lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Tales of the third age
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-23-2005, 08:24 PM   #281
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
The elf glanced at the man and took his pipe from his mouth, making a couple of smoke rings. "Cat got your tongue?" he asked and looked at the mountainside on the other side of the pass with a smile, placing the pipe again onto his lips. He felt that Tanos wanted to say something, because the athmosphere of the moment changed immediatly when he came and lit up his pipe. He could see the human with the corner of his eye and chcuckled a bit. "You can tell me, for I am a very calm man most of the time and if you can keep your temper under control"

"Our posturings, our imagined self-importance,
the delusion that we have some privileged position in the universe,
are challenged by this point of pale light.
Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
In our obscurity in all this vastness there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.
"

- Carl Sagan

Last edited by Darth Tepe; 11-23-2005 at 08:34 PM.
Black Knight of Keno is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-23-2005, 08:27 PM   #282
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Current Game: TrackMania Nations
Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
((Uh, It's Tanos sitting next to Ilenal ))

Mom tells me I need brain food... but if writing ain't that, I don't know what is!

My work in progress:
Hidden Histories: The Galaxy Hacker

Have a read, give a review, yah?
Writer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-23-2005, 08:32 PM   #283
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
((It is? O.o))

((EDIT: Edited it... hmh... I really read it was Ever that sat down... I'll put it on sleepyness... Yes, sleepyness))

In our obscurity in all this vastness there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.
"

- Carl Sagan
Old 11-23-2005, 08:39 PM   #284
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Tanos remained silent for a moment. Then he said, "No, I have nothing to say."

Mom tells me I need brain food... but if writing ain't that, I don't know what is!

My work in progress:

Old 11-23-2005, 08:46 PM   #285
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
"Well, then I'm disappointed. I you would go around messing with my sister, I would have some well selected words to give you" he said and kept looking forwards, blowing smoke from the side of his mouth as he smoked the pipe

"

- Carl Sagan
Old 11-23-2005, 08:48 PM   #286
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"If that's what you want," Tanos threatened, but aside from that, he fell silent again.

My work in progress:

Old 11-23-2005, 08:57 PM   #287
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
"I would've thought that you had more guts than that" he said and stood up, closing th hatch on the pipe nd placed it on the bag on his belt. He left towards the back of the cave again, ot giving the man another look. He unwrapped his cloak from around him and looked at Emara silently. He sat down nex to the fire and smiled, just staring at the woman quietly as she slept. He kept the pipe in the bag and did not start to smoke this time. He started a quiet song about Rohan and kept it as merely a whisper

"

- Carl Sagan
Old 11-23-2005, 09:13 PM   #288
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Tanos turned and watched as Ilenal went back to Emara and the fire. He shook his head slowly and turned back toward the sunrise. Normally, he'd do more. He would have actually warned Ilenal not to speak with Emara, but something held him back. It irritated him, but as he wasn't sure what it was, there wasn't much he could do about it.

Emara was dreaming of Rohan. At first, it was the peaceful Rohan she'd grown up in. But then things changed and she watched as an army marched through, trampling everything... and she woke up, startled. She saw Ilenal before anything else.

"Rohan," she murmured. Then, "Good morning."

My work in progress:

Old 11-23-2005, 09:24 PM   #289
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
"Morning" he said and looked at her with a smile. A couple of arcers had started making breakfast as soon as they had otten up and Ilenal looked at them. "Breakfast is almost ready, and your brother is outside" he said in the tongue that was spoken in Rohan and nodded towards the cave entrance. The elven head turned back to look at Emara after that and he smile warmly. "Do not be afraid of Rohan. It is the home of the horse lords and the dwelling place of Rohirrim. They will fight to the last man if it comes to it. Rohan is quite safe"

"

- Carl Sagan
Old 11-23-2005, 09:38 PM   #290
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"Even the Horse Lords will need help if what I have dreamed is what is to come," Emara told him. "A great army, ten thousand at least. Destroying everything I've known and loved."

My work in progress:

Old 11-23-2005, 09:40 PM   #291
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
Caer silently stood up and walked to the archers' camps to wait for breakfast, carefully avoiding Tanos, Ilenal, and Emera. The archers were silent.

Vader's wife was very pregnant when she died 19 years ago. All of a sudden a 19 year old who is very strong in the force and has a distinct resembalance to him in his younger days rolls in from Vader's home planet with his old Master Obi-Wan (Who was the ONLY other person preset at the time his wife died. And to boot, the kid's last name is Skywalker.

