lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: More KOTOR III Possibilty News! (KOTOR MMO Confirmed?)
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-22-2007, 10:59 PM   #601
Devilsfanatic
Junior Member
 
Devilsfanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 260
I don't want anyone to take this as fact or anything, it's just something I heard through a Microsoft Rep. I asked about KOTOR and got the standard "Microsoft does not comment on rumors and speculations." I said I'm not asking about rumors and such but just do you think that something is going to come out in the next year or so and he said "Keep your ears to the ground" so maybe something might possibly be up sometime. I work at Best Buy and we had the reps from companies in doing vendor days. It's just idle chatter, but I thought something worth at least mentioning.


Darth Milhouse
Devilsfanatic is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-23-2007, 12:31 AM   #602
John Galt
Junior Member
 
John Galt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Galt's Gulch
Posts: 474
good news, good news. E3 may tell.





Wer mit Ungeheuern kämpft, mag zusehn, dass er nicht dabei zum Ungeheuer wird. Und wenn du lange in einen Abgrund blickst, blickt der Abgrund auch in dich hinein. -Friedrich Nietzsche, Jenseits von Gut und Böse
John Galt is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-23-2007, 09:15 AM   #603
Master Zionosis
Relax On Air
 
Master Zionosis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: High In The Sky
Posts: 1,280
Current Game: TR 8: Underworld
Contest winner - Modding 
All these small comments from LA reps and other companies about "keep your ears to the ground" and stuff like that is screaming E3 at me, i think something will deffinetely be said at E3, I'm almost 90% sure something will be said, and of course there is the possibility of the other 10% being the one that happens, but the 90% means I'm most certain that something will be said, even if its the smallest line ever like "Some games that are now in development: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic III and.....".

Anyway yo get my drift, lol.

Master Zionosis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2007, 02:51 PM   #604
Sir Palamides
Rookie
 
Sir Palamides's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: In a Galaxy far, far away (Zurich)
Posts: 47
Seriously guys, we're all waiting for a K3 but the're is no reason to wait for an announcement. We know LucasArts and they're not going to announce a new game at E3. They allready have some hot pieces like The Force Unleashed and the new Indiana Jones game. And K3 is not in developement yet. that's almost a fact.
I don't want to believe that as well though...


Visas: "A war? This war?"
Mandalore: "No, not this one. Another one, more terrible, against an evil we couldn't begin to comprehend. Revan went off to fight it..."
Sir Palamides is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2007, 03:34 PM   #605
Mindtwistah
Junior Member
 
Mindtwistah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Derka Derka
Posts: 470
Probably stupid question but when is E3?


Mindtwistah is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2007, 05:23 PM   #606
OD_MIA
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 25
i refuse to believe anything until i see it on Lucas Arts web site.
but it would be on PC as well as 360, right?
i meen it would really suck otherwise.
OD_MIA is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2007, 05:45 PM   #607
Divide&Conquer
Junior Member
 
Divide&Conquer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Some where between Alderaan and Coruscant.
Posts: 329
E3 is July 11th to the 13th i believe.
Divide&Conquer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2007, 07:29 PM   #608
Hann_Starr
Rookie
 
Hann_Starr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Between Hell and Purgatory
Posts: 35
Unfortunately kids, there will be no announcement regarding KOTOR 3 at E3. If there is a game it won't be announced until next year and won't be released until 2009.


First there was darkness...then came the strangers
Hann_Starr is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2007, 08:36 PM   #609
Corinthian
Banned
 
Corinthian's Avatar
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,165
And you know this...how?
Corinthian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2007, 08:58 PM   #610
Char Ell
Force Enlightened
 
Char Ell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 2,368
Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Folder extraordinaire Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Palamides
We know LucasArts and they're not going to announce a new game at E3.
I beg to differ good sir. I don't think we know that at all. LucasArts has an unannounced game being developed by Free Radical. LucasArts may decide to announce what that game is sometime around E3 or they may not.

