lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: A Second Cantina, Perhaps Some Ale, but No Sandstorm
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-12-2005, 06:55 PM   #41
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Current Game: TrackMania Nations
Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
"The two women over there," Nadira said, nodding toward Nalaen and Kira. "I know you noticed them. Approach the one who's playing pazaak with the man at the table and tell her what I'm about to tell her this: Adar's killer greets the Sith warrior who hunted him."

"If you tell her this," Nadira went on, "I will give you the money you need."

Mom tells me I need brain food... but if writing ain't that, I don't know what is!

My work in progress:
Hidden Histories: The Galaxy Hacker

Have a read, give a review, yah?
Writer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-12-2005, 07:09 PM   #42
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
The game was close this time, at least as close as the man could make it and still lose. He wondered exactly who the woman was and what she was doing here, and watched closely for any reaction.

Vader's wife was very pregnant when she died 19 years ago. All of a sudden a 19 year old who is very strong in the force and has a distinct resembalance to him in his younger days rolls in from Vader's home planet with his old Master Obi-Wan (Who was the ONLY other person preset at the time his wife died. And to boot, the kid's last name is Skywalker.

So in answer to your question, he knew Luke was his son because his name is Darth Vader, and not Darth Retard.

-Forum post on why Vader knew Luke was his son.
jokemaster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-12-2005, 07:10 PM   #43
90SK
Universal Figment

Current Game: Tetris
Kablo listened with amazement. All he needed to do was go over and relay a message? It was unreal. There was more to this than he was getting. He sighed. Nothing but trouble.

"What an amazingly generous offer." He looked up at the woman and leaned closer in. "What's the catch?"

Last edited by 90SK; 09-12-2005 at 07:30 PM.
90SK is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-12-2005, 07:14 PM   #44
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Nadira grinned slightly. "A catch? Well, I hadn't thought of one... if you want one, I'll oblige." She glanced at Nalaen. "After hearing this, there's really no telling what she'll do. I do believe, however that you won't be killed. You'll live to collect the money."

Mom tells me I need brain food... but if writing ain't that, I don't know what is!

My work in progress:

Old 09-12-2005, 07:32 PM   #45
90SK
Universal Figment

Kablo laughed, dryly. What wonderful incentive.

"Fine," he said, meeting her stare. "I've been bored as hell anyway."

He got up slowly, stretching out his muscles. Then he sighed, and sauntered his way across the cantina up to the woman's table. Like his tablemate said, she appeared to be playing pazaak with a young man. It was a good match, and for a moment Kablo found himself caught up in it. He couldn't help himself, it was second nature too him. Then, reminding himself that he had more important things do, he fortified himself, and lightly tapped the woman on the shoulder.

"Excuse me. I'm terribly sorry to interrupt your game: I have a message for you."

Old 09-12-2005, 07:39 PM   #46
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
The young man looked up at the new arrival, curious to see what the message was.

Vader's wife was very pregnant when she died 19 years ago. All of a sudden a 19 year old who is very strong in the force and has a distinct resembalance to him in his younger days rolls in from Vader's home planet with his old Master Obi-Wan (Who was the ONLY other person preset at the time his wife died. And to boot, the kid's last name is Skywalker.

So in answer to your question, he knew Luke was his son because his name is Darth Vader, and not Darth Retard.

Old 09-12-2005, 08:45 PM   #47
jblue789
Rookie

Jezrinth sighed and handed a hundred credits to a Rodian. "Well, I'm kinda tired. Wanna head out?"

"Sure."

After waving good-bye to their friends, the two left the Cantina, heading for the docks, and hopping onto their Corellian Freighter, the Vermillion Eagle.

((Well, I don't really want to do anything in the cantina anymore, so, I'm off :O))

jblue789 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-12-2005, 10:44 PM   #48
Blessèd Sith

Nalaen had actually won that hand. Nice. She allowed a look of glee to flash in her eyes. To show no reaction would be too telling of her practice. They set out their cards once again; to her, these games of absolute random chance were intellectually interesting. All her life, she knew that the Force influenced everything. From the way the wind blew, to how rocks formed, the Force was thriving. A simple twist of her mind and she could change the workings of the Force, change how things ended up. Manipulate situations, minds, events. But these cards: they had no natural life. There was no Force connection. And though she could probably increase her odds with strenuous application of the Force, it still amazed her that in this galaxy where coincidences were actually the workings of the Force, these cards were truly random. A few won games in a row was really the only true coincidence that could exist. Because then the cards could turn, and there was nothing one could do about it. The Force had no power here. The only power was in the mind behind the cards. But that wasn't the point of this game. It didn't matter if she won, so there was no point in cheating.

