lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: What you'd like in KOTOR III..
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-22-2007, 06:13 PM   #281
Darca Lar
Forumite

Current Game: Dragon Age Origins
more variety of movement when you're talking would be nice.

Yesterday is history. Tomorrow, a mystery. Today is a gift...that is why it is called the present.
Darca Lar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-22-2007, 06:22 PM   #282
Jediphile
Persona non grata

One thing above all else - for goodness' sake, fix the bloody clipping errors this time!! There are few things worse than seeing characters randomly poking vibroblades through a companion's chest during casual conversation or Atton typing on a non-existant keyboard

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built" - Kreia

Visit my KotOR blog at Deadly Forums.
Jediphile is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-22-2007, 06:34 PM   #283
Nancy Allen``
Banned

I know something that would be neat, have about fifty party members that are as developed as the best we've seen in the previous games, but the rub is the majority of them you have to perform specific tasks or have the right alignment to recruit them. For example how about a Padawan who left the Jedi because they were so noble they couldn't kill, and you have to have light side mastery before you can convince them to join you? Or a Mandalorian or Sith where you have to show how cruel you can be before they join, maybe with the Mandalorian you have to also show that you have honor that the Sith couldn't care less about.
Nancy Allen`` is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-23-2007, 10:55 AM   #284
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
IIRC at one time it was mentioned by the devs that NPCs were supposed to leave and join your party based in your actions. I'd like to see that in the next one...

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-23-2007, 02:42 PM   #285
Titanius Anglesmith
Kingslayer

I would really like to see more party interaction this time. I hate seeing people standing in one spot, unceasingly staring at the walls. Not much, but maybe the characters could walk around the ship and talk among themselves sometimes. And it wouldn't even have to enter the conversation screen, but maybe a bubble could pop up over their heads like it does when you "talk" to civilians on Taris.

Titanius Anglesmith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-24-2007, 10:12 AM   #286
1337mandalorian
Lurker

Do LA and the game devs look on these forums for ideas/to see what we want?

Darth Vader: If this is a consular ship, please tell the ambassador to come out of hiding so that we may discuss this like civilized beings.
1337mandalorian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-24-2007, 10:46 AM   #287
Vaelastraz
Veteran

I highly doubt it. Just imagine a developer looking through this K3 forum subsection...
Person 1 wants a brilliant story
Person 2 wants a Kotor Oblivion
Person 3 wants fully customizable sabers/faces/robes
Person 4 wants real time combat
Person 5 doesn't want real time combat
Person 6 wants lightsabers to be lethal with frist strike
Person 7 wants a gray path

and so on. I think it would be little help. I think potential developers would know anyway what they are supposed to do. Stick to their strengths, add some new stuff and make a COMPLETE game...
Vaelastraz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-14-2007, 01:28 AM   #288
croma
Rookie

Well, how about if the developer released the official modding tool+tutorial+law so if in anyways the game was a great disappointment (which is common in sequels) for the ones who played it, they can easily mod it themselves.
croma is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-29-2007, 08:44 PM   #289
anakin34
Rookie

It would be so cool if the handmaiden had gotten pregnant at the end of k2 and had a child and you would start at the age of 15 training at the coruscant jedi academy since you don't get to go there in k1 and k2. And 2 mysterious figures who are Atton Rand and Bao Dur then they could serve as kreia except they don't slowly intoxicate you until she try to kill like a crazy schutta!
anakin34 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-30-2007, 06:14 AM   #290
Darth_vilas
Rookie

What i really would like is
Kotor1 swoops
More space stations and leviathan(sp) missions.
Maybe a bigger ship like a tantive IV.
choke your officers :vader:
more chrystals in 1 lightsaber. And maybe more HotG an MotF crystals but les powerfull.
Revan and the exile must be in the game. because this game is the last one. We demand to know what happend to them.

Also I think revan is the sith lord frozen in carbonnite from EaW FoC. I also think the star forge returns. Because The droid on Dantooine said that the star map selfrepaired after it was destroyed. So why not the Starforge.
Darth_vilas is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-30-2007, 08:15 AM   #291
psand
Rookie

I would also like a gray path to follow. A third choice to play the game so to speak, which would include different quests and a different outcome at the end.
psand is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-30-2007, 12:54 PM   #292
Lanowar
Lurker

Perhaps the choices I make affecting the game more so then usual the ablity to join either republic, the sith or the criminal underworld and whatever faction I join grants me certain characters with plot lines that branch off but are all part of a giant main plotline.

