lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Combat
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-30-2005, 12:31 AM   #41
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Vlad, buddy if you think being called uneducated equates to "IGNORANT JERK" then you really have some growing up to do...

Also your so called rebuttals, once again fly off into the realms of personal fantasy, your answers tell me you have read nothing I have said, and you say nothing about the actual subject. Other than now attempting to make me out as a bad guy here. "That big bad RedHawke is being a big meanie, and is trying to smash poor Vlad's views of the way KOTOR 3 should be." WTF???

While I see you conceeded, I think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladimir-Vlada
Narrator : Debate won by RedHawkes Classic RPG Conglomerate...

*Everyone cheer, RedHawkes group: RedHawke, lukeiamyourdad and stingerhs high five each other and yell: "Who are the rulers?", the narrator also smiles... *

Narrator : Debate lost by Vladimir-Vlada's Progressive RPG/FPS/RTS Party...

*Everyone yells: "BOO!" and start throwing rocks at him, the narrator stares at him with hate... *

*Vladimir-Vlada approaches RedHawke, while all the Moderators and everyone else keeps booing him and throwing rocks at him... He doesn't pay attention to any of them and shakes hands with RedHawke... *

-I congratulate you on your victory RedHawke- said with a smile of respect.

*RedHawke removes his hand from Vladimir-Vlada's palm and looks at him with hate... *

-Beat it! You uneducated piece of S*IT!-
-Right... -

*Vladimir-Vlada leaves the room with his head bent down, while the others keep booing him and throwing rocks at him... *
Either way you really shouldn't get so worked up about this, after all it is only a game we are talking about here, and people with views differing from yours are not automatically an enemy. Peace!

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-30-2005, 01:38 AM   #42
Commas

Location: If you're going to San Francisco, Be sure to wear some flowers in your hair...
is ED displaying... compasion?? perhaps i've entered a strange parellel dimension where black is down and up is smurf--!

no, no wait, there was a kitten in my eye... please, carry-on

anyway, yeah, new animations, same system. i liked ED's idea of the fights being more cinematic, saber locks, moving characters. since all the combat technically happens in the background and what we are actually watching has absolutely no effect on what is happening i don't see why we can't make it look a little nicer. especially since (hopefully) there will be a graphic engine upgrade.

Zaphod Beeblebrox is my hero
DOWNLOAD THE STUFF I MADE!
Commas is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-30-2005, 05:29 AM   #43
ChAiNz.2da
Leave Everything to Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHawke
"That big bad RedHawke is being a big meanie..."
that should be your new custom title Red... you big bad poopy-head.. hehehe...

"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"

| Mods (FF) (DS) | Folding | SWK.com | FB: (LF) (Me) | Steam | The Herd |
ChAiNz.2da is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-30-2005, 06:01 AM   #44
TheOssusKeeper
Forumite

sooo funnny... i agree with chainz, shame on you RedHawke... jk...
Really, i'd like to see a more Jedi Academy style fight/combat system, where you can make your PC do the differ. types of stunts and saber styles... I really don't have much of an opinion about the rest of the game, as long as the story and gameplay stay about the same... I would like to see a more universal (updated) graphics engine also... actually, i'd like to see a little better story (more cohesive, better continuity) also...

Last edited by TheOssusKeeper; 08-30-2005 at 06:15 AM.
TheOssusKeeper is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-30-2005, 06:46 AM   #45
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

^^^^
*Picks up both ChAiNz and TOK and hurls them down a nearby main power shaft... hears their screams on the way down and sees the blue flash as the main reactor doesn't seem to agree with them...*

Ahh now I feel better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commas
is ED displaying... compasion??
I believe so...

*Looks quickly to see if this ED has a goatee...*

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
Old 08-30-2005, 07:05 AM   #46
ChAiNz.2da
Leave Everything to Me!

Quote:
*Picks up both ChAiNz and TOK and hurls them down a nearby main power shaft... hears their screams on the way down and sees the blue flash as the main reactor doesn't seem to agree with them...*

Ahh now I feel better!
LOL!

oh man, and I just did laundry... I'm never going to get these scorch marks out! hehehe...
----------------

Anywho... as far as the topic goes what was it again?.. oh yeah!
I'd personally like to keep the combat system the way it is.. I'm in it for the story, not button-mashing. Besides, my wrists can't handle it (damn carpel tunnels & minor arthritis) ...

