lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: Revan vs. Exile vs. New PC; Who will you be?
Revan 42 29.79%
The Exile 7 4.96%
New PC 84 59.57%
Don't Really Care 8 5.67%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Revan vs. Exile vs. New PC
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-31-2005, 01:18 PM   #41
TheExileReturns
Rookie

How about the PC in Kotor III is the child (grown up of course) of Jolee Bindo. We never know if he had kids. That would be a nice plot twist and very Star Wars like. We could also find out what ever happened to old Jolee. Perhaps Revan would recognise the child as Jolee's offspring or perhaps Jolee's kid would not know who their true father was and this would be revealed to them later in the game?
TheExileReturns is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-31-2005, 01:50 PM   #42
IndianaSolo
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheExileReturns
How about the PC in Kotor III is the child (grown up of course) of Jolee Bindo. We never know if he had kids. That would be a nice plot twist and very Star Wars like. We could also find out what ever happened to old Jolee. Perhaps Revan would recognise the child as Jolee's offspring or perhaps Jolee's kid would not know who their true father was and this would be revealed to them later in the game?
That would be terrible. It would mean the only race you could choose would be a black man or woman. Already you're alienating the majority of gamers who like to use the white or asian looking templates, not to mention you're not giving people the freedom to create their own character.

Darth Maul - The Forgotten Sith
IndianaSolo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-31-2005, 04:37 PM   #43
Samurai DD

Quote:
I think that's a great idea. But I agree with IndianaSolo. But Jolee's partner could have been anyone, so the kid can be white, asian, or whatever like his mom. Not genetically feasible, but you get teh point.
Samurai DD is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-31-2005, 05:45 PM   #44
RobQel-Droma
Blah

Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
But it wouldn't make sense for a pale white skinned human to be the offspring of Jolee. It just would be a little bit to wierd. I vote against being any of the earlier characters offspring.
RobQel-Droma is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-01-2005, 07:58 PM   #45
Samurai DD

There a lot of exceptions to that, you know. I have seen african people with blue eyes, because they have parents of both races. If you combine a caucasian with an african american, you could get anything.
Old 11-02-2005, 12:06 AM   #46
†Saint_Killa†

why not start as a new one not an offspring from older NPC's...

I just don't feel like it's good for me... well for me but for you guys... don't let me get in your way

but any way it connects the game

"You cannot kill which you did not create."

-Duality
†Saint_Killa† is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-02-2005, 10:17 AM   #47
Darthrevan_3
Rookie

me 2

yea i think that the PC shud be the offspring of someone u meet in the game, depending on what color of character u choose in the begining.

eg: If ur white, then u r Carth and Bastila's kid, if ur black, like TheExileReturns
said, u wud be the child of Jolee or sumthing like that.[IMG][/IMG]
Darthrevan_3 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-02-2005, 10:33 AM   #48
JediFanatic10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redleaderwedge
I kind of like that Idea, as that I would like to have both Revan and "The Exile" in my party at some point in the game. Because they're charachters were too deep, and the moment between Carth and The Exile about finding Revan was too hinting to be completel ignored.
man if you have both of those jedi in your party whats the point of having any other party members, because all you need for total domination is the three right there. Definately a bad choice unless you join up at the end to take on the True Dark Lord.
JediFanatic10 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-02-2005, 10:36 AM   #49
JediFanatic10
Rookie

Maybe even be the son of Revan looking for his father, with his power bestowed within you and you can also find him through the force ultimately leading you to eachother, and whether you fight him/join him/ etc. is up in the air
JediFanatic10 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-02-2005, 11:02 AM   #50
RobQel-Droma
Blah

^Revan can be female you know, and if she was DS then that would mean: dead Carth = no kids.
Old 11-02-2005, 09:29 PM   #51
TheExileReturns
Rookie

You're not considering the fact that Jolee's wife could have been alien (Twilek, Zabrak, Cathaar, Miraluka etc.) The child could be half human/ half whatever, assuming they could interbreed. I don't see why the race should be an issue with your PC being the child of Jolee.
TheExileReturns is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-02-2005, 09:44 PM   #52
Darthrevan_3
Rookie