HK-47 again should be there since he is the breakout character of the game.
Lanowar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-01-2007, 07:41 AM   #293
Da_Man_2423
Forumite

Current Game: NCAA Football 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanowar
HK-47 again should be there since he is the breakout character of the game.
By far.

More than 5 or 6 planets would be nice considering how many settled planets there are in the galaxy. Maybe larger areas as well, at least in the cities. Easy way to lengthen the storyline. How about being to play out what your actions are as a result of the game? Say you become the Dark Lord of the Sith, how about being able to go off and conquer every planet in the galaxy? Or if you're light side, defeat the Sith and attempt to go back to all the planets ravaged by them and attempt to help rebuild? So what if I defeated the Sith or became one? It doesn't mean anything if I can't play out what I've become. And no, a little cutscene at the end of the game is not satisfying enough.
Da_Man_2423 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-08-2007, 01:25 PM   #294
[Color] Jedi
Lurker

I'd like to see the following:

1. Obsidian as the developer. Seriously. I mean, of course, KotOR 2 lacked polish, but the storyline was much better than in KotOR, and Chris Avellone actually managed to smuggle some less than obvious moral choices into generally black-and-white setting of Star Wars.
2. Don't rush it. It is unlikely to happen, but hey, that's LucasArts we're talking about!
3. Further development of influence system. The idea is great, but character's behaviour should actually change with his alignment. KotOR 2 was full of strange situations, where "corrupted" characters suddenly became angry at the Exile if he/she had done something incompatible with their original alignments.
4. Less Jedi. Yes, it's a Star Wars game, but there must be certain boundaries. Non-Jedi should also play a prominent role in the game.
5. Ability to beat the game without violence. Jedi are supposed to be guardians of peace, so developer should give the player an option to resolve any situation through stealth or diplomacy. Violence should still be an option, of course.
6. Neutral path. Why should anyone using the Force be either a reckless maniac or a valiant do-gooder?
7. More developed party members, closely tied to point 2. NPCs should have their own goals and reasons - note, that these should be possible to change, provided you have enough influence - they should be able to forge some alliances between them, either to help the protagonist, or to harm him. Yes, it will be difficult to script, but this feature, if implemented properly, will make the game unique and will greatly enhance replayability.
8. Did I mention Obsidian?

Last edited by [Color] Jedi; 07-08-2007 at 01:35 PM.
[Color] Jedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-10-2007, 01:31 PM   #295
Obss Damell
Rookie

Current Game: Mass Effect 2/KOTOR2
1. black lightsabers. i know it sounds odd, but a lightsaber that emits darkness instead of light wouldnt that be awesome? i mean some sort of darksaber then i guess.
2.More attacks, more difference in fighting styles.
3. different grades in alignment. like Black, dark, neutral, light, White. also with different stories of course.
4.More different classes and storylines.
5.make it a bit longer, i played through it in hardly two days. yet, its still fun of course.
6. More planets. FAR more planets. why jsut the outer rim? i would wait half a year longer, and even pay more for the game itself, if there were more planets! i want to visit Corellia, Tatooione, Coruscant, and countless others.
7. The ability to play along, even if u won the ''final battle''. if you are light, help the people rebuild there planet, defeat more sith! if you are dark, go do dark sruff! kill people, blackmail them, steal stuff, conquesr planets, etc.
8. If you are dark side, i think you should be able to kill anyone you see, anytime. just enter some house, and start a slaughter, like in Fable. its kinda of stupid that you can only kill a certain person after a certain conversation or quest.

Last edited by Obss Damell; 07-11-2007 at 01:31 AM.
Obss Damell is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-25-2007, 10:44 PM   #296
thacoolkid
Rookie

I would like to see two things in KOTOR 3:

First, A body damage/replacement system. Originally, your health would deplete like normal, but after a specific amount of damage is done, certain parts of the body can be adversly affected by battle. Once you have reached this 'critical' point, body parts and be serverely mamed or destroyed, leading to the addition of cybernetic replacements. The cybernetics will replace the destroyed part of the body or augment mamed or disfigured ones. The look of the parts can be chosen, but the choices are limited to your particular force alignment. Dark Side will have more crude augmentations (i.e. Malak's Jawpiece or Vader's rebreather), while Light Side will have more elegant augmentations (i.e. Anakin and Luke's respective gloved hand).

