lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Video card blues :P
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-25-2005, 01:13 PM   #1
Dervish108
Rookie

Video card blues :P

64 MB 3D Graphics card with Hardware Vertex andPixel Shader (VS/PS) Capability

This is what you need bare minimum for SW:BF2 and a host of other games, both SW and non-SW.

I currently have an old Dell, and may not be able to buy a new PC for a few more months. I think my PC can only support AGP 4x, and the power source is 250 W. I don't care if the suggested video card is cheap and low end, if it can run on my miserable old PC, I am happy. Any ideas, folks?

Does Radeon 95/9600 series or GeforceFX 5900 sound about right?

The cheaper the better :P As long as I can run SW BF 2 with it. (As of now, I have crappy GEForce 4 MX :/ )
Dervish108 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-25-2005, 06:24 PM   #2
zerted
Click Center of Circle: O

My motherboard supports AGP 4x. When I have it set to that, I get a huge amount of screen corruption. If I restrict it to 1x everything looks good. Performance wise, I don't see any difference between 4x and 1x. Don't worry if you only have AGP 4x, its more than enough to play games.

By the way, I have a GeforceFX 5900XT, 512MB of memory, and two Athlon XP 2400+ in my computer. Though I haven't played some of the latest, most graphic intensive games, it works well for everything else.

(I may not agree with thoughts posted under this name)
Looking for a mature clan? Checkout www.rdhclan.net
email/PM me for more info
zerted is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-29-2005, 09:46 AM   #3
master_skywalke

There is a HUGE difference between AGP x1 and x4, x4 goes way faster and its bandwith is 4 times bigger then AGPx1. If you would buy a new motherboard or even new pc I recommend that it has a Pci-Express x16 (or higher) slot for the newest games.

master_skywalke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-29-2005, 06:04 PM   #4
zerted
Click Center of Circle: O

Quote:
Originally Posted by master_skywalke
There is a HUGE difference between AGP x1 and x4, x4 goes way faster and its bandwith is 4 times bigger then AGPx1.
Yes, I know there is a difference between AGPx1 and AGPx4, but what I was saying: that for some reason on my system, there is not a performance different in SWBF1 between AGPx1 and AGPx4 modes in my BIOS.

(I may not agree with thoughts posted under this name)
Looking for a mature clan? Checkout www.rdhclan.net
email/PM me for more info
zerted is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > SWBattlefront.net (SWBF I & II) > Star Wars Battlefront II > Tech Help > Video card blues :P