lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: More KOTOR III Possibilty News! (KOTOR MMO Confirmed?)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-26-2007, 12:55 PM   #561
Jediphile
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentScope001
Wouldn't it be ironic if they announce TSL: The Special Edition, with all the cut content, instead of K3?
I think that would anger some people actually.
Aye.

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built" - Kreia

Visit my KotOR blog at Deadly Forums.
Jediphile is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-28-2007, 03:06 PM   #562
Miles Edgeworth
Rookie

Nothing terribly exciting, but someone asked a LucasArts rep in the Fan Club Lounge at C4 about KOTOR III. He said not to worry, that they haven't forgotten about the franchise and fully intend to continue with the series.
Miles Edgeworth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-28-2007, 09:02 PM   #563
Sith_Reven
Rookie

Well I found something promising. My words at the moment don't do it justice so please take a look for yourself. Read through the whole thing. I apologize in advance if this was already found, BUT it is quite recent.

http://www.xbox360rally.com/kotor-3-...pment-schwing/

Savior, conquerer, Hero, Villian... You are all things Revan, and yet you are nothing. In the end you belong to neither the darkness nor the light. You will forever stand alone.
-Malak
Sith_Reven is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-28-2007, 11:23 PM   #564
Titanius Anglesmith
Kingslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith_Reven
Well I found something promising. My words at the moment don't do it justice so please take a look for yourself. Read through the whole thing. I apologize in advance if this was already found, BUT it is quite recent.

http://www.xbox360rally.com/kotor-3-...pment-schwing/
Fake. Not only does the author of the article say that "'a man' claims that he has and old colleague working at Pandemic, and that this colleague has learned that the order to develop the KotOR 3 website has been given!" (doesn't sound too trustworthy to me), but that we can expect KotOR III by the end of this year. If that was true, that would give KotOR III barely over 6 months of developing time, which is obviously not enough time to make a game this size.

As I've said before, you shouldn't believe anything like this unless it comes directly from the mouths of LA or whoever develops K3.
Titanius Anglesmith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-29-2007, 03:42 AM   #565
HappyMojo
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terracentral
If any game company made KOTOR 3 I bet 10000 credits that it would be a best seller. Mainly by the fans of Kotor and Lucas.

But KOTORU would have Tattoo's, hydrolics for the Ebon Hawk and Rap cantina music
LOL! Yeah, pimp up the Ebon Hawk and go cap some Stormtrooper dogs! BIACH! ! :P
Uh, and a bunch of Siths doing force-lightning while doing hand signals... Oh the glory!

Currently working on: [Fic] Honour Bound
HappyMojo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-29-2007, 06:01 AM   #566
Simon92
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagerWeasel
Fake. Not only does the author of the article say that "'a man' claims that he has and old colleague working at Pandemic, and that this colleague has learned that the order to develop the KotOR 3 website has been given!" (doesn't sound too trustworthy to me), but that we can expect KotOR III by the end of this year. If that was true, that would give KotOR III barely over 6 months of developing time, which is obviously not enough time to make a game this size.

As I've said before, you shouldn't believe anything like this unless it comes directly from the mouths of LA or whoever develops K3.
The give away that this man is lying is that his Xbox live monicker is "Dizney Sux". How can you believe someone that a game is being made when his he goes by the name "Dizney Sux"?
Simon92 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-02-2007, 12:08 PM   #567
p0hh
Lurker

I really don't understand what's Lucasarts up to. No word about K3 in their festival-thing, no more "to-be-announced" games in their E3 lineup. Years are going by and still nothing. Even not hope.

Why have they put K3 aside? There is so much potential in it, there are so many fans waiting for it and the market would be more than big enough for it.

To look at their E3 lineup: I mean, seriously, WTF is Fracture or whatever it's name was? The concept is boring and cheap, in my opinion. Secondly, another SW Lego game? It's only a silly platformer, what's with the mass production of sequels? They make one every year. And last, there is no single PC game on the list. I would play that force unleashed thing, but no, it's console only. They are really headed to the bottom.

I really don't post much on these boards. I read it occasionally to find some news about K3. But I just wanted to get these thoughts off my chest. I'm not much of a gamer also, but K3 is the only game I really wait and would like to play.
p0hh is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-02-2007, 01:03 PM   #568
Char Ell
Force Enlightened

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Folder extraordinaire Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by p0hh
I really don't understand what's Lucasarts up to. No word about K3 in their festival-thing, no more "to-be-announced" games in their E3 lineup. Years are going by and still nothing. Even not hope.

