lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Light or Dark
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-28-2005, 10:43 AM   #1
DarkMe
Rookie

Light or Dark

Which side do you most like playing
on the 'LightSide of the Force' or on the 'DarkSide of the Force'??

I like playing on the DarkSide of the Force it's really satisfing!!
(like being Evil )
DarkMe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-28-2005, 11:02 AM   #2
Mira Dona
Rookie

Always light side.

I tried playing darkside bu just couldn't go through with it. . .

"Some see how things are and ask, 'Why?' I dream of things that have never been and ask, 'Why not?'" - Robert F. Kennedy

In my mind's eye, 3P0.
Mira Dona is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-28-2005, 11:03 AM   #3
THE MANDALORE
Rookie

^^^^

You should have turned this into a poll. It would have been eaisier to keep track of responses.

Anyways, I like playing dark side on my first try and the light side on my second. If you play both sides, then you can experience more of the game.

"Mundiyan to Bach Ke"
- Best Punjabi Song of the Year
THE MANDALORE is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-28-2005, 11:16 AM   #4
Dark_lord_Cheez
Rookie

I usually play through the game as a grey jedi, then at the end choose light. (on my first playthrough)

next playthrough I usually go dark all the way.

"Find what you're looking for amongst the dead?" - Kreia (Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords)
Dark_lord_Cheez is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-28-2005, 11:25 AM   #5
THE MANDALORE
Rookie

^^^^

The problem with playing as gray jedi is that you can't get any prestige classes.

"Mundiyan to Bach Ke"
Old 08-28-2005, 11:37 AM   #6
Dark_lord_Cheez
Rookie

True, but that doesn't mean you can't gain lightside points, gain a prestige class, and then balance yourself out with darkside points that's what I always do when I get to level 15.

"Find what you're looking for amongst the dead?" - Kreia (Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords)
Dark_lord_Cheez is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-28-2005, 11:38 AM   #7
Captain_H
Rookie

I myself like to play lightside, but I can also go through either game darkside.

PM if you want to use any of these, or if you want a different one.
These were done using this great tutorial (just to show that I am not the "true master" : http://www.geocities.com/zerstorer23/Minisig_tut.html)
Come see my MySpace Page: http://www.myspace.com/captainh6440
Captain_H is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-28-2005, 11:57 AM   #8
DarthSion101

Hot Topic Starter Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Always go through as a darksider

"Have you come here for answers? There are none. The call of Korriban is strong, but it is the call of the dead. It is fitting you came here."

"The failure is yours, no longer does your voice whisper within my skull, no longer do I suffer beneath teachings that weaken us, and now you run in search of the Jedi. They are all dead....save one, and one broken Jedi cannot stop the darkness that is to come."
DarthSion101 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-28-2005, 12:00 PM   #9
Bastila
Forumite

LS, i hate being DS when you do do something wrong and then your party members like tell you off, i just can't be bad lol.

Bastila is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-28-2005, 12:11 PM   #10
Soogz
Forumite

Current Game: Fifa 09
I am a lightside guy my self.

Soogz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-28-2005, 12:45 PM   #11
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Usually light side. I may try a dark side game at some point...

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-28-2005, 01:07 PM   #12
fresnosmokey02
Rookie

I play all ways...male and female, LS and DS. Then I add mods and do it again. I have played every permutation there is. What's really cool about these games is for each way you play there are more details to discover. I have to say that DS is more fun, but LS is more of a challenge. It's much easier to get experience and alignment points playing DS. Another interesting thing is that these games actually make me feel bad for doing DS things. You can get totally immersed in these games. I tried playing neutral once, but I found it uninteresting and there was no prestige class.
fresnosmokey02 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-28-2005, 01:27 PM   #13
THE MANDALORE
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_lord_Cheez
True, but that doesn't mean you can't gain lightside points, gain a prestige class, and then balance yourself out with darkside points that's what I always do when I get to level 15.
I never thought about that. I'll have to try it out when the next time.

