lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: What do you NOT want in KOTOR III?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-16-2005, 05:50 AM   #81
Darth InSidious
A handful of dust.

Current Game: KotOR II
Things I DONT want:
New PC
New storyline
New droids
G0-T0 - there is only one evil droid. I only want to see him if he's been rerogrammed as a tea-serving wench-droid.
Nar Shadaa
The Handmaiden,The Disciple, Kreia, Bao-Dur, Atris, crappy sith lords, or Hanharr.
A dead planet.
NPC's with bugger all dialogue - bring back the rich diversity of K1!
Stuff being cut left right and centre
Bad storyline, full of "themes"...
almost no cantina's - I want one on almost every planet! Pazaak, juma and swoop racing for all!
All the "The Jedi are dying" crap.

Works-In-Progress
~
Mods Released
~
Quid existis in desertum videre?
Darth InSidious is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-16-2005, 06:12 AM   #82
montnoir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth InSidious
Things I DONT want:
This annoyed me greatly in TSL. What made K1 so cool was that, the jedi were at their prime, they had a working organisation and they were MANY! You could talk to many different Jedi to get their view on the Force or on life or just ask for advice or help them with some quest or get trained. You got a feeling of being part of the Order. In TSL you get jack-sh*t! There are no other Jedi, you are the last one, you are so badarse that you are the last one and you will rebuild the jedi because you are so badarse.

I do NOT want an uberl33t jedi who RoxX0rZ teh big!11!1111! because he is teh only 1 jedi left!

I want the Jedi Order restored so we can interact with it, to see how it works, to get a feel for how it is to be a jedi. That's what role-playing game's are about. It would be nice if you start off as a padawan and the training level is at a Temple, you make it through the training and you get a cool cut-scene of the ceremony where you are made a knight. The rest is epic.

in vino veritas
montnoir is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-16-2005, 08:56 AM   #83
vanir
Forumite

That dumb looking Ebon Hawk. I mean if it didn't look like an alien sex toy I could cope...

Drop that stupid thing. I was so hoping we'd get a different ship in TSL, it killed me it got rebuilt at Peragus. I thought, "ripper, the Ebon Hawk's wrecked!" at the prologue, "now I'll get a different ship."
Then you're stuck with it leaving.

The one thing I do not want to see in KotOR 3 is the Ebon Hawk, unless it's being blown up and replaced by something that doesn't look like a stapler stuck to a folded paper plate.
vanir is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-16-2005, 10:13 AM   #84
fresnosmokey02
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by montnoir
This annoyed me greatly in TSL. What made K1 so cool was that, the jedi were at their prime, they had a working organisation and they were MANY! You could talk to many different Jedi to get their view on the Force or on life or just ask for advice or help them with some quest or get trained. You got a feeling of being part of the Order. In TSL you get jack-sh*t! There are no other Jedi, you are the last one, you are so badarse that you are the last one and you will rebuild the jedi because you are so badarse.

I do NOT want an uberl33t jedi who RoxX0rZ teh big!11!1111! because he is teh only 1 jedi left!

I want the Jedi Order restored so we can interact with it, to see how it works, to get a feel for how it is to be a jedi. That's what role-playing game's are about. It would be nice if you start off as a padawan and the training level is at a Temple, you make it through the training and you get a cool cut-scene of the ceremony where you are made a knight. The rest is epic.

That sounds great. Perhaps on the flipside, if we chose to play darkside, we could see the same sort of thing at a sith academy/dark jedi order.
fresnosmokey02 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-16-2005, 10:19 AM   #85
fresnosmokey02
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanir
That dumb looking Ebon Hawk. I mean if it didn't look like an alien sex toy I could cope...

Drop that stupid thing. I was so hoping we'd get a different ship in TSL, it killed me it got rebuilt at Peragus. I thought, "ripper, the Ebon Hawk's wrecked!" at the prologue, "now I'll get a different ship."
Then you're stuck with it leaving.

