lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Light or Dark
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-03-2005, 05:12 AM   #41
DarthCole
Rookie

My favorite is Dark side...although I don't exactly agree with the way you get there in KOTOR. In the game it is you being an outright A$$...be cruel. The dark side is about greed and arigance

May the Force be With You,

DarthCole
DarthCole is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-03-2005, 02:33 PM   #42
warchild75
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMe
Which side do you most like playing
on the 'LightSide of the Force' or on the 'DarkSide of the Force'??

I like playing on the DarkSide of the Force it's really satisfing!!
(like being Evil )
I think from my avatar you can tell its the darkside all the way.I have tried the light side but i get bored and have to destroy things and people.

THE DARK SIDE IS THE ONLY SIDE
warchild75 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-04-2005, 08:32 AM   #43
ExtreamJedi12
Forumite

I take light over dark any day.(I'll fry my enemies with Force lightning)
ExtreamJedi12 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-04-2005, 11:26 AM   #44
fresnosmokey02
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtreamJedi12
I take light over dark any day.(I'll fry my enemies with Force lightning)
Ummmm, force lightning is a dark side power and to wish to fry your enemies with it is a dark side sentiment. So, are you sure you want to be light side?
fresnosmokey02 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-05-2005, 03:35 AM   #45
DarkMe
Rookie

The DarkSide is much more POWERFULL than the light
when you are Dark you have the most and the most
Powerfull Powers!!! Lightning, crush, drain, kill...... and the
list goes on and on.......
(light is nothing)
DarkMe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-05-2005, 07:47 AM   #46
dragon2sword
Rookie

always 100% light but sometimes i play the game on the darkside, complete it on the dark side and then complete the game when on lightside. but mostly its the lightside i comeplete first

Sith Code
:

Peace is a lie...
There is only passion...
Through passion i gain strength...
Through strength i gain power...
Through power i gain victory...
Through victory my chains are broken...
The force shall free me
dragon2sword is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-05-2005, 10:47 AM   #47
ExtreamJedi12
Forumite

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresnosmokey02
Ummmm, force lightning is a dark side power and to wish to fry your enemies with it is a dark side sentiment. So, are you sure you want to be light side?
It doesn't matter. It all depends on how you use them.

Freakin' sweet!
Old 09-05-2005, 11:05 PM   #48
Defy
Lurker

I am playing through KOTOR 1 for my first time. I am barely light based on the choices I made, since I'm not all the way through the game I'll just say light side up to where I have played.

Defy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-05-2005, 11:16 PM   #49
SITHSLAYER133

by the way there is lightside power that is used to kill jedi master yaddle was very good at it
SITHSLAYER133 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-06-2005, 03:43 AM   #50
Lord Pickle
Rookie

I play as both but I think the problem is there isn't enough variety between the two. Sure you get a different ending for DS and LS but the quests are the same or similar. It would be cool if in KOTOR III you only got certain quests if you were DS, the same goes for LS. Also it would be neat to have cretain planets and storylines only open to DS or LS characters. I know TSL had some of that were you could only get Hanharr if you were DS and influence was gained with some only through DS actions, but I would like to see a big difference between being DS and LS. Being an enlightened Jedi in tune with the force is a hell of alot different than being a twisted, corrupt evil bastard.
Lord Pickle is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-06-2005, 09:09 AM   #51
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMe
The DarkSide is much more POWERFULL than the light
when you are Dark you have the most and the most
Powerfull Powers!!! Lightning, crush, drain, kill...... and the
list goes on and on.......
(light is nothing)
Only if you equate hurting people with power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtreamJedi12
It doesn't matter. It all depends on how you use them.
I see. So you are frying people to help them. I'm sure they will thank you in their next life...

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-06-2005, 09:23 AM   #52
fresnosmokey02
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pickle
I play as both but I think the problem is there isn't enough variety between the two. Sure you get a different ending for DS and LS but the quests are the same or similar. It would be cool if in KOTOR III you only got certain quests if you were DS, the same goes for LS. Also it would be neat to have cretain planets and storylines only open to DS or LS characters. I know TSL had some of that were you could only get Hanharr if you were DS and influence was gained with some only through DS actions, but I would like to see a big difference between being DS and LS. Being an enlightened Jedi in tune with the force is a hell of alot different than being a twisted, corrupt evil bastard.
I totally agree with you. It really does make sense, playing each side does have different goals (or should at any rate) and this should be reflected in actions and quests. However, that being said, I hope they do make a better way to be dark in K3 other than just being an a-hole.
Old 09-06-2005, 01:03 PM   #53
nas77
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime
I see. So you are frying people to help them. I'm sure they will thank you in their next life...
In the words of Kyle Katarn: "No power is inherently good or evil. It's how you use them." e.g. there's nothing evil about using Force Lightning to kill a Sith who's about to slaughter someone else.

