lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: The Hunt for the Sith Hunter
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-27-2005, 07:06 PM   #361
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Current Game: TrackMania Nations
Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Riebe's right hand clenched into a fist as she turned to Roma. "Track that... we have to find him."

-------------------

"Where do you think Riebe is?" Nadira wondered. Erica shrugged. Caitlin said nothing.

"No answer..." Nadira muttered. They returned to the ship in silence and found a droid waiting for them.

"Here is a datapad," the droid said. "The coordinates of your next hyperspace jump are there. Have a nice trip!"

"Empty space," Nadira said, taking the droid's datapad.

"The Watchtower," Erica gasped. "It has to be!"

"It is," Caitlin said quietly. She boarded the ship and waited for the others to do so.

Mom tells me I need brain food... but if writing ain't that, I don't know what is!

My work in progress:
Hidden Histories: The Galaxy Hacker

Have a read, give a review, yah?
Writer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-27-2005, 07:11 PM   #362
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
"Got it." Roma worked quickly. Meanwhile Martins worked at another station. Soon he turned, frowning.
"I'm looking at the security measures. Wherever he is it's impossible to penetrate. Ysalamiri everywhere, motion trackers, traps, cameras everywhere. Guards, both force-using and otherwise. Weaponry better than the empire had back in the civil war."

Vader's wife was very pregnant when she died 19 years ago. All of a sudden a 19 year old who is very strong in the force and has a distinct resembalance to him in his younger days rolls in from Vader's home planet with his old Master Obi-Wan (Who was the ONLY other person preset at the time his wife died. And to boot, the kid's last name is Skywalker.

So in answer to your question, he knew Luke was his son because his name is Darth Vader, and not Darth Retard.

-Forum post on why Vader knew Luke was his son.
jokemaster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-27-2005, 09:09 PM   #363
Flamehart
The Commander

Craig joined the others on the ship. He had been rather startled by Caitlin's behaviour in the cavern, and when they had mentioned his red-eye trick possibly being disturbing he had stopped it immediately. As he looked at her now, he noticed she seemed quite a bit more calm. He looked at her curiously, "You going to be okay?" He asked her in a sincere, concerned tone. He took off his cloak and offered it to her, considering she had been shaking and shivering quite profusely earlier when they were still in the damp cavern. Suddenly, there was a beeping noise and Craig reached his hand into his pocket. "That's odd..." he said to himself, pulling out a small device. "Looks like someone found something that belongs to me..." he thought. He put the device away and looked at the group. "It's nothing," he said with a straight face, deciding to keep quiet about it for now. Someone had stumbled across his old journal disk, he realized, because the signal his datapad was showing was coming from Korriban. He looked at the others, "Let's go to the Watchtower then."

Check out my fictional novel writing project, Immortal Judgement, at my dA page.
http://shadowwolf471.deviantart.com
Flamehart is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-27-2005, 09:33 PM   #364
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Riebe said nothing for a moment. "Do you have any suggestions?"

----------------

Caitlin accepted the cloak gratefully and nodded. "I'm better now."

She watched quietly as Nadira and Erica started bickering about who would be piloting and a small smile reached her face. With a little sigh, she stood and moved forward to do the piloting herself. She plugged in the coordinates that she had often heard Riebe mutter in her sleep and engaged the hyperdrive.

Mom tells me I need brain food... but if writing ain't that, I don't know what is!

My work in progress:

Old 09-27-2005, 09:43 PM   #365
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
"We could wait for the others" Suggested Roma.

Vader's wife was very pregnant when she died 19 years ago. All of a sudden a 19 year old who is very strong in the force and has a distinct resembalance to him in his younger days rolls in from Vader's home planet with his old Master Obi-Wan (Who was the ONLY other person preset at the time his wife died. And to boot, the kid's last name is Skywalker.

So in answer to your question, he knew Luke was his son because his name is Darth Vader, and not Darth Retard.

Old 09-27-2005, 09:46 PM   #366
Flamehart
The Commander

Craig nodded Craig walked forward and gently seperated the two arguing ladies and asked them to take a seat. He stood casually behind the cockpit for a moment, making sure Caitlin was doing alright piloting, then sat down with the rest. He put one hand on his forehead and closed his eyes, letting his mind drift until they arrived.