The one thing I do not want to see in KotOR 3 is the Ebon Hawk, unless it's being blown up and replaced by something that doesn't look like a stapler stuck to a folded paper plate.
There's nothing wrong with the Hawk. I suspect that it might be back because many people do like it. Plus it has the added benefit of not having to have a new design/progamming team or the time it would take to do it. Another benefit it has is the ability to carry your whole team. I personally wouldn't mind a new ship. It would make sense to have a new one, considering that the Hawk took Exile to the outer rim. But I will say that any unneccesary thing that pushes back any projected release date (even though one hasn't been announced as of yet), I am against.
Old 09-16-2005, 10:38 AM   #86
Prime
Super Dimension Fortress

Current Game: Skyrim
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
I love the Ebon Hawk. Personally, I hope it is back for K3. Each to their own I guess...

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-16-2005, 11:10 AM   #87
Alora Vinolo
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth333
I really don't want a storyline full of plot holes and dialogues that repeat indefinitely.
Yep, in fact it is all that matters, isnt it?

I think i will not play (at, to ?) any more LA game without insurance of having a finished game
Alora Vinolo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-16-2005, 12:12 PM   #88
Darth Covetous
Rookie

^ call Geico, I think they sell unfinished game insurance
Darth Covetous is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-16-2005, 12:55 PM   #89
fresnosmokey02
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Covetous
^ call Geico, I think they sell unfinished game insurance
That would turn your PC into a gecko.
Old 09-16-2005, 03:38 PM   #90
Darth Covetous
Rookie

Wombats.

I don't want Wombats in KOTOR 3
Darth Covetous is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-16-2005, 06:44 PM   #91
sith_master2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Covetous
Wombats.

I don't want Wombats in KOTOR 3
Say What?
Quote:
Things I DONT want:
New storyline
Do you mean that you want KotOR III to start from where KotOR II left off and have the story continue as either Revan or the Exile?

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion I gain strength,
Through strength I gain power,
Through power I gain victory,
Through victory my chains are broken,
The force shall free me...
sith_master2000 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-16-2005, 09:17 PM   #92
Soogz
Forumite

Current Game: Fifa 09
Quote:
Things I DONT want:
New PC
New storyline
New droids
G0-T0 - there is only one evil droid. I only want to see him if he's been rerogrammed as a tea-serving wench-droid.
Nar Shadaa
The Handmaiden,The Disciple, Kreia, Bao-Dur, Atris, crappy sith lords, or Hanharr.
A dead planet.
NPC's with bugger all dialogue - bring back the rich diversity of K1!
Stuff being cut left right and centre
Bad storyline, full of "themes"...
almost no cantina's - I want one on almost every planet! Pazaak, juma and swoop racing for all!

WORD. Although I would like some small cameos.

Soogz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-16-2005, 11:23 PM   #93
Macebindu
Rookie

Carth is very annoying he must go! also the ebon hawk must be shaped like a tomato YES a tomato!(I like ketchup)
Macebindu is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-16-2005, 11:36 PM   #94
90SK

Meh, ketchup is sub-par.

Anyway, I'd love to see Carth again. I too hope he dies, but for different reasons. We don't see enough main-character deaths in the other two. Other than that:

1. New PC
2. Ebon Hawk (I mean, I don't care if we see it or not, but I want a new ship.)
3. Villain death by lightsaber (ok, every single KotOR villain goes down in combat. Every one. It's getting awfully dull. Can't we have a Sith Lord in a fighter, and you have too shoot him down? That would be so cool. Or something like that.)

