lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: The Neverhood
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-11-2005, 04:39 PM   #1
blastoise
Lurker

The Neverhood

I got this game the other day and beat it today (its short) and I thought it was amazing. its a puzzle/adventure game. it was made my Steven Spielberg and the Dreamworks Interactive team back in '95 and it was supposed to be some giant hit game, but I don't think it was because I hadn't heard about it until really recently. its made entirely in claymation which is totally neat. and it was just a real fun game.kinda reminded me of Myst a bit...

but everyone should get it.... thats all.
blastoise is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-11-2005, 07:29 PM   #2
90SK
Universal Figment

Current Game: Tetris
Wow, all claymation? That's an interesting way to do a game. I haven't heard of it, but I'll look into it. Thanks for the recommendation.

90SK is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-13-2005, 02:25 PM   #3
Necroman
Rookie

You haven't lived until you played The Neverhood, but I still can't believe you haven't heard of it, I mean damn, I first heard of it in 1997 and finally got it about a month ago... told you it is awesome

Necroman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-13-2005, 03:32 PM   #4
El Virus

Location: On a route of many roads leading from nowhere to nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by blastoise
It was made my Steven Spielberg...
Huge turn-off.

But what is the game about, anyway?
El Virus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-14-2005, 06:15 AM   #5
Shuz

I played the demo once years ago and thought it was awesome, still haven't played it though
Shuz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-14-2005, 04:22 PM   #6
Thrik
Symbolically Compelling

Hot Topic Starter Forum Veteran LFN Staff Member 
I first heard of this game roughly a million years ago amongst no end of praise and still haven't gotten around to playing it. I do distantly recall playing a demo way back when it first came out and was doing the magazine demo disk rounds, but sadly never got the full thing.

But seriously, I don't think I've come across anybody who's been able to say they didn't love it -- kind of like Grim Fandango. It'll remain on my to-do list until I get the damned thing.

Thrik is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-15-2005, 09:14 AM   #7
Necroman
Rookie

It isn't made by Steven Spielberg... it's made by Doug TenNaPeL, if you get the game you'll see the making of.
The story of the game is roughly from the bible, the whole creation thing and then it turns a left turn, it's way too hard to explain the meaning of the game.

Necroman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Grim Fandango Discussion > General Forums > The Calavera Café > The Neverhood