lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: More KOTOR III Possibilty News! (KOTOR MMO Confirmed?)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-08-2008, 11:31 AM   #1361
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Even though we know that they did not succeded at stopping the True Sith from invading the Republic
I've always wanted to see every rabid Revan/Exile fanboy/fangirl's dream crushed like a bug.

Quote:
(though maybe they at least delayed the invasion?)
Every Revan/Exile fanboy/fangirl's second-best dream.

Quote:
We know that HK, T3 and G0-T0 will appear in TOR.
Having immortal droid characters cheapens everything cool about them - especially HK and G0-T0. I don't think any credible fan would complain if no HK droids survived for centuries and millennia after KOTOR 2.

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-08-2008, 02:51 PM   #1362
Non-false Jedi
Rookie

Credible fans? Do you get to judge the credability of all fans?

HK-47 supposedly survived up to "Galaxies" anyway. Can't say I was thrilled with what they did with him, but he did.

Anyway, I don't think we will get another new RPG if TOR is succesful. If "The Old Republic" is succeful we'll get another MMO.

I had hoped a KOTOR III would have Revan punked out by the True Sith for a bit, while still having him/her help save the day from them.
Non-false Jedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-08-2008, 03:00 PM   #1363
Jammy-Jedi
Rookie

An ignominious end to what should and could have been Lucas Arts best series

This is a story you will tell your grandchildren; and mightily bored they'll be.
Jammy-Jedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-08-2008, 03:16 PM   #1364
Master Zionosis
Relax On Air

Current Game: TR 8: Underworld
Contest winner - Modding 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Non-false Jedi View Post
If "The Old Republic" is succeful we'll get another MMO.
I don't mean to be harsh here but, that is probably the most dumbest thought up response I've read on the whole ToR debate. Why on earth would a company make an MMO, should that be successful, they give themselves a contradiction to their first successful MMO. There is a 99.9% chance of them making K3 instead of a 2nd MMO.

Bring on the flames.

Master Zionosis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-08-2008, 03:47 PM   #1365
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Credible fans? Do you get to judge the credability of all fans?
Of course I do. So does everyone else. Either way, my semantics don't alter the validity of my statement.

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

Old 11-08-2008, 05:48 PM   #1366
vanir
Forumite

My instinct for profitability and popularity says all efforts lay towards the TOR MMO whilst K3 has been simply abandoned. I do not believe all future possibility of a K3 is gone, however it has left the realm of any present consideration meaning it could be another two years away at best and effectively beyond its use-by date. MMO's are virtually a high school cult and this is the market gaming companies want. It's a numbers thing.

The drawback of an MMO is expense. I can put together a budget mid-range system for a few hundred bucks, or play a K2-based K3 on my existing one but this MMO would require a couple of thousand worth of higher end system/expensive laptop, reliable broadband and consistent/established living environment. Kids tend to get this easier, in greater numbers by hassling their parents than semi-skilled employees paying their own way in a world with only so much apparent wealth individually available and many more bills to worry about.

MMO is a better money maker, though its fan base is far more whimsical and transient, requiring therefore much more investment in support and continuing, fast paced development, particularly maintaining graphics/interface development. Look at other SW MO's which in terms of profitability were really pan flashes with very limited genuine lifespans, before popularity was taken over by the next fashionable MO. Sure they have their fan base but they lost the "every kid needs to have it" quality within months.

On the other hand a K3 has a large, reliable SPRPG fan base and the community itself inevitably provides a reliable support and development network. It costs far, far less to put a product like this of equal quality on the market.

So I'm guessing about a year from now LA/OE will be looking at how successful the MMO has been and whether or not to slap K3 together, which the modding community will no doubt have to repackage almost as much as K2, it'll probably even contain mod support out of the box, since silent content would be less likely. I don't think any efforts to develop a K3 has been made at this stage and by then materiel couldn't really be adapted from TOR without looking cheap.
vanir is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-08-2008, 10:11 PM   #1367
Sharen Thrawn
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKA-001 View Post
I've always wanted to see every rabid Revan/Exile fanboy/fangirl's dream crushed like a bug.

Every Revan/Exile fanboy/fangirl's second-best dream.
And the point of your comment is?