BUT, I can agree with the others about seeing new animations, or even 'specific' animations depending on what style of combat and/or Forms a player decides to use. Yeah, I can hear the devs now cursing my name, but tough..

New animations not only would be super-sweet to have.. but it would satisfy (or at least curb) the 'heat' they took from including them with the Jedi Masters, but not the actual player...

Seems to me it might also act as an incentive to learn and perhaps even "use" the Forms included. My characters most often times now stay with "Jedi Support" and "Force Channel" all the time. New animations might make me sway to the new forms even if it were just for the "eyecandy" factor

"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"

| Mods (FF) (DS) | Folding | SWK.com | FB: (LF) (Me) | Steam | The Herd |
ChAiNz.2da is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-30-2005, 09:15 AM   #47
dryserg
Lurker

First of all - Red - I did`nt say the combat system was bad, but
the visuals.
next: I love RPGs and I dont think that it shold be some press- botton combo -moves game -- no!!!!
on contrary I think that the game should stick to some background running engine - no problem with that.

what needs to change its the lightsaber combat system and here I explain myself:

We all know, what defines a player on RPG: its the stats, level, and items.

I think for a starwars game there must be a NEW REVOLUTionary concept
which is --- FIGHTING STYLE -
just think of it - different schools of lightsaber fighting where you learn
along as the game progesses, moves you like and chose to adopt along the way, an all new tree of progress in your lightsaber mastery,
including speed, grace, fury..
all that as a part of creating an RPG character
I think it must be in 2006 RPG game now its time for it,
not just items and numbers - but developing unique combat style.
finaly its time for all thease things to be interconnected:
hi dexterity = athletic shape character formed
hi strength = bulkier character
hi stealth = the character moves are more descrete.
I mean stats change the way the charcter looks - moves - fights - even walks!
(the way we seen in light dark side transition) for every stat actual influence
on the visuals in the game, come on guys!!!
its 2006!!! look at the technology the time of diablo and NWN1 is over!!!
and i didnt say i wanted an FPS no! I want all new looking best graphic engine based best combat engine based RPG!
and forgive for my english.
dryserg is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-30-2005, 01:40 PM   #48
Vladimir-Vlada
Counselor Idealist

Quote:
Vlad, buddy if you think being called uneducated equates to "IGNORANT JERK" then you really have some growing up to do...
What?! What did I do? I just called myself like that. If this situation occured in my country, I would have recieved this title: "Ignorant Jerk". And yes, such situations occured many times.

Quote:
Also your so called rebuttals, once again fly off into the realms of personal fantasy, your answers tell me you have read nothing I have said, and you say nothing about the actual subject. Other than now attempting to make me out as a bad guy here. "That big bad RedHawke is being a big meanie, and is trying to smash poor Vlad's views of the way KOTOR 3 should be." WTF???
You think that I posted that to make you look like the bad guy?

HE HE! :gigle1: You people really need to lighten up a little. You're just taking what I said too seriously. Why, if I posted this on the Forums in my country, the users would be LAUGHING their a$$es off for a week. Then they would post coments like: "Get a life..." or "You just made my day!" or maybe even "If I encounter a less known comedian in the street, I'll know that's you." You are really taking that too seriously.

So if I insulted you, I apologise...

Now back on topic:

Quote:
As many others have said, keep the system, but make it more visually nice. It would be nice, if, for whenever you go into combat (or just some of the more important fights or something) it goes into a cinematic-type mode. I'm not talking about actual cinematics that you'll see in games, more like a movie-style camera moving. And the AI would react in ways so that the fights look like movie kinda fights. Of course, you'd still command what your characters do, and their fighting styles. Your characters and such would move in different ways, and, while moving, anyone that shoots or attacks them will obviously get a pretty big penalty to their attack.
Great idea.
Vladimir-Vlada is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-30-2005, 01:52 PM   #49
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Current Game: Ass Effect
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Quote:

I believe so...

*Looks quickly to see if this ED has a goatee...*
Displaying compassion? Not neccessarily. I've just noticed that when Vladimir loses debates he tends to go into self-inflicted bans. He has created many interesting threads in the past, and if he bans himself, he can't create more of them.

RedHawke, you're just a softie! You stated in one thread that you would choose the Light Side over the Dark Side in real life!

