lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: The option to kiss an NPC at will
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-11-2005, 12:11 PM   #41
Cygnus Q'ol
Savior of Albion

Current Game: liberty city stories
Be mindful of your feelings.

It is forbidden for Jedi to have such attachments.
There's a reason for this.

One thing leads to another, the next thing you know there will be a bunch of little siths and younglings out in the backyard squaring off with dad's lightsaber when he's not home.

What would've happened if Luke and Leia grew up together with Vader as Dad?
What would Christmas be like at Uncle Sidious' house?

Takes sibling rivalry to a whole new level.

NO KISSING!!!

The Starbuck's in Bowerstone has Percolated Java Macchiatos.
Cygnus Q'ol is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-11-2005, 01:14 PM   #42
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

Current Game: Assassin's Creed
LFN Staff Member Veteran Fan Fic Author Contest winner - Fan Fiction Forum Veteran 
What do you think you are saying. Yes they do follw the Jedi Code:
There is no emotion, there is peace
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge
There is no passion, there is serenity
There is no chaos, there is harmony
There is no death, there is the Force

BUT, in expanded universe and in Revenge of the Sith, you do have Jedi falling in love. Think of Jolee Bindo and his theory of love and Bastilla kissing you if you are the MalePC. There has to be some kissing. It's a spontaneous emotion or feeling and it is a natural reaction for humans. I don't know about aliens but there you go. Leave the kissing in besides its amusing to watch.

JediMaster12 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-11-2005, 04:00 PM   #43
Samurai DD

I am with JediMaster12. Plus, there is a lot of grey jedi that are light sided and fall in love without problems. I still don't see the real reason behind the no love rule for jedi. It can lead to other things, but this is very difficult, and only happens with jedi, while there can be lots of good people who fall in love. Leia married and Luke fell in love numerous times.
Samurai DD is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-12-2005, 07:24 AM   #44
jedi3112

4th time I try to post this because of my stupid router (one dead router coming up)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediMaster12
What do you think you are saying. Yes they do follw the Jedi Code:
There is no emotion, there is peace
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge
There is no passion, there is serenity
There is no chaos, there is harmony
There is no death, there is the Force
It doesn't mention anything about one night stands. Though there is some debate possible about this, doe it require
ignorance (no)
chaos (no)
death (no, however it can create live)
emotion (debatable, but it doesn't really NEED it. There are other thing to make it rise. I think that is what Palpy meant when he sais something like 'rise my friend' in I believe EP VI)
passion (same as emotion)

A JC debate about exiling a Knight would be something like
JC: 'Did you impregnate her?'
Knight: 'Yep'
JC: 'Do you love her?'
Knight: 'Nope'
JC: 'In that case it's OK with us, hell, we do it all the time. Why do you think Bastila is our favorite Padawan?'

That is why the Sith are so much better, the Jedi are perverted.
jedi3112 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-12-2005, 09:01 AM   #45
Alkonium
To Mend and Defend

Current Game: Guild Wars 2
Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
Because of all these rules about love, I'd rather be a New Republic Jedi, although they have no Sith to fight, but they're ok with things like love and taking on old Padawans.

Alkonium is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-12-2005, 09:54 AM   #46
Samurai DD

Yeah, Luke changed a lot the Jedi Order, making it more neutral and less dogmatic, which has proven to be a good method. Balance is not on the extremes.
Samurai DD is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-12-2005, 11:02 AM   #47
JediRevan
Rookie

You guys are something else. As for passion and emotion being the same thing, they are two totally different things. As Jolee Bindo would say, passion leads to the dark side through anger and jealousy. Emotion does not lead to the dark side only to passion. Anger and jealousy are the misuse of emotion and passion.

True Toral
JediRevan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-13-2005, 05:01 AM   #48
jedi3112

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediRevan
You guys are something else. As for passion and emotion being the same thing, they are two totally different things. As Jolee Bindo would say, passion leads to the dark side through anger and jealousy. Emotion does not lead to the dark side only to passion. Anger and jealousy are the misuse of emotion and passion.
I didn't mean to say that emotion and passion are the same thing, but the same reasoning can be applied.
jedi3112 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-14-2005, 09:31 AM   #49
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Passion is an emotion.

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-16-2005, 05:36 PM   #50
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

LFN Staff Member Veteran Fan Fic Author Contest winner - Fan Fiction Forum Veteran 
You know though, even though Luke changed the New Jedi Order it's like trying to justify using an AMRAM missile on a city, the way how he justifies using powers of the darkside, to me that chips away at integrity.

On another point: as Jolee would put it, "Love doesn't lead to the darkside. Passion which can lead to rage and fear and can be controlled but love itself will save you, not condemn you. Controlling your passions while being in love, that is what they should to beware. Love causes pain and how you deal with the bad part of love determines your character."

I hope that gives my thoughts. I may be a romantic idiot but that is what I believe and the option to kiss an NPC would give KOTOR 3 what KOTOR 1 had.