"Take this guy... armed robbery, double homicide... has a taste for theatrics, like you... he leaves a calling card..."
nas77 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-06-2005, 02:17 PM   #54
fresnosmokey02
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nas77
In the words of Kyle Katarn: "No power is inherently good or evil. It's how you use them." e.g. there's nothing evil about using Force Lightning to kill a Sith who's about to slaughter someone else.
That may be true in general, but for the purpose of these two games, it's a dark side power, it's labeled as such, it costs less to use it when you are dark side, and if you are using the auto-level option you don't even get the power unless you are dark side.

That being said, the urge/need/want to use a violent power like force lightning to crush your enemies is a dark side feeling. You can fall to the dark side crushing enemies with glee and enjoyment, no matter your original alignment. OK, maybe not in these two games but in the rest of the SW universe.
Old 09-06-2005, 03:08 PM   #55
PoM

"I'd like to buy force lightning, please!"

"That'd be 30 bucks...You don't look evil, so um...That'd be 50 bucks."

"Noooo!!"
*Fries salesman*
"Now that was great! You'll get it for 10 bucks!"

I prefer lightside, in TSL it's just impossible to be mean to T3-M4, he/she/it sounds so sad all the time.
PoM is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-06-2005, 03:34 PM   #56
DarkMe
Rookie

^^^^^^^^
If only you could buy some Force Powers........to bad...
DarkMe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-07-2005, 01:21 AM   #57
Blaze629
Rookie

Please remember the most important rule about the force as an old wise one once stated:

"A jedi uses the force for knowledge and defense. NEVER for attack."

Although Force push could arguably be considered an attack, it is not a malicious attempt to kill, maim, or permanently harm another being. This is the only power that Lucas himself can see a light jedi using frequently. All dark side powers cause injury and death. Lucas himself has said that light jedi do not use these powers due to the temptation and lust for power that it can bring about.
Blaze629 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-07-2005, 03:50 AM   #58
Lord Pickle
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze629
Please remember the most important rule about the force as an old wise one once stated:

"A jedi uses the force for knowledge and defense. NEVER for attack."

Although Force push could arguably be considered an attack, it is not a malicious attempt to kill, maim, or permanently harm another being. This is the only power that Lucas himself can see a light jedi using frequently. All dark side powers cause injury and death. Lucas himself has said that light jedi do not use these powers due to the temptation and lust for power that it can bring about.
Right on Blaze629.

Also I like to play as a dark consellor/Sith Lord. I don't have Lord at the front of my name for nothing. Hopefully they will have more options to corrupt people in KOTOR III. It was fun to turn Atton to the dark side. Plus that's what Sith Lords do corrupt people and then use them to carry out their plans of galatic domination. Thats what Sidious did with Anaken/Vader and that is where the fun is.
Lord Pickle is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-09-2005, 06:49 PM   #59
ExtreamJedi12
Forumite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime
Only if you equate hurting people with power.

Yes, I turn them to the light through the dark side of the force.

Freakin' sweet!
Old 09-17-2005, 05:43 PM   #60
lord Rage
Rookie

I always go the way of the dark its so satisfying

Behold the wrath of the darkside,

Current head shots for battlefront at one time
Hoth:89
kashyyk:45
lord Rage is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-17-2005, 06:13 PM   #61
Vibro

I complete the game as DS first then on LS. I prefer DS thogh
Vibro is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-17-2005, 11:47 PM   #62
Tim Stariynn
Lurker

Light Side guy. That's because I'm too kind to do anything too bad or that could also be because I hate the way the PC looks when he/she is a Dark Sider.
Tim Stariynn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-17-2005, 11:51 PM   #63
Soogz
Forumite

Current Game: Fifa 09
Lightside. All the time, everytime. Except this time.

Soogz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-18-2005, 06:01 PM   #64
The Doctor
Retired

Current Game: Skyrim
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fresnosmokey02
I play all ways...male and female, LS and DS. Then I add mods and do it again....
I do the exact same thing. First, however, I do male LS, then male DS, then female LS, and finally female DS.

Last edited by The Doctor; 09-18-2005 at 06:03 PM. Reason: DYING KEYBOARD!
The Doctor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-19-2005, 01:49 AM   #65
lord Rage
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Stariynn
Light Side guy. That's because I'm too kind to do anything too bad or that could also be because I hate the way the PC looks when he/she is a Dark Sider.
Yeah but i think it looks awesome

Old 09-19-2005, 01:54 AM   #66
lord Rage
Rookie

well except palpy hes just freakin mess'd up

Old 10-04-2005, 03:50 AM   #67
tenk
Lurker

"Yes....I can feel anger in you, do not hold it inside... let it out... let it be your guide..."
dark side is easy, in making choice and judgement....yes Dark-side for me..
tenk is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-04-2005, 11:47 AM   #68
Slave.
Rookie

I go DS first play through, then LS. Also went through each with the opposite gender to the one i used first time.