Second: Definitive Dark and Light Side paths.
Unlike the previous games where you simply become dark or light side aligned and make respective decisions on universal events, KOTOR 3 should offer different paths and perks through the same events depending on your force alignment. Example: if you are dark side you may go to Korriban and do completely different things than you would as a light side character, even though you go to the same places. These definitive paths should also contain different masters that you may follow or fight against depending on your alignment choices. Likewise, if you choose to be Sith, you should be presented with a "sith rebirth event." In this event, your master gives you you mantle as a dark lord of the sith. You can do as you would when you create your character from the beginning and choose a randomly generated "Darth" Name or create one yourself.
Whatever side you choose, it should happen halfway through the game, so that you can fully enjoy being a Jedi or a Sith; supporting or destroying the galaxy.

That, to me, would be the coolest improvement ever!!!
thacoolkid is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-26-2007, 06:44 AM   #297
Corinthian
Banned

I have to agree with that second part, the Dark Side paths on both previous games have been extremely disappointing. You do the exact same thing, except the ending is different. Hell, in KotoR 2, the ending wasn't even very different.

However, that first part I have an issue with. I'm dueling some scrag Dark Jedi, take a few points of damage, then suddenly "Oh, your guy just lost an arm!" Besides, I think it'd be too hard to implement, and I'd really rather not go through my game as Ton Phanan, First Edition.
Corinthian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-26-2007, 08:11 PM   #298
thacoolkid
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corinthian
However, that first part I have an issue with. I'm dueling some scrag Dark Jedi, take a few points of damage, then suddenly "Oh, your guy just lost an arm!" Besides, I think it'd be too hard to implement, and I'd really rather not go through my game as Ton Phanan, First Edition.
I feel you. I probably should have made it more clear as to what i was thinking. The 'critical' point i was reaching is not necessarily something that maybe every battle will cause. Maybe it could be dealt by an advisary with a high enough skill level, you know? like you my have to be a certain level of character or be fighting a boss character in order for these 'criticals' to take place. Nothing to me would have been more epic than to be battling Darth Sion on Korriban in KOTOR 2. Sion is extremely strong and me not being skilled enough to even challenge him, decides to stay and fight after Krea tells me to leave, only to mess around and lose an arm because my dexterity was low and my toughness wasn't high enough to take the hit. It gives your character more individual personality, it's much more realistic than simply falling over and dying, and it may give some players the ability to be more strategic in their gameplay if the difficulty is high enough.

thaCool

Edit: ....I mean, that's exactly what happened to Anakin in EpII. If he hadn't been so impetuous, he wouldn't have lost his arm to Dooku.
**just throwing that out there**

thaCool

Last edited by RedHawke; 07-27-2007 at 05:30 AM. Reason: Combining double post...
thacoolkid is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-10-2007, 08:30 PM   #299
peepulwaxer
Lurker

I want there to be extreme character customization. I would also like full control of a ship in space combat and the ability to wander around the galaxy after the credits roll. A new style of swoop racing would be nice, like outdoors and with other people on the track.

There's always a bigger fish.
peepulwaxer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-10-2007, 09:47 PM   #300
Nancy Allen``
Banned

Yes, something like the Sims games, or even as basic as Mortal Kombat or Soul Calibur. But I'd really like something that could, if you'll pardon the pun, lay the Smackdown on anything else.
Nancy Allen`` is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-12-2007, 02:22 AM   #301
Master Kai
Rookie

Battle movements is what I'd like to see most. Thought is was odd how a regular soldier attacks enemies with a viroblade the same as a jedi master with a lightsaber. Perhaps different fighting styles for the jedi classes as well. A guardian would obviously fight move aggresive than a consular only as they know more fighting styles. Different saber forms perhaps require different attack types too, rather than just gainning a bonus, but still attacking the same way.
One of the things I personally loved about kotor more than k2 is when Revan is given the choice to join Bastila & kill Juhani & Jolee. It was really cool how the party NPC's stood up for what they beleived in, rather than in k2 you just lost influence with them, but they would always follow you.

Besides that, both games are great, so I doubt they will let us down for the 3rd.

"It is a Far Greater Victory to Make One See Through Your Eyes, than to Close Their's Forever!"
Master Kai is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-13-2007, 01:05 PM   #302
Arcesious
Trolololololololololololo

Current Game: Mass Effect
Okay.... here we go... I've got a lot to say about this...

Ahem.

