lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Locking an item in
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-18-2005, 07:15 PM   #1
Darth_Enix
Rookie

Arrow Locking an item in

In KOTOR II, Mandalore's Armour is locked onto Mandalore, you can't take it off. If was wondering if it was possible to do that in the first KOTOR, and if it is, how do I do it?

"There is no Peace; there is Conflict.

There is no Harmony; there is Sorrow.

There is no Pleasure; there is Pain.

There is no Life; there is Death.

There is no Love; there is only Betrayal." - Darth Enix

"It is such a quiet thing, to fall. But far more terrible is to admit it." - Darth Traya.
Darth_Enix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-18-2005, 08:48 PM   #2
Lando Griffin

u mean make mandalore for the first game...no. But to reserve for one person yes thats posible. u just make it pc restricted with the kotor tool. and then only u can use it.

Oblivion, Dark Brother Hood Quest

Lando Griffin: "Rumors"
Lucien Lachance: "Brother, theres no time for rumors, im going to die!"

Dont f*** with Picard!!!!!!
Lando Griffin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-18-2005, 09:32 PM   #3
Jackel

Lando: Enix is asking how does he make it so an item a person is carrying is not removable for K1 in the same way Mandalores armour is not removeable from Mandalore in K2.

Enix: I haven't looked at Mandalores utc file so can't help you there sorry but I think a few others have been able to make his armour removable so they could point out what they changed from the original files.
Jackel is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-18-2005, 09:35 PM   #4
Fred Tetra
Kotor Tool Guy

Hot Topic Starter LFN Staff Member Helpful! Notable contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackel
Lando: Enix is asking how does he make it so an item a person is carrying is not removable for K1 in the same way Mandalores armour is not removeable from Mandalore in K2.

Enix: I haven't looked at Mandalores utc file so can't help you there sorry but I think a few others have been able to make his armour removable so they could point out what they changed from the original files.
Isn't that what the "dropable" flag is for on inventory items; to prevent an item from being removed?

Kotor Tool Developer
http://kotortool.starwarsknights.com/

"You want to help everyone who asks for aid, answer all of their questions, write that crucial bit of code for which they're searching, and be the hero who saves the day (and their job), but there comes a point when you realize that sleep is sometimes necessary."
—Stephen Toub

Visit the Kotor Tool Forum
Fred Tetra is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-18-2005, 09:46 PM   #5
Darth_Enix
Rookie

If you mean right clicking one of the inventory squares (such as the left hand), I didn't know about that before, but I just unticked 'droppable', she I'll see next time I test it out. Thanx if it works.

"There is no Peace; there is Conflict.

There is no Harmony; there is Sorrow.

There is no Pleasure; there is Pain.

There is no Life; there is Death.

There is no Love; there is only Betrayal." - Darth Enix

"It is such a quiet thing, to fall. But far more terrible is to admit it." - Darth Traya.
Darth_Enix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-18-2005, 09:49 PM   #6
stoffe
Network Caretaker

Helpful! 10 year veteran! Notable contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Tetra
Isn't that what the "dropable" flag is for on inventory items; to prevent an item from being removed?
No, it just prevents the item from being dropped as loot when the creature dies, it does not prevent unequipping the item.

Preventing an equipment slot from being changed by the player is done in the appearance.2da file on a per appearancetype basis by setting bitflags in the equipslotslocked column.

Add together the numbers between the paranthesises below for the slots you wish to lock and put the resulting sum in that column, where:

Head (1)
Body (2)
Unknown (4)
Hands (8)
Right Weapon (16)
Left Weapon (32)
Unknown (64)
Left forearm (128)
Right forearm (256)
Implant (512)
Belt (1024)

Remember that this will only prevent the item from being unequipped/equipped on the inventory screen. A script calling ActionUnequipItem() will still remove it, and using ActionEquipItem() will put an item in that slot anyway.

I think that feature is something they added in TSL though, so my guess would be that no, it's not possible to do in KotOR1.

Last edited by stoffe -mkb-; 09-18-2005 at 11:41 PM.
stoffe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-19-2005, 11:52 AM   #7
tk102
Well past expiration date

Current Game: Assassin's Creed 4
Forum Veteran Helpful! Notable contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoffe -mkb-
I think that feature is something they added in TSL though, so my guess would be that no, it's not possible to do in KotOR1.
That's right Stoffe. The equipslotslocked column isn't present in KotOR's appearance.2da.
tk102 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Locking an item in