lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: when will it stop
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-18-2005, 10:33 PM   #41
IndianaSolo
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Sooges
Actually that would be good maybe like a prequel to K1.
I wouldn't like that idea. You'd know how events turned out right after your game.

Atleast with the KOTOR series you don't. There's 4000 years before the events of the movies. If you did a prequel to KOTOR then you'd basically be playing a game with a known outcome (ie. regardless of what you do in the game, Revan and Malak find the Star Forge, Mandalorians lose, etc.).
IndianaSolo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-18-2005, 11:40 PM   #42
Larke
Lurker

I was refering to when the Jedi order first split and the sith began (several hundred years before Revan and Malak) obviously the sith lose. But you can have alot of fun adventures, and according to the old bat (Kriea) that the sith lords took over worlds on the outer rim. So maybe you can spend some time slicing local politicans to convince them that your prime Over ruler material!

Larke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-21-2005, 09:20 PM   #43
Losh
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaSolo
I wouldn't like that idea. You'd know how events turned out right after your game.

Atleast with the KOTOR series you don't. There's 4000 years before the events of the movies. If you did a prequel to KOTOR then you'd basically be playing a game with a known outcome (ie. regardless of what you do in the game, Revan and Malak find the Star Forge, Mandalorians lose, etc.).
Well, 4000 years from KOTOR, the events from the movies happen, so you're playing a game with a known outcome anyway.

As long as the storyline is a lot (a couple of hundred years) before or after, and not connected to the KOTOR storyline, I think it should be fine.

As to placing a game in the timeline after the movies...Well, firstly you have a lot of Sith tombs lying around the universe, and one of them could hold a Sith holocron or a spirit of a long deceased Sith Lord (not so rare occurence in the star wars universe). It could be just lying there for a force-sensitive being (or even better, a potentially corruptible Jedi) to find it, and voila, few hundred years later, we get the new Sith...And if that sounds bad, you could still have some other users of the Dark Side...Dark Side witches, Fallen Jedi, whatever.

But personally, I'm still for putting a game in the times when the Jedi order first split, as Larke said. You can have fun kicking the butt of fallen jedi or losing the war and going to the worlds beyond the outer rim to enslave the Massasi and lay foundations for the Sith Empire.

As long as the story is good I don't think the timeline will be much of a problem.

I agree it's important to keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out.

Last edited by Losh; 08-21-2005 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Writing posts in 3:20 am makes baby grammar cry
Losh is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-21-2005, 09:44 PM   #44
Lightsider
Rookie

there are over 20,000 years.

Think about it like this, the republic has lasted for thousands of years, i think that after the third one they will go back in time to the eras of tulac hord and the other great sith lords. The first major split within the Jedi order would be really cool, since they dont really say anything about hero's from that time period, it would make for some interesting Gameplay.
Lightsider is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > when will it stop