90SK is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-17-2005, 01:12 AM   #95
jblue789
Rookie

spoiler:
Well, Kreia, in the LS ending, kinda trips on her own. :P

jblue789 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-17-2005, 05:59 AM   #96
Vibro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime
I love the Ebon Hawk. Personally, I hope it is back for K3. Each to their own I guess...
I like it to but if they decide not to go with the Revan and Exile story then they will have to get rid of it.
Vibro is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-17-2005, 08:44 AM   #97
lukeiamyourdad
Using Teletraan I

LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibro
I like it to but if they decide not to go with the Revan and Exile story then they will have to get rid of it.
And with TSL's ending the probability of them making such a decision is?

http://www.marioramos.ca/ -A friend of mine and an aspiring filmmaker.
lukeiamyourdad is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-17-2005, 01:34 PM   #98
CarnageIKU
Rookie

I would like to see a full and complete game. for me tsl was made to fast and didnt play well to me.

things i want to see
a good betrayal, possibly one of your allies is a spy(not like Kreia).
interesting characters, most likely a love triangle.
Huge choice of characters, possibly the ability to leave one for another.
corusant(battle ravaged possibly)

things i dont want to see
weak characters
weak story plot
dantooine

btw i hold no love for t3 m4, but hk47 is cool
CarnageIKU is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-20-2005, 06:05 PM   #99
sith_master2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeiamyourdad
And with TSL's ending the probability of them making such a decision is?
KotOR II had an ending? Wow I thought my game stopped working .

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion I gain strength,
Through strength I gain power,
Through power I gain victory,
Through victory my chains are broken,
The force shall free me...

Last edited by sith_master2000; 09-23-2005 at 06:57 PM.
sith_master2000 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-21-2005, 11:09 AM   #100
RobQel-Droma
Blah

Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Ok, here is what I don't want.

Waiting for a long long time to get either your lightsaber or your force powers.
No more droids except for HK-47 and T3-M3.

Quote:

Drop that stupid thing. I was so hoping we'd get a different ship in TSL, it killed me it got rebuilt at Peragus. I thought, "ripper, the Ebon Hawk's wrecked!" at...
BLASPHEMY!!! The Ebon Hawk is the Millenium Falcon of KOTOR, I do not want to see some stupid sith ship that goes about as fast as if somebody had gotten out and was pushing it like people have suggested!!! (I stop as my house is shattered by the power of my force scream)

Well, sorry....anyways, as i was saying,
I do not want to see areas that look exactly like some places in the first and second KOTOR.
A terrible storyline that feels like the game is some sort of weird expansion pack.
Revan and the Exile showing up wearing hoods and masks with no face, no alignment, and no gender. There better be some way we choose what they look like.
RobQel-Droma is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-23-2005, 08:58 AM   #101
TheGreenGoblin

^^^

Yeah I'd love to see the Ebon Hawk one last time, but I'd also like to see it finally destroyed at the end of KoTOR III.
TheGreenGoblin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-23-2005, 09:55 AM   #102
Aurora Merlow

things i don't want;
1. new PC and new story (finish 1 and 2's)
2. boring pointless quests and planets like Korriban (dantooine good in kotor bad in tsl)
3. GO TO, Visas, and an annoying meddling so called mentor i.e. kreia
4. soooooooo long to get a lightsabre
5. amnesia

AND THE MOST IMPORTANT
6. AN UNFINISHED GAME!!!!!!
Aurora Merlow is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-23-2005, 12:51 PM   #103
Darth InSidious
A handful of dust.

Current Game: KotOR II
I meant by my comment I DO NOT want a brand new new story with nothing to do with Revan and the Exile. I want to find out what happened to them, and I want to play doing that. I also don't want emotionally FUBAR'd Wookiees, emotionally damaged street urchins, getting involved in civil wars in which you are in ONE area all the time, and I do NOT want some uber-uber-uber-takes-itself-seriously plot.

Works-In-Progress
~
Mods Released
~
Quid existis in desertum videre?
Darth InSidious is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-14-2005, 06:22 PM   #104
Rok_stoned

Current Game: Life.
Quote:
an over used rhetoric indeed.

what i don't want is the ebon hawk

Rok_stoned is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-15-2005, 05:09 PM   #105
chaleur
Rookie

Location: Vancouver, BC (home) Calgary, AB (school) San Francisco, CA (work)
Quote:
I was wondering if you might consider making such a model, snapping a picture of it, and posting a link to it or something? That's the funniest thing I've read all day, and I'd love to see it.

