lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: *PULLS HAIR OUT*
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-07-2000, 04:14 PM   #1
DJBryon

Angry *PULLS HAIR OUT*

I've had this game for a while, and it runs fine on my old computer no probs! I got a new much faster computer and the game itself works but when i connect to zone.com and try to start a multiplayer game, it always says "connection attempt failed" now i know the ISP is fine because i play alot of other games online, and there is no problems there! The only thought i had, was perhaps my Voodoo 5500 driver might be causing a problem...but the game still runs in one player mode!
Any help would be great!
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-07-2000, 07:04 PM   #2
K_Kinnison
Grey Lensman

Forum Veteran Hot Topic Starter 10 year veteran! 
this could be happeing if you are not usign a updated version of XWA. Or you have a fiarewall..

Need specs

Jsut make sure you ahve the lastest updates, and lastest drivers, is all i can tell you now without specs
K_Kinnison is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-07-2000, 10:01 PM   #3
DJBryon

Spec:- Athlon Tbird 1000, Voodoo5500, Socket A7V mobo, 30 gig hard drive, Windows 98 second ed. Anything else u need to know?

Now that u mention it, i do have a firewall up, ill take that down, give it a try and report back here with my findings.
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-11-2000, 10:29 AM   #4
Keyan Farlander
Jedi Master

Forum Veteran 10 year veteran! 
Wow, your machine sucks Anyway, I'll bet you your sweet PC that the Firewall is the problem, because I've had the same thing happen to me.

------------------
Keyan Farlander

"The obvious mathematical breakthrough would be development of an easy way to factor large prime numbers."
- Bill Gates

Keyan Farlander is online now   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > XWingAlliance.net > 1. XwingAlliance > Tech Center > *PULLS HAIR OUT*