lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Does the dev team even know what republic clone troopers are?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-15-2005, 06:23 PM   #41
Fortnox
Rookie

the "same manufacturer" is the kamino's >_> besides, even if you could get a gunship and use it in space, IT WOULD BE TOTALY USELESS! you can't use one is space! it isn't designed for it! IT CAN'T DOG FIGHT! it is designed to move like a helicopter, not really fast as needed for dog fighting! plus, the cock pit isn't sealed, the pilot would go flying out! its stupid.
Fortnox is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-15-2005, 07:10 PM   #42
DarthMuffin
Dark Cupcake of the Sith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortnox
the "same manufacturer" is the kamino's >_> besides, even if you could get a gunship and use it in space, IT WOULD BE TOTALY USELESS! you can't use one is space! it isn't designed for it! IT CAN'T DOG FIGHT! it is designed to move like a helicopter, not really fast as needed for dog fighting! plus, the cock pit isn't sealed, the pilot would go flying out! its stupid.
*Expects an EU freak to jump out of the shadows and smack you on the head, stating some crazy reasons on why gunships are the best space-superiority fighters*

If I were one of the Rebel's commanding officer, and I knew about the Kaminoans, I would order something else than a couple of gunships.

Anyway, having a gunship flying around in space, dodging shots from star destroyers and TIE fighters is just not right. I really hope the devs have a little more imagination.

~Dark Cupcake of the Sith
DarthMuffin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-15-2005, 07:12 PM   #43
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

Quote:
the "same manufacturer" is the kamino's >_>
Actually it's Rothana Heavy Engineering... the Kaminoians just contracted them.
TK-8252 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-15-2005, 08:06 PM   #44
zerted
Click Center of Circle: O

Quote:
...plus, the cock pit isn't sealed, the pilot would go flying out! its stupid.
Buckle-up. Its the law.

Explanation: joke for all the USA people whoose states require wearing seatbelts.

(I may not agree with thoughts posted under this name)
Looking for a mature clan? Checkout www.rdhclan.net
email/PM me for more info
zerted is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-15-2005, 08:27 PM   #45
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-8252
Care to show where you got your information?
What information? I only gave a suggestion, the only information i had was that Rothana Heavy engineering made them.

Quote:
Except that we do know that he wasn't.
We never saw the Rebels on Cloud City or Mos Eisley, and when were Green lightsaber Luke and Vader ever on the same battlefield? Why question Boba Fett being playable on Yavin (which is cool) and not all the inconveivable things that happened with BF1?

P.S. Gunships in space just ain't right, the only explanation that i can think of is that they put them in because they hadn't finished the Rebel space transport that is going to be in the full game.

"For where ever there is a n00b, there is MachineCult to make him cry and cringe."
- Halo_92

MachineCult is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-15-2005, 08:33 PM   #46
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachineCult
What information? I only gave a suggestion, the only information i had was that Rothana Heavy engineering made them.
Don't suggest things that you just made up right on the spot that you know are wrong.

Quote:
We never saw the Rebels on Cloud City or Mos Eisley, and when were Green lightsaber Luke and Vader ever on the same battlefield? Why question Boba Fett being playable on Yavin (which is cool) and not all the inconveivable things that happened with BF1?
Actually I do believe in the EU there were some Alliance troops who liberated Cloud City after the Empire fell but the garrison was still there. Yeah though there wasn't any Rebel vs. Imperial battles in Mos Eisely. And like I've been saying, Luke and Vader on the battlefield are wrong, just like having Boba is.
Old 09-15-2005, 08:50 PM   #47
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria

Quote:
Don't suggest things that you just made up right on the spot that you know are wrong.
You don't have to be so hostile, this is a discussion board and i was merely atemping to discuss what was being talked about, i see nothing wrong with what i said.

"For where ever there is a n00b, there is MachineCult to make him cry and cringe."
- Halo_92

Old 09-15-2005, 08:52 PM   #48
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

Quote:
You don't have to be so hostile, this is a discussion board and i was merely atemping to discuss what was being talked about, i see nothing wrong with what i said.
I fail to see how you're discussing something by making up something on the spot, basically being an apologist.
Old 09-15-2005, 09:03 PM   #49
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria

This is supposed to be a place where people can talk to each other about Battlefront and Battlefront II and all you are doing is stopping me from doing that.
If you don't agree with me tell me in a civilised way.

- Halo_92

Old 09-15-2005, 09:21 PM   #50
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

Quote:
If you don't agree with me tell me in a civilised way.
I did.

Quote:
See?
Old 09-16-2005, 10:28 AM   #51
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria

What you said was rude and unnecessary.

- Halo_92

Old 09-16-2005, 12:41 PM   #52
Fortnox
Rookie

*uses a fire extinguisher on the thread* we don't wnat to turn this into a flame argument ppl, lets forget it.

Quote:
P.S. Gunships in space just ain't right, the only explanation that i can think of is that they put them in because they hadn't finished the Rebel space transport that is going to be in the full game.
good point, hopefuly it was a temporary model repalcement for a A-Wing, B-Wing or something
Old 09-16-2005, 02:40 PM   #53
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria

Well there are already A wings in the game so hopefully it's a B wing.

