lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Characters in KotOR III.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-02-2005, 04:58 PM   #121
Bastila
Forumite

Quote:
Originally Posted by nas77
Yeah I'd like to see that as well, it would be a really cool character. btw anyone know what Yoda's species is called?

No one knows what there are called or where there from.

Bastila is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-02-2005, 05:32 PM   #122
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
As you can see here, GL never named Yoda's species.

http://www.starwars.com/databank/cha...oda/index.html
Achilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-03-2005, 02:17 AM   #123
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler
Or, if they do provide a twilek NPC, let's please not have another wuss like Mission...
What? How could you not like our precious little blue twilek!

Oh well... to each their own!

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-03-2005, 03:31 AM   #124
Aurora Merlow

As long as it has Revan, Bastila and Carth not fussed

A mixture from kotor and TSL would be good
Aurora Merlow is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-03-2005, 09:22 PM   #125
DarthLinde
Rookie

Location: My mommy said not to give out that kind of stuff cause anyone who wants it's a pervert stalker!!!
I don't know why but for some reason I think a gamorrean would be a good party member.

DarthLinde is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-03-2005, 10:02 PM   #126
Jeff
Rating: Awesome

Current Game: SWTOR
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLinde
I don't know why but for some reason I think a gamorrean would be a good party member.
I don't. And I think many would agree with me. Why would a Gammorean be hanging around a Jedi?

Follow me on Twitter
Follow StarWarsMMO.net on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
Jeff is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-03-2005, 10:10 PM   #127
fresnosmokey02
Rookie

Isn't there a gommorean jedi in the NJO book series?
fresnosmokey02 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-03-2005, 10:17 PM   #128
Jeff
Rating: Awesome

Current Game: SWTOR
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fresnosmokey02
Isn't there a gommorean jedi in the NJO book series?
I haven't read them, but I hope not. I was planning on starting to read them pretty soon, but if there's a gammorean jedi...

Follow me on Twitter
Follow StarWarsMMO.net on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
Jeff is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-04-2005, 12:26 AM   #129
DarthLinde
Rookie

Location: My mommy said not to give out that kind of stuff cause anyone who wants it's a pervert stalker!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthMoeller
I don't. And I think many would agree with me. Why would a Gammorean be hanging around a Jedi?
Well, like Jabba used them, generations of Hutts have. This one is much more intellegent than the rest and wants to destroy Motza the Hutt so he'll have all the power on Nal Hutta.

Old 09-04-2005, 06:22 AM   #130
montnoir

Gammorreans as a species aren't intelligent - EVER and most certainly not intellectual.

in vino veritas
montnoir is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-04-2005, 07:04 AM   #131
starmark2k
Someone's Worse Nightmare

LFN Staff Member Roleplayer 
I Think the gamorian was genetically enhanced in NJO, I don't think he was a jedi he was just apart of the wrath fighter squadron.
starmark2k is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-04-2005, 09:08 AM   #132
ExtreamJedi12
Forumite

Maybe the could add a Yuuzhan Vong charecter.
ExtreamJedi12 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-04-2005, 09:49 AM   #133
starmark2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtreamJedi12
Maybe the could add a Yuuzhan Vong charecter.
The Yuuzhan Vong won't be discovered for another 4000 years
Old 09-04-2005, 05:50 PM   #134
lukeiamyourdad
Using Teletraan I

LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthMoeller
I was planning on starting to read them pretty soon, but if there's a gammorean jedi...
Only because of that?!

http://www.marioramos.ca/ -A friend of mine and an aspiring filmmaker.
lukeiamyourdad is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-04-2005, 06:35 PM   #135
fresnosmokey02
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by starmark2k
I Think the gamorian was genetically enhanced in NJO, I don't think he was a jedi he was just apart of the wrath fighter squadron.
I thought he might have been part of Wraith squadron, which is composed of all jedi pilots. But he may have been part of Rogue squadron. And yes, he was genetically enhanced and much more intelligent than your run of the mill gamorrean.
Old 09-04-2005, 11:25 PM   #136
DarthLinde
Rookie

I have know idea what your talking about.(Only know about the movies and kotor) I have a better idea! Instead, lets brake into a hutt base and kill the gammoreans! (Don't know why I wanted one in the first place)