I once again agree with The Exile Returns, and Jolee's wife cud be anything, and I mean anything...sweet but the PC cud be anybody u meet in the game's offspring. Me and my sister have created 2 characters and a planet, so we cud use them two.
Old 11-02-2005, 10:46 PM   #53
RobQel-Droma
Blah

So we are going to be Mr. Bindo. Quarter black, quater asian, quarter twi-lek, and quarter whatever. Uh-uh, no. And if we are going on genetically possible, isn't it genetically IMpossible to breed with a different species, as in aliens? If not, well then, we could be anything. Twi-Lek, Miraluka, Trandoshan. So what if they put the option to be an alien in, you would only be half alien. Some half-breed human with the start of headtails half growing out of their head, or something worse .

Why not be Juhani's child? Or Canderous's? Or Mission's? Look at it this way. What about those people that went to Kashyyyk last because of Jolee? You might be causing a lot of people to be disgusted at being his child, instead of being a totally new PC without any known parents.

The fact is, while it might be genetically possible for their to be a round-shaped faced pale white person to be the son of a black square-shaped face person, it would be strange anyways. It would definitely not be common, and it would be very wierd. It might be able to happen, but only in a long shot, and it wouldn't make sense for some people.
Old 11-02-2005, 11:42 PM   #54
Blaze629
Rookie

New PC for me.
Blaze629 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-03-2005, 10:43 AM   #55
Prime
Super Dimension Fortress

Current Game: Skyrim
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
You're not considering the fact that Jolee's wife could have been alien (Twilek, Zabrak, Cathaar, Miraluka etc.) The child could be half human/ half whatever, assuming they could interbreed. I don't see why the race should be an issue with your PC being the child of Jolee.
At most his wife could only be what is refered to as near-human. Other species are just that, other species. So that means there can be no cross-breeding because the genetics are too different. So if the PC is alien, that eliminates romantic plotlines with human characters.

Personally I don't think that is the way to go.

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-03-2005, 11:31 PM   #56
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime
Other species are just that, other species. So that means there can be no cross-breeding because the genetics are too different. So if the PC is alien, that eliminates romantic plotlines with human characters.
While it is quite true that genetically two members of a different alien species would not likely be able to have children (Gene Rodenberry's universes excepted), this certainly does not remove any possibility of romance between them. As long as both cultures have similar concepts of love, etc. And are physically compatable.*

Just my 2 cents!

* Last line added for LIAYD!

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by RedHawke; 11-03-2005 at 11:58 PM.
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-03-2005, 11:41 PM   #57
lukeiamyourdad
Using Teletraan I

LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHawke
As long as both cultures have similar concepts of love, etc.

I dunno. Possible I guess, but it would weird when they...you know...try to do...stuff...

To each his own I guess

Ahem...well, except for females twi'leks. They're just hot and cool

http://www.marioramos.ca/ -A friend of mine and an aspiring filmmaker.
lukeiamyourdad is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-04-2005, 11:02 AM   #58
RobQel-Droma
Blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeiamyourdad
I dunno. Possible I guess, but it would weird when they...you know...try to do...stuff...

To each his own I guess

Ahem...well, except for females twi'leks. They're just hot and cool
That top line is one of the problems I have about playing as an alien. What if you were a Kel Dor Revan and Bastila, you know, kissed you? That would be really wierd.
Old 11-05-2005, 07:06 AM   #59
ydroj
Lurker

For KotOR 3, I want to be the new PC. Because the developer of KotOR 3 should have made a choice about the road The Exile walks. Light or Dark....The same as they did in KotOR 2, where Revan walked the path of the Dark Side. Otherwise your going to start with someone who hasn't chosen yet. That is how you play KotOR. And that should be weird, considering you chose already in KotOR 1 & 2. Another fact is that you are already very strong in the Force and you couldn't choose as much powers as we did in KotOR 1 & 2. So KotOR 3 must be with a new PC.
ydroj is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-05-2005, 07:36 AM   #60
†Saint_Killa†

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobQel-Droma
That top line is one of the problems I have about playing as an alien. What if you were a Kel Dor Revan and Bastila, you know, kissed you? That would be really wierd.
OMG, that's really weird two Kel-Dor's kssing each other?! They cover their mouths. If they removed that I say it's the most disgusting and slimy kissing scene in the world.

