lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Dodging
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-30-2005, 09:52 AM   #1
Maxstate
I forgot.... what?

Dodging

Is there a way to dodge more shots from lets say disruptors? It happens quite randomly now, and if so, does anyone know how to enable it? Is there a mod for it?

Reborns seem to dodge every single shot, how?

Last edited by Maxstate; 09-30-2005 at 10:57 AM.
Maxstate is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-30-2005, 11:44 AM   #2
acdcfanbill
..the wonders I have seen

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
they are the computer :s turn on force_seeing to dodge in mp.

acdcfanbill is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-30-2005, 01:02 PM   #3
Maxstate
I forgot.... what?

I know about MultiPlayer but i was talking about singleplayer. Sorry for not mentioning that, nevermind ive found out how to dodge.
The point is that you need to have a full forcebar and Kyle will dodge a disruptor shot.

Old 09-30-2005, 01:30 PM   #4
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
In MP doding automatically happens above the waist with Force Seeing Level 3 on primary disruptor shots.

In Single Player it's rather random, you can't really control it. If you set the difficulty to normal, it will happen sometimes, and if you set it to easy it will happen most often. I've never seen it happen on hard.

You can "lean" in SP, but it really doesn't help you dodge shots (even though it looks like it would, it doesn't).

Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-30-2005, 09:09 PM   #5
riceplant

I thought you could lean to dodge shots? I'm sure I've done it before, although it requires good reflexes to be any use.
riceplant is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-30-2005, 10:27 PM   #6
Kurgan
Headhunter

Since leaning reduces your target area only by a tiny fraction I don't see how its really that beneficial. If you happen to have been leaning in such a way that the shot actually misses you're pretty good. But for the most part it won't help you. This is seperate from the "auto dodge" force power, which you have no manual control over in Single Player.

If anything, ducking or stepping to the side would be more effective means of avoiding sniper fire.

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Old 10-01-2005, 04:23 AM   #7
Maxstate
I forgot.... what?

Start your game on hard mode and spawn one rodian, then let him shoot you everytime your force bar fills up completely. That works, pretty fun.

Old 10-01-2005, 05:31 AM   #8
Kain
I'm a ghost

Current Game: Not so much.
Forum Veteran 10 year veteran! 
Glad they fixed that in JA. I love dodging Stormtroopers shots as opposed to deflecting them as I slowly move in for the horrible maiming.
Kain is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2005, 03:07 PM   #9
Kurgan
Headhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxstate
Start your game on hard mode and spawn one rodian, then let him shoot you everytime your force bar fills up completely. That works, pretty fun.
You're saying you can auto-dodge? I've never seen the dodge work in Hard mode, but maybe I missed something (or my mana bar was only 99% or something).

I'll try it out when I get time I guess...

If you're right and it's merely a function of having full mana, that's much more useful than simple randomness, though I wish they'd just used the MP system of Force Seeing 3...

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > Dodging