lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Tales of the third age
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-01-2005, 02:50 PM   #81
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
"If you want to know him, you must join him to smoke some leaf. He loves quality leaf and gets it straight from northern shire" he said and smiled, looking briefly at Ever. "People say that if you stare into his eyes long enought, you can feel the presence of the valar, but I don't believe that nonsense. I think it is just pure fear for the man" he said and chuckled, remembering good old times. He then shook his head and looked at Tanos. "Have you ever smoked Leaf?" he asked, wondering even himself why the sudden curiosity pushing itself out of his head

"Our posturings, our imagined self-importance,
the delusion that we have some privileged position in the universe,
are challenged by this point of pale light.
Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
In our obscurity in all this vastness there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.
"

- Carl Sagan
Black Knight of Keno is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-01-2005, 03:09 PM   #82
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Current Game: TrackMania Nations
Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
"I do on occasion," Tanos answered.

"Gets it from the Shire, does he?" Ever interrupted. "That proves he's got good taste!"

Mom tells me I need brain food... but if writing ain't that, I don't know what is!

My work in progress:
Hidden Histories: The Galaxy Hacker

Have a read, give a review, yah?
Writer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-01-2005, 07:03 PM   #83
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
Caer soon reached a small inn, and went in through the back door. It was a dark room with a table in the middle.

He collapsed on the table and removed his shirt. There was a nasty cut on his right arm. Soon enough, the innkeeper arrived. He saw Caer.

"Caer! " He exclaimed. "Give some warning to an old man." He approached. "You got hurt."

Caer nodded grimly. "There were some wolfriders. They began to attack a man, an elf, and a halfling."

The innkeeper sighed. "When are you going to give up this vendetta?"

"When I go to my grave." Replied Caer. "Are you going to help me or not? I gave my herbs to the elf. He got shot."

The innkeeper expertly began tending to Caer's wounds.

"And, as always, you refused to stay with them." Said the innkeeper.

"They can take care of themselves." Replied Caer. "And I saw more elves arrive after I left. "

Vader's wife was very pregnant when she died 19 years ago. All of a sudden a 19 year old who is very strong in the force and has a distinct resembalance to him in his younger days rolls in from Vader's home planet with his old Master Obi-Wan (Who was the ONLY other person preset at the time his wife died. And to boot, the kid's last name is Skywalker.

So in answer to your question, he knew Luke was his son because his name is Darth Vader, and not Darth Retard.

-Forum post on why Vader knew Luke was his son.
jokemaster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-02-2005, 02:45 AM   #84
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
"Well, I prefer the western leaf. Much better texture to be smoked" he said to Ever and then fell silent, just watching ahead of him. The mountains were already in sight and somewhere below them was Rivendell, the city of Elrond the half-even and where now a group of dunedain were staying to rest

In our obscurity in all this vastness there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.
"

- Carl Sagan
Old 11-02-2005, 11:10 AM   #85
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"Ah, Rivendell," Tanos sighed softly as he stared at the mountains. He smiled thoughtfully and turned to Ilenal. "My sister is there, you know. If I look forward to anything other than being among the Elves, it will be to see her again... it's been too long."

"You never told me you had a sister," Ever frowned. Tanos laughed.

"I have a sister," he said.

"You think you know a man!" Ever exclaimed. He sighed. "Then he goes and surprises you..."

Mom tells me I need brain food... but if writing ain't that, I don't know what is!

My work in progress:

Old 11-02-2005, 12:05 PM   #86
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
"Well, you met my sister below weathertop. I'm afraid that she will be already boarding a grey ship when we go to sleep in Rivendell" he said and looked at his horse's neck silently for a moment. He then looked at Ever and shook his head.
"You stick your nose into too many business. If I didn't know better, which I don't, I would guess that you got kicked out of shire because of your curiosity. Hobbits are very calm and peceful people. They don't like adventurers or nosy people" he said and grinned below his hood as they travelled at a quick pace towards the slowly nearing mountains

"

- Carl Sagan
Old 11-02-2005, 03:14 PM   #87
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Ever said nothing, but his facial expression showed that Ilenal was correct. Tanos sighed.

"Many Elves are leaving," he said in Sindarin. "Still more will leave within the near future. The wisest, ageless; they are all leaving or preparing to leave."

He turned to Ilenal. "Why is it that you are not leaving?"