--
KotOR ICON CREDITS: Some people have talent. The rest of us steal stuff.
chaleur is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-16-2005, 04:17 PM   #106
MrVorlon
Rookie

No love triangles. Ever!
MrVorlon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-17-2005, 12:14 AM   #107
Kain
I'm a ghost

Current Game: Not so much.
Forum Veteran 10 year veteran! 
The Ebon Hawk(I'm so set against that )
Kain is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-17-2005, 12:31 AM   #108
RobQel-Droma
Blah

^^^^
You definitely are. I don't think there has been one discussion about KIII that you didn't say that you didn't want the EH. d

Anyways, one of the things I would LIKE to see is swoop racing as in actually racing against other people like in that SW podracer game. That and more planets/stations like Yavin IV in KI, where you just buy cool items and it is not directly tied into the storyline.
Old 10-17-2005, 02:17 AM   #109
Kain
I'm a ghost

Current Game: Not so much.
Forum Veteran 10 year veteran! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVorlon
No love triangles. Ever!
I think this guy just hit the friggin jackpot on ideas. Visas and Handmaiden could both suck a broom before they could...uh...right well.

Well, besides the Ebon Hawk, I'd really really really hate to see some mysterious past BS like we've had twice in a friggin row.
Kain is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-17-2005, 07:51 PM   #110
SW1
Rookie

hey for the stuff about wanting to see yavin 4... was yavin 4 even discovered yet back then? besides by exar kun... the sith lord who brought the massassi there. his name is on the tip of my tongue... damnit. but you know who i'm talking about. i don't think the republic has been to yavin yet...
but for sure tehre's no academy there... that only happened after the fall of the empire
SW1 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-17-2005, 08:08 PM   #111
fresnosmokey02
Rookie

The Republic had to have known about Yavin IV. The Jedi brought a whole armada there to destroy Exar Kun. And besides, wasn't that space station that you visit built by the Republic? If they built it they had to know it was there.
Old 10-18-2005, 12:16 AM   #112
RobQel-Droma
Blah

Hey SW1, if you are talking about me, then I did not say that I wanted to see Yavin, I said I wanted to see places LIKE Yavin STATION. And yes, the Republic knew, there was a space station there and the Jedi brought an armada there like fresnosmokey said.

I you are not talking to me, then nevermind about the first thing, just yes- the republic did know .
Old 10-18-2005, 10:48 AM   #113
MrVorlon
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain
I think this guy just hit the friggin jackpot on ideas. Visas and Handmaiden could both suck a broom before they could...uh...right well.
Yes! Two of us against the "love triangle." Ugh! It seemed so hokey for Star Wars. Visas and the Handmaiden fighting over you. Or *shudder* Disciple and Atton fighting over you.

As soon as I realized they were jealous of each other over me, I was like "Damn." Did we even get to pick one? I mean in order to make Handmaiden a Jedi I have to two-time Visas. How can I be light-side if I'm a cheater? Least Revan was a one woman man.

Anyway, to keep on topic. Something else I don't want to see are missions that can't end. But since that's a tech problem, I'll leave it out.

Gameplay wise, I don't want to see any of the environments from either game. I don't mind going to the same planet. But I don't like going through the same or similar pathways. For example Dantooine. In K2 it was not the same as in K1, but it was all too familiar.
MrVorlon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-19-2005, 12:36 AM   #114
Rok_stoned

Current Game: Life.
Quote:
hey for the stuff about wanting to see yavin 4... was yavin 4 even discovered yet back then?

yes.

