lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: A must for KOTOR 3
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-21-2005, 12:46 PM   #41
YertyL

You can still see when rounds are over if you look at the status bar in which your attacks are symbolized. When your action is finished, the icon disappears and the round is over.
And why an "extra 'quick on the pause button' requirement"??
I am not suggesting to make rounds shorter, just to make the pauses between the animations shorter. You would still have 1-3 seconds (that's what it is now I think) to press the pause button... you would just need to be fast if you wanted to plan each round seperately, which I do not believe many players do...
YertyL is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-21-2005, 02:35 PM   #42
Rediy
Lurker

Knights of the Old Republic and its sequal were, and are some of the best d20 games around. Sorry, I think the combat should stay exactly the way it is. More special attacks is one thing, but changing it to a FPS style game play would definitely ruin the game for me. If KOTOR 3 goes away from the dice roll system, I will not be buying it. I don't play games like Doom and Half-Life for a reason (boring)
Rediy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-21-2005, 03:54 PM   #43
rhinomatt
Rookie

star wars KOTOR is a rpg it is not about the skill of fighting it is more the skil of how you use what you have and choose what to do!
NEVER CHANGE THE COMBAT

"the dark side leads to death and destruction but the lightside leads no where!"
rhinomatt is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-21-2005, 04:09 PM   #44
Axe Windu
Rookie

Why does everyone wanna change the combat system? There are tons of other Star Wars games that let you pick up a blaster and blow things up or run around with a lightsaber. This is an RPG... its based off the d20 system the best RPG system there is... The fact that this game is set up like this is what makes it so amazing. We are not gonna change the combat style halfway through a trilogy to make it more like a fighting game.

Axe Windu is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-21-2005, 04:31 PM   #45
ilwugoalie
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe Windu
Why does everyone wanna change the combat system? There are tons of other Star Wars games that let you pick up a blaster and blow things up or run around with a lightsaber. This is an RPG... its based off the d20 system the best RPG system there is... The fact that this game is set up like this is what makes it so amazing. We are not gonna change the combat style halfway through a trilogy to make it more like a fighting game.
I agree, leave well enough alone. like you said above there are plenty of other Star Wars games out there... you dont like the way this one plays, dont buy it.. get something else

A Powerfull Sith you will become
ilwugoalie is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-23-2005, 02:41 PM   #46
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

Current Game: Assassin's Creed
LFN Staff Member Veteran Fan Fic Author Contest winner - Fan Fiction Forum Veteran 
I agree. I've played Episode III on the XBox and I still can't figure out how I get the really combos for bonus points.

Note: What you read here must not be revealled to anyone beyond these forums.

To give a secret, I watch military documentaries and I destroy my brothers toy soldiers with battle attacks sooo, I know how to plan my moves for KOTOR. Leave KOTOR as a RPG game. It's soooo cool!!

JediMaster12 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-26-2005, 06:17 PM   #47
Beasty1408
Lurker

i havent checked this for a while and what i meant in the first place was not making it a fighting game but make it like the elderscrolls series (mainly oblivion)
Beasty1408 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-26-2005, 07:02 PM   #48
IndianaSolo
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beasty1408
i havent checked this for a while and what i meant in the first place was not making it a fighting game but make it like the elderscrolls series (mainly oblivion)
Oblivion isn't even out yet. How are you going to compare it to Oblivion before you know whether the combat is good or not?

Darth Maul - The Forgotten Sith
IndianaSolo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-28-2005, 02:56 PM   #49
ilwugoalie
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beasty1408

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaSolo
Oblivion isn't even out yet. How are you going to compare it to Oblivion before you know whether the combat is good or not?
IndianaSolo has a good point here... you cant make a judgement like that from watching videos and seeing screen shots from Oblivion. If that is indeed where you are coming from.

either way, leave the engine how it is.

A Powerfull Sith you will become
ilwugoalie is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-29-2005, 01:22 PM   #50
Cygnus Q'ol
Savior of Albion

Current Game: liberty city stories
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobQel-Droma
I am not going to quote Redhawke or elaborate on that. I will just say:

What he said .
No need to waste space, what he said.

The Starbuck's in Bowerstone has Percolated Java Macchiatos.
Cygnus Q'ol is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-30-2005, 09:05 AM   #51
Liit Orda
Rookie

Kotor's fighting system's fine. Why fix something that ain't broke?

I need to make a sig...
Liit Orda is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-30-2005, 09:13 AM   #52
FiEND_138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liit Orda
Kotor's fighting system's fine. Why fix something that ain't broke?
Quoted for emphasis...

FiEND_138 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-30-2005, 08:06 PM   #53
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

Current Game: Assassin's Creed
LFN Staff Member Veteran Fan Fic Author Contest winner - Fan Fiction Forum Veteran 
Ditto

JediMaster12 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > A must for KOTOR 3