1: At least a dozen huge, well laid out planets, as i want a much longer game. I personnally would liek to go to Kashyyk, Coruscant, Dxun and Onderon, Nar shaadah, a newly being rebuilt Taris, Ilum... etc, etc.
2: You get to chose whether you wna tyour main character as a jedi or not. If you chose jedi, you get to have either one lightsaber at the start, two lightsabers like alyaa secura, or a single doublebladed saber. no searching for parts.
3: a better character setup. More feats per level, more ofrce power gain per level, more skill gain per level, more attributes per level.
4: More heavily customizable weapons. For example- a lightsaber with more than just 3 crystals and 3 booster parts, but also some little parts like wiring matrixes and stuff. Guns are very coustomizable. you can build a gun yourslef if you want. The gun starts otu as you choose it's basic skeletal frame. then you choose what parts you want it to have, makign a very powerful, customized gun.
5: If you choose the hard setting, AI will actually be challenging.
6: More party members by choosing. I would like to see mandalore and the droids again. But mandalore would have some extra speical guys along with him. The droids would have extra droids with them too. You would be able to purchase and pay for the services of new crewmembers from different spaceports if you wnated for example, or buy new droid crewmembers from stores. I always wanted to buy myself a nice pet hssiss or an amry of elite trained gizka too...
7: A new ebon hawk. It's the same ebon ahwk, but at certain spaceports, you can purchase upgrades for it, such as more guns and defenses, or extensions to it's hull. More containers inside the ship. I always had about a gazillion bajillion items with me, most of whoich i wanted to keep on the ship.
The medical bay would have a meical bench, along with soem containers to keep medpacks and whatever else in. the crew quarters would have lockers and constianers and stuff for party members to keep their extra stuff in. the cargo bay and the cargo hold would have many containers to keep all theat spare cargo in. In space battles, you would be allowed to either pilopt the ship, or man the gun turrents. if you piloted, your party members would man the gun turrents. Internal defenses for repellign invaders, such as hiiden turrents concelaing underneath the floor or int he ceiling, or activatable minefields that only use flash mines and gas mines.
8: a still very complex plotline. you would at first choose what happened in the first two games, such as, did revan do this?, or did the Exile do this?, was the jedi council killed?, did the exile's partymembers become jedi?, what was the fate of "this" planet?, etc, etc. better character romances, but still keepign it within the T rating level, nothing too suggestive. Kids play these games, not just teens. It would disappoint many kids if they found the next best starwars game ever made to be rated M or having some rating explanatiosn that make their parents deny them the allowance to buy it and play it, also resulting in less sales.
9: Heavily customizable armors and robes. you could make your own, choose certain colors for it, choose it's stats, higher bonuses costing more and more components, etc, etc. Optional for heavy armors and such to have no dexterity restrictions or force restrictions through a cheat code... etc, etc.
10: more cusotmizable charactyers at the start. you can customize your muscle tone to amke your guy look super strong, or make your guy as fat a sumo wrestler. coustomzable facial hair and skin color. females actaully have really long hair instead of being cut super short like a female field military medic or something. Guys can have a beard that is three feet long, customizable height, as you can have a guy at tops as tall as 7'2 if you're playing as human. you can also be an alien if you want.
11: i dunno what else to say. that's pretty much it, but i may have more to say later. please consider what i have said. oh yeah... and by the way, no deadlines. early deadlines kill games. try to make this game complete.
Sure, i know all these suggestions must seem demanding, but honestly, when you programmers make a really good game that you put your heart into making, don't you play it yourself when it's finished? K1 was good, com[plete, but K2 lost that one thing tha tmade it good, all because of some budget cut or a deadline.
12: this is my fifth and maybe my last edit: I want revan and the Exile playable in your crew. I don't want to be revan or the exile again, but i want them customizable before you get them. either that, or having Revan or the exile be your main character agian by choice would be so freaking cool!
13: one last thing. your scouting party... You can have your party be more than 3 people, and you don't have to have your main character int he party every time excpet for on certian plot cercumstances. a scout party of at least 5 from a crew of about 20 or so would be nice...

Last edited by Arcesious; 08-13-2007 at 01:31 PM.
Arcesious is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-22-2007, 01:28 AM   #303
Jvstice

1) Some closure to a lot of the outstanding Revan and Exile's hanging plot threads (Revan & Bastilla's/Carth's romance, fate of Bao - Dur and the droids as well as their influence on galactic events, what Visas was supposed to see on Katar, the fruition of Canderous' agenda from K2, fate of Zalbar & Hanhar, Taris survivors, rebuilt jedi order on coruscant, redemption? of Atris, fate of Dustil, Mekel, the fate of the "mad" escaped droid from Marko Ragnos' tomb, etc.). A chance to get a better idea of the "big picture" and how it all ties together, if it does. Resolution to whether Revan actually fell, or made a sacrifice for the good of the galaxy... etc.