My work in progress:

Old 11-02-2005, 03:26 PM   #88
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
"It is not a question of why. It is a question of when. I shall leave Middle-Earth when it is time, even if it would be only to the Halls of Mandos" he said, surprisingly in common, as he had seen the hurt face of the hobbit after the elf had hit a nerve. Ilenal's eyes went to Ever and then at Tanos. He was quiet, and did not continue his words after his eyes had returned to the huge mountais, snow exceeding down their tops

"

- Carl Sagan
Old 11-02-2005, 03:59 PM   #89
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
The innkeeper finished tending to Caer's wounds. He sighed.

"You know we could avoid all this if you just talked to the elves."

"You know as well as I do that they're abandoning these lands to the orcs. "

"If you revealed who you were maybe they would sta-"

"-It wouldn't make any difference. I'm a fighter, not a diplomat. You know that."

The innkeeper sighed. "All too well. But you should at least try. Ride to Rivendell and make your case."

"Would it get you off my back?"

"Yes."

Caer nodded. "I'll need a fast horse."

Vader's wife was very pregnant when she died 19 years ago. All of a sudden a 19 year old who is very strong in the force and has a distinct resembalance to him in his younger days rolls in from Vader's home planet with his old Master Obi-Wan (Who was the ONLY other person preset at the time his wife died. And to boot, the kid's last name is Skywalker.

So in answer to your question, he knew Luke was his son because his name is Darth Vader, and not Darth Retard.

Old 11-03-2005, 01:49 PM   #90
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
((*cought* *echo* It's so quiet around here... >_>))

"

- Carl Sagan
Old 11-03-2005, 01:53 PM   #91
Writer
Not switching to DTV

((There being only three participants, can you expect much activity? and I can't think of anything to say... ))

My work in progress:

Old 11-03-2005, 02:03 PM   #92
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
((Oh for...))

The rest of the way went somewhat silently and eventually they got to the path beside the mountain the led down to the beautiful place called Rivendell.
Ilenal stopped the horse when they got to see the full glory of it and smiled. "Rivendell... It seems that our ways are splitting here, then. I hope we shall se each others again" he said and nodded before riding towards Elrond's palace higher thanmost of the city. Many elves looked at him as he drawed his cape from covering his armor and head and rode up the path where Gandalf himself greeted him

"

- Carl Sagan
Old 11-03-2005, 02:25 PM   #93
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"Tanos?" a voice called. Emara, Tanos' sister rushed out to greet him. "You have been away so long."

"Too long," Tanos agreed. "Allow me to introduce my current traveling companion, Everton Took."

"Call me Ever," the hobbit said pleasantly. "Your brother keeps his finest secrets to himself... I hadn't heard of your existence until... ouch!"

Emara laughed as Tanos smacked Ever on the back of the head. He turned apologetically to his sister.

"I apologize for his rambling," he chuckled. "In the presence of beauty, his tongue tends to wag... well, even without the beauty."

Emara laughed and embraced her brother. "Arathorn wanted me to send you to him. He was rather excited when the Elves told him you were coming."

"I am rather looking forward to seeing him as well," Tanos said. "Lead the way, Emara."

"And what am I supposed to do?" Ever demanded, putting his hands on his hips. Tanos shrugged.

"Anything so long as you don't get yourself in trouble," he chuckled. Emara led him away and Ever slid off Banton's back, left the pony with the Evles in the stables and ran off to find some food.

My work in progress:

Old 11-03-2005, 02:50 PM   #94
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
Gandalf and Ilenal did not stay near Eornd's place for long before they left their horses to the stables. Ilenal walked with the greay cloaked wizard over to the gardens with no grin or a smile around them as they spoke.
"Dol Guldur is a dangerous place while Sauron is there, but those ignorant humans don't listen anymore. The only humans I can trust now are the dunedain"
"Mithrandir, there is still good in humans. When the son of Arathorn is old enought, we shall all be amazed once again"
"You have seen it?"
"No, Elrond told me. Don't worry, I shall keep myself quiet of this matter"
This was their conversation's highlight, but they continued to talk about the power of Sauron, which was increasing

"

- Carl Sagan
Old 11-03-2005, 02:51 PM   #95
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
Caer arrived silently at Rivendell, disguised. He didn't like attention. He saw Ever walking alone, and curious, followed.

Old 11-04-2005, 11:14 AM   #96
Writer
Not switching to DTV

After several minutes of walking, Ever stopped an Elf and asked where he could find food. The Elf laughed, pointed, and walked away laughing. Ever stared after him for several seconds, shrugged, and hurried off in the direction the Elf had pointed.

---------------------

Tanos followed Emara to where Arathorn and the Dunedain were resting.

"Tanos?" Arathorn exclaimed, rising to his feet. "My goodness, you've been in battles since you left!"