Old 09-05-2005, 12:33 AM   #137
fresnosmokey02
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLinde
I have know idea what your talking about.(Only know about the movies and kotor) I have a better idea! Instead, lets brake into a hutt base and kill the gammoreans! (Don't know why I wanted one in the first place)
Sounds good to me!
Old 09-05-2005, 08:51 AM   #138
dragon2sword
Rookie

i think u should hav a yoda species character

Sith Code
:

Peace is a lie...
There is only passion...
Through passion i gain strength...
Through strength i gain power...
Through power i gain victory...
Through victory my chains are broken...
The force shall free me
dragon2sword is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-05-2005, 09:07 AM   #139
Aurora Merlow

Yeh how good would that be, a little yoda flying around with a lightsabre. Maybe he could be like a mentor that guides you through the unknown regions
Aurora Merlow is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-05-2005, 11:33 AM   #140
fresnosmokey02
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora Merlow
Yeh how good would that be, a little yoda flying around with a lightsabre. Maybe he could be like a mentor that guides you through the unknown regions
Ya, we always think of Yoda (and in turn his species, because we have no other examples - and Vandar is the same) as old and wise, a jedi master, council member, and one who sends knights off on their adventures. What would a whatever-that-species-is be like as a young padawan or knight, not so wise, full of energy and adventure? Or even one turned to the dark side?
Old 09-05-2005, 11:50 AM   #141
starmark2k

Quote:
Ya, we always think of Yoda (and in turn his species, because we have no other examples - and Vandar is the same) as old and wise, a jedi master, council member, and one who sends knights off on their adventures. What would a whatever-that-species-is be like as a young padawan or knight, not so wise, full of energy and adventure? Or even one turned to the dark side?
Perhaps you could go to their homeworld and finally give them a name. although this would make them less mysterious.
Old 09-05-2005, 11:51 AM   #142
ExtreamJedi12
Forumite

Quote:
The Yuuzhan Vong won't be discovered for another 4000 years
Yeah. Maybe a Wookie Jedi.

Freakin' sweet!
Old 09-05-2005, 03:24 PM   #143
*Yoinked*

Maybe a Trandoshan instead of a wookie, I mean they are just as strong, plus cooler in my mind.

Also, what about a Assembler, like Kudar Mubat (sp?) from the Bounty Hunter Wars, instead of a hutt for all of the bounties, i mean Hutts are getting pretty old, and it would be pretty sweet to kill for a spider, and get paid by little banking nodes and all...

"Live is about taking risks: place your bet!"

350+ posts yay!!
*Yoinked* is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-05-2005, 06:19 PM   #144
nas77
Rookie

Quote:
Or one who isn't force sensitive; instead he's a rough-around-the-edges scoundrel with his own smuggling vessel. Now that would be different.

"Take this guy... armed robbery, double homicide... has a taste for theatrics, like you... he leaves a calling card..."
nas77 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-05-2005, 11:42 PM   #145
MasterWakt
Lurker

My thoughts . . .

Bastila and Carth should be playable characters in the beginning tutorial. They are searching through the asteroid field of the remains of Malachor V for any sign of what happened to the Exile, maybe about a year after TSL. Bastila feels something in the force and decides to land on a relatively large asteroid, only to be ambushed by Sith Assassins. [ They will not be playable afterwards. ]

You just so happen to be a Jedi Apprentice on the cusp of becoming a Jedi Knight -- the only thing holding you back from becoming one is the lack of your master, Brianna, who has travelled to Coruscant to find out if she was the only one who sensed a distress call from Bastila only a few days ago. [ You are re-united with her eventually in the game. ]

Bao-Dur and T3-M4 are still hard at work on the Telos Restoration Project. HK-47 is in the outlying areas of the system, too, attempting a solo search for the HK-50 factory.

So basically, in this suggestion, the returning characters would be the Handmaiden, Bao-Dur, and the two droids.

The new characters would be Kelborn (I love the idea, he-who-came-up-with-the-idea-earlier-in-this-topic), a male Chadra-Fan mechanic (always in conflict with Bao-Dur), a male Rodian smuggler, a male Twi'lek who supposedly works for the Genohardan, a female human pilot, and a female assassin. All of the characters have the ability to become Jedi, with the exception of those who are already Jedi, the droids, and Kelborn.

------------

Much longer and in-depth than I was hoping for. o_o
MasterWakt is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-10-2005, 10:31 AM   #146
ExtreamJedi12
Forumite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterWakt
My thoughts . . .