Check out my fictional novel writing project, Immortal Judgement, at my dA page.
Old 09-27-2005, 10:09 PM   #367
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"Others?" Riebe wondered. "As in the people you were following until ArC brought you to me?" She shook her head. "They aren't coming here..."

--------------------

Erica and Nadira took charge in the cockpit, ordering Caitlin to get some rest. She sighed and thanked them before heading to the nearest bed she could find.

(Time skip)

"Out we come," Nadira chirped as Erica brought the ship out of hyperspace. Caitlin stepped into the cockpit and joined the other two as they stared at the planet ahead of them. Erica frowned.

"That's not the Watchtower," she said slowly.

"Where are we?" Nadira wondered. Caitlin let out an astonished gasp.

"It's Korriban," she whispered. She checked the coordinates she put in the computer and shook her head. "I must have been a little more shaken than I thought... those are definitely Korriban's coordinates."

"Now that you're more alert, do you want to adjust course?" Nadira asked. Caitlin did not answer. She turned to Craig, who had just entered the cockpit. "She's here..."

"What?" Erica demanded. Caitlin was obviously astonished.

"Do you feel her, Craig?" she asked quietly. "Riebe is here..."

She leaned heavily against the nearest wall to prevent herself from collapsing.

My work in progress:

Old 09-27-2005, 10:15 PM   #368
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
"We can't do this with three people." Said Martins quietly. Your powers will be void down there.

Old 09-27-2005, 10:30 PM   #369
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"So what do you suggest?" Riebe snapped. "To let him die there?"

She sighed. "I can't sit here and do nothing. I thought he was dead once... now that he's alive, how can I let him die again?"

My work in progress:

Old 09-27-2005, 10:34 PM   #370
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
"They're not gonna kill him. Not until they finish excavating or whatever they're doing there." Said Martins.

Old 09-27-2005, 11:07 PM   #371
Flamehart
The Commander

Craig moved over and helped support Caitlin, and looked to the other two. "I feel it. She's here. Caitlin did not punch those coordinates in accidently. The Force brought us here for a reason." He looked out the cockpit window. He could see the location they were headed to and his face seemed pale. "That...is where we will find Riebe." He pointed at the planetary map where a Sith Temple was. Near the sith temple they could see a parked ship, and a bit away, Craig pointed out a much larger crash site, "That's where I made a less than smooth landing with my old ship. There's another ship here." He pointed to the parked ship. "There's a chance that could be Riebe. Does that ship look familiar to you?" He asked the other two. "As for the Sith temple," he continued, "there's a high possibility they're in there. I stumbled in there after a Sith ambush over Coruscant, where I had been reported dead when I sent the message to the Coruscant authorities asking them to report it that way, hoping it would throw them off track. Upon arriving in the temple, I tried to hide. The Sith were smarter, had beat me there, and ambushed me. I was lucky to survive, and I lost my cape and personal journal log I kept. I don't keep one anymore, because I don't think leaving that kind of information behind about myself is that safe."

Last edited by Flamehart; 09-27-2005 at 11:24 PM.
Old 09-27-2005, 11:30 PM   #372
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"Then, I must return to the Watchtower," Riebe announced. "By now, the others should have arrived."

She spun to leave the temple.

-----------------------

Caitlin was barely breathing as she stared at the surface of Korriban. "Here is a place I had not intended on ever visiting again," she said quietly. She turned and left the cockpit. For several minutes, she wandered around the ship, but her wanderings were directed to a sealed cargo bin and the pounding inside.

"Hello, Alyssa," she said quietly as she opened the bin. The girl scrambled out and fell in a heap at Caitlin's feet.

"I'm not going back to Master Skywalker," she said. Caitlin smiled as the girl's attempt at defiance failed, sounding more like fear and pain than anything else.

"Of course you're not," Caitlin answered. A look of partial relief crossed Alyssa's face, but it vanished when Caitlin continued. "We're over Korriban now, looking for my former master."

"What would your master be doing on Korriban?" Alyssa asked, awestruck and fearful.

"That's what I'd like to know," Caitlyn answered sympathetically. She turned to go back toward the cockpit, but on second thought faced Alyssa again. "You've made a lightsaber, right?"

"I carry my father's and one I made," Alyssa answered. Her face showed her confusion. "Why?"

"You'll need them," Caitlin answered. "We're going to the surface."