There was a presence near her. She couldn't see it, but she could feel it, watching . . . not so much herself, but the game. Another pazaak player? What else would someone willingly come into this place for? That, booze or cheap women. Her eyes flitted around. Very cheap. Returning blank eyes, and an equally blank face to the game, she studied the cards laid out before her. Yuck. This would take a lot of luck for her to win. Even thinking the word luck made her wince; luckly she was able to keep it mentally. Luck wasn't a word Sith used. It wasn't a word any Force user should use. But here she was, at the whim of fate: a card too high or too low could sink her. And still it fascinated her. Looking at the two cards left in her hand, she recited the numbers in her head over and over as a focusing tool. What to do, what to do?

But there was nothing to be done. The one hovering tapped her shoulder. Her muscles stiffened slightly, her mind flying immediately to the hilt of her double-bladed red sabre at her hip. Caressing it with the Force, she felt better just knowing it was there. After all, if this was an attack, she certainly wouldn't be given polite forewarning. Looking up at him, her eyes flashed.

He looked kind of nervous. Unsure. She gave him a slight snarl, eyes narrowing. What did he want?
"Excuse me. I'm terribly sorry to interrupt your game: I have a message for you."

Her brows flew up. "Oh? A message for me?" Thoughts raced through her head. A messenger? About what? Someone she was supposed to kill who found out and outwitted her? A message from her Master demanding her immediate death -- no, that was a bit extreme. Her immediate presence, which may as well be her immediate death. To tell her something she should have known but didn't? A replacement for her on her mission?

Slowing her thoughts, she blocked the discomfort out. "Well . . . what is it?"

Equality is a perversion of the natural order!…It binds the strong to the weak. They [the weak] become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them. They [the strong] suffer for the sake of keeping them even with their inferiors.”
- Darth Bane

Bal kote, darasuum kote,
Jorso'ran kando a tome.
Sa kyr'am nau tracyn kad, Vode an.
Blessèd Sith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-12-2005, 11:02 PM   #49
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
The young man winced as he saw he lost.
"Damn. Final hand?"

Old 09-13-2005, 12:31 PM   #50
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Kira frowned as the messenger approached. What message could Nalaen possibly need in a place like this? Her eyes fell suddenly, suspiciously on Nadira. Could it be that this strange woman had recognized Nalaen? Kira cautiously reached out with the Force, trying to read Nadira's mind...

Nadira sensed the intrusion immediately and blocked it, staring at Kira as she did so. Her face told Kira, Don't even think about it...

Kira winced as her probing was rejected, but said nothing. Teri's voice whispered in her mind. She's been trained by Jedi... Kira responded with a low growl, but still said nothing.

My work in progress:

Old 09-13-2005, 05:42 PM   #51
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
The young man turned up to look at the woman who growled, then turned back to the messenger.

Old 09-13-2005, 08:28 PM   #52
test
Banned

(((It's CaptainSkye. I probably shouldn't be using this universal account for my own personal needs, but It may be a day or too before my account get's re-activated, and I don't want to keep you guys waiting)))

Kablo was swept with a wave of...fear? Odd. He rarely felt such emotions; what was the point? It was almost like he was having the fear inflicted on his mind, against his will. He shuddered.

"Er..." Staring into the woman's cold eyes, Kablo couldn't find his strength. Who were these people? He took a breath, and spoke the words. "I was told to tell you...Adar's killer greets the Sith warrior who hunted him." Kablo exhaled the words, feeling freed from them. Then he took a step back to watch the woman's reaction. The gizka in his jacket began to squirm madly. What was it on about...?
test is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-13-2005, 11:06 PM   #53
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
Despite his composure the young man's flicked up in surprise at the words 'Sith Warrior', he waited to see the woman's reaction.

Old 09-13-2005, 11:39 PM   #54
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Kira's eyes narrowed as she waited for Nalaen to respond. Now she was sure the message had been sent by the strange woman who kept glancing this way. And what was all this about Adar? A small sigh escaped her lips. No doubt it was a mission Nalaen had been sent on that Kira had not heard of... nothing unusual there.

Across the room, Nadira's sharp eyes took in Kira's response to the question and she turned slightly to get a better view of Nalaen, waiting for her response.

