lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: How are you going to buy KotOR III?
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-27-2005, 09:00 AM   #41
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?
 
Prime's Avatar
 
Status: Super Moderator
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Cybertron
Posts: 12,349
Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
PC all the way.

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-28-2005, 08:25 AM   #42
darth-enigmus
Rookie
 
darth-enigmus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: On my website
Posts: 29
If it's out on PC then goody goody!
I fear it won't come out on Xbox and will jump to the Xbox 360


:shock1: ::

Yeah, Emoticons are good

My webpage, The Star Wars Role Play Central!!!
darth-enigmus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-28-2005, 09:51 AM   #43
Drinking Sith
Rookie
 
Drinking Sith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Knights of the old republic
Posts: 34
I dont have an X-Box and even if i had i would buy it for PC so i go for PC !
Drinking Sith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-28-2005, 10:57 PM   #44
The Doctor
Retired
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 4,415
Current Game: Skyrim
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mira Dona
Deffinately the PC, even though Xbox will undoubtedly get it first.
Ya, that sucks! It should come out for PC first! Both KotOR games sucked on the Xbox, so to make more people happy, it should come out for PC first.
The Doctor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-28-2005, 10:58 PM   #45
90SK
Universal Figment
 
90SK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Somewhere...
Posts: 4,383
Current Game: Tetris
^^^
Yeh, but it makes more $$$ for LA and Microsoft.

90SK is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-28-2005, 11:04 PM   #46
The Doctor
Retired
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 4,415
Current Game: Skyrim
Forum Veteran 
They'll get the money from releasing it on Xbox anyway, but more people like it for PC I'll bet, so that inspires consumer loyalty in more people. Besides, does Bill Gates need any more money?
The Doctor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-28-2005, 11:18 PM   #47
lukeiamyourdad
Using Teletraan I
 
lukeiamyourdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Montréal, Québec, Canada
Posts: 8,274
LFN Staff Member 
Now now, we know how an X Box vs PC thread can end up like. Let's just drop that discussion, we've already had enough the last time and it was pretty nasty.


http://www.marioramos.ca/ -A friend of mine and an aspiring filmmaker.
lukeiamyourdad is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-28-2005, 11:26 PM   #48
90SK
Universal Figment
 
90SK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Somewhere...
Posts: 4,383
Current Game: Tetris
Seriously. They should make it against the rules. That one thread was really grim, and way too drawn out.

But yeah, like I said: PC for the mods and modding.

90SK is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2005, 11:25 AM   #49
FunSolo
Junior Member
 
FunSolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: germany
Posts: 317
PC (prolly buyin at amazon like everytime cause they mostly deliver games at the release dates)
FunSolo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-03-2005, 06:10 PM   #50
Shrub91
Rookie
 
Shrub91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: United States of America
Posts: 147
For Mac, ............... hopefully..................
Shrub91 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-04-2005, 12:59 PM   #51
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem
 
Jae Onasi's Avatar
 
Status: Super Moderator
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 10,912
Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
PC for me---
a. no Xbox (maybe when the kids get older we'll get one)
b. I like playing with all the mods you all make for the games. Too fun!


From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Jae Onasi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-04-2005, 05:02 PM   #52
chaleur
Rookie
 
chaleur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Vancouver, BC (home) Calgary, AB (school) San Francisco, CA (work)
Posts: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSkye
^^^
Yeh, but it makes more $$$ for LA and Microsoft.
Erm. I suspect this is only half right. It makes more $$$ for LA, because Microsoft pays them a lot of money to do it that way. For Microsoft, it gets market share.

As in, you say, "I really want to play KotOR III, but I'll have to wait three more months before it comes out for the PC! I guess I'll go buy an XBox 360." Then you go out and buy your XBox 360. Microsoft probably takes a loss here (both on the XBox 360 unit, and on the game, because they paid LA so much money). However, you now own an XBOX 360, which makes it less likely that you will go out and buy a PS3.

Playstation 3 is scheduled for "Spring 2006". That will probably either be around GDC (in march) or it could be around E3 (in may). Look for KotOR III (if it's going to come out in 2006), and some other snazzy titles, to be announced at the same time as XBox only, or XBox first. In fact, I wouldn't be at all surprised if KotOR III ends up being XBox only. I hope not, but I know better than to understimate how much Microsoft wants to clobber PS3, and the months between the November 22 XBox 360 launch and the PS3 launch are their key window for stealing market share.

Like it or no, Microsoft is very smart about stuff like this. They will probably lose money on the XBox 360 for some time after its release, just to get market share.


--
KotOR ICON CREDITS: Some people have talent. The rest of us steal stuff.
chaleur is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-06-2005, 04:25 PM   #53
The Doctor
Retired
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 4,415
Current Game: Skyrim
Forum Veteran 
Ya, but nobody is going to buy the PS3 because Playstation SUCKS (IMO).
The Doctor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-06-2005, 08:15 PM   #54
Kain
I'm a ghost
 
Kain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 4,269
Current Game: Not so much.
Forum Veteran 10 year veteran! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor
Ya, but nobody is going to buy the PS3 because Playstation SUCKS (IMO).
Yeah because XBox is the Billy Badass of gaming
Kain is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-06-2005, 09:11 PM   #55
chaleur
Rookie
 
chaleur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Vancouver, BC (home) Calgary, AB (school) San Francisco, CA (work)
Posts: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain
Yeah because XBox is the Billy Badass of gaming
U 5Ux0RZ!!11! Dreamcast all the way!



--
KotOR ICON CREDITS: Some people have talent. The rest of us steal stuff.
chaleur is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-06-2005, 09:31 PM   #56
The Doctor
Retired
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 4,415
Current Game: Skyrim
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain
Yeah because XBox is the Billy Badass of gaming
I don't particularly like Xbox either, I prefer Nintendo myself, but I'm not going to buy the revolutions. I'll stick to the N64 and Gamecuse, thanks, even though they're not the most powerful systems with the best graphics. I love Nintendo. Always have, always will.
But, all in all, the PC is the best, but let's not start that again.
The Doctor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-07-2005, 02:45 PM   #57
ChAiNz.2da
Leave Everything to Me!
 
ChAiNz.2da's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Tennessee (USA)
Posts: 6,848
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor
but let's not start that again.
Good Advice

Let's not start a Console vs Console vs PC debate guys & gals.. it gets old (and threads get closed)

Back on topic


"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"


| Mods (FF) (DS) | Folding | SWK.com | FB: (LF) (Me) | Steam | The Herd |
ChAiNz.2da is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-12-2005, 08:45 PM   #58
Johnny Couth
Lurker
 
Johnny Couth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 5
I'll sell my body till I can get it for the new xbox.



This is the story you won't tell the kids we'll never have.
Johnny Couth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > How are you going to buy KotOR III?

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:08 AM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.