2) More individualized force powers.
In K1, Bastilla is supposed to be a prodigy of battle meditations to such a degree that no one has anything comparable. In K2, Kreia tells exile about an ancient sith lord so skilled with a lightsaber that even the best of "modern" Jedi or sith would be "as children with toys" by comparison. I'd like to see the options you choose open up new options as you go further along one path, due to specialization.
Example:
A jedi that specialized in repair and in the destroy droid power might also get something akin to GoT0's droid trick power, or a version of dominate mind that was effective against droids, as opposed to humans and aliens, where someone who primarily put their abilities in persuade might get the droid and alien persuasion powers offered as options, but miss the droid trick power.

Another example:
Have the Exile to be the only Force using character that can learn all the uniquely individualized powers, or the only one who has the unique powers Kreia taught him/her in K2.

3) More temporary recruitable characters, as well as more flexibility in assembling your party.
Example: Near the end of K2, if you play where Male Revan was LS, it seems that Bastilla is about to go seeking Revan. If you play where Male Revan was DS, she says she's about to do so in the holocron recording you find on Korriban. It would be cool if she were recruitable while you are seeking Revan, but that she might leave your party when you actually find Revan. Then she could be your contact with Revan's forces at various points in the game, but wouldn't have to necessarily join your party. The difficulty of some of your tasks might depend on how well equipped she was and built up before she left your party for good.

4) More aliens as party members, and where they're Jedi or Sith, or if appropriate in non force users that give them certain bonuses or weaknesses to different aspects of the force or their other abilities.

I'd like to see twilek's getting racial dexterity bonuses, miraluka gaining bonuses to their FP or getting some sensory related powers without the use of FP, Ithorians getting bonuses to healing powers, and echani with a natural ability to resist force powers.

5) A variety of environments across a multitude of scenic worlds that contribute to the star wars mythology as well as being pretty to look at.

6) new puzzles and minigames that allow for alteration of your interactions with NPCs as you succeed over time.

7)
Jvstice is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-22-2007, 03:34 AM   #304
Darth Avlectus
Your point?

Current Game: Soul Calibur 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by psand
I would also like a gray path to follow. A third choice to play the game so to speak, which would include different quests and a different outcome at the end.
I sort of alluded to this. I'd like to see your elaboration.

And some left handedness. Some hand to hand and hand to weapon combat. Possibly more saber forms as well as traditional swordsmanship that is more true to real life.

And maybe a little Beavis and ButtHead. huhu huh. Heh Heh. mmeheh heh.

And that dude or dudette who was talkin' about being able to edit everything like if you want the character to have a height of like 7'2--sounds an awful lot like WWE's games of late with their custom character option.
While I'd vie for a greater custom wardrobe too (freedom of expression and speech--I maen it's awesome) bear in mind that we can't spend *too* much emphasis on customizability or it takes away from the gameplay...I mean the first character I made on smackdown-shut your mouth took me an hour. Mostly getting used to it, but still. But we all have our wishes.
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-22-2007, 05:56 PM   #305
logan23
Veteran

Current Game: Revenge of Revan
Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Contest winner - Modding Hot Topic Starter 
I want to See Revan and Exile back as supporting characters.

I want to see the Republic on its way of healing its wounds from the other wars.

I want a great story which will connect with the other 2 kotors and create some closure for Exile and Reavn.

I know if they do this that some people may not like Exile or REvan's open plot threads closed since they wont agree with them but i believe we need to in order to help keep form in the kotor universe and allow new plots threads to be created.

If it can be done well then why not.
logan23 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-23-2007, 12:27 AM   #306
Da_Man_2423
Forumite

Current Game: NCAA Football 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan23
I want a great story which will connect with the other 2 kotors and create some closure for Exile and Reavn.
We ALL want a great story, and I doubt the developers would intentionally make a bad one...
Da_Man_2423 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-30-2007, 05:21 PM   #307
Revanation121
Lurker

I would like the return of the original characters
Revanation121 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-30-2007, 05:47 PM   #308
Arcesious
Trolololololololololololo

Current Game: Mass Effect
Upgraded Ebon Hawk. pilotable ebon hawk in space battles, easy control.