"The scar?" Tanos laughed, fingering the scar on his chin. "Yes, I suppose I have. But you have not been resting much either."

"I am worn out," Arathorn answered. "Too much fighting to be done. We rest for a little while."

"A well deserved rest, I'm sure," Tanos said. Arathorn sighed and nodded.

"But we cannot rest for long," he said. "Orcs do not wait for us to rest. I feel we'll be leaving again soon."

My work in progress:

Old 11-04-2005, 11:37 AM   #97
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
Gandalf led Ilenal to where the dunedain were resting and stopped there.
"The dunedain do not miss my company, I am sure. Do not make me g throught that door, Gandalf" Ilenal said as he looked at the door infront of him where he would find some of his old friends. Gandalf just smiled and shook his head.
"If you do not meet Arathorn and solve your matters with him, his son shall have a different future up ahead. The future that has been shown to me and Elrond is clouded, and will not rely on what you do now, but Arathorn and his child will need your support just like they need mine" the bearded and grey clothed man said, leaning onto his staff until Ilenal nodded and sighed as he surrendered.
The two walked to the door, Ilenal gathered himself and Gandalf opened the doors for them to walk in. "Arathorn" Gandalf said happily, as he had been busy and had not yet seen Arathorn up close and personal in many years

"

- Carl Sagan
Old 11-04-2005, 11:47 AM   #98
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
Caer kept following Ever quietly.

Old 11-04-2005, 12:51 PM   #99
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"Ah the day of reunions!" Arathorn exclaimed at seeing Gandalf enter. "I am seeing so many people I have known and not seen for a time." He half turned and brought Tanos up beside him. "Gandalf, this is a good friend of mine. His name is Tanos. Originally from Rohan, but..."

"I have heard of him," Gandalf interrupted. "A man worthy of trust." Gandalf stepped aside, allowing Ilenal into the room. Arathorn's smile faded.

"What is it?" he said quietly. "Ilenal. Why are you here?"

My work in progress:

Old 11-04-2005, 12:55 PM   #100
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
Suddenly Caer spoke from behind Ever.

"So your friends left you alone. "

Old 11-04-2005, 12:56 PM   #101
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Ever spun. "And why not? I can take care of myself... who are you?"

My work in progress:

Old 11-04-2005, 01:03 PM   #102
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
"Something I never doubted." Said Caer, avoiding the question. "What's your business in Rivendell?"

Old 11-04-2005, 01:04 PM   #103
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"Rest," Ever answered. "What else?" Then, his face twisted into annoyance. "And you didn't answer my question."

My work in progress:

Old 11-04-2005, 01:08 PM   #104
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
Arathorn and Ilenal exchanged looks that passed on hatred from their past together. "Oh, believe me 'Lord' Arathorn, that I did not want to come here, but Gandalf said it was something of importance to meet you before you left Rivendell" he said before glancing at Tanos and then back at Arathorn. "Just to make clear, I don't have any business with the dunedain anymore and for my part, no unsetled business either. I hope you donot have any unsettled business with me either" he said before taking a sagger from a pouch hanging of his belt and threw it onto the ground between them. "The dagger of Ardalog. which you blamed me of losing. I found it from a merchant in Osgiliath"

"

- Carl Sagan
Old 11-04-2005, 01:09 PM   #105
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
"I'm the man who helped you last night." Said Caer.

Old 11-04-2005, 01:12 PM   #106
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Ever blinked. "You look different," he said bluntly.

-------------------

"Did you not loose it?" Arathorn demanded. "Why then did you find it in Osgiliath... in the possessions of a merchant? You cannot find something that has not been lost."

My work in progress:

Old 11-04-2005, 01:14 PM   #107
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
"Well, for one I'm not covered in mud and blood right now."

Old 11-04-2005, 01:19 PM   #108
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
"No, I did not lose it. It was stolen from me" he explained, stepping forwards and grabbing the hilt of his sword, which made the surrounding dunedain draw their swords.

Gandalf shook his head and stpped between them. "Listen to yourselves bickering about a dagger like children" he said with his annoyed, booming voice. "The armies of Sauron march far and wide and you can't think of anything else than bicker" he continued and shook his head, obviously disappointed a the two.

Ilenal exchanged another angry look with Arathorn before stepping away and looking around at the dunedain with their swords in hands, ready to strike the elf down if he layed even a hand on Arathorn. "I am not welcomed here and I deserve those looks, but you go too far by not accepting my apology" he said and turned to the door. He left the house quickly and left Gandalf leaning on his staff and shaking his head. Gandalf looked at Arathorn and repeated himself. "Listen to yourselves..." he said and sighed.