Bastila and Carth should be playable characters in the beginning tutorial. They are searching through the asteroid field of the remains of Malachor V for any sign of what happened to the Exile, maybe about a year after TSL. Bastila feels something in the force and decides to land on a relatively large asteroid, only to be ambushed by Sith Assassins. [ They will not be playable afterwards. ]

You just so happen to be a Jedi Apprentice on the cusp of becoming a Jedi Knight -- the only thing holding you back from becoming one is the lack of your master, Brianna, who has travelled to Coruscant to find out if she was the only one who sensed a distress call from Bastila only a few days ago. [ You are re-united with her eventually in the game. ]

Bao-Dur and T3-M4 are still hard at work on the Telos Restoration Project. HK-47 is in the outlying areas of the system, too, attempting a solo search for the HK-50 factory.

So basically, in this suggestion, the returning characters would be the Handmaiden, Bao-Dur, and the two droids.

The new characters would be Kelborn (I love the idea, he-who-came-up-with-the-idea-earlier-in-this-topic), a male Chadra-Fan mechanic (always in conflict with Bao-Dur), a male Rodian smuggler, a male Twi'lek who supposedly works for the Genohardan, a female human pilot, and a female assassin. All of the characters have the ability to become Jedi, with the exception of those who are already Jedi, the droids, and Kelborn.

------------

Much longer and in-depth than I was hoping for. o_o
Nice. What creativity. u have an imagination on u.

Freakin' sweet!
Old 09-10-2005, 07:53 PM   #147
Vince Trageton
Rookie

Yeah, rather nice ideas. I especially like the thought of Kelborn and Brianna.

Also, just a thought - an interesting new feature might be romances between npcs, maybe depending on your actions and words.

UPMF Supreme Commander Vince Trageton
Vince Trageton is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-10-2005, 08:34 PM   #148
*Yoinked*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Trageton
Also, just a thought - an interesting new feature might be romances between npcs, maybe depending on your actions and words.
Teh coolness! Nice idea! Like maybe if you went DS, and turned one of your characters he would get together with the DS lady jedi, as compared to you as LS, with him together with the DS lady jedi, or something like that.

"Live is about taking risks: place your bet!"

350+ posts yay!!
*Yoinked* is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-13-2005, 03:05 PM   #149
Vince Trageton
Rookie

taking this even further, such a relationship could spice things up, e.g. jeallousy evolves between you and the character because both of you are after the same person etc.... I sense DS potetial there ....

UPMF Supreme Commander Vince Trageton
Vince Trageton is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-20-2005, 06:34 PM   #150
RobQel-Droma
Blah

Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Smile

I think that HK-47 and T3-M3 should be there, KOTOR would not be the same without them, I also think that you should at least have the choice to have a wookie. I also think that you should be able to turn thim to the light side or the dark side. It might be cool if maybe Vima Sunrider (Nomi Sunrider's daughter), would be a main female character, or perhaps even her daughter. After all, Vima was originally going to be the Bastila character but then got removed in KOTOR 1.
I have heard people suggest that Dustin Onasi should be there, and he would be a cool character as a main one, but depending on how you played KOTOR, he might be dead.

Quote:
I also like that idea.
Finally, i think you should have a lot of choice as to your characters with a wide assortment of aliens, humans, and others. It also would be cool if you could build your own little droid and have him come along with you autimatically kinda like Bao-Dur and his remote.
RobQel-Droma is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-11-2006, 08:56 PM   #151
ViperSkeele
Rookie

Quote:
I desided to start this thread to find out what team members you would like to see. )
I would like to have the blind force sensitive girl from TSL back (I've only played TSL through once and I can't remember their names), but I'd like to have options to the curtain she wears, AND I'm not sure if Darth Nihilus is the cigarette butt looking dude, or the one with the white mask and the brain scrambling voice, but seriously the latter went down too easily in TSL how about resurrecting Darth Whitemask, who rises to become the Dark Lord, lets face it, he is mysterious, his voice sends a shiver up your spine, and he did die WAYYYY to easy, it makes one suspicious, and boy howdy I did like having the force sensitive girl around, she was sultry, unique, obsessed with my PC's force abilities, the perfect Padawan OOO...OOO...OOO, how about she has a special force ability to temporarily broadcast her blindness to your enemies, severely hitting their perception (at least the weaker willed ones)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingerhs
^^^^
agreed. although i thought that Visas was a bit fleshed out more than the rest of them, besides Kreia, of course.
YES VISAS, Absolutely Visas, she was an excellent character, I posted once but I couldn't remember her name, BUT Kreia....not so much. I thought Bao-Durs arm was cool, I want my next PC to have an electric appendage, but Like I said before I think resurrecting the subordinate Dark Lord, not The ashes one, the mask one, would be very cool, I like the look, especially like the voice, he's tied to the unexplored regions of the galaxy, he's a big mystery, and he could be a harder core badass that Darth Maul or Darth Vader, Now...

