lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: KOTOR III Story Ideas
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-15-2005, 03:03 PM   #41
Soogz
Forumite

Current Game: Fifa 09
I would like a longer game, new planets plus the original, from the previous two games, and a mixture a characters from the old games, and you meet the old NPC's, some join you, and some don't. Any ways there is a lot more that I want its just to hard to explain.

Soogz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-15-2005, 09:19 PM   #42
SITHSLAYER133

me thinks the game should start off as a new character with revan and the exile turning up near death on run from the true sith !!
SITHSLAYER133 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-16-2005, 07:59 AM   #43
Ztalker
Saving the world casually

Forum Veteran 
Why not put it this way: (i will use the male form)

In the intro movie you see a young 10 year old boy/girl sitting in the waiting chamber. (your pc character) he/she looks up to a man. The man smiles back. Then the guard of the councilchamber calls: "It's time....the council expects you."
The man walks in.....and comes out without the lightsaber that hung on his belt when he walked in. Then it's your turn.....
A black screen.....
We see the PC 5 years later as a young boy. He is a padawan, and his master is Bastilla.
You do some little quests that shape your fighting style, and powers, and another black screen appears.
Tehn you are an adult. Youb are again summoned by the council:"As you know, we are in war with the true Sith. We have need for Jedi knights. Your talents are noteworthy, but we expected nothing less of the pupil of Master Shan. It is time....we send you on a mission. We have information about the identity of the leader of the True Sith. We want you to investigate. You have to visit these planets: Tatooine, Manaan, Krashyyk, Dantooine, and Korriban. Find out what you can about a person called 'Revan.' If you succeed, come back, and you will be awarded the title of Jedi Knight."
The main character will be send. By choises he can shape Revan. Is he the leader of the True Sith? If you claim no, the Council says: "We where afraid this would happen. This means The Exile has taken command." PC:"Who is the Exile you are talking about?" Council:"You saw him on the day you where tested...rmemeber?" The main character is a Jedi Knight now, and must face the battle that awaits him. If you made Revan good,thus making Exile evil,The council says: "There is still hope. Revan must still be alive. Please search for him. He can help us win this batlle" If you made Revan evil, you have to search the unknown regions for the Exile. One of them joins your party, and some of the old friends of the Exile and Revan. Then you will be plunged into battle, fighting for planets, and fighting against a monsterous powerfull enemy, and an even more powerfull leader.

Ztalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-16-2005, 10:48 AM   #44
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

What KotOR 3 can benefit from is independence. Independence to pick if you want to work for the Sith or the Jedi, or work alone. A "Storyline" would be that the protagonist is helping rebuild the Republic and squash remnant Mandalorians/Sith/Dark Jedi when he stumbles upon The Star Maps and reaches the Unknown Planet, gathering immense information on the Rakata. The Elders tell him that their rivals, a group of powerful force adepts have set forth to find a device powerful enough to disintegrate an entire planet (read: Death Star).
Our usual Jedi dude also finds Sith remnants who want to use his high force potential to "destroy" the Republic. The hero is free to choose wether he wants to be a Jedi Master, a Sith Lord or something completely different. He chases the Rakata as they travel to the outer reaches of the galaxy and on the way he helps the Jedi rebuild and such, though he never tells his secret mission to the council.
Finding the Rakata will be tough and the game will not hold the player's hand and guide him around. He will have to analyse information, see what's best for himself or others and do what he feels is right. At the end, when he catches up with the Rakata, he learns that the Sith remnant are after the Death Star too and so are the Mandalorians. The player is thrown into a literal race with the other factions as he seeks to obtain the device. He learns that the device doesn't exist, but only the plans of it do. The ending will depend entirely onto the player, wether he wants to secure the plans for the Republic, the Mandalorains, the Sith, whatever.