Rok_stoned is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-29-2005, 07:23 AM   #115
Myster
Rookie

Things i dont want to see:

- Keria - I want somone who is you teacher to be lightside and preferably male like old ben.
- Dao-Bar - well i may not mind a Zabrak(i think his race is zabrak. right?) but not one with that anoying quiet voice and a slimer one like darth maul.
- Wookies with life depts
- Ithorians - ive never been a fan of this race
- A bad story
- Weak lightsabers - sabers should be WAY more powerfull and less of them in the game but you should have one in the game but you shouldent be able to get 20 or so sabers like i have but maby thats becuase i have hacked mechants.
- Badly made sithlords like sion and the other guy from K2.
- Limited party member selection - i mean like id like to see heaps of differant people in my party, main ones stay ofcource but some the leave and join at various points.

Things I'd like to see:

- A party member that fells the force but isnt DS nor LS and doesnt know he/she is even intouch with it. its just normal for them.
-If you turn a party member to DS maby they turn on you and your party and twist them against you without you known and this could be shown in cutsceens like they have in K2 when they are talking about you.
- at the start you can eather become a sith or a jedi but training under one at a Sith our jedi academy and its you choce where to study.
- more suttle racism throughout the story.
- once you finish the game the Kotor series is raped up ( assuming 3 is the last )
- The Ebon Hawk's previous owner has modded it - added some sweet rims. jks. yea so the ebon hawk have kinda like changed.... heres a crazy idea you find out the ebon hawk is the M Falcon. ( i dont know the Falcons history so dont flame me if that wouldent work )
- and finaly Links to the movies like how things evolved, characters ancestors
like maby Jaaba the Hutts and is a young yoda around at this time???? if not i finaly want yoda's race to be revealed

Last edited by Myster; 10-29-2005 at 08:07 AM.
Myster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-29-2005, 10:23 AM   #116
The Doctor
Retired

Current Game: Skyrim
Forum Veteran 
I'l tell you what I don't want to see:
spoiler:
Greedy, Lazy Dev's!!!
The Doctor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-29-2005, 12:02 PM   #117
Darth Serebus
Rookie

What I want-

Character choices, Im tired of being a human, how about an alien, imagine a Darth Maul type character.
Endor- because we need a cool Ewok, possibly force sensative
Jawa- a evil sinister JAWA that even tries to sell your ship when you land on some blackmarket type planet or space station.
An alternate ship we can fly with only 2 party members, Like a variation of an Xwing
MORE SPACE BATTLES
MORE PLANETS
MORE SIDE QUESTS FOR PARTY MEMBERS TO FURTHER DEVELOPE the characters
BAD ASS VILLIANS
Bring back the assasinators guilde

WHAT I DONT WANT--

No more Korriban or Dantooine
No wookies in party
no GO-TO
BAD AI
Darth Serebus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-29-2005, 01:33 PM   #118
RobQel-Droma
Blah

No Wookiees? Shame on you. We should have the choice at least.

The alien idea is intriging (sp) but we haven't done that, and I don't think they will in K3. Besides, it would add a whole nother variable to romance, or if there is a KotOR IV then it would mess up that.

I do want the Genoharadon back, they were one cool group. Could be a dangerous enemy. I think that Korriban should be in there, it is kind of a fixed planet. I hope they do some good on it, though, make it enjoyable and hard. As for Dantooine, I am suspicious that they might put it back, I don't really want it, there hasn't been much there to do.

I definitely want to be able to fly the Ebon Hawk. Oh, and Myster, I don't think it would work for the Ebon Hawk to morph into the MF. As I recall, they are two absolutely different types of ships, and the Ebon Hawk would probably be obselete even if it was upgraded. The MF was manafactured way past the time of the EH.
Old 10-29-2005, 07:43 PM   #119
Clone L68362
Forumite

I can't resist...must respond to people saying not Revan!

Revan
Level 1 Jedi Knight
Vitality 150
Force 100

Tee hee!! *Puts up flame shield*

My sig is stupid.
Clone L68362 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-29-2005, 08:08 PM   #120
FiEND_138

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor
I'l tell you what I don't want to see:
spoiler:
Greedy, Lazy Dev's!!!
Don't think thats possible with LA as the publisher....

FiEND_138 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > What do you NOT want in KOTOR III?