"Mundiyan to Bach Ke"
Old 08-28-2005, 01:27 PM   #14
IndianaSolo
Rookie

Darkside then Lightside.
IndianaSolo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-28-2005, 01:46 PM   #15
Bob Lion54
Jr. Malkavian Detective

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Always lightside.

Once in K1, when the guy is getting pushed around by Daviks men, I chose the DS dialogue. Carth actually made me feel bad..............
I wanted to try to play DS, but like Mira Dona and Bastilla, I just couldn't go through with it.

Damn the power of these pixelated people!

Bob Lion54 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-28-2005, 02:21 PM   #16
Mira Dona
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime
Usually light side. I may try a dark side game at some point...

No!!!

Don't give into the darkside!!!

"Some see how things are and ask, 'Why?' I dream of things that have never been and ask, 'Why not?'" - Robert F. Kennedy

In my mind's eye, 3P0.
Mira Dona is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-28-2005, 02:31 PM   #17
Jeff
Rating: Awesome

Current Game: SWTOR
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
I'm usually light side. I did a couple DS games for K1, but I never played DS all the way through for TSL. It seemed more like I was a thug than a Sith Lord. But I have played the ending as DS (just loaded a save and cheated).

Follow me on Twitter
Follow StarWarsMMO.net on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
Jeff is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-28-2005, 03:48 PM   #18
DarkMe
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE MANDALORE
^^^^

You should have turned this into a poll. It would have been eaisier to keep track of responses.

Yah that would have been better sorry...
PS: Darkside is allways fun... You feel so much more POWERFULL!!
DarkMe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-28-2005, 04:03 PM   #19
A-Dark-Power
Lurker

I normally like to test out both to see which I find better. Light side seems to be easier because as in KOTOR II you don't have to kill any Jedi if you are Light side. The Dark side is harder i think, but they have the better force powers! But i'd go with the Light side.
A-Dark-Power is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-28-2005, 11:35 PM   #20
lukeiamyourdad
Using Teletraan I

LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Lion54
Damn the power of these pixelated people!
This is why I think that KotOR was so amazing.
For every 5 LS playthroughs, I play one DS, sometimes less.

Often, I just tell myself:"I can't do this, I'm not a horrible person. This is just terrible!"

However, sometimes, DS options do make me laugh, like those thugs who committed suicide on NarShaddaa after I used Mind Trick on them

What?

http://www.marioramos.ca/ -A friend of mine and an aspiring filmmaker.
lukeiamyourdad is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-29-2005, 12:18 AM   #21
Blaze629
Rookie

Well for the KOTOR series I ALWAYS go dark before light. I just have more fun doing it that way ESPECIALLY in TSL because of the prestige classes. In other series like Jedi Academy though, I felt MUCH more compelled to stay in the light. I guess it just depends on the series or game I'm playing in my case.
Blaze629 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-29-2005, 12:19 AM   #22
Snafu7
Purvayer of Truthiness

I always start out as lightside, and then try darkside a few times.
Snafu7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-29-2005, 06:42 AM   #23
Vibro

I tend to go Dark Side, but I have complete KOTOR I on Light Side.
Vibro is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-29-2005, 03:17 PM   #24
jblue789
Rookie

I started with Dark Side, and loved it, until I realized how bland it was >.> Then I went to Light Side, which was better, but still meh. Neutral all the way

jblue789 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-29-2005, 04:53 PM   #25
Vladimir-Vlada
Counselor Idealist

Always Light Side. Never Dark Side. Never recieved a dark side point in both games. The evil deeds are really evil and wrong...
Vladimir-Vlada is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-29-2005, 05:12 PM   #26
Smilodon
Rookie

Same for me...