Could someone tell me his name? please? Nihilus was the other one wasn't he? (ashes boy?)

And how about the roaming voices of the Jedi Council ie; "Use the Force Luke"

Last edited by RedHawke; 03-12-2006 at 12:44 AM.
ViperSkeele is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-11-2006, 09:58 PM   #152
Mandalorian BH
Rookie

Id like to see a badass rodian on your team.
Mandalorian BH is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-12-2006, 01:04 AM   #153
lightexile
Rookie

Not a fan of Rodians. They smell.
lightexile is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-12-2006, 10:17 AM   #154
ViperSkeele
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandalorian BH
Id like to see a badass rodian on your team.
Yeah, me too, like Twitch on STEROIDS
Old 03-12-2006, 01:40 PM   #155
Mandalorian BH
Rookie

well Id like to see a rodian join your team or once.a rodian bountyhunter to be exact.maybe a mandalorian too.and a fallen sith.
Mandalorian BH is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-12-2006, 02:52 PM   #156
Diego Varen
Left and may not return

Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Maybe Twitch survived the attack on Taris and became a Bounty Hunter. He could be skilled with both guns and swords.
Diego Varen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2006, 04:36 PM   #157
ViperSkeele
Rookie

yes absolutely, I wasn't thinking of Twitch specifically, but that makes a great tie in story, imagine training Twitch in the force.....crazy rodian with a lightsaber....(drool)
Old 04-06-2006, 04:40 PM   #158
The Distorted
Rookie

Personally, I want a smaller total number of party members this time, but each with alot more depth to their personalities (and the potential many ways they react/interact to the situations/circumstances/environments around you and them, and also in their backstories/sidequests, etc).

BUT - I want their to be various potential allies that you get to choose from whilst on your journey that make up your party, so you get a say on who follows you, but it's also realistic in that the relationship can be affected by your actions and treatment of these individuals (a new way of doing the "influence" system) and is therefore dialectical (works both ways, and in some cases may require 'compromises' on either end).
They could leave on their own accord if you treated them too disrespectfully, or you could tell them to "go away" , for example. But if they left (for whatever reason) you could find someone else to 'replace' them, etc.
E.g, in TSL, I really wanted Azkul to join my party. I thought that would be awesome, if you could offer him a new "job" serving by your side (he is a mercenary after all) and you could literally have to pay him, in return for his "services", real business-like.
There could be many different types of reasons for people joining you (not all of them personal), which would create original and dynamic relationships with these people, and many different ways in which they could show 'loyalty' to you, or give reasons why they might leave you, or even betray you (such as receiving a better deal, etc).

And in regards to this idea:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperSkeele
Yeah, me too, like Twitch on STEROIDS
Ai, thirded.

"Someone's gotta get tough,
or someone else is gonna cry"
The Distorted is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-14-2006, 12:52 PM   #159
darklord_malak
Rookie

agreed, but what i want depends on the storyline and what it allows, i want a sith to become a party member.

[All Hail Lord Revan]
darklord_malak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-14-2006, 02:27 PM   #160
ViperSkeele
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Distorted
I really wanted Azkul to join my party. I thought that would be awesome, if you could offer him a new "job" serving by your side (he is a mercenary after all) and you could literally have to pay him, in return for his "services", real business-like.
There could be many different types of reasons for people joining you (not all of them personal), which would create original and dynamic relationships with these people, and many different ways in which they could show 'loyalty' to you, or give reasons why they might leave you, or even betray you (such as receiving a better deal, etc).

And in regards to this idea:

Ai, thirded.
OK, good ideas, I think you ought to be able to hire any mercenary (now that you mention it), if you have enough cash and they're willing to do whatever job it is. Different mercenaries could be willing to perform different tasks based on their skills and their good / evil orientation. Someone might not kill for you, but they might steal an upgrade to the Ebon Hawk II for you and / or install it for you, maybe an electronics jammer you can turn on to avoid space combat portions of the game
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > Characters in KotOR III.