Of course if the rumors are true then the game that Free Radical is working on is Battlefront 3 but nobody knows that for sure except the people at Free Radical and LucasArts. It doesn't seem like we'll get a KotOR announcement out of LucasArts anytime soon though. We can always hope to be surprised at E3 though.


Want to battle against cancer and other chronic diseases? Join Team LFN!


Char Ell is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-27-2007, 03:09 PM   #611
Sir Palamides
Rookie
 
Sir Palamides's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: In a Galaxy far, far away (Zurich)
Posts: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Char Ell
I beg to differ good sir. I don't think we know that at all. LucasArts has an unannounced game being developed by Free Radical. LucasArts may decide to announce what that game is sometime around E3 or they may not.

Of course if the rumors are true then the game that Free Radical is working on is Battlefront 3 but nobody knows that for sure except the people at Free Radical and LucasArts. It doesn't seem like we'll get a KotOR announcement out of LucasArts anytime soon though. We can always hope to be surprised at E3 though.
I hope you are right Char Ell, I really hope you're right...

Battlefront made a lot of money as far as I know (though I think it's not a good game) so the're probably gonna make a third part and Free Radical is well known for their first person shooters, so I think If it is a SW game, it will be BF3...


Visas: "A war? This war?"
Mandalore: "No, not this one. Another one, more terrible, against an evil we couldn't begin to comprehend. Revan went off to fight it..."
Sir Palamides is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-12-2007, 09:05 AM   #612
Reclaimer
Loves Keira Knightley.
 
Reclaimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: ...
Posts: 1,661
Has anyone heard anything?

I've been watching E3 and I've missed some parts when I had to do stuff, so I'm wondering if anyone caught something.
Reclaimer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-12-2007, 12:15 PM   #613
Phantom Knight
BAANAAANAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!
 
Phantom Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: A figment of your imagination
Posts: 2,228
Current Game: Mass Effect
Hot Topic Starter 
I read in some article it may come out this Christmas, but that could only be a rumour. I forgot where I found it, unfortunatly.
Phantom Knight is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-12-2007, 01:26 PM   #614
Frizz
Rookie
 
Frizz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: That one place
Posts: 16
If they do say anything about kotor 3 it'll be tomorrow when lucasarts takes the stage @ E3


Atton: Lemme shoot him in the back, no one has to know.

Handmaiden: Atton restrain yourself. Besides, a blaster would be unnecessary when a nerve strike to the back would incapacitate him painfully without any lasting harm.

Atton: Point taken.
Frizz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-23-2007, 03:06 AM   #615
Shato Khan
Rookie
 
Shato Khan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: anteni
Posts: 37
Comfermation!!!
check this out
http://www.helmgames.com/articles/100
also some more rumours?
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f6/t361276.html
Shato Khan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-23-2007, 03:51 AM   #616
Char Ell
Force Enlightened
 
Char Ell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 2,368
Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Folder extraordinaire Forum Veteran 
^^^
Comfermation? I couldn't find that word on dictionary.com...

After reading the first link you provided I have to say that is old news, from last November. Many people here are aware of that quote about the KotOR franchise not being left behind, etc., etc. We're still waiting for an official announcement though because until we get one the KotOR franchise is being left behind.


Want to battle against cancer and other chronic diseases? Join Team LFN!


Char Ell is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-23-2007, 09:32 AM   #617
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User
 
PoiuyWired's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,503
Well, while there is no info about K3, there are kotor era action figures. We get things like THE MANLY BASTILA and Malak with detachable jaw action and Exar kun and Almost Perfect Ulic and etc.
PoiuyWired is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-23-2007, 09:19 PM   #618
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem
 
Jae Onasi's Avatar
 
Status: Super Moderator
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 10,912
Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
I split off the Kotor figurines discussion and merged those posts with For all you Kotor fanboys and girls. Please continue discussion of any action figures in that thread. Thanks.