She made her way back to the cockpit, a rather frightened Alyssa Renolin trailing her.

"We're what?"

My work in progress:

Old 09-27-2005, 11:48 PM   #373
Flamehart
The Commander

Craig was standing in the hallway outside the cockpit, looking like he was prepping himself for the task ahead. He was securing his gun holsters and making sure his sword and lightsaber were ready, when he turned and saw Caitlin and Alyssa walking back. "Hello ladies." He said, he looked at Alyssa. "You must be the one Skywalker spoke of." He said, and noticed the fear on her face, "Fear not. I sense quite a bit of talent in you, and I'll make sure we all get through this okay." He said reassuringly, then offered his hand to Alyssa, introducing himself, "Strider Flamehart, or you can call me Craig, that's what the others here have come to know me by."

Old 09-28-2005, 10:40 AM   #374
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Alyssa's eyes widened and her jaw dropped. Her fear was gone, replaced by complete and utter astonishment. Then, she laughed.

"Flamehart died a long time ago," she said. "Nice try, though."

My work in progress:

Old 09-28-2005, 12:19 PM   #375
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
Martins and Roma followed Riebe. They went back to the temple entrance and got on the speeder bikes.

Old 09-28-2005, 12:43 PM   #376
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Before Craig could defend his identity, Erica rushed out of the cockpit.

"We found a ship," she said. "It's not Riebe's..."

"Land by it," Caitlin instructed. "Then we'll search for her on foot. I know she's here."

-------------------

Riebe and co. returned to the ship and arrived just in time to see the other ship landing.

"What?" Riebe muttered, slightly startled by the arrival of another ship. Then she realized who was on board and laughed.

"We don't have to go anywhere," she said. "That's them."

My work in progress:

Old 09-28-2005, 12:47 PM   #377
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
"I thought you said they weren't coming here." said Martins.

Old 09-28-2005, 01:06 PM   #378
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"They weren't," Riebe answered. "I specifically directed them to Gerv..."

------------------

Caitlin eagerly left the ship when she saw the speeder bikes approaching. When she saw Riebe, her eagerness was multiplied.

"Riebe!" she called. The two women closed the distance between them rapidly. Riebe pulled out of the embrace first and observed Caitlin's companions.

"I see you've brought your apprentices with you," she said. "Erica, Nadira, a pleasure to see you both again." Her eyes fell on Alyssa. "Not seen you before... let me introduce myself. I'm Riebe Sothe."

"Nice to meet you," Alyssa said. "My name's Alyssa Renolin."

Riebe's ears perked up at the name. "Renolin? Any relation of... oh, let me think... Jisem and Gina?"

Alyssa flinched. "They were my parents," she said quietly. Riebe said nothing for a moment.

"I'm terribly sorry," she said softly. "Your parents were good people, amazing Jedi."

"Thank you," Alyssa said. Riebe nodded and turned to Craig. Recognition was followed by a mixture of other emotions. She reached out and slapped him.

"You know," she said, "I should give you more than that. What posessed you to keep so hidden?" Her anger was coming out now. "How many times do you have to die before you're content?" She sighed, forcing herself to calm down. "So... what name are you going by in this century?"

My work in progress:

Old 09-28-2005, 01:09 PM   #379
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
"C'mon, we need to go." Said Roma impatiently

Old 09-28-2005, 01:14 PM   #380
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"Right," Riebe agreed. She looked at Craig. "Explain yourself later. We have to help Jack."

"Who's Jack?" Caitlin wondered. Riebe smiled slightly.

"Jokemaster."

My work in progress:

Old 09-28-2005, 01:42 PM   #381
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
"Get on the speederbikes." Said Roma.

Old 09-28-2005, 02:04 PM   #382
Curt-Man
Swoop?

"whoa whoa, i'm happy you guys found your missing jedi, but finding another one was not in my job description."

Curt-Man is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-28-2005, 03:07 PM   #383
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"Take it easy," Riebe said, glancing back at Curt. "He's already found... we just have to free him. Please. We could use all the help we can get."

My work in progress:

Old 09-28-2005, 05:01 PM   #384
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
Roma was angry.
"I couldn't give less about your job description, you're helping us!"

Old 09-28-2005, 07:05 PM   #385
Flamehart
The Commander

Craig could only smile even after being slapped. He answered her with, "I still go by Craig," then continued, "As for you should doing more, yes you should, and I apologize for the pain I've caused." He finished with the upmost sincerity.