And no, I don't have a goatee.

Say I'm displaying compassion one more time and I'll send a hundred Sith Marauders to burn your home to the ground. You will live out your days on a torure rack in my flagship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
We will be great failures one day, you and I
Emperor Devon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-30-2005, 01:59 PM   #50
JediWatchman
Rookie

Quote:
All above should be controlled with both keyboard and mouse (Included jumpping).
Don't forget about XBOX users like me.

Christ's Jedi Code

There is no hate; there is love.
There is no ignorance; there is the Bible.
There is no "too late"; there is foregiveness.
There is no death; there is the Lord, our Savior.
Amen.
JediWatchman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-30-2005, 04:09 PM   #51
Commas

Location: If you're going to San Francisco, Be sure to wear some flowers in your hair...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Devon
Say I'm displaying compassion one more time and I'll send a hundred Sith Marauders to burn your home to the ground. You will live out your days on a torure rack in my flagship.
Now thats the ED we know and love

Old 08-30-2005, 04:56 PM   #52
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Current Game: Ass Effect
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Ach, I can do better.

Say I'm displaying compassion one more time and you'll regret it. I'll send a hundred Sith Marauders to burn your home to the ground and whip you till there's no more flesh on your back.
You will be brought to my flagship and will live out your days in eternal agony and despair. My torures will make you beg for death. Some of them include sticking hair-thin needles through your fingernails and ripping them off. Some include holding you over a reactor by your hair. One of the worst includes spending twenty days in a room with supershadow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
We will be great failures one day, you and I
Emperor Devon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-30-2005, 05:06 PM   #53
Joetheeskimo
Statusless

Current Game: KotOR
Although it will most likely never happen, I actually wish you could control your own moves, like in JA. You know, using the mouse button and side to side movement, etc.

Joetheeskimo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-30-2005, 06:00 PM   #54
THE MANDALORE
Rookie

^^^^

To be precise, the controls in JA rely heavily on targeting. You have to target the enemy by yourself otherwise you don't hit them. Plus, in JA, the rifles have ammo, so you have to find more when your ammo is depleted. I wouldn't want that in KOTOR since it would get tiring if you have to aim by your self and find more ammo.

"Mundiyan to Bach Ke"
- Best Punjabi Song of the Year
THE MANDALORE is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-30-2005, 08:05 PM   #55
Commas

one thing i'd kind of enjoy would be some new combat feats. i'm kind of bored of the three you get now (flurry, power attack and critical strike, not to mention their blaster related couterparts). Weapon Masters could really use some new combat feats, since a weapon master will rely more on his skills with a lightsaber than the force. (perhaps class specific? i know they already have some non combat feats like extra lightsaber mastery feats, but why not some more combat ones too, Jedi Masters get class specific force related feats, plus force powers). and more strategy needs to be involved in the use of combat feats. the way the game is now, the penalties involved in using a combat feat really dont make that much of a difference, since the character is so powerful. as a result, most people will choose one of the combat feats (usually flurry or critical strike) max it out and spam it the whole game. i know the game suggests using different feats against different types of enemies, but when you come right down to it, it doesnt make much of a difference what you use. In K3 it should make a difference.

i have one more idea regarding combat feats. now, i know what i'm about to say might get me lynched, but bear with me...

i think combos can work in kotor *ducks away from incoming projectiles*

ok, just hear me out! if you had a wider variety of combat feats to choose from, that each had different effects, and their usefulness varried depending on what kind of enemy you were fighting (or even when fighting multiple enemies at a time) instead of spamming critical strike over and over again, you could link certain feats in the que, say up to four feats, and when certain feats are linked in a certain order, it grants you a bonus, resulting in a more devastating move (with a cool animation to boot) you could even tie this into to saber forms. certain feats and combo moves could be more effective when using certain saber forms, for example juyo would use the most agressive feats with ease. you could develop your favorite forms more and become stronger in them. hell, you could even involve force powers (i'm sure lots of people already do this: stasis field and then lightsaber slash, or: slash with the saber, force push, force jump, saber slash.) but at the heart of it all, they would still be combat feats that were based on the D20 system (i.e. these combos would not work the same as, say mortal kombat, it would not be a combination of button presses, but a combination of feat choices)

let the stoning commence!