From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Jae Onasi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-27-2007, 11:15 AM   #619
Reclaimer
Loves Keira Knightley.
 
Reclaimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: ...
Posts: 1,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shato Khan
Both fake. Multiple spelling mistakes and grammer use in bot articles. It's not from LA themselves.


philla は陰茎のハハのwat の名前をであるそのlmfao のゲイの名前吸う
Reclaimer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-27-2007, 01:01 PM   #620
Master Zionosis
Relax On Air
 
Master Zionosis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: High In The Sky
Posts: 1,280
Current Game: TR 8: Underworld
Contest winner - Modding 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reclaimer
Both fake. Multiple spelling mistakes and grammer use in bot articles. It's not from LA themselves.
Just because there is spelling mistakes doesn't mean it's not true.

That article is real because this is the original interview with Nancy MacIntyre

http://www.businessweek.com/innovate...122_709907.htm


{Snip} The observations about the other posters spelling lends nothing to your statement here, it does invite flaming though. Even with a smily. -RH


Last edited by RedHawke; 07-27-2007 at 10:21 PM.
Master Zionosis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-29-2007, 02:30 AM   #621
Samurai DD
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 302
SDD, always looking to bring you the original and not the obvious flame says:

"Grammer".

Haha.

In any case, even being a spelling nazi, indeed I agree that some spelling mistakes and typos wouldn't imply something is either true or false... And vice versa.
Samurai DD is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-01-2007, 08:15 PM   #622
Devilsfanatic
Junior Member
 
Devilsfanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 260
I heard today that BioWare is INDEED making KOTOR III, however it won't be till late 2008, middle 2009 at the earliest because they are working on Mass Effect for a November 2007 release and next year they plan on releasing a Sonic the Hedgehog RPG, now this comes from a very reliable source whom I trust so do not just poo-poo it away, it's from a perfectly reliable source who has told me these kind of things before. The thinking is that they want to keep it hush hush as a surprise, but they are making it, and it IS BioWare. So guys, give the KOTOR III stuff a rest, it is coming, and it won't be for a year and a half AT LEAST.


Darth Milhouse
Devilsfanatic is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-01-2007, 08:58 PM   #623
Darth Brandon
Lurker
 
Darth Brandon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Missouri
Posts: 5
REALLY? I desperately want that to be true!
Darth Brandon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-01-2007, 09:08 PM   #624
Henz
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 362
Well a friend of a friend who I trust told me not to believe heresay, and to be honest, true or not, it's still a "we're GONNA make it someday soon!" hehe
Henz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-01-2007, 09:16 PM   #625
Char Ell
Force Enlightened
 
Char Ell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 2,368
Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Folder extraordinaire Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic
I heard today that BioWare is INDEED making KOTOR III, however it won't be till late 2008, middle 2009 at the earliest because they are working on Mass Effect for a November 2007 release and next year they plan on releasing a Sonic the Hedgehog RPG, now this comes from a very reliable source whom I trust so do not just poo-poo it away, it's from a perfectly reliable source who has told me these kind of things before. The thinking is that they want to keep it hush hush as a surprise, but they are making it, and it IS BioWare. So guys, give the KOTOR III stuff a rest, it is coming, and it won't be for a year and a half AT LEAST.
Ah, so you have a secret source that has proven very reliable in the past. While that may work for you it does not work for me because:
1) I don't know your source and the information your source has provided is unverifiable. That means I personally file it under Rumor and Speculation.
2) BioWare employees made it known earlier this year that they are not working on KotoR 3 and had no plans to do so thus your unverifiable source contradicts what BioWare employees have publicly stated.

I guess only time will tell if your "source" is correct but I'm not holding my breath.


Want to battle against cancer and other chronic diseases? Join Team LFN!