Please feed the trolls. XD
Arcesious is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-30-2007, 07:29 PM   #309
BigMike322
Rookie

All the characters come together.
BigMike322 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-30-2007, 09:26 PM   #310
Jvstice

Arcesious: Pilotable Ebon Hawk sounds like a lot of fun change in minigames from shooting pursuers and swoop racing, but I doubt we'll see it.
Old 08-31-2007, 02:44 AM   #311
Weiser_Cain
Forumite

More detailed character customization
Mod Support/Official tools
Multiplayer in addition to the SP game as seen in NWN
Better interaction with the environment
Piloting the Ebon Hawk among other ships
Weiser_Cain is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-31-2007, 04:08 PM   #312
T3-M4
Rookie

Hm...I'd say I'd like in KOTOR III would probably be in the Unknown Regions of space, being an exiled dark jedi and redeeming yourself on a quest to save the Galaxy, or fall even farther to the Dark Side.
Possibly featuring Bao-Dur (He was calm and his voice seemed like he was scarred from the Mandalorian Wars,) and Canderous, (On a remote planet in the middle of a warzone, since he said he was going to restore the Mandalorian's honour) and possibly Revan in his robes on a planet fighting whatever threat he rushed off to so quickly.
Also my favourite little Astrodroid T3-M4 Lol
T3-M4 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-03-2007, 10:31 AM   #313
True dark lord
Lurker

A better story line is what KotOR 3 needs a good 1 more Planets And after credits
continue playing available AND Online PLaY!!!!!
True dark lord is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-15-2007, 11:09 PM   #314
Jazz.z
Lurker

Sure, many characters of the first two parts should appear in this game.

I would like a more challenging game. After playing Kotor I which was fairly easy, Kotor II was incredibly simple. And the looting system was non sense. Just by looting a few boxes and corpses I could equip all my party members. You wouldn't buy anything 'cause you can find much stuff by exploring a bit in the wilderness, as a result of this, I always finish the game with no less than 100000 credits and with such an immense array of goods that I could build up my own Czerka corporation.
Jazz.z is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-16-2007, 02:48 PM   #315
Rev7
I'm a Mage

Current Game: CoD 5 WaW; Skate 2
Helpful! 
More customazation, different ship,.... better story line.... of course if it even comes out.

Rev7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-18-2007, 05:39 AM   #316
Rogue Warrior
Banned

Make the combat more controllable. By that you can use, say, Force Push exactly how you want it, just toss someone to the ground or send them flying, or use the mouse\analogue control to tighten and loosen the grip of a Force Choke.
Rogue Warrior is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-26-2007, 02:44 AM   #317
SkiKing
Rookie

Probably been said but, I would like it if the player could only learn maybe 1-2 fighting styles (such as Ataru and Shii-Cho for example). Each of these forms would have distinctly different fighting animations. Each style would have sub-categories that the player could put points into upon level-ups to make them more proficient in various situations. For Example, One category may be how you fair against a single opponent. Ataru may be able to upgrade this skill out of 10 (the max).... but can only be upgraded up to 5 in the "multiple enemy" category. Different forms have different strengths and weaknesses...i think implementing an upgrade system would add variety to the players individual style as well as expand upon the feature in general
SkiKing is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-26-2007, 03:29 AM   #318
Jvstice

Skiking: That sounds like a lot of fun and wuold allow for almost endless possibilities and replayability.
Old 10-27-2007, 03:39 PM   #319
Rev7
I'm a Mage

Current Game: CoD 5 WaW; Skate 2
Helpful! 
I agree.

Rev7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-27-2007, 04:12 PM   #320
Meowster

Current Game: New Vegas/KotOR
I agree as well! Hmm...now what would I want in K3? Definately more character customization...why can't I be Twi'lek, Zabrak, or Rodian? And handedness...while it may seem extreme to some...I would want at least some of my characters to be identical. The idea of piloting the Ebon Hawk sounds very interisting, sounds like more than fun than shooting those confounded Sith-spaceships.
Bigger party, would be a plus, maybe 'acquire' certain characters for quests. More worlds would be a great added bonus too. I would love to see Coruscant, Rebuilt Telos, Ilum, differant parts of Nar Shaddaa, and 'maybe' Dantooine...if there is anything that could be required from having it.
And finally, while this isn't 'in' K3...I would love it if it was made by Obsidian!

Cheers.
Meowster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > What you'd like in KOTOR III..