So in answer to your question, he knew Luke was his son because his name is Darth Vader, and not Darth Retard.

-Forum post on why Vader knew Luke was his son.
jokemaster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-23-2005, 09:44 PM   #292
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Ever awoke not long after Caer went to wait for breakfast. He saw Tanos, but knew from the look on Tanos' face that it would not be good to disturb him. He saw Ilenal and Emara, but they looked like they were having a serious discussion... something he was not terribly fond of. With a sigh, he went over to see how breakfast was coming... and found himself standing by Caer.

"Did you sleep restfully?" he asked the man, trying to spark some conversation.

My work in progress:

Old 11-23-2005, 09:45 PM   #293
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
"But you do not know when this army is to be. It might be another thousand years until the army marches on the lands of Rohan" he said as his smile faded slowly. "Rohirrim is strong and even if Gondor's and Rohan's ties are chilly, they need each others to be intact. Gondor will come to aid in case of that kind of an army"

"

- Carl Sagan
Old 11-23-2005, 09:49 PM   #294
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Emara nodded. "You're right," she agreed. "Thank you."

My work in progress:

Old 11-23-2005, 09:54 PM   #295
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
Caer looked at the hobbit.

"Yes, I did. You?"

Vader's wife was very pregnant when she died 19 years ago. All of a sudden a 19 year old who is very strong in the force and has a distinct resembalance to him in his younger days rolls in from Vader's home planet with his old Master Obi-Wan (Who was the ONLY other person preset at the time his wife died. And to boot, the kid's last name is Skywalker.

So in answer to your question, he knew Luke was his son because his name is Darth Vader, and not Darth Retard.

Old 11-23-2005, 09:56 PM   #296
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"Mostly, yes," Ever answered. "But even after the periods of time I've spent traveling with Tanos, I can never quite get comfortable without a proper bed..."

My work in progress:

Old 11-23-2005, 09:59 PM   #297
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
"You're welcome" he said and nodded. He took out the map again and looked at it. "We still have many days to travel. I would say a week to Lorien and a couple of days to Edoras from there" he said and looked at Emara. "We leave after breakfast"

"

- Carl Sagan
Old 11-23-2005, 10:03 PM   #298
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
Caer shrugged. "Nobody can. At least, not until they've spent so much time away from one they've forgotten what it's like"

Old 11-23-2005, 10:12 PM   #299
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Emara nodded that she understood and went to see Tanos.

"You're quiet," she observed.

"You love an Elf," he answered. "Of course, I'm quiet."

"Tanos," she started, but he cut her off.

"Emara, he's going to leave Middle Earth someday," he said. "I don't want you hurt because the sea called him away before you were ready."

"The call of the sea is strong," Emara agreed. "But what of love?"

"He loves his sister too," Tanos answered. "If he stays, he'll be forever torn between his love for you and his desire to leave."

"Then perhaps I can go with him," Emara said. Tanos stared at her in open astonishment.

"Even if you could, you would be turned away at the ship's destination," he said. "No, Emara that wouldn't work. Couldn't work. You'll end up with a broken heart if you stay with him now."

"Perhaps this love is enough that I don't care," Emara told him. After staring at her for a few more seconds, Tanos sighed.

"Then there is nothing more for me to say," he said.

---------------------------

"Do you travel that much?" Ever wondered.

My work in progress:

Old 11-23-2005, 10:20 PM   #300
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
Caer noticed that the hobbit was observant.

"Yes." He said simply

Old 11-23-2005, 10:24 PM   #301
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
Ilenal watched Emara's and Tanos' coversation from the back of the cave before standing up and going to the archers. He whispered something in quenya to them and most of them bursted out laughting. They got a large bowl and filled it up and then handing it over to the hobbit. That bowl had to be at least twice as large as the other bowls. Ilenal winked and took his small meal and a piece of bread and again went to the back of the cave. The archers started to give out the breakfast. Ilenal sat again in the back of the cave and ate. He saw that neither Emara or Tanos looked happy after their conversation. Both were more hard-headed than the elf had thought at fist

"

- Carl Sagan

Last edited by Darth Tepe; 11-24-2005 at 12:07 PM.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:27 PM   #302
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
Caer went to the archers, got the smallest bowl that was there, and went back with Ever.