Quote:
Having immortal droid characters cheapens everything cool about them - especially HK and G0-T0. I don't think any credible fan would complain if no HK droids survived for centuries and millennia after KOTOR 2.
Neither I like this idea. But at least they're not bringing back organic characters (at least for what we know so far)

My 'KotOR II: TSL' mods: | Realistic Nar Shaddaa Skybox | WIP: | M4-78 Enhancement Project | :: visit our official website ::

- Discuss the M4-78EP, Sleheyron Restoration Project, KotOR: Revenge of Revan and more! Join Deadly Stream Forums today! -
Sharen Thrawn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-09-2008, 09:16 AM   #1368
Giant Graffiti
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharen Thrawn View Post
We know that HK, T3 and G0-T0 will appear in TOR.
How do we know this?
Giant Graffiti is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-09-2008, 10:07 AM   #1369
Non-false Jedi
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Zionosis View Post
I don't mean to be harsh here but, that is probably the most dumbest thought up response I've read on the whole ToR debate. Why on earth would a company make an MMO, should that be successful, they give themselves a contradiction to their first successful MMO. There is a 99.9% chance of them making K3 instead of a 2nd MMO.

Bring on the flames.
Well, my imperceptive friend. By the time they are completely done with TOR, it will be out of date. Hence since they have a formula for a successful game, it is logical that they will make another one along the same lines. Changing gears back to a Single Player RPG, which will probably have a smaller audience, would be illogical. There is a 00.01% chance that they will make a Kotor III. See? I can make opinion statements and pass them off like a mathematical fact, too. So perhaps it is you, who has the dumbest responses on the MMO debate.

Look, I don't enjoy being a jerk. So perhaps we could both cut it out?
Old 11-09-2008, 10:24 AM   #1370
Sharen Thrawn
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gιygαs View Post
How do we know this?
HK-47 is featured on LucasArts official website, as well as on a concept art on the background behind BW and LA reps in the video interview about ToR you can see on GameSpot. In the same video, there is also T3 visible standing next to the female Jedi (though only a part of him is visible but it's clear that's him, representing good faction with the Jedi while HK represents evil faction standing next to the Sith). Goto (or at least his model) is featured on the swtor.com main page. It may not be him, but given the fact that 2 other droids make a comeback, I think it's safe to assume we will see Goto. Besides, BW reps already stated various of times that some characters that are able to live for hundreds of years (= droid) will return.

EDIT: Made a screenshot:

Goto's model is different, looks like the portrait of him (here: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Image:G0T0-NEGD.jpg) from the New Essantial Guide for Droids

My 'KotOR II: TSL' mods: | Realistic Nar Shaddaa Skybox | WIP: | M4-78 Enhancement Project | :: visit our official website ::

- Discuss the M4-78EP, Sleheyron Restoration Project, KotOR: Revenge of Revan and more! Join Deadly Stream Forums today! -

Last edited by Sharen Thrawn; 11-09-2008 at 11:09 AM.
Old 11-09-2008, 01:35 PM   #1371
Master Zionosis
Relax On Air

Contest winner - Modding 
Quote:
Well, my imperceptive friend. By the time they are completely done with TOR, it will be out of date. Hence since they have a formula for a successful game, it is logical that they will make another one along the same lines. Changing gears back to a Single Player RPG, which will probably have a smaller audience, would be illogical. There is a 00.01% chance that they will make a Kotor III. See? I can make opinion statements and pass them off like a mathematical fact, too. So perhaps it is you, who has the dumbest responses on the MMO debate.

Look, I don't enjoy being a jerk. So perhaps we could both cut it out?

LOL, there must be some part of my post you don't understand. Why would they make a successful MMO, and then make another one after it's completion? Does any part of that statement not sound dumb?! I'd also like to know as to where you got the idea that the MMO will be "out of date" once it's "completely done". You seem to be on a roll with the responses as of late.

Ohhh and another thing, don't make out that I'm being all defensive regarding K3, I personally don't think they will make it either, the MMO will most likely be the last KotOR game ever made, my point is there is a far likelier chance that they will make K3 than a 2nd MMO, if not, well, that's just plain and simple, bad business.

Old 11-09-2008, 02:55 PM   #1372
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
And the point of your comment is?
To say what I said. I'm sorry if I was being vague.

Old 11-09-2008, 07:10 PM   #1373
Sharen Thrawn
Rookie

Quote:
To say what I said. I'm sorry if I was being vague.
I'm always curious about other people's point of view so let me ask you why did you not wanted to see Revan & co stopping/delaying the Sith invasion (in K3)?

