish the game.

I always thought that BioWare should have the task of doing KOTOR 3.

A combat system based on Jahe made de Empire? I've always wanted that.

HE made that e-mail up i bet
Rebel3334 is offline   you may:
Old 01-05-2006, 06:24 AM   #119
kookaburra
Rookie

Hot Topic Starter 
I know Obsidian did a mistake in cutting some parts of Kotor II but since Bioware said they arn't doing Kotor III then all our hopes lie with Obsidian then, hopefully they realize their mistake from the some failures Kotor II game made and finally anounce Kotor III and they learn to do what fans want and do a decent Kotor III by making Kotor III the way its surpose to be the OT Star Warsy way. *If you get what I mean that is*

Forum here.
Old 01-05-2006, 10:08 AM   #120
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
I know Obsidian did a mistake in cutting some parts of Kotor II
Actually, their mistake wasn't cutting parts of TSL, it was planning to do them in the first place when they didn't have enough time to do so. I would guess that if there is a next time they will not be quite so ambitious and plan a little bit better. That can only lead to a better game.

Prime is offline   you may:
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > More Kotor III Rumour News!