My work in progress:

Old 09-13-2005, 11:44 PM   #55
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
The young man heard the sigh and stared at Kira's eyes, attempting to see what lay behind them.

Old 09-13-2005, 11:49 PM   #56
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Kira caught the man's gaze and stared back, showing him nothing but a blank slate that her face had become.

My work in progress:

Old 09-13-2005, 11:54 PM   #57
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
As the young man waited for the woman's reaction to the message he kept staring at Kira

Old 09-13-2005, 11:58 PM   #58
Writer
Not switching to DTV

You do realize that staring at him isn't really doing anything, right? Teri's voice interrupted Kira's thoughts.

I know, Kira answered mentally, her eyes wavering slightly. Now shut up. Her eyes locked onto the young man's eyes again.

My work in progress:

Old 09-14-2005, 12:03 AM   #59
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
The young man resisted a grin, if there was one thing pazaak was good for it was helping you stare down anyone. Of course using the force helped.

Old 09-14-2005, 04:17 PM   #60
Blessèd Sith

Nalaen's eyes went wide and shot right to Nadira. So that was where she knew her from. Oh, that had been an interesting time. The cantina . . . Gods, was history repeating?

"Did they take your holocron too?" she wondered dryly, arching a brow, not caring that pretty much everyone in the cantina could hear her speaking across the room. Glancing at Kira she smirked sheepishly and lifted her shoulders in a meek shrug. Returning her attention to Nadira, she studied her. What the hell was going on here?

Equality is a perversion of the natural order!…It binds the strong to the weak. They [the weak] become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them. They [the strong] suffer for the sake of keeping them even with their inferiors.”
- Darth Bane

Bal kote, darasuum kote,
Jorso'ran kando a tome.
Old 09-14-2005, 04:20 PM   #61
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
"A sith, huh?" Said the young man, being the only other person in the cantina to break the sudden silence.

Old 09-14-2005, 04:33 PM   #62
Blessèd Sith

She looked up at the young guy with mock surprise etched on her face and spoke into the silence. "Well, what else would I be? Do I look like a Jedi?" Giving him a disgruntled glower, Nalaen then looked around the cantina. She really didn't care if people knew she was a Sith. What were they going to do? Attack her? That thought nearly made her laugh. If that was the case, there'd be a lot of dead people in this place. No, admitting her allegiance was the best thing she could do now. Denying it would be stupid; on top of that, it would take away from any control or power she could have over the people.

"Yes, I'm a Sith," she said calmly, almost quietly. Her attention returned to the princess -- was she even still a princess? "And you . . . what are you doing here? Us bumping into each other again cannot be a good sign." After all, last time she had been sent to kill someone (and hadn't), it had been because of Nadira. Now, on another mission to kill someone (or something of the sort) Nadira had popped up again. What the hell was going on?

- Darth Bane

Bal kote, darasuum kote,
Jorso'ran kando a tome.
Old 09-14-2005, 04:33 PM   #63
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Kira nodded wordlessly in response to the man's question. She turned to Nalaen. "You know her?"

Nadira stood and crossed the room, handing Kablo the money she'd promised him, and took a seat across from Nalaen.

"A second cantina," she said. "Our paths cross again."

My work in progress:

Old 09-14-2005, 04:35 PM   #64
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
The young man didn't like this, it was getting complicated, but he revealed nothing.
He gave a shrug. "Didn't seem like either actually."

Old 09-14-2005, 04:44 PM   #65
Blessèd Sith

She grunted. Didn't seem like either? That was strange. Or perhaps he didn't want to say he had assumed anything. Seemed like a safer thing to say. Besides, she had been covering her Force aura, so it would be more difficult to sense what she was. Still, she was sure with the cloak and cowl and tattoos that she looked a little like a Sith. But it didn't matter.

Turning to face Nadira, whom had sat at the table, she nodded slowly.

"Yes, our paths do cross again. And it worries me why. Last time was because of Adar." So what was it this time? Coincidence? Nalaen was Sith: she didn't believe in coincidences. There was something to this. Perhaps Nadira was someone she had to talk to, to get information about her and Kira's duty. Was Nadira somehow tied into all this? However, this was pure speculation on Nalaen's part, trying to figure this bit of a mess out.