Old 11-09-2008, 07:57 PM   #1374
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
Mostly because it would help cement the common view of Revan, the Exile, and their companions (obviously except for Goto and Kreia because they suck) being invincible and infinitely awesome.

Other reasons include because if it ever did happen, chances are Revan and the Exile's parties would take few or no casualties, and that would be lame. In other words, if they ever did detail Revan's expedition into the Unknown Regions, they probably wouldn't do it right.

Old 11-09-2008, 09:34 PM   #1375
Sharen Thrawn
Rookie

Quote:
Mostly because it would help cement the common view of Revan, the Exile, and their companions (obviously except for Goto and Kreia because they suck) being invincible and infinitely awesome.

Other reasons include because if it ever did happen, chances are Revan and the Exile's parties would take few or no casualties, and that would be lame. In other words, if they ever did detail Revan's expedition into the Unknown Regions, they probably wouldn't do it right.
Kreia... suck?! Blasphemy! (or it was a sarcasm?)

But I see your point and agree that it would be hard to execute K3 properly. Though given what Obsidian did with K2, I have (had) faith they would manage to do it right.

Old 11-09-2008, 10:00 PM   #1376
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Kreia... suck?! Blasphemy! (or it was a sarcasm?)
Yes, it was sarcasm. That's why I put the word "obviously" in there with italics.

Old 11-09-2008, 10:25 PM   #1377
Non-false Jedi
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Zionosis View Post
LOL, there must be some part of my post you don't understand. Why would they make a successful MMO, and then make another one after it's completion? Does any part of that statement not sound dumb?! I'd also like to know as to where you got the idea that the MMO will be "out of date" once it's "completely done". You seem to be on a roll with the responses as of late.
Well, then I guess not.

I suppose I did not understand because it's not like it makes much sense.
Do you...not understand that the technology of gaming evolves over time? Is Neverwinter Nights Online not out of date?
You think it's dumb to say that a company would make a successful game and then make another one like it? Perhaps you should stop and contemplate that for a moment, then perhaps you will gain greater insight on the subject of saying stupid things.
Old 11-10-2008, 12:05 AM   #1378
Darca Lar
Forumite

Current Game: Dragon Age Origins
Quote:
Well, then I guess not.

I suppose I did not understand because it's not like it makes much sense.
Do you...not understand that the technology of gaming evolves over time? Is Neverwinter Nights Online not out of date?
You think it's dumb to say that a company would make a successful game and then make another one like it? Perhaps you should stop and contemplate that for a moment, then perhaps you will gain greater insight on the subject of saying stupid things.
Is Neverwinter Nights Online NOT a game worth playing? The answer my friend, is that it IS. Do you think its dumb that a company that can make patches for a game wouldn't do so? What you are looking at is the graphics, NOT the other MORE important factors that makes a game, in fact a game worth playing. Making an MMO costs so much to make and if its completed, it would be idiotic to say, "Hey that was fun making this MMORPG, why don't we make another one and just forget any other possible big projects we could give our best programmers?" Sounds pretty idiotic to me...

Yesterday is history. Tomorrow, a mystery. Today is a gift...that is why it is called the present.
Darca Lar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-10-2008, 05:56 AM   #1379
Master Zionosis
Relax On Air

Contest winner - Modding 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darca Lar View Post
Is Neverwinter Nights Online NOT a game worth playing? The answer my friend, is that it IS. Do you think its dumb that a company that can make patches for a game wouldn't do so? What you are looking at is the graphics, NOT the other MORE important factors that makes a game, in fact a game worth playing. Making an MMO costs so much to make and if its completed, it would be idiotic to say, "Hey that was fun making this MMORPG, why don't we make another one and just forget any other possible big projects we could give our best programmers?" Sounds pretty idiotic to me...
QFE.

Old 11-24-2008, 09:02 AM   #1380
ExarKun423
Rookie

I personally can't wait for TOR to come out. This will be the first game I would be excited about in a long time. (Pre - Order FTW, well hopefully) Lets hope its not going to be a letdown like galaxies....
ExarKun423 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-24-2008, 04:49 PM   #1381
Blix
Veteran

Current Game: Morrowind & Dark Arisen
Quote:
The hilts look a little oversized imo, especially in the in-game shots...

Blix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-24-2008, 05:40 PM   #1382
ExarKun423
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Sharrak View Post
The hilts look a little oversized imo, especially in the in-game shots...
They look ok for me, but remember, they are still developing the game things can change.
ExarKun423 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-24-2008, 05:53 PM   #1383
Darca Lar
Forumite

exactly, this is still too early to make a definitive judgement. However, depending on its release date they should fix the graphics...reminds me of reboot.