Slave. is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-11-2005, 03:08 PM   #69
Gasha
Rookie

I always play LS at my first playthrough, then DS on the second one, but I don't think it's a big difference.
Gasha is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-11-2005, 04:07 PM   #70
SpaceAlex
Forumite

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nas77
Yeah I know, it's rubbish. If I do play as DS I always make sure I get influence with Handmaiden and turn her into a dark jedi (I think she looks better DS than LS, but maybe that's just me). When she decides to learn the ways of the Force she can even agree to "following a stronger, darker path", or something, and you are told she's a "dark jedi guardian." But she still bangs on about the sanctity of life every time I kill someone! Arrrrgh. Talk about an unruly apprentice.
This is the biggest problem in TSL, though it was not much better in K1. It was actually worse, because nobody really cared if you were DS and nobody said anything, even though you looked like a zombie. In K2, even some non-party members comment on your face.

Now, what they should do in K2 is to change their responses when you turn them to the dark side. That would solve everything. It would be possible to make a mod like this. We would need the same voice actors however, which we sadly cannot get.

SpaceAlex is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-11-2005, 04:28 PM   #71
RobQel-Droma
Blah

Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Absolutely light side. Dark side might have more "powerful powers", DarkMe, but as Prime said, that is only if you equate hurting people with power. Lightside powers are powerful too, they aren't nothing-what about Heal? It heals you with a lot of vitality points and cures poison. Drain Life doesn't do that, not to mention that DL is variable on how much you get depending on how good the enemy is, AND you have to be in combat to use it. How about Force Enlightenment? Or Statis Field, makes everybody stunned and helpless?

I agree that force powers are only how you use it to a certain point, although I am not sure Crushing Sith is exactly lightside, but then again, is slicing somebody's head off with a lightsaber lightside.

Also, Valor, Speed, Armor, and others gives you a tremendous amount of power to your self, because as far as power: Dark Side hurts other people, Light Side gives yourself power- simply put, you could say that Dark Side: damage, Light Side: buffs. I would probably take the "buffs" because even if you can Crush a ton of people, it doesn't matter if they are good lightsaber fighters and get to you finally. Doesn't matter one bit, because if the only thing you can do is hurt them and do nothing for yourself, then they will tear you up. That is why you are going to need some lightside powers to increase your own abilities.

Oh, and by the way, the Dark Side is about being arrogant and greedy, but it is about being an @$$ too (well, it depends what you consider being an A$$)... And it is about being cruel, Sith are self-centered, who ever heard of a nice, kind old Sith?
RobQel-Droma is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-12-2005, 12:51 AM   #72
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobQel-Droma
Absolutely light side.
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!" - Obi-Wan

Quote:
Oh, and by the way, the Dark Side is about being arrogant and greedy, but it is about being an @$$ too (well, it depends what you consider being an A$$)... And it is about being cruel, Sith are self-centered,
Only your idea of the Dark side... but that is a topic for another thread.

Quote:
who ever heard of a nice, kind old Sith?
It all depends on what 'face' you want to show other people, you can win far more dedicated minions by playing the kinder gentler person, you have to lay out planned events to make your "freinds" see things your way so when you finally reveal yourself as a Lord of the Sith your companions will be confident in that they know who you are, and are loyal to your cause which has now become their cause too, it takes a ton of time and effort to pull this off, but it is worth it in the long run...

"If your people fear you they will merely fight for you, but if they love you they will die for you!"

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-12-2005, 06:15 AM   #73
TreeX
Rookie

I've always played in the 'Grey' area, sort of bending a bit towards light or dark depending which way is faster to get Nihilus to send Visas and so I can do the Korri tomb.

and Extream... you dont make any sense...

Favorite Combination for me: protection, force immunity, and SPAM LIGHTNING!!!

Sanity is for the weak...
Let the madness consume you...
TreeX is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-22-2005, 12:57 PM   #74
Layjock
Rookie

I usually play as the LS because, like Bastila said earlier, I don't like it when Carth or someone yells at you. Besides, I beat the game using LS force powers easily and when I played as DS, I couldn't get past all the Dark Jedi in the last level.

Layjock is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-22-2005, 01:11 PM   #75
The Doctor
Retired

Current Game: Skyrim
Forum Veteran 
Light Side. It makes it feel more... Star Wars....ish.....like......thing....
The Doctor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-22-2005, 03:06 PM   #76
ExtreamJedi12
Forumite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeX
and Extream... you dont make any sense...
I know. I'm crazy. I'm confused. I'm insane. And it doesn't matter.(Fry sith, fry.)

Freakin' sweet!
Old 10-22-2005, 03:57 PM   #77
Darth_Terros
Veteran

Helpful! 
I played the games and took the choices as if i was the PC sadly both times it lead me down the path of darkness

Darth_Terros is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-22-2005, 05:56 PM   #78
Blaze629
Rookie

Twisted.....by the darkside young Terros has become.
Blaze629 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-23-2005, 08:50 PM   #79
BT-Nexus
Lurker

Dark side, always. Never, ever Light.

Death.. Is only the beginning..
BT-Nexus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-25-2005, 12:38 PM   #80
Darth_Terros
Veteran

Helpful! 
Bah! The Jedi are a failing light in the dark!

Darth_Terros is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > Light or Dark