lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Black Screen after Telos!!!!
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-02-2005, 11:51 PM   #1
Aerotank2000
Lurker

Black Screen after Telos!!!!

I have an ATI Radeon mobility X600 on my HP notebook. And i know that this game isnt made to work on a notebook but it has run fine so far so this is probably just a minor issue that CAN be fixed.

After get on the Ebon Hawk and Atris talks with the handmaidens. I get a black screen. I can exit and look at every other screen: the inventory, equipped items, all that stuff. But the mapall white where the map would be and the main screen is all black.

I tried downloading the drivers but ATI's drivers dont work for some reason (they refer me to HP) and HP doesn't have the correct driver.

What should I do?
Aerotank2000 is offline   you may:
Old 10-03-2005, 09:56 AM   #2
SITHSLAYER133

ok heres the thing Hp comps are very weird but i think there are spelised drivers for note books
plz some1 correct me if im wrong

People in life Should Be given A single Choice where do they want to be Shot!
SITHSLAYER133 is offline   you may:
Old 10-03-2005, 10:09 PM   #3
stingerhs
Follow the Wolves

Current Game: Dead Space
Forum Veteran Roleplayer LFN Staff Member Helpful! 
i don't think its either a graphics issue nor a driver issue given that you've been able to run the game for quite some time beforehand. my theory is that you've encountered a wierd bug and need to try going back to a previous game save.

as for getting updated video drivers for your laptop, give the Omega Drivers a shot. they've been configured to work on laptops, so you shouldn't have much of a problem installing them.

See the struggle of the faithless lot as they negate their time
How low to sink to the depths of their frame of mind

stingerhs is offline   you may:
Old 10-04-2005, 01:35 PM   #4
Aerotank2000
Lurker

i tried omega drivers and going to a preivious save but to no avail. I'm going to try restarting the entire game to see if it works... other than that i really cant think of anything.
Aerotank2000 is offline   you may:
Old 11-28-2005, 01:11 AM   #5
Aizen
Lurker

Has anyone found a fix for this, I have the EXACT same problem and I really don't want to restart the game - and risk it still happening. The screen goes black after the cutscene of the ebon hawk flying away and Atris talking. If I try to save the game with the black screen and load from there, the load screen freezes about 1/4 of the way through.

Running amd 64 3200+/gig of ram/9600xt Also getting problems with random load freezes. Any help is appreciated. Using catalyst 5.11 for xp64

Last edited by Aizen; 11-28-2005 at 01:27 AM.
Aizen is offline   you may:
Old 12-07-2005, 10:54 PM   #6
TheOneMan
Rookie

I'm no computer geek or anything, but what about a reinstall? Could have been a simple error during the initial installation?

I've never had that problem ever. [Watch, I've probably jinxed myself ><"]
TheOneMan is offline   you may:
Old 12-19-2005, 08:33 PM   #7
darthmacaw
Lurker

I experienced this same bug. I had to load a save prior to my challenging the handmaidens to combat. I noticed that after challenging the handmaidens I had been stuck as a single person party, unable to add other party members back.
darthmacaw is offline   you may:
Old 01-09-2006, 11:22 PM   #8
The Source
Rest In Peace

Contest winner - Modding 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerotank2000
I have an ATI Radeon mobility X600 on my HP notebook. And i know that this game isnt made to work on a notebook but it has run fine so far so this is probably just a minor issue that CAN be fixed.

After get on the Ebon Hawk and Atris talks with the handmaidens. I get a black screen. I can exit and look at every other screen: the inventory, equipped items, all that stuff. But the mapall white where the map would be and the main screen is all black.

I tried downloading the drivers but ATI's drivers dont work for some reason (they refer me to HP) and HP doesn't have the correct driver.

What should I do?
This is a mod problem, which was caused by a conflict. If you were to empty out the last files you installed, I am sure you will find the problem. When I had a conflict in one of the mudule files, I had the same exact problem. Therefore, go back to the last mod changes, and pull them from your 'Override' Folder...
The Source is offline   you may:
Old 01-10-2006, 04:28 PM   #9
selmxz
Lurker

Okey, i got the same problem.

I reinstalled the game, and stuff but even then I still revieve this error.

I tried it in verison 1.0 and that 1.0b ?

I never installed a mod so, i dont get it.