Yesterday is history. Tomorrow, a mystery. Today is a gift...that is why it is called the present.
Old 12-15-2008, 03:19 AM   #1384
fenix3279
Rookie

There is more info regarding the KotOR MMORG in the latest Game Informer mag if anybody needs a few teasers to keep themselves going.
fenix3279 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-07-2010, 04:28 PM   #1385
Vandros Artenon
Rookie

That isn't GO-TO; that's a later version of the G0-T0 series droids.

As to HK-47, there are some trailer shots of HK-50 droids, so its possible you can purchase an HK-50 or similar model and change his paint job. Or I'm wrong and HK is in. Or both are true.

Possible Spoiler

GO-TO dies in the canon KotOR II ending anyway.

- Vandros Artenon AKA Captain Artenon AKA Logan Felipe
Soaropod productions founder.
Vandros Artenon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-29-2010, 09:28 PM   #1386
Darca Lar
Forumite

Hopefully we get to see the HK facility and possibly encounter HK-47 to offer assistance or something since it was cut from K2.

Old 04-26-2010, 08:04 AM   #1387
Raven 16
Rookie

Current Game: fable 2
i wish they would make kotor 3. i think it will be made in the future though. its just like terminator. the first movie cam out in 1984 the second in 1991. i bet some new industry or what ever will want to make a name for them self and make kotor 3. kinda like how 343 industries are replacing bungie for the halo series. i think it will get picked up and revived. weather its by another company or obsiden entertainment.

It also would be possibly better if they made a kotor like game ware you fight in the madalorien wars as the general from kotor 2. you could lead your men by going to other planets and conquering them. it could make a good rpg. also there's a big hole there that leaves a lot of things out. or you could be reven in the game. that would be cool seeing hk 47 built and him calling malak a meat bag for the first time! either way i think it should be built. ol Lucas is famous for releasing the the story backwards. EX. star wars 4,5,6, came out then 1,2,3....
Raven 16 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-26-2010, 06:45 PM   #1388
Ping
Elementary.

Roleplayer 
@Raven 16: About the Mandalorian Wars part....there's a KOTOR comics series that focuses on that.

"There is no such thing as coincidence, only inevitability" - xxxHoLiC

"Justice? But I don't serve justice, Watson, I serve the truth." - Sherlock Holmes
Ping is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-26-2010, 10:11 PM   #1389
Darth Avlectus
If Sunday you're free...

Current Game: Poisoning pigeons in the park.
It's possible *the* orignal HK-47 could be encountered as a pivotal character if entirely non recruitable, otherwise everyone would have him b/c Revan made him. To my recollection that very one lived on until the prequel trilogy at least. It's on the wookiee-pedia page. Everyone else would get like some carbon copy or offshoot like HK-24 or HK-57 or something like that from Systech corporation. Actually I believe HK-50 & 51 would make sense as they are all around the galaxy by TSL's end.

We'll murder them all, amid laughter and merriment...except for the few we take home to experiment!

"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-18-2010, 11:52 AM   #1390
Darth_Sasuna
Rookie

yea they shoulda made a kotor 3 not a mmo personally im not gunna pay 15 bucks a month just to found out what will happen to revan when it isnt even the main purpose of the game there is no point in it i dont care at the moment about the true sith attack i have already read that part lol

90% of teens today would die if myspace or facebook had a system failure. If you are one of the 10% that would sit and laugh copy this to your signature.
92% precent of teens today have moved on to rap. If you are one of the 8% that still rock out copy this to your signature.
Darth_Sasuna is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-18-2010, 04:39 PM   #1391
sarpedon2
Rookie

If I'd like anyone to do something with Kotor, it would be to develop cinematics that show each of the character's lives before the games, culminating perhaps in the Battle of Malachor V. Also concerning that era or earlier, perhaps they could use TOTJ as stories for the Star Wars Live Action Series?
sarpedon2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-20-2010, 05:38 AM   #1392
Ztalker
Saving the world casually

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Sasuna View Post
yea they shoulda made a kotor 3 not a mmo personally im not gunna pay 15 bucks a month just to found out what will happen to revan when it isnt even the main purpose of the game there is no point in it i dont care at the moment about the true sith attack i have already read that part lol
Objective...story of the game isn't even revealed yet.
I thought the same about WoW, but when I could play it for free to beta test it my opinion turned around. It closed and contined SO many Warcraft 3 events I got hooked.
Same could be true for this game. Kotor 2 even introduced flashback gameplay in the Korriban cave.
Taris could have a flashback quest like that, Korriban could, etc etc.