Old 11-16-2005, 05:44 PM   #51
John Skywalker
Rookie

The jedi were blinded by their mindless rules which was their downfall they were studying the force wrong if they used the force without the bans on love and passion (the opposite of the sith way hate/greed) Then the Jedi would destroy the sith thats why to gain the balance in the force anakin had to kill off each faction so that the new Jedi Order(Luke) could make new laws (Read this at starwars.com so this is an official explanation) so to answer your question they should be allowed to kiss in kotor 3 as a love interest makes your character stronger
John Skywalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-18-2005, 06:12 PM   #52
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

Yes it does. I hope my previous quote from Jolee helps too. After all the whole point is that we are defined by our action and how well we can control our passions when making decisions determines who we are.

Old 11-18-2005, 07:53 PM   #53
OptimalOptimus
Rookie

Why not have a Gay or Lessy NPC ???
OptimalOptimus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-18-2005, 11:42 PM   #54
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

I am not kissing G0-T0.

Bad, bad. Very bad.

Sabretooth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-19-2005, 12:34 PM   #55
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

Well, I am all for putting the "kiss" command in the game once you win the guy/lady over. Technically you can do it with Visas, in a different way...

NO, I am not asking for "HOT COFFEE" style a la "Grand Theft Auto", but a kiss, and a few *OPTIONAL* mushie talk would be nice. Or even some random flirts with friend PCs. I won't mind if they get something for the "Pride Community either" only if its optional!

As for the whole "Jedi and Sex" thingy, I think its ok. Remember, the galaxy is filled with extremely diverse cultures... and creatures, and sex is hard to define. Some may do it with a bit of "hot Coffee" others by leaving packs of fluids in becta tanks...

As for Love... Jedis can love. Many famous Jedis have offsprings also. Its attachment that may lead to the dark side, not love. So you don't see current Luke-Mara having any problems, nor do Han-Leia, Karl-Jan... Now extreme Obsession and attachment can be a problem, like Little Solo and Queen K... I see him walking down a bad path.
PoiuyWired is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-21-2005, 12:15 PM   #56
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoiuyWired
Well, I am all for putting the "kiss" command in the game once you win the guy/lady over. Technically you can do it with Visas, in a different way...

NO, I am not asking for "HOT COFFEE" style a la "Grand Theft Auto", but a kiss, and a few *OPTIONAL* mushie talk would be nice. Or even some random flirts with friend PCs. I won't mind if they get something for the "Pride Community either" only if its optional!

As for the whole "Jedi and Sex" thingy, I think its ok. Remember, the galaxy is filled with extremely diverse cultures... and creatures, and sex is hard to define. Some may do it with a bit of "hot Coffee" others by leaving packs of fluids in becta tanks...

As for Love... Jedis can love. Many famous Jedis have offsprings also. Its attachment that may lead to the dark side, not love. So you don't see current Luke-Mara having any problems, nor do Han-Leia, Karl-Jan... Now extreme Obsession and attachment can be a problem, like Little Solo and Queen K... I see him walking down a bad path.
Proud Answer: Oh you hit the mark ten plus two. Jedi have had offspring such as the Handmaiden, Luke and Leia.
Statement: You should be able to kiss.

Old 11-21-2005, 02:39 PM   #57
Rediy
Lurker

Maybe you want to kiss Wookies, but I know I sure don't. I don't really see much of a purpose to this. Romance in the game is one thing, but it should be developed, and dare I say scripted. Perhaps dialogue options that persue romance as apposed to not, that is one thing I suppose.
/shrug

My thoughts on that anyways.
Rediy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-21-2005, 06:35 PM   #58
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

Romance is the thing for the third KOTOR. I happened in the first, why not the third?

Leia: "I'd just as soon as kiss a Wookie."
Han: "I can arrange that. You could use a good kiss!"

Old 11-22-2005, 09:28 AM   #59
pokejedi123
Rookie

they should do that if u can have hig inf u will go beyond a kiss

pokejedi123 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-23-2005, 02:31 PM   #60
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

Romance is not a bad thing. It's part of who we are and what makes us human. Heck I think it can make an alien species human if they can love too.

*Thinking over that last part*

So why all the fuss over whether or not to kiss an NPC at will? I think it's neat and if it was in the first two then it should be in the third KOTOR.

Old 11-30-2005, 09:26 AM   #61
Liit Orda
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rediy
Maybe you want to kiss Wookies, but I know I sure don't. I don't really see much of a purpose to this. Romance in the game is one thing, but it should be developed, and dare I say scripted. Perhaps dialogue options that persue romance as apposed to not, that is one thing I suppose.
/shrug

My thoughts on that anyways.
It could be interesting...

...and now I've scared myself...

I need to make a sig...
Liit Orda is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-30-2005, 07:58 PM   #62
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

Now that is scary! Maybe we should stick to humans kissing.

Old 12-17-2005, 09:28 PM   #63
Darca Lar
Forumite

Current Game: Dragon Age Origins
Well a kiss scene might be an interesting thing to have, but I think the makers would come to the conclusion that it might just be taking up space...still agood idea nonetheless

Yesterday is history. Tomorrow, a mystery. Today is a gift...that is why it is called the present.
Darca Lar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > The option to kiss an NPC at will