Char Ell is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-02-2007, 12:35 AM   #626
Devilsfanatic
Junior Member
 
Devilsfanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Char Ell
Ah, so you have a secret source that has proven very reliable in the past. While that may work for you it does not work for me because:
1) I don't know your source and the information your source has provided is unverifiable. That means I personally file it under Rumor and Speculation.
2) BioWare employees made it known earlier this year that they are not working on KotoR 3 and had no plans to do so thus your unverifiable source contradicts what BioWare employees have publicly stated.

I guess only time will tell if your "source" is correct but I'm not holding my breath.
No one has to believe me, I didn't post it to be believed, I just posted to give SOME hope to fans. It is in some video game publication as well, I can't remember which one, once I get the name for you, you can look it up, but you don't have to believe it, it's completely up to you.


Darth Milhouse
Devilsfanatic is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-02-2007, 12:51 AM   #627
correllian_thug
Rookie
 
correllian_thug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 220
i personally think that if it is being made, kotor3 won't be announced untill near its completion (that spelling looks wrong to me). it would'nt be the first company that has held back on the announcement so they have a longer timetable to work with. after all, was'nt K2 released within a year of the first one? and although both games a enjoyable, K2 had a lot of issues that is only resently being sorted by people of the general public.

although i want a 3rd game i cannot be happy untill i hear a proper confirmation that it IS being made.
correllian_thug is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-02-2007, 03:33 AM   #628
Miltiades
Death... by Exile
 
Miltiades's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bruges, Belgium
Posts: 2,831
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
I agree with Char Ell. It has been clearly stated by BioWare that they don't have plans for a Kotor3. Even notable Video Game sites (like IGN) like to throw out rumors once in a while. I don't believe a word of any of it unless LucasArts confirms it.
Miltiades is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-02-2007, 08:07 AM   #629
Devilsfanatic
Junior Member
 
Devilsfanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miltiades
I agree with Char Ell. It has been clearly stated by BioWare that they don't have plans for a Kotor3. Even notable Video Game sites (like IGN) like to throw out rumors once in a while. I don't believe a word of any of it unless LucasArts confirms it.
You know, I'm tired of this. Not of your doubts, that's fine and well, however there are MANY companies who deny any rumors that are true because they have signed a NDA (Non Disclosure Agreement) with another company so they cannot comment on it.


Darth Milhouse
Devilsfanatic is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-02-2007, 09:04 AM   #630
Char Ell
Force Enlightened
 
Char Ell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 2,368
Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Folder extraordinaire Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic
You know, I'm tired of this. Not of your doubts, that's fine and well, however there are MANY companies who deny any rumors that are true because they have signed a NDA (Non Disclosure Agreement) with another company so they cannot comment on it.
I agree that development companies are restricted either by contract with a publisher/licensor or by internal edict from revealing information about a game before it's officially announced. However I do think there is a big difference between a company withholding comment/information about an unannouced game and a company representative specifically stating his company is not making a certain game.

I'm one who believes BioWare's community coordinator wouldn't have lied to everyone in the BioWare community when, in response to a rumor published in OXM, he advised everyone that BioWare wasn't making KotOR 3. And one of BioWare's designers (James Henley) posted in the same thread in support of Chris Priestly's statement, stating that if KotOR 3 was being made it wasn't BioWare making it.

Messrs. Priestly and Henley didn't state anything about their company not making a KotOR MMORPG though so that rumor is still very much alive and in the wild. It is of course 100% speculation as far as I can tell.


Want to battle against cancer and other chronic diseases? Join Team LFN!