Old 08-30-2005, 08:14 PM   #56
jblue789
Rookie

Sticking to my cinematic battle idea, what would be nice (as I'm sure several have mentioned) is more emphasis on the different saber styles. For instance, Form III (Resilience, don't remember the Japanese name) should you attack them, instead of just showing you stabbing at them after being parried once or twice, it could be that the opponent attacks you, you parry and counterattack. Of course, this would only work in melee fights :P For fighting a blaster-wielder at close range, well, just reflect a shot back into his face >XD.

Also, it might be nice to have "levels" of each form. Like maybe three stages, the first being like just that you know it, second being that you practice it, and the third is mastery of the form. Of course, you'd probably only be allowed to master a few forms. Which would come from constantly using that form for a certain amount of levels or damage. Of course, Form I would probably be maxed out quite easily. <(.-.)>

jblue789 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-30-2005, 09:10 PM   #57
Soogz
Forumite

Current Game: Fifa 09
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOssusKeeper
sooo funnny... i agree with chainz, shame on you RedHawke... jk...
Really, i'd like to see a more Jedi Academy style fight/combat system, where you can make your PC do the differ. types of stunts and saber styles... I really don't have much of an opinion about the rest of the game, as long as the story and gameplay stay about the same... I would like to see a more universal (updated) graphics engine also... actually, i'd like to see a little better story (more cohesive, better continuity) also...

Then techinically your asking for an entirely different game. No offence. But, if there was a Jedi Academy fighting system, that would change the entire style of the RPG. Just saying anyway.

Soogz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-31-2005, 01:56 AM   #58
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Quote:
What?! What did I do? I just called myself like that. If this situation occured in my country, I would have recieved this title: "Ignorant Jerk". And yes, such situations occured many times.
Well... not in my book. Though we are all ignorant, just in different subjects!
Quote:
So if I insulted you, I apologise...
Oh no! No, no, no, no... not at all, we were just having a debate that's all, from the way your last post read I thought you were the one who was a little insulted... But I do see what I wrote made you laugh, if so then my mission is complete!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Sooges
Then techinically your asking for an entirely different game. No offence. But, if there was a Jedi Academy fighting system, that would change the entire style of the RPG. Just saying anyway.
Word!

Old 08-31-2005, 03:58 AM   #59
TheOssusKeeper
Forumite

Quote:
^^^^

*cough... cough...* smoke inhalation is not good for you and the burnt smell, wow, that could last a day or two… it's a good thing there was a maintenance hatch down there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Sooges
no not really, they could come up with a way to have that type or something similar to that type of fighting/combat style and still have the auto select enemy and the infinite energy weapons/blasters... all i'm saying is it would be nice to be able to do more stunts and utilize more saber styles in combat then we are currently able to use... they can eben be one button actived stunts if you wish...

Last edited by TheOssusKeeper; 08-31-2005 at 04:08 AM.
TheOssusKeeper is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-02-2005, 09:12 AM   #60
Vladimir-Vlada
Counselor Idealist

I think that I have an idea about the combat system (just hear me out, it's not FPS).

I recently saw a video footage on the upcoming Fable: The Lost Chapters, and I can say: The combat system ROCKS! Maybe the combat system can be from Fable, combined with the D20 system. It would work just fine with everybody.
Old 09-03-2005, 09:32 PM   #61
DarthLinde
Rookie

Location: My mommy said not to give out that kind of stuff cause anyone who wants it's a pervert stalker!!!
Let's face it. The ai aiming sytem sucks. I was using HK-47 with improved sniper shot next to a rancor and I hit it 25% of the time! I think they need more manual control.

DarthLinde is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-04-2005, 01:29 AM   #62
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLinde
Let's face it. The ai aiming sytem sucks. I was using HK-47 with improved sniper shot next to a rancor and I hit it 25% of the time!
There is no aiming system, it is all die rolls to hit vs the creatures defense rating, nothing more, nothing less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLinde
I think they need more manual control.
FPS elements do not belong in an RPG...

Old 09-04-2005, 04:11 PM   #63
DarthLinde
Rookie

Location: My mommy said not to give out that kind of stuff cause anyone who wants it's a pervert stalker!!!
Quote:
There is no aiming system, it is all die rolls to hit vs the creatures defense rating, nothing more, nothing less.
Which is what i don't like about it.