Glancing back at Kira, she shrugged once more. "The last mission my Master sent me on. I had to kill a man who betrayed the Sith. Fool. But he had also betrayed Nadira," here she nodded to the woman sitting with them, "and so she got to kill him. It was a rather big mess, I quite enjoyed it. Luckily my orders were that my mark had to die, not necessarily that I had to kill him." Her eyes darkened and anger flared around her. "But a holocron, one we needed, was stolen. And I paid the price for that." Her eyes shot to Nadira. "Did they take yours? Assuming you had one."

- Darth Bane

Bal kote, darasuum kote,
Jorso'ran kando a tome.
Old 09-14-2005, 04:48 PM   #66
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
Great, the man thought, now I'm stuck in the middle of a confrontation.

"We going to play that last hand or not?"

Old 09-14-2005, 04:54 PM   #67
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"I didn't," Nadira answered. "But I think I may have a clue as to who has yours."

Kira leaned forward, showing her first real interest. "Who?"

"Adar's second in command has taken his place," Nadira answered. "There's a good chance that Lachlan has it." She paused for a moment. "But I have learned something else that disturbs me more than Lachlan."

My work in progress:

Old 09-14-2005, 04:59 PM   #68
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
****, here comes the damn conspiracy thought the man. Ah well, he'd help them if he could. If they'd just let them finish this damn hand.

Old 09-17-2005, 03:54 AM   #69
Blessèd Sith

Nalaen's ears perked, as did her brows as she stared at Nadira. Casually, without moving an eye, she laid down a card, making twenty on the table. Returning her full attention to the third woman, her lip twitched slightly.

"Okay, so what the hell is going on around here? Could someone explain? I was sent out -- again -- to do something that I had to figure out on the way, and find Kira doing pretty much the same thing. Then you show up and say that Kira has also lost a holocron. Bloody hell, what is happening? Can we just get to the easy part and start killing things?!"

- Darth Bane

Bal kote, darasuum kote,
Jorso'ran kando a tome.
Old 09-17-2005, 04:13 AM   #70
90SK
Universal Figment

Kablo, satisfied that the credits he had just received were more than enough to get him far away from this place, decided that Nalaen's final statement was his cue too leave. He side glanced at Nadria.

"Ah, well. Thanks..." he mumbled as he shuffled his way towards the door. This situation no longer concerned him, hopefully.

Last edited by 90SK; 09-18-2005 at 11:23 PM.
Old 09-19-2005, 11:56 AM   #71
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Nadira nodded in response to Kablo's thanks before turning back to Nalaen. She smiled faintly. "Ah, you are so much like you were when I last saw you... only interested in who you must kill. A true assassin!"

"But this is not so easy as that," she went on. "Two days ago, I confronted Lachlan meaning to kill him. He laughed in my face and told me something that frightened me greatly."

"Get on with it," Kira hissed. "You've said that twice now."

"I am not from this time frame," Nadira answered slowly. "In fact, there are multiple dimensions. I am from the future of one of these."

Kira's eyes widened and she stared at the woman sitting next to her. "What?"

"Adar and Lachlan of this dimension took me from my own and recreated my story here," Nadira explained. "They did this to free up my own dimension for the Adar and Lachlan of that dimension to take over."

Dead silence. Nadira sighed.

"I know it's confusing," she admitted.

My work in progress:

Old 09-19-2005, 08:45 PM   #72
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
After hearing the multiple dimensions thing, the man motioned to the bartender.
"Bartender, another drink here, please. A strong one."

Old 09-19-2005, 09:54 PM   #73
90SK
Universal Figment

Kablo tripped out the door, very much intent on getting to his ship and making haste to another starport. He didn't want to be involved in this mess anymore. Once he got outside the cantina he began briskly walking in the direction of the hangar.

*exit*

Old 09-19-2005, 11:19 PM   #74
Blessèd Sith

Multiple dimentions? Well . . . Nalaen supposed she could handle that one. But it was the other bit that had her kinda confused. And suspicious. They removed her from the proper time-stream to take over her power? Kingdom? Planet? Whatever, still . . . ambitious. Ingenious, really, if it didn't destroy the galaxy. Playing with the time-space continuum was really a thing left up to the Gods, and if need be, perhaps Force users. But for some stupid little petty mortals to tamper with things . . . It irked her.

Leaning closer in, she arched a brow. "Did he tell you this? Or do you know from your own recollection. It's a bit of a stretch, don't you think? Things like dimentions are not easily toyed with. Perhaps they're . . . playing with your head?" She paused in thought for a moment. "It still doesn't change the fact that they're mortal. I don't care how many times they split their presence over time. I'll kill them all."