- Halo_92

Old 09-16-2005, 03:54 PM   #54
ParanoidAndroid
Veteran

Location: The three dimensional geometric shaped space station of DOOM!
Well the gunship if it was used as a temporary model would probably be used to represent the rebel transport, not a B-wing (although I still hope that this is in the game) which is a starfighter. They will probably just use some obscure EU ship or maybe just make one up. I would prefer either to the clone gunship for the alliance.

Not being paranoid doesn't mean someone isn't trying to kill you... or does it?
ParanoidAndroid is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-16-2005, 04:52 PM   #55
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria

I know what you mean the Rebels having a gunship is just lazy on the developers part. The Clone Gunship isn't even a space craft so im pretty sure that they'll have replaced the gunship, and it must be EU because i can't think of anything from the movies that could be a Rebel shuttle. Maybe just an Imperial shuttle? (Tyderium) but i doubt it.

- Halo_92

Old 09-16-2005, 05:23 PM   #56
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

Quote:
What you said was rude and unnecessary.
Nope.

I've been here for years. I know what's acceptable to say and what's not.
Old 09-16-2005, 05:44 PM   #57
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria

We've dropped it ok? I just didn't like the way you were talking to me.

- Halo_92

Old 09-16-2005, 05:58 PM   #58
DarthMuffin
Dark Cupcake of the Sith

It's amazing to see how TK is talented when it comes down to starting bloody debates

We don't want to get this locked, so we'd better go back on topic.

Debating over whether or not the gunship will fly in space is, as of now, pointless. We don't even know if it will be like that in the retail version of the game. Like someone must have said since the creation of this thread, we should continue this after the game is released.

~Dark Cupcake of the Sith
DarthMuffin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-16-2005, 11:20 PM   #59
ParanoidAndroid
Veteran

A captured imperial shuttle, maybe marked with the rebel logo, might work. It would certainly make more sense then the Rebublic gunship, although would it really be to much to ask for them to give the rebels there own unique transport?

Old 09-17-2005, 05:26 AM   #60
Fortnox
Rookie

though the imperial shuttle would be totaly useless. slow, weak, low weapons, not designed to dog fight, just to get important pepole from A to B.
Old 09-17-2005, 11:21 PM   #61
zerted

Any unit or vehicle may be in space. The units just might be dead, and I don't think dead units are good at flying ships, but I could be wrong.

Old 09-18-2005, 04:58 AM   #62
Fortnox
Rookie

rofl, tho on a side note you can only have pilots and basic toopers in space (as in, Storm Pilot + Storm Trooper, Rebel Pilot+ Rebel, Droid Pilot+ SBD, etc.)
Old 09-18-2005, 06:37 AM   #63
HordaK
Rookie

and the Pilots have Timebombs, i saw that in one of the videos
HordaK is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-18-2005, 07:37 AM   #64
ParanoidAndroid
Veteran

yeah, and for some reason they gave the soldier class a rocket launcher during space battles.

Last edited by ParanoidAndroid; 09-18-2005 at 09:21 AM.
Old 09-18-2005, 09:04 AM   #65
Redtech
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HordaK
They are not just called Clones :-P
Well, technically they are genetically modified on the germline (and possibly somatic cell line) which means their DNA is different from Jango, so technically, they are GMOs. :P

I am the definition of your defeat.
Redtech is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-23-2005, 05:58 PM   #66
Fortnox
Rookie

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/s...nt2/media.html
we have more examples of the teams stupidity, Magna Gaurds holding weapons, 501st on Felucia, Aayla with 2 sabers... when will the blatant disregaurd for Star Wars end?
Old 09-25-2005, 11:14 AM   #67
Redtech
Veteran

"Cry me a river." All opffence intended, but GET A LIFE. BAttlefront isn't a sim, it's an arcade team-based shooter.

Old 09-25-2005, 01:22 PM   #68
Fortnox
Rookie

your point? its a very stupid team-based shooter. geeesh, a Star Wars sim? thatd suck. "yay my stormtrooper got +1 cooking! now I can cook raw Bantha!"
Old 09-25-2005, 03:02 PM   #69
HordaK
Rookie

Well i really think he didnt mean sim in meaning of the little sucky "Sims" i think he meant it as Star Wars Simulation....but dont say it 2 loud....maybe some day LA tries to get more money with a new Game "The Star Wars Sims"...."Create ur own imperial Family, get a job in Darth Vaders Star Destroyer and meet ur neighbours for new Friendships...." Well a Sims clone based on Star Wars....anyway it would be fun to phone Vader and invite him to ur Stormtrooper Party

but this wents to much off topic
HordaK is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-25-2005, 03:16 PM   #70
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

Quote:
now I can cook raw Bantha!"
Tasty.
Old 09-25-2005, 04:21 PM   #71
Fortnox
Rookie

Quote:
Tasty.
not really, have you ever tasted raw cooked Bantha? its worse that Bantha Poodo, partaly because Banthas eat Bantha Poodo.
Old 09-26-2005, 12:58 AM   #72
YourBestFriend
Rookie

Quote:
P.S. Gunships in space just ain't right...
Just to chime in on this, they had Gunships in space in the Clonewars cartoon. Just close the side doors and you're ready to go! Of course they would suck in a dogfight (slow and low HP), but being a transport ship, that is the point.
YourBestFriend is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-26-2005, 01:32 AM   #73
ET Warrior
PhD in horribleness

LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
Quote:
raw cooked Bantha?
Contradiction of terms, neh?