Char Ell is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-02-2007, 10:26 AM   #631
Jaypee
Rookie
 
Jaypee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Seekonk, MA
Posts: 25
Don't get mad when people doubt the "friend of a friend of dog's best friends owner's, sisters, brothers, sparing partner" theory. Many have been let down by it before . Ill wait until i hear some press release. And i agree there is looking to be more chance of an KOTOR MMO to be made right now by Bioware than KOTOR 3. I will love and cherish either one and we'll get them

Last edited by Jaypee; 08-02-2007 at 10:39 AM.
Jaypee is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-02-2007, 03:20 PM   #632
p0hh
Lurker
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Estonia
Posts: 5
I don't know how you guys and gals feel about it, but in my opinion no KotOR at all would be better than a KotOR MMO. The thing why the two KotOR games have been so wonderful is the fact that they were single player experiences. An MMO at this stage would kill the series.

I want a completition of the Revan saga and nothing else. Kotor2-s ending clearly seems to be built on a hope or a plan that K3 carries on with the story.
p0hh is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-02-2007, 03:27 PM   #633
Jaypee
Rookie
 
Jaypee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Seekonk, MA
Posts: 25
With the technology they have aquired for the MMO it looks like it will be story driven and allow everyone to have apart of figuring out Ravens whereabouts...dont get me wrong...id love to see a KOTOR 3...but the MMO if done correctly could have the same effect on the story.
Jaypee is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-02-2007, 04:32 PM   #634
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes
 
Emperor Devon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 5,479
Current Game: Ass Effect
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypee
With the technology they have aquired for the MMO it looks like it will be story driven and allow everyone to have apart of figuring out Ravens whereabouts...
Enough technology to make the monthly fees unnecessary, eh? :P

Doesn't sound very fun. If you give hundreds/thousands of people a chance to participate and quit the story at will you'll end up making them all unimportant characters and barely connected to the plot. That and there's how MMOs can't have beginnings, endings, or particular points in the storyline the same way normal RPGs do.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
We will be great failures one day, you and I
Emperor Devon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-02-2007, 06:01 PM   #635
Hallucination
Baron von Sexy
 
Hallucination's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 3,875
Current Game: HKO closed beta
Actually, they can have the players have an effect. The difficult part would be dealing with the fact that each content patch/expansion would out-date the previous version of the game, so then they'd need to come up with new low-level content (unless they make it so only higher-level characters affect the story line, but then the lower-levels would get pissed that they can't affect the game like the box said. And they'd still have to change the higher-level content). And unless they find a way server wipes (for when a server 'beat' the game) don't piss everyone off that game would fail miserably.

That and it'd have to compete with WoW, which no 'WoW killer' done.


Let's kill ourselves.
Hallucination is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-02-2007, 09:25 PM   #636
Master Zionosis
Relax On Air
 
Master Zionosis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: High In The Sky
Posts: 1,280
Current Game: TR 8: Underworld
Contest winner - Modding 
I think I'm one of the only people who actually wants a KotOR MMO, well, on here anyway, all my mates want it I want it yet no one on here seems to want one, still whenever I see a comment saying something like "a KotOR MMO would ruin the series, stick to the single player RPG", I basically look at the comment and laugh, it most certainly would NOT ruin the the KotOR franchise, any sane person would know that they wouldn't make it so you play as any famous well known KotOR characters, it wouldn't barely touch into an adaptation of the current KotOR storyline, it would be a completely separate storyline that at the most only mentions bits of the current KotOR story, who you would play as would be a lone character most likely and have no connection to Revan, Malak, Bastilla ect. I don't know how many times I must stress this, but it definitely WON'T ruin KotOR.

*sigh* If that doesn't work I don't know what will.

Master Zionosis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-03-2007, 08:41 AM   #637
Miltiades
Death... by Exile
 
Miltiades's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bruges, Belgium
Posts: 2,831
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
If a Kotor MMO would be developed next to a Kotor singleplayer game, I wouldn't mind. Though I fear that if a Kotor MMO would be made, it would resemble Galaxies too much. Improvements could certainly be made gameplay-wise. The problem is, the focus of MMo's is gameplay, not story, and that's exactly what makes the Kotor franchise so exciting. What would a Kotor MMO have more than Galaxies? I mean, is there enough difference between Dantooine in the Kotor Era and the Rebellion Era to have it in a Kotor MMO, to give an example? Would lightsaber combat be so much different in those two aforementioned Era's? Would the general Star Wars feeling be so much different in those two Era's? If the answer on those questions is yes, then hell yeah, why not? But then only if it doesn't interfere with a third Kotor singleplayer.
Miltiades is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-03-2007, 09:23 AM   #638
Master Zionosis
Relax On Air
 