Craig didn't waste any time, and immediately got on one of the speeders. He looked over his shoulder at Curt and said, "Hey Curt, think of it this way. We've led you this far and you so far haven't been decapitated, incapacitated, or life threateningly injured, and you've helped us quite a bit where we lack the ability. We aren't going to stop fighting alongside of you just because our initial mission is over."

Old 09-29-2005, 11:05 PM   #386
Curt-Man
Swoop?

"You may not be a mercenary anymore Craig, but I am, I took this mission because my next job isn't for a while, well it wasn't when i took the job, so I got other business to take care of. Hope you all find your friend and have a lovely little tea party." Curt said angrily and then walked off. He started for the shuttle port. He got there and almost bought a ticket.
"bloody conscience.." Curt muttered then turned and ran back.

((don't like say you see me coming in the next post, wait a bit ))

Old 09-29-2005, 11:08 PM   #387
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Caitlin sighed angrily. "Crazy mercenaries."

"We can worry about anger later," Riebe said urgently. "Jack needs our help!"

She got on her bike and sped off, knowing the others would follow.

My work in progress:

Old 09-29-2005, 11:15 PM   #388
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
The others sped off. Martins, being a mercenary, sighed, took out an older more beaten-up speeder from his ship and left it with a datapad that said:
Kid, knew you'd come back. Take this one
-Martins

Old 09-29-2005, 11:38 PM   #389
Flamehart
The Commander

Craig sped up next to Riebe, and on the way, he explained about getting ambushed, among some other things that occured while he was there, "...They weren't as much of a challenge," he went on, "They caught me off guard, but once I got into it, I was able to defend myself until I could make clear breakaway. I didn't have the maneuverability I needed to beat them, and I was pretty shaken up from a poor emergency landing... I managed to escape and get my ship airborne, and that's when I left the borders of known space, into the Unknown Region..." he trailed off, letting it sink in, "Yes, the very same that Revan disappeared to and the one of his disciples from the Jedi Civil War followed Revan to. I'm the only one that I'm aware of that has returned from that region to talk about it."

He looked over at Riebe again, putting on a joking grin, "As to your question..I'll escape death enough times to set a record that will take people years on end to beat, like my blindfold test records" he chuckled a bit. "I'm thinking of taking up my old name, from back when I was a Jedi." His tone indicated he was serious as he continued, "Skywalker even said he'd allow my redemption and I could return to the Order if I felt like it. I mean, I've never been the total 100% righteous guy, but I've never taken a job that hasn't helped the greater good of the galaxy."

Old 09-30-2005, 10:33 AM   #390
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Riebe nodded, but it was clear her mind was on other things. Suddenly, she asked, "Did you know Jack was alive?"

My work in progress:

Old 09-30-2005, 12:07 PM   #391
Curt-Man
Swoop?

"Where ya headed Curt?" said a familiar voice. Curt stopped and turned around, it was the one he'd been fearing.
"Piss off Andrew, I got bigger fish to fry."
"No, you die right now, right here."
"Your on."
"No guns."
"Done." Curt said he took out a hilt, then pressed a button and an extandable blade came out.
"You still got that relic?"
"Do I ever." Curt said as he lunged at Andrew and they engaged in combat.

Old 09-30-2005, 05:58 PM   #392
Flamehart
The Commander

Craig shrugged, then responded, "I didn't think he was dead to begin with. He is the Jokemaster of course. I didnt think a bunch of Sith could kill him. I heard he was dead but I didn't put much thought into it. After all, I myself have been declared dead on many occasions, but I'm still here."

Old 09-30-2005, 10:38 PM   #393
Curt-Man
Swoop?

Curt was clearly losing as Andrew pressed forward. Then a memory appeard to Curt. It was of Andrew and Curt's girlfriend, they were kissing and they weren't hiding, they were out in the open, both even glanced at him a few times. Curt started to cry and then ran, he could hear them laughing at him. Curt was back in the fight, and he pressed forward with renewed energy and rage. Slicing and blocking in rapid succession, he was not marksman, he now remembered who he truely was, The Black Blade. Curt threw the sword from Andrews hands and curt chopped him to the ground and after Curt had made a bloody mess of Andrew, he stopped. He was breathing heavily, he took out his pistols including the revolver, and whipped it into a fountain.
"I am back." Curt whispered and smiled.