I've beaten half of TSL as DS female but it got boring after a while. I also did DS once in KOTOR near the end to see the alternate ending ^^
Smilodon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-29-2005, 05:46 PM   #27
Aristotélēsticus
Forumite

i like to play the two, DS and LS, Male and Female...coz after all

"If one is to understand the great mystery of the force, then he must study all its aspects"
Aristotélēsticus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-29-2005, 06:38 PM   #28
The_Maker
Veteran

Propaganda!
I usually do LS first then DS, DS is more fun in the sense that you can do whatever you want but LS is more fun because you have that warm fuzzy feeling inside you saying you did something good

I only do DS if I want that uber mega strong evil feeling inside me

The_Maker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-30-2005, 12:42 AM   #29
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Current Game: Ass Effect
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
DARK SIDE!!!!!!!

If you think otherwise, I would recommend that you stop taking drugs every day, and go to therapy an hour a day for twenty years.

Face it... You just can't compare to the Dark Side of the Force. Light Side? Come on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
We will be great failures one day, you and I
Emperor Devon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-30-2005, 01:50 AM   #30
Commas

Location: If you're going to San Francisco, Be sure to wear some flowers in your hair...
the first time thru i just make the choices that i would actually make, instead of always looking for the most light/dark points. following this strategy i came out as a Lightsider in Kotor and TSL. Then i'll play a darkside game, so i can see what the other ending is, try the darkside versions of quests, and in TSL try out Hanharr. every other time i play thru after that is lightside

Zaphod Beeblebrox is my hero
DOWNLOAD THE STUFF I MADE!
Commas is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-30-2005, 02:59 AM   #31
stingerhs
Follow the Wolves

Current Game: Dead Space
Forum Veteran Roleplayer LFN Staff Member Helpful! 
well, i do lightside first because it tends to somewhat agree with the way i am personally.

then i go full on darkside because i enjoy being evil.

See the struggle of the faithless lot as they negate their time
How low to sink to the depths of their frame of mind

stingerhs is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-30-2005, 04:27 AM   #32
nas77
Rookie

I would like to play DS more, but I think DS is flawed from a storyline point of view - I don't think a Sith would go around making conversation with people, and trying to play while thinking "what would a Sith do" means you miss a lot of sidequests and dialogue with NPCs. Like someone said above you also end up being more of a thug than a Sith. It's also hard to believe a Sith and Mira or Disciple can be in the same ship without a fight breaking out, especially since you can't really seduce them to DS so they don't complain when you kill people.

I only ever play DS in KOTOR 1 because there you can go LS for most of the game, and then start going DS after you know the truth on the Leviathan and then finally snap on the Rakatan temple roof. It makes sense, and is actually why I like the "one decision decides all" approach to LS / DS in KOTOR 1, as opposed to the more gradual approach in TSL.

"Take this guy... armed robbery, double homicide... has a taste for theatrics, like you... he leaves a calling card..."
nas77 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-30-2005, 04:54 AM   #33
montnoir

I have played both games as light and dark and I have come to the same conclusion for both. The conclusion is the same as nas77, namely:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nas77
I would like to play DS more, but I think DS is flawed from a storyline point of view - I don't think a Sith would go around making conversation with people, and trying to play while thinking "what would a Sith do" means you miss a lot of sidequests and dialogue with NPCs. Like someone said above you also end up being more of a thug than a Sith.
This I agree with. Both games are written with a LS base and then added DS responses to encounters and dialogues (even more apparent in TSL). Playing DS never felt like I was really playing dark. But playing LS indeed felt like a Jedi on a quest.

Then in TSL the DS storyline is even more full of holes than the LS. It doesn't make sense and it gets annoying. The in-game reasoning for going DS is... just... badly written... I could even go so far as saying stupid (but that could probably be just a matter of taste).