- Darth Bane

Bal kote, darasuum kote,
Jorso'ran kando a tome.
Old 09-20-2005, 04:02 PM   #75
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"Lachlan and I fought two months ago," Nadira answered. She lifted her head, revealing her neck. There was a long scar at the center of her neck. "After giving me this, he told me what was going on."

"If you don't believe me," she went on, "there is further proof that I am not from this time frame. The Sith Hunters."

"What?" Kira snapped.

"You've not heard of them, have you?" Nadira asked. Kira's eyes narrowed and she shook her head.

"That's because they don't exist yet," Nadira explained. "In about 2000 or so years, they will appear in history. They are in my past."

"You could have made that up," Kira said suspiciously. Nadira shrugged.

"Perhaps," she said. "But if you help me return to my rightful time frame and restore my kingdom to me, you will learn how truthful I am being."

The bartender came and gave the man his drink and Kira stopped him. "I'm thinking I want one of those too."

The bartender nodded and moved away. Nadira smirked and turned to Nalaen.

"I hope I haven't driven you into drinking too?" she said.

My work in progress:

Old 09-21-2005, 04:25 AM   #76
Blessèd Sith

Nalaen snorted at Nadira's words and lifted up the strong smelling drink that had appeared before her. This waitress was amazing. She hadn't even seen the woman put the drink down: she had felt her, but had ignored it, not sensing a threat. "I don't need anyone to drive me to drink," she replied, downing the dark amber liquid. "I can do that on my own." A quick grin and a warm feeling settled over her for a brief moment. She let the feeling fade before speaking on the matter. "As for the whole time thingie, I don't have a problem with it." She hiccuped and laughed. Maybe that drink had been one too many . . . well, only one way to find out. She lifted her glass up in silent demand for yet another drink.

"I think," Nalaen pontificated slowly, swirling the drink once it arrived, then downing it quickly like its cousins; her eyes swam for a moment. "I think that this doesn't matter. What needs to be done? Furthermore, why am I helping you? I know," she stressed, leaning over to use the table to help support herself, "that you're tied into this as usual. But I still wanna know the facts. What's going on? Why are you here? What needs to be done? And why in the Gods names are two Sith supposed to help?"

- Darth Bane

Bal kote, darasuum kote,
Jorso'ran kando a tome.
Old 09-21-2005, 12:04 PM   #77
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"You're supposed to help because I can get you what was stolen from you," Nadira answered quietly. "In answer to your other questions, let me put it very simply; I don't know. I don't know why I'm here. I'm not even truly sure what needs to be done... now do you see why we can't simply kill somebody?"

"So what do we do?" Kira demanded downing the drink she'd been given.

"First thing's first," Nadira answered. "We have to find Lachlan." She grinned. "Then you'll have somebody to torture. We need information. He has it."

My work in progress:

Old 09-21-2005, 03:55 PM   #78
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
"If he's in this galaxy I can find him."

Old 09-21-2005, 08:00 PM   #79
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Kira stared at the man who had oh so casually offered to play pazaak with Nalaen, her jaw nearly hitting the table. In the end, it was actually Teri who asked the question. The girl's eyes darkened to a deeper blue and her hair changed color slightly... to a very dark brown.

"How can you do that?" she asked. As soon as the question was out of her mouth, Kira's black hair and pale blue eyes returned. Nadira stared at her, unable to hide her curiosity about what just happened, but she knew that one of them would have to wait. She turned to the man.

"If you can find him, by all means, please explain," Nadira agreed.

My work in progress:

Old 09-22-2005, 04:30 AM   #80
Blessèd Sith

Nalaen stared at the man for a moment, completely ignoring Kira's transformation. She had seen it enough to not find any specific horror in it any longer. After the moment was up, she leapt to her feet, hurling her glass at the table.

"I'm sick of this!" she shouted, not caring if the whole cantina could hear her, or were staring; which she could feel anyhow. "The Sith Lord sending me off to do work that I don't know about. These damned people always being here at the right time. What the hell is going on? Why is it no matter where I go, there's someone just waiting for me? Actually wanting me to get my job done? To help?" First she screeched, tearing at her hair then she turned on the man. She grabbed him by the shoulders and shook him none-too-gently, eyes wild. "What the hell is going on here?!"

- Darth Bane

Bal kote, darasuum kote,
Jorso'ran kando a tome.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Dantooine Theatre Company > A Second Cantina, Perhaps Some Ale, but No Sandstorm