lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Tales of the third age
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-07-2005, 02:29 PM   #121
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Current Game: TrackMania Nations
Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
"Tanos ran off with the sister I never knew he had," Ever answered. "As for Ilenal, I have no idea."

Mom tells me I need brain food... but if writing ain't that, I don't know what is!

My work in progress:
Hidden Histories: The Galaxy Hacker

Have a read, give a review, yah?
Writer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-07-2005, 02:56 PM   #122
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
Ilenal followed Tanos and his sister after saying his goobyes and urried after the to siblings had arrived to Elrond's house.

"Tanos. I am glad you came. Rohan is under an attack and we believe Sauron is behind this. There are blacklanders crossing the river consantly and I am sending some of my archers to aid. Gandalf already knows of this and will collectthe dunedain for the journey. If you are up to it, you can leave with the archers" Elrond explained when they arrived infront of him. But before Tanos could answer, the door closed and Ilenal walked to them. "I'll leave with Tanos. He might need some help on the way" he announced

"Our posturings, our imagined self-importance,
the delusion that we have some privileged position in the universe,
are challenged by this point of pale light.
Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
In our obscurity in all this vastness there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.
"

- Carl Sagan
Black Knight of Keno is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-07-2005, 06:05 PM   #123
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
"Oh." He paused ".....Which is which?"

Vader's wife was very pregnant when she died 19 years ago. All of a sudden a 19 year old who is very strong in the force and has a distinct resembalance to him in his younger days rolls in from Vader's home planet with his old Master Obi-Wan (Who was the ONLY other person preset at the time his wife died. And to boot, the kid's last name is Skywalker.

So in answer to your question, he knew Luke was his son because his name is Darth Vader, and not Darth Retard.

-Forum post on why Vader knew Luke was his son.
jokemaster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-07-2005, 08:07 PM   #124
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"What do you mean?" Ever demanded, suddenly feeling annoyed at being kept from the food he wanted.

-------------------

Tanos' hands were clenched into fists. "Thank you, Lord Elrond. I will prepare for departure at once."

He bowed, glanced at his sister, and left. Emara's eyes closed for a second. Then, she opened them and smiled. "Thank you, Lord Elrond," she echoed, bowing as her brother had done, and hurried out after him.

Mom tells me I need brain food... but if writing ain't that, I don't know what is!

My work in progress:

Old 11-08-2005, 01:49 PM   #125
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
Ilenal looked after the humans and shook his head. "Lord Elrond" he said and bowed before rushing after the siblings. He ran over to Tanos as soon as he found them and grabbed his shoulder to stop him. "Tanos, don't make any hasty decisions. Sleep the night here and fill your food supplies. It will be a long journey, even by the high road" he said and walked infront of him to block his path. "Besides, the hobbit is still somewhere around the town and we don't know where"

In our obscurity in all this vastness there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.
"

- Carl Sagan
Old 11-08-2005, 02:13 PM   #126
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Tanos nodded slowly. "You're right." He glanced around. "Ever will have gone to look for food." He turned to Emara. "Look for him, will you?"

She hurried off to find Ever and Tanos turned back to Ilenal.

"You're right," he said finally. "As much as I hate the news Elrond had, I cannot rush into something like this." He took a deep breath and let it out slowly. "Thank you."

My work in progress:

Old 11-08-2005, 02:37 PM   #127
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
"Like I said, I'll go with you so you have a guide for the trip" he said and looked at the mountains. "But I have doubts of a pony's strenght when crossing the mountains. Ever's pony should go with the dunedain and throught the gap of Rohan" he said and looked bact at the man. His hands slipped onto his belt and he watched him. "That is, if Ever will be willing to be seperated from the pony"

"

- Carl Sagan
Old 11-08-2005, 02:39 PM   #128
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"He won't have a major problem with it," Tanos said.