Sabretooth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-17-2005, 06:18 AM   #45
Ztalker

Forum Veteran 
That would be cool. I've read somewhere that the Deathstar couldn't be build before the Sithr would rule the galaxy, and have al the finances and resources needed for the Deathstar. Since The Sith ARE conquering much planets in KOTOR 3, it would be a great story if a lonesome Jedi had a mission to destroy the plans and the device. It also makes sense in the timeline. In episode 2, you see a fairly primitive race having the plans for the Deathstar. Did the True Sith hide it there? It would be a great storyline. Good Job!

Old 08-17-2005, 06:21 AM   #46
rhinomatt
Rookie

that would be too simaler to the starforge and the temple with the lifeform on there ect..

"the dark side leads to death and destruction but the lightside leads no where!"
rhinomatt is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-17-2005, 08:07 AM   #47
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

Got a point, rhino. How about turning the tables, how about:

Sith of the Old Empire, where you play an aspiring Dark Jedi and end up becoming one of the most powerful Sith Lords the galaxy has ever seen...?

Sabretooth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-17-2005, 11:23 AM   #48
Ztalker

Forum Veteran 
Where's the 'good' option in that? Maybe realising what damage the Sith does, and joining the Republic? Would be cool though, starting as a Sith.

Old 08-18-2005, 09:54 PM   #49
stationhater
Lurker

the uncharted lands

personally i think it would make the most sense for the sequel to take place in the uncharted regions where the true with take place. Not only would it be a great way to work in Darth Revan and possibly The Exile, but speaking logistically the place has to be conquered at some point. I find it difficult to believe that the republic wouldnt expand into that region in 4000 years of growth that lead to the original stories.
perhaps it would work best if you were to start as a new character who was born in the uncharted regions and had never even heard of the republic or the jedi (but obviously had heard of the sith). And through a series of dialogue options you choose how Revan and The Exile ended their journeys (dark or light) and then have a choice of apprenticing under one of them in order to choose your allignment. And according to how you chose the game may not play out entirely in a different fashion, but the enemy (or ally for that matter) would have been chosen ultimately by your actions in the last two games of the series.
I also would support a system in which dark and light side points were a bit harder to predict. so that choosing to behave as you truly would becomes a more viable option and that sometimes doing what you think is the right thing can actually bring you to the dark side....like saving someone's life for the wrong reasons or giving in to strong emotions on either side of the morality scale.

PS. id like to know what the "*" next to "FREE*" means in the ad on the scroll , because i have a feeling it means "not at all"
stationhater is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-19-2005, 08:26 PM   #50
Lord Pickle
Rookie

unexpected plot twist

Just when you thnik you've seen it all the most unexpected plot twist ever. A Revan/Hutt love story. Just think about it no one would ever suspect it until bam there you are right in the middle of a cutscene of the Hutt, lets call him Charlie, and reven locking lips. It would be more unsettling than I Wookie in tights and more incomprehensible than the Jawa's. Right at that moment you would have the whole KOTOR fan base going WTF.
Lord Pickle is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-19-2005, 11:09 PM   #51
Manny C

I reckon it would be mad if you played as a mandalorian. First ever force sensitive mandalorian. Maybe you could even be canderous' son/daughter?

That would lead way to another mandalorian party member, a childhood friend perhaps. or even canderous himself acting like your mentor sort of. That would lead to some cool reservations about you joining the jedi, or even canderous sending you to find revan because revan is the only jedi canderous would trust to train his kid.
Manny C is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-20-2005, 12:45 AM   #52
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
Sith of the Old Empire, where you play an aspiring Dark Jedi and end up becoming one of the most powerful Sith Lords the galaxy has ever seen...?
I would definately play that!

Unfortunately, it will likely never see the light of day!

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-04-2005, 07:06 AM   #53
Ztalker

Forum Veteran 
It would be cool to see the war fropm a different point of view, and it makes it possible for the PC to meet Revan/Exile, since they are in the Unknow regions.
It would make a good story, i guess...

