lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Its too DARK...
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-01-2000, 10:36 AM   #1
TRON

Post Its too DARK...

I'm using XWA german version with int. patch 2.02 on a PII 400 with Voodoo 3 3000. In skirmish mode it happens very often that the dynamic light engine fails to load - this means that no light sources from stars etc. are reflected on the ships. It's just too DARK...This prob does not appear when playing campaign missions. Any ideas?
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-01-2000, 01:48 PM   #2
K_Kinnison
Grey Lensman

Forum Veteran Hot Topic Starter 10 year veteran! 
Check the brightness level. ANd some of the SKMs laod up with a really lousy Local light source, like a Dark red. I usually have the Local light source on "some" and the brightness at about 1/3.
K_Kinnison is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-01-2000, 02:25 PM   #3
TRON

Thanks for your reply, K_Kinnison!
Unfortunately this does not solve the problem: I start a mission for the first time and everything is o.k. Then I restart/reload the same mission with same brightness-setting etc. and suddenly the local light is completely gone (the source itself is still displayed, but has no effect on any texture (looks a lot like the original X-Wing ;-)) Anyway, thanks for your suggestions. TRON
Old 05-02-2000, 09:57 AM   #4
Fondas

I'm afraid that I cannot help you with the Voodoo 3 3000 since I have never worked with one of those.
This thread is transferred to the Tech Center Section, where some of the HW gurus might give you a hand...
Old 05-04-2000, 12:56 AM   #5
ViRGE

Unfortunately, you won't find too much help here, it sounds like a rare engine bug, which can't be helped. But it's possible it could be a driver problem, so if you're using the newest betas, switch to the last supported drivers, and if you're using supported, switch to the newest betas.

------------------
ViRGE
System Apex
www.systemapex.com
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > XWingAlliance.net > 1. XwingAlliance > Tech Center > Its too DARK...