Quote:
It's also hard to believe a Sith and Mira or Disciple can be in the same ship without a fight breaking out, especially since you can't really seduce them to DS so they don't complain when you kill people.
This also is very annoying in TSL, because of the influence. At least in K1 there was no influence so the characters always spoke their mind. But in TSL even with full DS INF they will still feel sorry for people you kill and berate you. They do have a DS response in dialogue once or twice but other than that, the INF meter is nothing more than that - a meter.

in vino veritas
montnoir is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-30-2005, 06:50 AM   #34
Vince Trageton
Rookie

I normally do a lightside run first, since I think you get to see more of the game, instead of just killign somebody after the second dialogue. Next I do the darkside run.

All in all I prefer the lightside, dunno, I suppose I'm just too nice to do the darkside with satisfaction....

UPMF Supreme Commander Vince Trageton
Vince Trageton is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-30-2005, 08:51 AM   #35
fresnosmokey02
Rookie

Quote:
I would like to play DS more, but I think DS is flawed from a storyline point of view - I don't think a Sith would go around making conversation with people, and trying to play while thinking "what would a Sith do" means you miss a lot of sidequests and dialogue with NPCs. Like someone said above you also end up being more of a thug than a Sith. It's also hard to believe a Sith and Mira or Disciple can be in the same ship without a fight breaking out, especially since you can't really seduce them to DS so they don't complain when you kill people.

Interestingly they have included a way to convert Mira and Disciple to dark jedi if you have enough influence as a darksider. I found this out because I have a mod that grants me influence. I wonder why they did that? You shouldn't be able to convert them at all if playing as a darksider, considering that you lose influence with them when you do DS stuff.

Last edited by fresnosmokey02; 08-30-2005 at 09:02 AM.
Old 08-30-2005, 12:04 PM   #36
nas77
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresnosmokey02
Interestingly they have included a way to convert Mira and Disciple to dark jedi if you have enough influence as a darksider. I found this out because I have a mod that grants me influence. I wonder why they did that? You shouldn't be able to convert them at all if playing as a darksider, considering that you lose influence with them when you do DS stuff.
Yeah I know, it's rubbish. If I do play as DS I always make sure I get influence with Handmaiden and turn her into a dark jedi (I think she looks better DS than LS, but maybe that's just me). When she decides to learn the ways of the Force she can even agree to "following a stronger, darker path", or something, and you are told she's a "dark jedi guardian." But she still bangs on about the sanctity of life every time I kill someone! Arrrrgh. Talk about an unruly apprentice.

"Take this guy... armed robbery, double homicide... has a taste for theatrics, like you... he leaves a calling card..."
nas77 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-30-2005, 12:43 PM   #37
jblue789
Rookie

Quote:
Yeah I know, it's rubbish. If I do play as DS I always make sure I get influence with Handmaiden and turn her into a dark jedi (I think she looks better DS than LS, but maybe that's just me). When she decides to learn the ways of the Force she can even agree to "following a stronger, darker path", or something, and you are told she's a "dark jedi guardian." But she still bangs on about the sanctity of life every time I kill someone! Arrrrgh. Talk about an unruly apprentice.
Ugh, in KOTOR 3 they need to make it so that this:
http://chugworth.scribblekid.org/comic.php?id=171
won't happen. If I'm making someone evil, I want them to react evilly. If I'm making someone good, I want them to react good...illy... >.>

jblue789 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-30-2005, 12:45 PM   #38
fresnosmokey02
Rookie

HAHAHAHAHA! That is too funny. What's so sad is that's the way TSL works.
Old 08-30-2005, 09:19 PM   #39
lukeiamyourdad
Using Teletraan I

LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Devon
If you think otherwise, I would recommend that you stop taking drugs every day, and go to therapy an hour a day for twenty years.

pfff...

*sniffs a line of coke

http://www.marioramos.ca/ -A friend of mine and an aspiring filmmaker.
lukeiamyourdad is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-02-2005, 11:53 PM   #40
Nom_Anor
Rookie

The Dark side

Only The Dead Have Seen The End Of War.
-Plato
Nom_Anor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > Light or Dark