Old 09-05-2005, 11:29 AM   #54
ExtreamJedi12
Forumite

Maybe the main charecter should be unfrozen by a sith guy and u serve as his apprentice until u meet this jedi and she takes u into the unknown regions and let's u meet Revan and the exile and u can choose to kill them all or join them.

Freakin' sweet!
ExtreamJedi12 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-07-2005, 12:42 PM   #55
JediRevan
Rookie

You can't fly without the Ebon Hawk

True Toral
JediRevan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-07-2005, 12:52 PM   #56
JediRevan
Rookie

Wink KOTOR III Story Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Havok
Hey, thought it might be nice to see where everyone wants the story in number III to go. Who will be the charactors? Whose going to be the PC this time, the like.
I agree there needs to be some new planets. I think it would be neat to be able to visit some of the old ones as well. I've read most of these posts on new story ideas. One suggests that the Mandalorians be destroyed. That doesn't even follow the KOTOR story since Revan told Canderous to gather the clans on Dxun(revealed in KOTOR II) to aid the Republic.
A really good story line would be for the pc to be a child of Revan. If Revan were played as female or male, the child would have been born before Revan became a Jedi. The age of the child would be just about right since he/she would be about twenty years old. I get this idea from a book I am writing based on Revan being played as a female pc.

True Toral
JediRevan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-13-2005, 09:40 AM   #57
Aurora Merlow

It starts off on a space station in the unkown regions under the rule of the true sith. The true sith are ruled over by the remnants of the species sith (which were a race incredible strong in the force that had long since died out, or so we thought) and the decendants of the jedi who were expelled from the Republic after the order first split over a millenium ago.

Revan (who will be the eventual PC player), after waging a personal 4 year war against the true sith has been finally captured. However his apprentice Pheonix who we will play as for the meantime, was able to escape and under Revans order returns to the Republic with vital info regarding size, strength and strategies of the new threat. He finds Bastilla and the new Jedi order, containing members from kotor1 and 2, who against Revans direct orders plan a rescue mission.

With Phoenix's info, a strike team that includes members from 1 and 2 (not just jedi) goes in search of Revan. However Revan has been transfered a secret facility, and the party must now search throughout the Sith empire for clues portaining to where Revan is. After visiting a couple of planets we find him, however in the meantime the Sith have finally launched their assault on the Republic.

Revan now takes the lead and with the help of his party they must track down the Sith homeworld whence came the species Sith and the original Sith teachings and which is now the base for their attack. how you have been playing the game light or dark will climax here where you can destroy the threat or assume the dark throne. Most of the game will largely take place in the unkown regions which will give it a new fresh feel.
Aurora Merlow is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-20-2005, 08:40 PM   #58
RobQel-Droma
Blah

Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Ok here is my 2 cents.

I think that you should start out as a force-sensitive who has been called to the Jedi Temple on Coruscant. You should start out on your homeplanet (Alderaan would be cool), and along the way you would meet some sith who are trying to kill anybody training as a jedi. You fight through them, and end up having to find a small shuttle with... T3! Apparently you can't find out much from him and he won't tell you much about what he does know, but he follows you to the jedi temple. You begin training, and i mean actually training, like maybe going to different masters to build your lightsaber, learn a saber form, and actually spar with other padawans, stuff like that. You could even take a test or something to get to the next level of training that required you to give information(gender, face, alignment) about Revan and Exile. After you have maybe gone on a few missions, you have a vision of Revan and the Exile, and it seems that a select few other notable padawans had similar visions. You are sent by the Jedi Council to either Kashyyyk, Tatooine, Manaan, and Korriban, (take your pick). You are sent with a female padawan who will be the main female character in your party, and maybe if you wanted to go to more than one planet out of those 4 they could make something happen to the Jedi that went to your second planet pick and you would have to go there also. Eventually the three or four Jedi meet up on the unknown world and there your training would end and you would be on your own.
Next you would learn more about the Exile by looking at some of the planets he went to. After this you would head to the Malachor V system and head off into the unkown regions (you would probably pick up a few characters from all of these planets). You would find the Ebon Hawk, little more than a floated hulk in space. After repairing it it becomes your ship and you follow the last set of coordinates it was at. AT this point, I don't have a set idea on what the storyline will be, but i think that you should head around to uncharted planets, some with big cities and architecture yet mysteriously empty, some seemingly uninhabited planets with forest or grasslands, and some places with sith lords and there minions. All of these would have subtle clues leading up to the last planets. It would be cool if you were also hounded by the Genorharadon (elite bounter hunter society in KOTOR 1). Eventually you find Exile and Revan, and at the end have a titannic battle between Jedi and Sith (maybe the "true Sith).
OH MAN! Finally thats done with.
RobQel-Droma is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-20-2005, 09:05 PM   #59
RobQel-Droma
Blah