No alien's for me.

"You cannot kill which you did not create."

-Duality
†Saint_Killa† is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-05-2005, 11:37 AM   #61
Darthrevan_3
Rookie

that seen wud be SO FRIGGIN" FUNNY

I'd wet myself if i saw that.. Imagine if it was like, Zoid burg or sumthing..

Srry if u haven't seen Futurama, Zoidburg is a crab.
Old 11-05-2005, 02:13 PM   #62
RobQel-Droma
Blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by †Saint_Killa†
OMG, that's really weird two Kel-Dor's kssing each other?! They cover their mouths. If they removed that I say it's the most disgusting and slimy kissing scene in the world.

No alien's for me.
Well, actually I was talking about a Kel-Dor and Bastila (human) kissing. But it would still be disgusting either way.
Old 11-06-2005, 06:24 AM   #63
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

How about we play as Revan and Exile's children?

New PC.

Sabretooth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-06-2005, 04:04 PM   #64
The Doctor
Retired

Forum Veteran 
^You can reject Bastila. That wouldn't be an original idea.
I think they should drop the romance thing altogether, but they probably won't.
The Doctor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-06-2005, 08:09 PM   #65
RobQel-Droma
Blah

The chances of them dropping the romance is probably about the same as getting rid of the Hawk, or the two droids. Its been there, its probably going to stay.
Old 11-08-2005, 04:04 PM   #66
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

Current Game: Assassin's Creed
LFN Staff Member Veteran Fan Fic Author Contest winner - Fan Fiction Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobQel-Droma
The chances of them dropping the romance is probably about the same as getting rid of the Hawk, or the two droids. Its been there, its probably going to stay.
I agree even if some of the romance plots sound cheesy

Still I voted accidently for Revan but I would rather have a new PC. Just as long as the background makes sense. I went through the game TSL several times and still didn't make a good connection to where the Exile was coming from
JediMaster12 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-08-2005, 04:37 PM   #67
deathdisco
Bastards of Young

Veteran Modder Contest winner - Modding 
I would think the new PC would be an apprentice of one of the Exile's old crew.
spoiler:
Kreia did say that she foresaw they would become the basis of the new Jedi order in the final confrontation.

deathdisco is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-08-2005, 05:29 PM   #68
RobQel-Droma
Blah

^I would actually rather have Bastila as your master.

The people from K2 and the others from K1 should all make cameos; Not all of them, of course, people like Juhani, Zaalbar, maybe Mission, and some from K2 probably shouldn't be there. Juhani could have been killed and it wouldn't have depended on Revan's alignment the first time; Anyways, she wasn't that much of an important character. Same for Zaalbar, he isn't important enough for the devs to try and fit him in there.
Old 11-08-2005, 07:04 PM   #69
Samurai DD

But he is a Wookie! Wookies rule!!! He can't die!
Old 11-08-2005, 07:15 PM   #70
The Doctor
Retired

Forum Veteran 
^Chewbacca died.
But you're right, Zalaar shouldn't die. THAT WOULD SUCK!
The Doctor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-08-2005, 07:17 PM   #71
Samurai DD

I know he died, but that was crappy EU... I like EU but they shouldn't have killed Chewie. Anyways, it took a moon to take the furry guy out. Wookies rule!
Old 11-08-2005, 09:03 PM   #72
Anathema78
Lurker

I voted 'Dont really care'.
I can see why most people would want a new PC but it gets a little repetitive starting at lvl 1 all the time. We can all predict it already.