PS: The game description clearly reads Revan and Bastilla had a child. The current Grandmaster descends from this child. This only proves Revan's fate will be explained!

EDIT: @ GTA: Thank you, exactly my point. Every thing shown about this game has its roots in Kotor and TSL. Including those HK's!

Ztalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-30-2010, 07:26 PM   #1393
truJedi
Rookie

Kotor becoming an mmo could never really have a place in my heart.
honestly in my opinion, i think they have butchered the hole kotor franchise.
The mmo may be a good financial investment for them, but i dont feel as if its going to live up to the real kotor series and have that same feeling and effect that the rpg versions did.
truJedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-22-2010, 09:33 AM   #1394
Female Revanchist
Lurker

Current Game: KotOR (still<3)
I find this a bit hard to believe, considering they just said in tOR that "okay, every main character from K1 and K2 died! fast forward a few hundred years!" the a-holes should know that it isn't kotor w/out Revan or the Exile.

On the other hand, they could make K3 an alternate universe game ("what would've happened if LA wasn't such a money-hungry MMO maker?") like The Force Unleashed.
Female Revanchist is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-04-2010, 04:37 PM   #1395
Raven 16
Rookie

Current Game: fable 2
i agree it's just not kotor without the exile or revan.

There's no easy way out... there's no short cut home...
Raven 16 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-04-2010, 07:30 PM   #1396
Ztalker

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven 16 View Post
i agree it's just not kotor without the exile or revan.
The Kotor comics weren't about Revan. And Revan only played a small role in the TSL game. They're only a small part of 'Kotor' for that matter

KOTOR is a metaseries that started with the Tales of the Jedi comics. It's all about origin of the Jedi, Sith, in turbulent times 4000+ years before the films.
It's quite cool, with the Sunrider, Quel-Droma's and stuff.

I think TOR is doing just that. Keeping intact that 'feel' that it's different from the movies. Revan or the Exile not their? The Jedi are there, so the Exile's padawans did their work. It took 300 years for the Sith to invade, so Revan must have kicked their butts out there.

Last edited by Ztalker; 08-04-2010 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Spelling at 2:00...bah
Old 08-15-2010, 10:27 PM   #1397
DeadYorick
The Keeper of Peace

Current Game: Pheonix Wright
I still don't understand why everyone wants to play as Revan again fighting the "true sith". That was just a MacGuffin to get rid of the character. It's just the player character, any appeal it has is self created. With the Exile the ending could have him/her either going to the Unknown Regions, remaining as the master of Malachor V or going on a self imposed Exile. Continuity aside, this way it guarantees the character is essentially now a figure of legend and no longer of any consequence.

Not to mention another game featuring said True Sith would remove the mystery of them.

"There's gotta be a better way to make a living"
-Kyle Katarn

Last edited by DeadYorick; 08-15-2010 at 10:39 PM.
DeadYorick is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-15-2010, 11:32 PM   #1398
truJedi
Rookie

i still dont undertsand why it became and MMO .... :S
but annnyyywwwwhhhooooo...

... I am Jacks Smirking Revenge
truJedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-15-2010, 11:33 PM   #1399
DeadYorick
The Keeper of Peace

Current Game: Pheonix Wright
Quote:
Originally Posted by truJedi View Post
i still dont undertsand why it became and MMO .... :S
but annnyyywwwwhhhooooo...
Money's a big factor. Activision can probably build their headquarters on top of a literal mountain of gold now. Just from WoW and Starcraft 2 profits.

"There's gotta be a better way to make a living"
-Kyle Katarn
DeadYorick is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-16-2010, 12:07 PM   #1400
Ztalker

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadYorick View Post
Money's a big factor. Activision can probably build their headquarters on top of a literal mountain of gold now. Just from WoW and Starcraft 2 profits.
I think they can buy their own country, seeing as Cataclysm is about to go live and the new Diablo is on it's way....I think they'll buy Lapland and call it Northrend or something. Or laser 'Blizzard' into the moon....

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > More KOTOR III Possibilty News! (KOTOR MMO Confirmed?)