Why have they put K3 aside? There is so much potential in it, there are so many fans waiting for it and the market would be more than big enough for it.
The continued lack of solid KotOR 3 info even frustrates LF lurkers. I share your frustration but I haven't lost hope for the next KotOR. My take on the situation with KotOR 3 is that it's not high on LucasArts' priority list right now. The LA powers-that-be have made a conscious decision to not develop games for PC at the present time. Something about the minimum hardware spec of the installed base of PC's not being high enough for the kind of games they want to develop. And I'm hoping they're delaying KotOR 3 because they still plan on releasing it for PC.

We also know that LucasArts plans on releasing only 2 SW games per year starting this year I believe.

For 2007 the announced SW games are SW Battlefront: Renegade Squadron for PSP and LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga for PS 3, Xbox 360, and Wii as well as DS.

For 2008 there is only one announced SW game thus far which is of course the much-hyped Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. The other slot is still TBA but if the rumors are true and Free Radical is developing Star Wars Battlefront 3 then that may fill the other open slot. There is also the almost foregone conclusion that LucasArts will be developing games to support the two new SW TV series, the 3D animated one debuting in 2008 and the live-action one scheduled for 2009.

All indications are still that LucasArts will make KotOR 3 happen sometime down the road though at this point I think it's likely the earliest we could see KotOR 3 is 2009.
Char Ell is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-02-2007, 11:29 PM   #569
AnonymousFlash
Lurker

And by then, it will have been 5 years since TSL. Many people will have moved on. I honestly don't see KOTOR 3 happening no matter how much I want it to.
AnonymousFlash is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-03-2007, 03:19 AM   #570
playloud
Rookie

I agree. With no mention of KOTOR 3 at Celebration IV, I have pretty much given up hope. I don't understand how they will release two Lego games (since TSL was released) without at least giving a hint at a new KOTOR game (a superior series on every level).

Unfortunately, there is nothing any of us can do. Life goes on.

I am also quite pissed about the trend of console only games. I put a lot of money into my PC. As I understand it, the Xbox 360 is a DirectX platform? Wouldn't that make it rather simple to port something over to the PC? I too would love to play The Force Unleashed, or Mass Effect. I would buy those games the day they are launched. Unfortunately, I don't care to buy a console, as I do not have an HDTV, and there would only be a couple of games I would be interested in anyway.

Unfortunately, there is nothing any of us can do. Life goes on.

Time now to forget about Star Wars for a while, continue my Cisco Networking studies, get my CCNA cert, and try to find a job (nearly impossible) that pays better.

playloud is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-03-2007, 05:09 AM   #571
05arsenal
Lurker

I was told by a journalist to wait till E3. If it doesnt happen then, there is no hope.

P.S the site was www.rumorreporter.com

Last edited by RedHawke; 06-05-2007 at 02:00 AM.
05arsenal is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-03-2007, 06:17 AM   #572
p0hh
Lurker

Yeah, well I've been reading the Lucasarts' forums also and the recent decisions of LA have pissed almost everyone off. Nobody really wants those "new" games they're developing. People are only waiting for Kotor3, Battlefront3 and even Republic Commando 2 - the games that have brought LA success in the past.

Either there is a really subtle and smart plan behind all this or these guys are just plain marketing idiots.
p0hh is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-03-2007, 06:55 AM   #573
Gargoyle King
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by playloud
I don't understand how they will release two Lego games (since TSL was released) without at least giving a hint at a new KOTOR game (a superior series on every level).
Lego Star Wars Kicked Ass! Seriously though, i can't see how you can compare them, considering both series of games have a very different approach in gamplaying styles (LSW more of a joky appeal, KOTOR a more serious one). Besides, the KOTOR series aren't the best to grace the Star Wars scene, that would have to go to the JK series by far in my opinion.

I'm content with KOTOR 1 & 2 (especially numuro dos with TSLRP on the horizon ). I doubt LA want a KOTOR 3 with other projects far more imporatant on their list (Force Unleashed etc.) If it never gets released, i suppose the modding community could have a crack at making a third themselves anyway.
Gargoyle King is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-03-2007, 10:09 AM   #574
HK-42
HK47+Marvin=

Current Game: AssassinsCreed,kotor
Hot Topic Starter 
According to Wikipedia there is a rumour for a Kotor MMORPG.