Please help me out, Ty!
selmxz is offline   you may:
Old 03-31-2006, 12:14 PM   #10
selmxz
Lurker

Anyone ? Plz ?
Old 04-18-2006, 02:39 PM   #11
selmxz
Lurker

Really no one out there that can tell me how to fix it ?
Old 04-18-2006, 02:51 PM   #12
stingerhs
Follow the Wolves

Current Game: Dead Space
Forum Veteran Roleplayer LFN Staff Member Helpful! 
you know, bumping a thread twice in three months really isn't necessary.

in the meantime, i do suggest that you check out the Dealing with Laptop Issues sticky thread at the top of the forum.

See the struggle of the faithless lot as they negate their time
How low to sink to the depths of their frame of mind

stingerhs is offline   you may:
Old 04-18-2006, 02:58 PM   #13
ChAiNz.2da
Brony 4 Life. Yo.

Current Game: Minecraft MP: PynCraft|Tekkit
gotta agree with my bro stinger..

however, the only (and I mean only) time I've ever gotten a black screen was when I installed a mod and I accidentally placed the *.mod file in my override instead of my modules folder...

*.mod files = Modules Folder.. otherwise, you get a blank, black screen..

"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"

| Mods (FF) (DS) | Folding | SWK.com | FB: (LF) (Me) | Steam | The Herd |
ChAiNz.2da is offline   you may:
Old 05-08-2006, 09:49 AM   #14
Calza
Lurker

Aero i got the same problem, i just posted a thread about it, if you know how to fix it tell me pls lol
Calza is offline   you may:
Old 05-08-2006, 09:58 AM   #15
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calza
Aero i got the same problem, i just posted a thread about it, if you know how to fix it tell me pls lol
Well, while the answer is likely the same, this is a PC help forum and you are using an XBox right? So the other forum is where you should talk about your issue as you will get PC assistance here... it would be hard for you to post your specs for example or download a patch.

I have answered as best I could in the thread you started.

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may:
Old 05-08-2006, 04:08 PM   #16
DarthMaul v.1/2
Banned

Location: The bottom of that well, inside the Naboo Royal Palace- I converted it to a decent 1/2 flat...
Cool Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHawke
Well, while the answer is likely the same, this is a PC help forum and you are using an XBox right? So the other forum is where you should talk about your issue as you will get PC assistance here... it would be hard for you to post your specs for example or download a patch.

Actually RH, calza did state that he/she was indeed playing on a PC - not an XBOX or 360, as Stingerhs had asked.

Now, I wish I could be of more help here- but I'm no expert! However, I bet if the two of them were to remove the MODs they are using (if any!), and contact the LucasArts website and ask Yoda this question, they would probably find that others have already brought this problem up to the folks at LA, and get a working solution to their problem!

Just a friendly suggestion! I hope this has helped them!

- DM.005
DarthMaul v.1/2 is offline   you may:
Old 05-08-2006, 04:30 PM   #17
ChAiNz.2da
Brony 4 Life. Yo.

Current Game: Minecraft MP: PynCraft|Tekkit
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthMaul v.1/2
Actually RH, calza did state that he/she was indeed playing on a PC - not an XBOX or 360, as Stingerhs had asked.
- calza answered @11:59am today.. well after RH's post @ 9:58am.
- RH then moved the other thread (the one in which you are referring to) to this area of the Forum's @ 12:01pm...

Please pay more attention to post times before "correcting" someone

"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"

| Mods (FF) (DS) | Folding | SWK.com | FB: (LF) (Me) | Steam | The Herd |
ChAiNz.2da is offline   you may:
Old 05-09-2006, 12:20 AM   #18
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthMaul v.1/2
[Correction Attempt Failed] Nice try...

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
Old 05-09-2006, 06:14 AM   #19
Calza
Lurker

so there i nothing you guys can do?, nothing at all?, maybe you know a bug fixer that i can download?, if not would puttin the saved file into back-up and re installin it work?, pls reply ASAP
Calza is offline   you may:
Old 05-09-2006, 06:29 AM   #20
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Calza, please post only in your thread as you reduce any chances at getting help by scattering things around.

Edit by D3:added link to thread

Last edited by Darth333; 05-09-2006 at 10:06 AM.
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Trouble Shooting > The Work Bench > Black Screen after Telos!!!!