Curt ran to the nearest clothing market and bought pure black clothes. Black pants, black tanktop, black full sleeve t-shirt, black shoes and a black cloak. Then he ran as fast as he could to where he had left the group.

They were no longer there, but there was a datapd on a speederbike. It read: Kid, knew you'd come back. Take this one. Curt took it and sped off towards the others.

Old 10-02-2005, 11:30 PM   #394
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"I find it somewhat discouraging that two of my closest friends lived through all that we faced and didn't think to come to me," Riebe grumbled.

"Would they know where you were?" Caitlin asked quietly. "If you told me truthfully, you went into hiding after your own faked death."

Riebe said nothing. Soon, they reached the temple and Riebe got off her bike.

"He's in here somewhere," she said. "Martins has seen a map of the place." She turned to him. "Is your memory any good? Lead us in."

"Hold on a second," Alyssa interrupted. "We're going into a place that's heavily guarded? There's only..." she paused for a moment, counting, "... nine of us. Do we have some kind of battle plan or are we just going to barge in to our deaths?"

"Are you afraid?" Riebe asked, turning to face Alyssa. The girl shrugged.

"Not really," she answered with a frown. Riebe took a step closer.

"Ysalimiri," she said. Alyssa nodded.

"Killable," she answered. Riebe took another step closer.

"But they'll inhibit your abilities," she objected.

"Only as long as they live," Alyssa answered. Riebe took one more step, putting her nose to nose with Alyssa.

"Potential traps," she whispered. Alyssa was barely breathing.

"Avoidable," she whispered back. Riebe suddenly pulled back.

"You've got nothing to loose then?" she asked.

"Nothing I'm unwilling to part with," Alyssa grinned.

"You remind me of somebody," Riebe told her.

"Who's that?" Alyssa asked. Riebe chuckled.

"Me." With that, she entered the temple. Alyssa was close behind.

My work in progress:

Old 10-03-2005, 11:48 AM   #395
Curt-Man
Swoop?

Curt had kicked it into high gear pushing the bike to go as fast as possible. when he saw the temple ahead he knew that where they went. He slowed down and parked his bike beside all of the others, he assumed they had gone inside. He snuk in after them.

Old 10-03-2005, 05:36 PM   #396
Flamehart
The Commander

Craig followed behind, "I'd wondered about you during my times in the Unknown Region. You never asked so I never mentioned it," said Craig simply. He walked next to Riebe and looked at the rest of the group, "As for the Ysalimiri, don't worry about them. Since I don't rely on the Force completely, I'll be able to take them down with my pistol from a range," he offered, then continued, "Either that, or we can leave them there for a bit, after all I would assume they effect his capturers as well, unless they're wearing something that may null the effect."

Old 10-03-2005, 07:25 PM   #397
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
Martins pulled out a large automatic blaster from his speederbike and nodded at the others.
"Everyone ready?"

Old 10-03-2005, 08:12 PM   #398
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"Let's go," Riebe said. She led the way deeper into the tomb until they came to a door unlike any of the others.

"I'd be willing to bet they're keeping him in there somewhere," Alyssa said quietly. Riebe nodded.

"Then that's where we're going," she said. Before they could do anything, the door slid open.

"Welcome, Sith Hunters and companions!" a man on the other side said. "Come in, please. You've been expected."

My work in progress:

Old 10-03-2005, 08:19 PM   #399
Flamehart
The Commander

Craig's handgun was already drawn in his left hand, his lightsaber hilt held tightly in his right. He looked at the others around him, "It's a trap, be careful," his expression clearly stated, then turned to look back at the man. Something wasn't right. Years of experience told him that although despite each of their skills, this just wasn't going to go as smoothly as they had originally anticipated.

Old 10-03-2005, 10:03 PM   #400
Curt-Man
Swoop?

Curt had the group in sight, but barely, but that was ok, he could still follow them. For some reason he didn't want to show himself to the group, he didn't know why he just felt he didn't need to a the moment. He saw them at a door, and the door opened, they were all battle ready as the entered. Curt snuk right up close to the door frame as the door didn't shut. He just hid there, listening and waiting...but for what?

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Community > Star Wars Roleplaying > The Hunt for the Sith Hunter