My work in progress:

Old 11-08-2005, 02:52 PM   #129
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
"Well, that's good. That way he can come with us" he said and started to walk towards the stables nearby. "I have a friend living nearby. If you need me, ask for Duliel's place" he said and turned away. "And if you need fresh food, ask for Belianel from one of the merchants. He has the best food in the whole Eriador" he said before starting to walk down the road

"

- Carl Sagan

Last edited by Darth Tepe; 11-08-2005 at 03:24 PM.
Old 11-08-2005, 08:15 PM   #130
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
"I saw you with a man and an elf. Which is Tanos and which is Ilenal?"

Vader's wife was very pregnant when she died 19 years ago. All of a sudden a 19 year old who is very strong in the force and has a distinct resembalance to him in his younger days rolls in from Vader's home planet with his old Master Obi-Wan (Who was the ONLY other person preset at the time his wife died. And to boot, the kid's last name is Skywalker.

So in answer to your question, he knew Luke was his son because his name is Darth Vader, and not Darth Retard.

Old 11-08-2005, 09:44 PM   #131
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"Oh..." Ever muttered. Just then Emara approached him.

"Ever," she said. "Tanos wants you. I'll..." Her voice faded as she caught sight of the man Ever was talking to. "Who's this?"

"I'd tell you if he told me," Ever grumbled.

My work in progress:

Old 11-08-2005, 09:45 PM   #132
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
"A traveler." Replied Caer. "I met him and Tanos last night."

Old 11-08-2005, 09:51 PM   #133
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"A traveler who refuses to give his name," Emara said smiling. "Rare in Rivendell. Excuse us, please. My brother awaits us."

Ever took one more look at Caer before turning to follow Emara.

My work in progress:

Old 11-08-2005, 09:59 PM   #134
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
Caer raised an eyebrow, waited a few minutes, then followed them carefully.

Old 11-08-2005, 10:13 PM   #135
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Emara led Ever to Tanos and Tanos thanked her. She stepped aside.

"Ever," Tanos said. "I know we just got here, but we're leaving tomorrow."

"What? Why?" Ever stared at his friend as though he had gone crazy.

"Rohan is in trouble," Tanos answered. "Though I left to become a Ranger, I must go back. It is not right for me to leave them alone when they need me."

"And you're dragging me along too?" Ever demanded. "Tanos the Bully?"

"As if you'd stay behind when I left," Tanos laughed. "Bully? No, and you know it."

"Yes, I'm coming with you," Ever said. "But if we're leaving tomorrow, I'd best get my fill of the food!"

He hurried off and Tanos laughed again. Then his face turned serious and he faced Emara.

"You are going to stay here," he told her. "You risked your life to carry the information to Elrond. You will not risk it again in protecting our country."

"Don't think you can stop me, Tanos," Emara answered evenly. "I am coming and you have nothing to fear for me... any more than you would for yourself. I can defend myself. This you know, for you watched much of my training."

"The fact that you can doesn't mean that you should," Tanos argued.

"It doesn't mean I shouldn't," Emara retorted. Tanos was silent for a long time.

"You remain here," he said. "My word is final."

"You aren't father," she told him as he turned from her. At this, he wheeled around to face her again.

"No," he answered. "No, I'm simply the eldest man of the family since he died! Do not try to undermine my authority in this family simply because I have chosen to wander the world these last ten years!"

Emara fell silent, not daring to arouse his anger any further and Tanos stalked out.

My work in progress:

Old 11-08-2005, 10:19 PM   #136
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
Caer overheard the conversation. As Tanos walked out he spoke from behind him.

"If Rohan's under attack you're going to need more help than just a hobbit."

Old 11-08-2005, 10:54 PM   #137
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Tanos stopped and turned. "You look somewhat better today than you did in that little battle with the wolf riders." He paused thoughtfully. "Are you offering your help?"

My work in progress:

Old 11-09-2005, 08:30 AM   #138
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
((Ilenal will be out of picture 'till you get tto the part where you're ready to leave Rivendell behind))

"

- Carl Sagan
Old 11-09-2005, 04:57 PM   #139
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
"Are you asking for it?"

Old 11-09-2005, 06:27 PM   #140
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"You're right about needing more help," Tanos said, evading the question. "My Elven companion you saw in that battle will be joining me as well. And the Dunedain under Arathorn go there on a different path."