HK-42 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-03-2007, 10:25 AM   #575
AnonymousFlash
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Saruman
According to Wikipedia there is a rumour for a Kotor MMORPG.
Which would stink IMO, an MMORPG just wouldn't feel like KOTOR.
AnonymousFlash is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-05-2007, 03:33 PM   #576
Miles Edgeworth
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutmeister
For 2008 there is only one announced SW game thus far which is of course the much-hyped Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. The other slot is still TBA but if the rumors are true and Free Radical is developing Star Wars Battlefront 3 then that may fill the other open slot.
No, the other one is an Indy game.
Miles Edgeworth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-05-2007, 03:38 PM   #577
Titanius Anglesmith
Kingslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana_Revan77
No, the other one is an Indy game.
LA has said they'll announce 2 Star Wars games a year. Indy isn't a Star Wars game, and since they've only announced TFU for '08, there must be another.
Old 06-08-2007, 11:09 AM   #578
05arsenal
Lurker

http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=165554

some more kotor 3 possibility
05arsenal is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-08-2007, 11:31 AM   #579
Gargoyle King
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05arsenal
I ain't believing any of it until confirmed by LA or even better, it's actual release.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:06 PM   #580
Master Zionosis
Relax On Air

Current Game: TR 8: Underworld
Contest winner - Modding 
KOTOR 3 tipped for Christmas

I was emailed the newsletter from CVG, the article is as follows:

A rumour has arisen in the US Official Xbox Magazine suggesting that the third title in BioWare's awesome KOTOR series could be with us as soon as Christmas or at least in 2008.

Towards the end of April we reported that BioWare had formed a new internal studio to create a Star Wars: Knight of the Old Republic massively multiplayer online game. No further details were reported and BioWare still remain tight-lipped on anything to do with any possible new KOTOR games and what platforms they might appear on, though you've got to think that Xbox 360 is a safe bet.

Still, that hasn't stopped the US press reporting fresh rumours regarding the third title in the RPG series. From what was said in our comments section about the MMO, it seemed as though most of you were holding out for KOTOR 3 rather than a massively multiplayer online game.

Is your wish about to come true? Should we expect to hear something KOTOR-related at Microsoft's conference at E3 next month? Should we just stop talking about it until BioWare coughs up the goods? Probably.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=165554

This is exiting news!

Master Zionosis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-08-2007, 12:09 PM   #581
glovemaster
Now-a-days GroovyCarrot

Current Game: No time for games, sadly
Helpful! 
*glove has a heart attack, but comes back because he wants to mod the game.. lol*
Wow, awesome news!!! It hit me harder when you said on msn but..

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

If you're looking for any of the junk I did a few years ago; you can probably still find it all on filefront
glovemaster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-08-2007, 12:17 PM   #582
John Skywalker
Rookie

If this is true then this would be REALLY GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! as glovemaster said:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

But theres no point getting hopes up since there has been rumours ever since KoTOR 2 came out,so at the moment one can only hope.
John Skywalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-08-2007, 12:44 PM   #583
Gargoyle King
Veteran

If only it were true, if only.....
I hope this information is genuine, i won't however hold my breath until official confirmation by LA or it's actual release.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:02 PM   #584
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

Well, every month we get a a new rumor on when K3 is coming. Its the case of "If we do it enough times one of it will be true"

But seriously, I will believe it when I see it. That, and christmas will not be a good time. I would rather see a delay, than yet another rushed job.
PoiuyWired is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-08-2007, 01:11 PM   #585
Gargoyle King
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoiuyWired
I would rather see a delay, than yet another rushed job.
Agreed, besides we don't want to wait for a K3RP because of a botched job!
Old 06-08-2007, 01:30 PM   #586
John Galt

This looks quite promising. Perhaps E3 next month will tell whether its true or not.

WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!11ONE

Wer mit Ungeheuern kämpft, mag zusehn, dass er nicht dabei zum Ungeheuer wird. Und wenn du lange in einen Abgrund blickst, blickt der Abgrund auch in dich hinein. -Friedrich Nietzsche, Jenseits von Gut und Böse
John Galt is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-08-2007, 02:22 PM   #587
Vaelastraz
Veteran

I'd be disappointed if it was true. Kotor III a MMORPG? Bah!
Vaelastraz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-08-2007, 03:32 PM   #588
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
05arsenal posted this link in the K3 poss' news thread earlier, still exited though!
well optimistic at least.
adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-08-2007, 08:01 PM   #589
Master Zionosis
Relax On Air

Current Game: TR 8: Underworld
Contest winner - Modding 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaelastraz
I'd be disappointed if it was true. Kotor III a MMORPG? Bah!
I think you misread it, the MMORPG was a different issue, this is the good old fashioned KotOR 1 & 2 style single player they are talking about, but K3

Master Zionosis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-08-2007, 08:24 PM   #590
Hipmonlee
Rookie

I'm a bit skeptical about this whole thing tbh. Not only does the article not quote an official source, but i'd also say that if a game was to come for Christmas, we'd have heard something by now (Unless LA was being very cautious about it, which is possible, i suppose)

It'd be extremely cool if it happened, though!
Hipmonlee is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-08-2007, 08:48 PM   #591
Titanius Anglesmith
Kingslayer

I really hope this isn't true.

Why? BioWare.

Besides, BioWare has said before that they have never been in development, and have no plans to start development, of KotOR III.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:14 PM   #592
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoiuyWired
Well, every month we get a a new rumor on when K3 is coming. Its the case of "If we do it enough times one of it will be true"

Yeah. I wont get much fate until, one beautiful day, I open up LA website and then "Kotor return home with Bioware it's third game!" window pops up on my screen. I suppose that would make sense, even if it's a rumor based on a rumor (Kotor MMO (supposed) is actually Kotor 3 (supposed)).

I would love it, though, and Bioware would have the duty of making it even better than Mass Effect.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-08-2007, 09:37 PM   #593
Ferc Kast
Modder

Helpful! Forum Veteran Contest winner - Fan Fiction Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by master zionosis
I think you misread it, the MMORPG was a different issue, this is the good old fashioned KotOR 1 & 2 style single player they are talking about, but K3
I truely hope this rumor is true. If it is:

Ferc Kast is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-08-2007, 09:51 PM   #594
Char Ell
Force Enlightened

LFN Staff Member Folder extraordinaire Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Who has the the latest issue of OXM, the source CVG cites for this rumor? I'd like to get it straight from the source if I could.

Whatever the case, BioWare employees have openly stated on their forums that they're not working on KotOR 3. I tend to think they weren't flat out lying to everyone.

Want to battle against cancer and other chronic diseases? Join Team LFN!

Char Ell is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-08-2007, 10:02 PM   #595
SilentScope001
May The Force Serve You.

You know what? I'm seriously doubting a release of K3 in the next two years. Maybe, well, it's not really that important in the grand scheme of things. Sure, K3 could make some money as a cult hit, but there are bigger fish to fry, and new IP is better than old and worn out IP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Onion
"The Cambodian government has established many exciting-sounding 're-education camps' where both intellectuals and everyday citizens can be sent at any time," Day said. Well, we at Barnes & Noble have always supported re-education in America, and we intend to extend this policy to our new customers." For every hardcover book sold, Barnes & Noble will donate a dollar to the Cambodian government to help re-educate local children.
Full Article Here
SilentScope001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-08-2007, 10:02 PM   #596
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
Quote:

As I said on the other thread: This a rumor based upon another rumor. I won't believe on it, nor count up with it 'til official note.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-08-2007, 10:37 PM   #597
Fuu
resident "anti-troll"

Helpful! 
How many times has this been said again? C'mon people. I am surprised that anyone falls for this "K3 release" stuff anymore. I'm sure we'd all love to see it, but until LA drops the info I'm not holding my breath.

[FIC] A Jedi's Promise

Jae sez: GAL= get a life
Fuu sez: GIG= get a girlfriend
Fuu is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-08-2007, 10:40 PM   #598
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
Merging "Kotor 3 tipped for Christmas" with this thread.

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Jae Onasi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-09-2007, 12:52 PM   #599
Samurai DD

Cult hit? Look at the figures please. And as much as I'd love seeing it made by BioWare, it'll probably be Obsidian again, or even another studio before it's BioWare.
Samurai DD is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-16-2007, 02:10 AM   #600
deadman8011
Lurker

Wink

I hope they work out all the kinks though. Maybe a better storyline (more open-ended). I personally am a Star Wars freak and I would like to see some more movie elements. It would be cool if they had more in terms of character customization.
deadman8011 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > More KOTOR III Possibilty News! (KOTOR MMO Confirmed?)