Old 11-24-2005, 02:49 PM   #303
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Though Tanos and Emara walked together to get breakfast, they said nothing to each other as they came and after each had gotten their food, the separated.

Meanwhile, Ever was still curious. "Why do you travel so much?"

My work in progress:

Old 11-24-2005, 02:52 PM   #304
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
Caer shrugged. "Why do you?"

Old 11-24-2005, 02:55 PM   #305
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"I follow Tanos because he interests me," Ever said. "Why do you travel so much?"

My work in progress:

Old 11-24-2005, 03:04 PM   #306
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
Ilenal looked at Emara quietly and set his bowl down next to him. He wanted to apologize of causing their dispute, but it would probably not b heard by these two stubborn siblings. He shook his head and ate the rest of his bread before packing his things and taking his saddlebag and stamping out the fire. The elf gave the bowl to the archers as he headed to his horse and placed the cloth and the saddlebag onto the steed. He whispered something into it's ear and it let out a breath, pressing it's head back down to get some last rest. Ilenal walked out and sat down next to the entrance again, closing his eyes and breathing slowly. He could feel a bitter wind, even if there was no wind on the pass, and could hear the waves hitting the tall cliffs near the Grey Havens... He shook his head and opened his eyes

"

- Carl Sagan
Old 11-24-2005, 03:57 PM   #307
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
"Because I choose to." Said Caer.

Old 11-25-2005, 01:11 PM   #308
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"See, that's what I don't understand," Ever said. "You choose to travel a lot... wouldn't you rather have a set place to come home to?"

-----------------------------

Emara stayed by the archers' fire while Tanos went back to the one that he and Ever had shared. They ate in silence, gave their bowls back and silently prepared to go.

My work in progress:

Old 11-25-2005, 01:17 PM   #309
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
Ilenal wandered off and soon whistled, his horse jumping up and running from the cave. The elf stood quietly and looked at the clear sky, smiling as he jumped onto his trusty horse. He looked back at the cave and shook his head, soon to be joined by the scout and a few archers. They talked for a moment and then fell silent. The hood of Ilenal's was drawn way up fron and covered his face almost completely and his cape was open only from a small part of the front of his body. Once Emara eventually came from the cave, he looked at her quietly, not knowing what to sya and it took him a while to get his mind clear. "Emara, the sea is calling me" he said in the tongue of Rohan as he rode right next to her. If you would've seen his eyes, they were obviously sad. He did not want to have yet another problem on the journey, especially one that involved the ocean and his longing for the golden lands of Valinor

"

- Carl Sagan
Old 11-25-2005, 01:19 PM   #310
Writer
Not switching to DTV

In the same tongue she answered, "It will forever call you until you answer the call and make the journey."

My work in progress:

Old 11-25-2005, 01:28 PM   #311
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
"But I do not want to make the journey... I have you in my life" he said and looked at her. Hi hand reached out and touched her cheek softly. "I want to stay here with you"

"

- Carl Sagan
Old 11-25-2005, 01:37 PM   #312
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
"Maybe, and I used to. But this is my life now."

Old 11-25-2005, 03:04 PM   #313
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"Even were you to remain here with me, I am still mortal," Emara reminded him. "You would have to part with me at one time or another."

-----------

"Is it your life by choice or by necessity?" Ever wondered.

My work in progress:

Old 11-25-2005, 03:12 PM   #314
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
"By necessity as a consequence of a choice I made." Replied Caer.

Old 11-25-2005, 05:38 PM   #315
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"That sounds like exile," Ever observed.

My work in progress:

Old 11-25-2005, 05:43 PM   #316
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
"It is. My life right now is riding around, finding and killing Orcs, goblins, trolls, and anything else of that kind."

Old 11-25-2005, 05:46 PM   #317
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"Don't you ever wish you could go back? To wherever you're from?" Ever asked.

My work in progress:

Old 11-25-2005, 05:53 PM   #318
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
Caer smiled wearily. "Sometimes."

Old 11-25-2005, 06:08 PM   #319
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"Is there any way that's possible?" Ever wanted to know.

My work in progress:

Old 11-25-2005, 06:09 PM   #320
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
"For me? Probably not." He looked at the hobbit. "What about you?"

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Community > Star Wars Roleplaying > Tales of the third age