Old 09-04-2005, 05:25 PM   #64
lukeiamyourdad
Using Teletraan I

LFN Staff Member 
Then you're going to have to live with it. FPS controls are not meant to be in an RPG. Ever.

http://www.marioramos.ca/ -A friend of mine and an aspiring filmmaker.
lukeiamyourdad is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-04-2005, 05:39 PM   #65
fresnosmokey02
Rookie

I don't want the combat system to changed at all (maybe the animations but not the system itself). I like the "fire and forget" combat system. If I wanted to concentrate on combat I would buy a FPS. RPG's are about the story and the quests, not about combat.
fresnosmokey02 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-04-2005, 06:57 PM   #66
Vladimir-Vlada
Counselor Idealist

@ RedHawke, lukeiamyourdad:

About DarthLinde:

Give the guy a break, already. He doesn't want it changed, he wants it improved. And as far as I know, I was the one who wanted to change the combat system, so those statements should be adressed to me.
Old 09-04-2005, 10:06 PM   #67
lukeiamyourdad
Using Teletraan I

LFN Staff Member 
He doesn't want it changed but he wants FPS controls? That's what manual control is, regarding ranged weapons.

Old 09-04-2005, 10:20 PM   #68
DarthLinde
Rookie

Well, I guess i was wrong. Vladimar-vlada's right, I just don't want them looking like idiots. Maybe taking size in effect for the percentige of hitting?

Old 09-04-2005, 10:24 PM   #69
lukeiamyourdad
Using Teletraan I

LFN Staff Member 
IMO, the Sniper shot feat should have been given an attack bonus instead of the minus to defense and the stunning abilities.
Anyway, what does size have to do with anything? Are you talking about the size of the gun or the size of the character?

Old 09-04-2005, 10:33 PM   #70
DarthLinde
Rookie

Enemy your shooting

Old 09-04-2005, 10:44 PM   #71
lukeiamyourdad
Using Teletraan I

LFN Staff Member 
Hmmm...that's not a bad idea. Like shooting a Wookiee or a rancor would be easier then shooting a Jawa.

Old 09-05-2005, 02:35 AM   #72
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

The targets size in the eyes of the D20 PnP RPG system are allready factored in, any possible modifiers for a creatures size should allready be in it's Defense Rating, this includes Rancors, Wookiees, and Jawas. Or any creature larger or smaller than human size.

Any possible aiming is represented in the RPG by the Sniper line of feats, anything else and you are shooting from the hip... so to speak, none of this is very accurate. You can indeed miss a huge target with a ranged weapon by firing wildly... to be accurate you need to aim, and in D20 this is represented by the Sniper Shot, and Critical Strike line of Feats.

Quote:
@ RedHawke, lukeiamyourdad:

About DarthLinde:

Give the guy a break, already.
Ok, and I take it I said something harsh to him? I don't see where I did?

Old 09-06-2005, 05:11 AM   #73
Lord Pickle
Rookie

Red Hawke

Didn't know about the size moddifier being rolled into the defense rating, thanks for the info.

How about some other elements of PnP RPG's like deathblows. I know in KOTOR you got them if the enemy was level 4 or lower and incapcitated but why not have this if any character is incapacitated. If you're stuck in stasis and a dark jedi takes a cut at your head with a lightsaber then you should be killed, PC or not. As the manual for D&D says "a dagger in the eye is still a dagger in the eye."

Also maybe some bledding damage if you take a critical hit. Could provide another use for health, to stop the bledding.

Also have a situation where if like 50+ damage is taken from a single blow then a fortitude check must be made or the character dies. I'm pretty sure that's from D&D to.

Also there could be damage to specific parts of the body. As an example give a head attack a higher DC than just a normal attack but also make a hit do alot more damage. I don't know what specific numbers should be used but just the idea of location based damage.
Lord Pickle is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-06-2005, 05:59 AM   #74
Vladimir-Vlada
Counselor Idealist

Quote:
Ok, and I take it I said something harsh to him? I don't see where I did?
You two really need to lighten up a little, seriously. I mean, every time a new guy comes here and sugests something to improve combat, with a TINCY WINCY little amount of FPS elements, you two go defensive like:

"Oh, no! He wants to change KOTOR to an FPS! TUTU-RUTU-TU! FPS elements don't belong in a RPG, we cannot allow you to change that. You have to understand that the RPG rules must be upholded, we're quite content and you should be too."