Master Zionosis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: High In The Sky
Posts: 1,280
Current Game: TR 8: Underworld
Contest winner - Modding 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miltiades
If a Kotor MMO would be developed next to a Kotor singleplayer game, I wouldn't mind. Though I fear that if a Kotor MMO would be made, it would resemble Galaxies too much. Improvements could certainly be made gameplay-wise. The problem is, the focus of MMo's is gameplay, not story, and that's exactly what makes the Kotor franchise so exciting. What would a Kotor MMO have more than Galaxies? I mean, is there enough difference between Dantooine in the Kotor Era and the Rebellion Era to have it in a Kotor MMO, to give an example? Would lightsaber combat be so much different in those two aforementioned Era's? Would the general Star Wars feeling be so much different in those two Era's? If the answer on those questions is yes, then hell yeah, why not? But then only if it doesn't interfere with a third Kotor singleplayer.
Well, it is kind of a logical trait in game developers to improve gaming, which is why I'm sure that it won't be a galaxy remake, as I doubt LA will allow Sony Online to make any of their games again, if it were developed by Obsidian for instance then they would improve it and hopefully, and most likely not end up with anything like SWG.

Master Zionosis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-03-2007, 09:30 AM   #639
Jaypee
Rookie
 
Jaypee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Seekonk, MA
Posts: 25
the issue im seeing with the KOTOR MMO is that people want the 3rd KOTOR 1st...then im pretty sure they'd love to see an MMO afterwards....just want a completion to the story we've been givin. I def want a KOTOR MMO, however they do it is totally fine with me..ill be playin on day one. but i do agree that a singleplayer KOTOR 1st before the MMO would be a better option and would allow them to set up the storyline to support the MMO. I just finished TSL last nite...left me with a feeling of wanting more due to teh lackluster ending and I'm sure many people feel the same.
Jaypee is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-03-2007, 09:39 AM   #640
Master Zionosis
Relax On Air
 
Master Zionosis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: High In The Sky
Posts: 1,280
Current Game: TR 8: Underworld
Contest winner - Modding 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypee
the issue im seeing with the KOTOR MMO is that people want the 3rd KOTOR 1st...then im pretty sure they'd love to see an MMO afterwards....just want a completion to the story we've been givin. I def want a KOTOR MMO, however they do it is totally fine with me..ill be playin on day one. but i do agree that a singleplayer KOTOR 1st before the MMO would be a better option and would allow them to set up the storyline to support the MMO. I just finished TSL last nite...left me with a feeling of wanting more due to teh lackluster ending and I'm sure many people feel the same.
Maybe I'm just shouting to much at everyone who is saying NO to a KotOR MMO, as you say they're probably saying no because they want KotOR III first. Well has any of you lot that don't want a KotOR MMO actually thought that the reason why there are more rumours and speculation about a KotOR MMO because KotOR III is already in development and the MMO is in the planning stages, most people forget that most rumours and actual evidence comes from the planning stages, remember the first time there was rumors about KotOR III in development, there were lots, and obviously suggested they were true when LA fired the team working on K3, what nobody really considered was that they hired a new team to develop K3 almost instantly after, maybe that's why there is more talk of an MMO, so people please relax, even if the MMO is made first K3 will almost certainly follow very quickly.


Last edited by Master Zionosis; 08-12-2007 at 10:07 AM.
Master Zionosis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > More KOTOR III Possibilty News! (KOTOR MMO Confirmed?)

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:01 PM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.