Cows eat grass, cows taste > grass. Your logic doesn't hold up.

ET Warrior is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-26-2005, 04:56 AM   #74
Redtech
Veteran

Cows=tasty!

Fortnox, I meant that BF2 is not going to be a realistic simulation of the events of Star Wars, because the movies aren't realistic. In a three on one fight, the US Marine corps would out gun any Storm trooper that even tried to lift it's blaster. The rebels would always win in the end, the droids would always loose...ho-hum.

The way I see it, the best thing is to screw history and let it play out, what if the CIS had claimed Kamino, or Grievous had won the battle of Coruscant, so on and so forth. It's much more entertaining.

But with realism, all soldiers would be fighting on a level that would make the Iraq wars look pleasant. I mean, in real life I should be able to make suicide rebels rigged with thermal detonators, or for Storm trooper armour to actually be effective, or for the CIS to have developed some anti-human WMDs against unsuited clones, so on and so forth.

There's "Star Wars" realism, which is to say, little, or there's "Real-life" realism, which is messy, bloody and cruel, although personally, if I was Grievous, I would have ordered all ships to neutron nuke Coruscant and win the Clone Wars in less than 10 minutes, but that's just me.

Old 09-26-2005, 08:59 AM   #75
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redtech
In a three on one fight, the US Marine corps would out gun any Storm trooper that even tried to lift it's blaster.
Except that Stormtrooper armor is bullet-proof, and the bullets would never even penetrate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtech
or for the CIS to have developed some anti-human WMDs against unsuited clones, so on and so forth.
Actually they did. They put it inside these big droids and had them do suicide runs at the clones. Clones blow up the droid, boom - toxin goes everywhere.
Old 09-26-2005, 09:10 AM   #76
Pho3nix
#rekt

10 year veteran! 
They screwed up, end of story.

Pho3nix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-26-2005, 10:41 AM   #77
Redtech
Veteran

Hey Pho3nix, you read VGCats too? Cool.
-------------------------------
TK, just adding...

Wait, suicide bombers in Star Wars? You'll be telling me there's a 911 scene in Ep 3 now? It wasn't something Lucas created I'm sure. *shrugs*

Can't say that Stormie armour gives much protection if even stones dropped from height can brain one, (Ewok power!) and a decent machine gun round can penetrate vehicles. Heck, a heavy assault rifle will kill anything bar a tank and non-grounded aircraft. (OK and ships, to be fussy).

Old 09-26-2005, 11:22 AM   #78
Pho3nix
#rekt

10 year veteran! 
Hmmh, yes. :P

Pho3nix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-26-2005, 05:54 PM   #79
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

Quote:
Wait, suicide bombers in Star Wars? You'll be telling me there's a 911 scene in Ep 3 now? It wasn't something Lucas created I'm sure. *shrugs*
Quote:
Originally Posted by SW.com Databank
Early in the war, that trait was employed in suicide runs by octuptarra droids towards clone trooper enemies. The Separatists had developed biological weapons that specifically targeted the identical genome shared by all the clone troopers. The central hollows within the ball-shaped brains of the octuptarra droid stored the virus in gaseous form, earning these droids the nickname of virus droids.
Not seen in the movies but still just a little story...

Quote:
Can't say that Stormie armour gives much protection if even stones dropped from height can brain one, (Ewok power!) and a decent machine gun round can penetrate vehicles. Heck, a heavy assault rifle will kill anything bar a tank and non-grounded aircraft. (OK and ships, to be fussy).
I'm sure .50 cal would do the trick, but a standard M16 couldn't puncture it. And hey, the armor may be strong, but it ain't impact-resistant. Rocks don't count!
Old 09-26-2005, 10:36 PM   #80
zerted

Quote:
...I'm sure .50 cal would do the trick, but a standard M16 couldn't puncture it. And hey, the armor may be strong, but it ain't impact-resistant. Rocks don't count!
Simple solution: Its a type of a Goa'uld design. Lasers and bullets move fast, so they are stopped. Rocks are slow and get through. (Though the lasers burn through after a few shots. Afterall, its the enegry shield in the form of wearable armor, not an energy bubble)

"Goa'uld Energy Shield
All Goa'uld capital ships and some Goa'uld leaders utilize energy shielding for protection. In the case of personal shielding, the shield's power is directly proportional to the kinetic energy of the projectile it is blocking. This makes the shield powerless against slow moving projectiles, like arrows.
" from Stargate at Wikipedia

I don't think we can compare laser based weapons with bullet guns. We do have laser weapons, but nothing like Star Wars'.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > SWBattlefront.net (SWBF I & II) > Star Wars Battlefront II > General Discussion > Does the dev team even know what republic clone troopers are?