Geez, and whenever someone wants to insert something that ABSOLUTELY has NO EFFECT on RPG rules (vehicles for example), you to go: "Oh, no..." and so on.

So give some people a chance (you gave me, and you don't have to again), all right?

Now, on with the thread.

Quote:
Also there could be damage to specific parts of the body. As an example give a head attack a higher DC than just a normal attack but also make a hit do alot more damage. I don't know what specific numbers should be used but just the idea of location based damage.
Best argument I heard to support deathblows, I agree.
Old 09-06-2005, 06:06 AM   #75
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Lord Pickle, unfortunately the game does not integrate "house" or "optional" rules, the ones you listed are all optional rules, Deathblows, Called Shots, Blood loss from wounds, and Death From Massive Damage, are all optional in the PnP D20 RPG system and the computer version of the game does not make use of optional rules for various reasons. The biggest one is that the 'Vanilla' version of the game rules usually has the widest acceptance, so the game makers go with that.

Quote:
You two really need to lighten up a little, seriously.

I mean, every time a new guy comes here and sugests something to improve combat, with a TINCY WINCY little amount of FPS elements, you two go defensive like:

"Oh, no! He wants to change KOTOR to an FPS! TUTU-RUTU-TU! FPS elements don't belong in a RPG, we cannot allow you to change that. You have to understand that the RPG rules must be upholded, we're quite content and you should be too."
You really need to lay off your caffiene intake Vlad, and learn to get your story straight too. I typed one line to a person and you tell me to give that person a break, then you type this?

Still sore at me for dashing your dreams with reality I see...

It is actually you who needs to lighten up a little... seriously!

Quote:
Geez, and whenever someone wants to insert something that ABSOLUTELY has NO EFFECT on RPG rules (vehicles for example), you to go: "Oh, no..." and so on.
Yup, because the Idea will never happen, it competes with Galaxies, no need to pick on me again for being realistic about such things.

Quote:
So give some people a chance (you gave me, and you don't have to again), all right?
Nope, I posted one line Vlad, one line...

Quote:
Originally Posted by me to DarthLinde
FPS elements do not belong in an RPG...
How is that not giving someone a chance?

Last edited by RedHawke; 09-06-2005 at 10:21 AM.
Old 09-06-2005, 06:12 AM   #76
Jackel

Quote:
I think that I have an idea about the combat system (just hear me out, it's not FPS).

I recently saw a video footage on the upcoming Fable: The Lost Chapters, and I can say: The combat system ROCKS! Maybe the combat system can be from Fable, combined with the D20 system. It would work just fine with everybody.
So you want TFHS (third person hack and slash) rather then FPS? I have played Fable and its not a tactical game, you slash and hack your opponent till he/you dies, repeat with next enemy.
Jackel is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-06-2005, 06:27 AM   #77
Vladimir-Vlada
Counselor Idealist

Yet again RedHawke, I was trying to make a joke. It obviously didn't quite get a result I expected (expected result: Everyone goes ).

Sorry, if I insulted you by the way.

All right, D20 rules with more animations or Fable combat system...

Choose carefully.
Old 09-06-2005, 09:01 AM   #78
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Yet again RedHawke, I was trying to make a joke. It obviously didn't quite get a result I expected (expected result: Everyone goes ).
Remember that joking and sarcasm do not always come across well in text form. I didn't think you were making a joke either.

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-06-2005, 01:13 PM   #79
Vladimir-Vlada
Counselor Idealist

^^^^

And yet again I do something wrong. Geez, I'll just stop posting on this thread.
Old 09-06-2005, 01:43 PM   #80
Lord Pickle
Rookie

RedHawke

So if the dev made the "house" rules optional, like being able to choose massive damage or deathblows ect... from the gameplay screen, then it could
work eh. I think that those elements add more realism and interest to the game.Imagine using insanity on ten guys then just tearing through them.

Also fearful presence would be cool. Like if you just tore through said ten guy then the eleventh is either petrified or hual's ass away from you as fast as possible. It always seems odd that a low level character will stand and fight even through a gang of his buddies were just swiped out by my PC without him breaking a sweat.

Could also be neat if you are a Sith Lord and you spook people due to your presence. I mean if you were in the presence of a Sith Lord like Darth Sidious or Darth Nihilus you'd probably by scared half to death.
Lord Pickle is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > Combat