((Oh, come on, Wildjedi. You can't be that bad at thinking of a reply))

"

- Carl Sagan

Last edited by Darth Tepe; 11-05-2005 at 05:02 AM.
Old 11-05-2005, 05:26 PM   #109
Writer
Not switching to DTV

((Patience, Tepe... I've been rather busy recently.))

Arathorn stared after Ilenal as he left. "He shouldn't have let it be stolen in the first place..."

"Gandalf is right, Arathorn," Tanos said softly. "It was hardly Ilenal's fault the dagger was stolen."

Arathorn sighed wearily and turned to Gandalf. "I am too weary to have enemies that should be friends. If you can persuade Ilenal to return, I will accept his apology."

My work in progress:

Old 11-05-2005, 05:49 PM   #110
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
Gandalf looked at Arathorn and shook his head and rose to his full lenght. "Arathorn, son of Arador, I am not your message boy. You go fetch Ilenal" he said and looked at the dunedain leader.

Ilenal, not knowing of what was happening inside, continued walking. He nodded as a hello to some familiar faces and then stayed to talk with a couple of female elves after a while. He knew the ladies from his last trips

"

- Carl Sagan
Old 11-05-2005, 05:57 PM   #111
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Arathorn sighed and stood. "Perhaps I deserve no dignity..."

He left in search of Ilenal. Tanos stared after him and turned to Gandalf.

"A Wizard is not a message boy," he agreed finally. "And perhaps I speak out of turn, but was that truly necessary?"

-------------------

Ever studied the man. "Well, I suppose lack of blood and mud would change your appearance... but you are disguised. I don't think the lack of those things would change you quite so dramatically... are you trying to stay concealed in a place that you are not welcome?"

My work in progress:

Old 11-05-2005, 06:05 PM   #112
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
"Never doubt a wizard, young Tanos" Gandalf said before turning to see him only briefly before he would head out and folow Arathorn.

In the meantime, Ilenal was finishing his little conversation with the elven ladies and would head out to the marketplace next. He would have to stock up his supplies for another trip sooner or later

"

- Carl Sagan
Old 11-05-2005, 06:11 PM   #113
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"As cryptic as he is blunt," Tanos muttered to himself. He followed Gandalf. They caught up with Arathorn just as he'd found Ilenal.

"I cannot afford more enemies than I already have," Arathorn said. "You had no reason to apologize to me and it was wrong of me not to accept the apology, though it was not required." He paused. "Forgive me for falsely accusing you."

My work in progress:

Old 11-05-2005, 06:25 PM   #114
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
Ilenal looked at Gandalf, then at Arathorn and sighed. "There is nothing to be forgiven. I shall be there if you need me... Anytime" the elf said finally after a silence and put his hand out for Arathorn to shake it. He smiled for the first time since the mention of Arathorn

"

- Carl Sagan
Old 11-05-2005, 06:28 PM   #115
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Arathorn took Ilenal's hand firmly and a relieved smile came to his face. "Thank you."

Tanos turned to Gandalf and said, "From now on, I'll take you at your word and never doubt a Wizard." He chuckled. "Something tells me that was good for both Arathorn and Ilenal."

My work in progress:

Old 11-05-2005, 06:31 PM   #116
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
Ilenal nodded at Arathorn as they shook hands and after the firm shake he walked to Gandalf. "I hope you didn't push him too far before he left to find me" he said to the wizard before trning to Tanos. "Oh, Tanos. I think Elrond wanted to speak with you before you left. He mentioned a problem in Rohan"

"

- Carl Sagan
Old 11-06-2005, 07:21 PM   #117
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Tanos' face clouded over in concern. "I will see him immediately."

He hurried off in search of Elrond, but was intercepted by Emara. Her face told him she knew what was going on.

"Tell me," he said. She shook her head.

"I will go with you to Elrond," she said. "But he should be the one to tell you."

"You came with the news of whatever it is, didn't you?" he accused. She nodded wordlessly and led him to Elrond. She bowed and stepped out of Tanos' way.

"Lord Elrond," Tanos said, bowing. "I was told you wanted to see me."

My work in progress:

Old 11-06-2005, 09:16 PM   #118
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
"Actually a place where I may be too welcomed." Caer chuckled.

Old 11-06-2005, 10:37 PM   #119
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"That's a puzzle," Ever said. "Too welcomed? Why?"

My work in progress:

Old 11-07-2005, 12:41 PM   #120
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
"They've been looking for me." Caer said quietly, then he changed subjects. "So where'd your friends go off to?"

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Community > Star Wars Roleplaying > Tales of the third age