Then, he faced the question. "I do not easily accept the help of those I have never met, but if you offer it, I shall ask your name and take your help gladly. This will be no easy battle and you have proven your worth in battle."

My work in progress:

Old 11-09-2005, 06:32 PM   #141
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
Caer smiled slightly.

"You say I've proven my worth, but you still won't trust me."

Old 11-09-2005, 07:21 PM   #142
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"Worth and trustworthiness are two very different things," Tanos told him. "You're good in a fight... but does that make you trustworthy?"

My work in progress:

Old 11-09-2005, 07:23 PM   #143
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
"I have no love for orcs. What more do you need?"

Old 11-09-2005, 07:28 PM   #144
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"Not much," Tanos answered. "A name would help."

My work in progress:

Old 11-09-2005, 07:30 PM   #145
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
"And what makes you so sure I wouldn't lie?"

Old 11-09-2005, 07:49 PM   #146
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"Though I am young, I have become very good at knowing if a man lies to me," Tanos answered. "Feel free to do so, but I will continue asking until you give me your real name."

My work in progress:

Old 11-09-2005, 08:10 PM   #147
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
"Really?" He shrugged. "I suppose that it won't hurt to tell you." He looked Tanos straight in the eyes, and lied flawlessly. "I'm Corso Velas."

Old 11-10-2005, 12:18 AM   #148
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Tanos squinted at Caer and frowned. He shook his head slowly. "I don't believe you."

My work in progress:

Old 11-10-2005, 12:25 AM   #149
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
Caer shrugged. "I warned you I'd probably lie."

Old 11-10-2005, 12:27 AM   #150
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Tanos chuckled. "And I warned you I'd pester you about it until you told the truth."

My work in progress:

Old 11-10-2005, 12:34 AM   #151
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
"So pester away." said Caer, and began walking away.

Old 11-10-2005, 12:35 AM   #152
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Tanos chuckled and followed him. "Why is it you won't reveal your name? Or do you have no other reason than to annoy those you meet?"

My work in progress:

Old 11-10-2005, 12:41 AM   #153
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
"You got it the second time. Annoying you is the reason I get up every morning."

Old 11-10-2005, 12:44 AM   #154
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Tanos laughed. "I am not annoyed. I simply get the feeling I've met you somewhere before... I wanted your name to be sure one way or the other."

My work in progress:

Old 11-10-2005, 12:46 AM   #155
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
"I guess you'll never know"

Old 11-10-2005, 12:53 AM   #156
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Tanos nodded good-naturedly. "I could turn my mind-reading sister on you," he said. It was a joke. He was not trying to hide the fact that it was untrue. Emara was no telepath and she would be the first to announce the truth.

"Are you overplaying me, Tanos?" she demanded, coming up behind him. She turned to Caer. "My brother is overextending himself." She glared at Tanos. "I only wish he'd have done so where it came to my fighting abilities."

"Emara, we've been through this," Tanos sighed. "You're staying here."

My work in progress:

Old 11-10-2005, 12:55 AM   #157
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
"I'm not so sure Tanos." Commented Caer. "You sister looks more stubborn than you."

Old 11-10-2005, 12:57 AM   #158
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"What do you mean by that?" Tanos demanded, facing Caer again.

My work in progress:

Old 11-10-2005, 01:04 AM   #159
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
"I'm saying that chances are, wether you want to or not, she'll go anyway."

Old 11-10-2005, 01:12 AM   #160
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Tanos frowned. "Don't give her ideas."

Emara grinned, but when Tanos turned to face her, her face had gone back to annoyance.

"Why are you so set against my going?" she demanded. Tanos glanced from her to Caer and back. In the fraction of a second that his gaze was on Caer, Emara nodded to Caer, signifying that she was indeed planning on going. A look of pleading also appeared in the brief moments before Tanos turned back to her. She wanted his help.

"It's danger," Tanos answered stubbornly. "Emara, you've seen enough in your life. This is one situation you don't need... please."

Emara said nothing.

My work in progress:

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Community > Star Wars Roleplaying > Tales of the third age