First level you're a normal person with no knowledge of the force. You're under attack from some enemy. You survive, meet a jedi master who trains you to become a jedi.
You become a jedi in record time and go off to the unexplored regions in search of Revan and the Exile even though you're hopelessly inexperienced, while all the other jedi masters just sit on their arses in some Enclave.

You know that's what it's gonna be like! :P
Anathema78 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-08-2005, 09:07 PM   #73
RobQel-Droma
Blah

I never said that Zaalbar should die, I just said he shouldn't be in there. Personally, WOOKIEES RULE!!!!!! For Chewie to die was just heartbreaking.... That *sniff* poor, poor Wookiee *sniff*....

I was just saying that he wasn't that important enough to make a cameo. But we need a Wookiee. Probably the most recurring things in KotOR are 1)Ebon Hawk, 2) T3, 3) HK, 4)A Wookiee. We need all four to come back.

EDIT: But, Anathema, it doesn't have to be repetitive. It would be nice if it was a bit different twist on things, although I have a feeling that it will be like you said. But the complications of making you be Revan/Exile again are just... Well, I doubt it could be done and make a good story.
Old 11-08-2005, 09:26 PM   #74
Anathema78
Lurker

I agree with the Revan/Exile thing. I'd like the PC to start at maybe lvl 5 or something, as an already established jedi. A lot of people have said how they'd like to start the game with a lightsaber.

With the first two games they could justify the PC getting so strong so soon because they had previously been jedi and suffered the old amnesia thing.
If they pull that trick again with a new PC...
Anathema78 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-09-2005, 12:04 AM   #75
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anathema78
I'd like the PC to start at maybe lvl 5 or something, as an already established jedi.
You can be level 1 and an "established" Jedi. Starting the game beyond level one is unacceptable. Do not discern level as a statement of capability.

Example: Bastila was less than level 4 when she boarded Revan's flagship and confronted Revan.

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-09-2005, 10:23 AM   #76
Darth InSidious
A handful of dust.

Current Game: KotOR II
Revan.
Ditch the Exile. He had ziltch to him/her.
Ditch new pc, or the story will never actually progress, but will stay in the opening chapters for the next twenty games.....

Works-In-Progress
~
Mods Released
~
Quid existis in desertum videre?
Darth InSidious is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-09-2005, 10:29 AM   #77
RobQel-Droma
Blah

No it won't, it can progress. Think about K1, it had an ending. They could have stopped right there, nothing wrong with it. K2, well, a little different. Opened up some new things. But still, they can resolve it all in K3 and finish it up, it wouldn't be that hard. Make it a longer game if you have to. Besides, I am not counting on their being twenty games of this KotOR series, I think that KotOR III will be the ender. Maybe not the last KotOR RPG, but the end of Revan and the Exile.
Old 11-09-2005, 04:38 PM   #78
deathdisco
Bastards of Young

Veteran Modder Contest winner - Modding 
^^^
Yup, Should be the last one about Revan/Exile. Could you imagine trying to keep track of all the possible endings for more than three games. It would be a nightmare for the developer.

deathdisco is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-09-2005, 05:56 PM   #79
Harmor
Rookie

I voted for new PC. There could be evidence of Revan/The Exile doing stuff in the regions beyond the outer rim that needs investigation, so the Jedi council sends a Jedi (player) out to check it out. Heck, we could even get Revan and the Exile as the main villains in Kotor III... or another villain who has some sort of influence over them. Whatever the case, I hope they will bring back the option to tell the game how you played the previous installments (light/dark, male/female for both Revan and the Exile). When I first saw that in Kotor 2 I thought it was pretty cool. I am against using the Exile or Revan as PC again cause how would you justify each of em to start at level 1 again? Loss of power? Been there, done that to be honest. I would like to see Kotor III have you begin as a Jedi right away and to prove yourself to the council and finalize your training, they would send you on this mission.
Harmor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-10-2005, 12:30 PM   #80
Joe©

New PC for sure. I just hope they have better player models than TSL.
Joe© is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > Revan vs. Exile vs. New PC