Quote:
Personally, I would like to see just a few of the characters back from the previous 2 games. Namely Juhani, Bastilla, and Mira. Maybe throw in the death of Jolee Bindo
oh yeah, forgot to say something about that . I think that Bastila should return, it would depend on wether Revan killed her or not. I would love to see HK-47, and maybe a force ghost of Jolee.
Old 09-21-2005, 11:37 AM   #60
RobQel-Droma
Blah

good, bad, and just plain weird ideas

Quote:
Just when you thnik you've seen it all the most unexpected plot twist ever. A Revan/Hutt love story. Just think about it no one would ever suspect it until bam there you are right in the middle of a cutscene of the Hutt, lets call him Charlie, and reven locking lips.
Um...uh...that might be funny kind, although it certaintly would not after I throw up all over my computer.

Quote:
I reckon it would be mad if you played as a mandalorian. First ever force sensitive mandalorian. Maybe you could even be canderous' son/daughter?
Now that might be cool.

Quote:
(cutscene starts here) He automatically just knocks out your party members. He tries to do it to you but you are much stronger than your party. (cutscene ends)

You start fighting him, but he is way too powerful. His sabering skills are very complex and hes just whooping you around.

(cutscene)your sabers lock, he kicks you, chops off your arm, and throws you. he puts his saber down like Dooku did. now here comes the one moment we ALL wanted in kotor 2. Big man turns around...
Might be kinda cool, but come on, lets not remake any of the movies here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
Why does everyone want to be evil. I do it sometimes, just to change things around, but I have the hardest time when i am supposed to be killing off my party members. I keep hoping that there is some kinda evil way i could spare them.
Old 09-22-2005, 01:18 PM   #61
Nuitari_28
Rookie

My ideas for the game are simply thus, you play a new character but you start of as a kid in Civil war (ala Revan vs Malak) in coruscant you do your first trials (complete with training saber), you see how the civil war affected the galaxy. Go on a training mission to alderaan and play political apprentice you reincounter the game 2 years later with the exiles time and you flee with all the other apprentices being scared of being slaughtered, however the masters stay and remain diligent and get murdered (ala Kotor 2) but ypu play part of the game in the time period of kotor 2 trying to gtet off of coruscant so you can get a new identity. Then finally being enlisted on a mercanarys ship you fly away from coruscant and pass on out of exsistence and make a new name as a mercanary.

1 year later- In a raid your ship is caught by pirates and you flee in the shuttles and land on a planet on the outer rim. You play recconaisance and find out what happened to the rest of the crew and find out the planet is true sith. You get enlisted in the temple there.

2 weeks later you are a padawan in the true sith temple and are learning what they offer. You here mysterious rumours of Revan. Do what you want...

The harbringer of the storm,
The devouring Darkness,
Bringer of destruction, Death, Revoloution and Rebirth
Nuitari
'I am the first, the last the omega'
(Book of revelation)
Nuitari_28 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > KOTOR III Story Ideas