lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Overly Emotional? [Spoilers]
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-17-2005, 03:20 PM   #41
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

First time I play I am actually not shooting for light side or dark side. So I do some darkside stuff, and some lightside stuff. Eventually I am a little bit more on the light side. So when I saw Bastila on the temple top, I do have to make a hard choice. Thing is, I do spend loads of time flirting with her, and I am afraid I would actually have to kill her... Eventually I did the "right" thing, by following her. It is kinda sad I have to put down Bindo though, he is a nice chap, and I am *really* down when Mission Just won't leave me, and had to be killed(I actually kinda like Mission and did all her quests and such, and even let her bastarrd brother go). It feels good to cheat the Republic together with Batila though. That is like the grand moment!
PoiuyWired is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-17-2005, 03:54 PM   #42
chaleur
Rookie

Location: Vancouver, BC (home) Calgary, AB (school) San Francisco, CA (work)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaffSaberist
Which quest is that? There are many DS and LS quests. Or do you mean the game in general?
It was the Bendak Starkiller quest. I am unaware of any other quest in the game that you just have to walk away from if you don't want any DS points.

Okay, there's the Genohendrain (sp?) too -- the bounty hunters. But that felt a bit different somehow. Maybe it's just because it's later in the game, and I don't care by then. More likely because you can just ignore the Genowhatstis, whereas if you want to finish the duels (which you've already started) and the bounty hunts (which you've probably already started) on Taris, you HAVE to fight Bendak.

--
KotOR ICON CREDITS: Some people have talent. The rest of us steal stuff.
chaleur is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-17-2005, 07:37 PM   #43
StaffSaberist
DECEPTION IS FINISHED! :D

Location: The United States of America... and damn proud of it!
^ I see what you mean. But, it hardly matters in the end, you get LS Mastery so easily that a few DS points don't hurt. Also, I play the planet with the Genohardan last. So, since I am so deep in the light side, it would hurt to play those bounties.

Deception, the best SP level-set in the world, is done! Get it here!
"Query: What is it you wish, fat one?" - HK-47 at his best
I have begun modding TSL. Check it out here. and My Fanfic
StaffSaberist is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-17-2005, 08:42 PM   #44
chaleur
Rookie

Location: Vancouver, BC (home) Calgary, AB (school) San Francisco, CA (work)
^You're right of course. A dark side point or two doesn't matter -- but the first time I played through, I was angsty about getting any DS points. I had no idea how it was going to effect my balance, or (more importantly) my choices later in the game.

In my defence, when I've gotten other friends to sit down and play KotOR, they got angsty there too .

--
KotOR ICON CREDITS: Some people have talent. The rest of us steal stuff.
chaleur is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-17-2005, 08:53 PM   #45
Char Ell
Force Enlightened

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Folder extraordinaire Forum Veteran 
It is reassuring to know that there are others out there who had feelings similar to mine when playing KotOR as a darksider. It just felt wrong! So in effect I guess you could say that I was more emotional when I played DS than when I played LS. The internal conflict that arose in response to my making DS decisions was quite disturbing. Unlike some others who have posted here though I completed the game, my PC having achieved dark side mastery early on (since DS points are so easy to come by). I didn't have much issue with slaying Genoharadan guild leaders, other Sith, Malak, or other DS inclined characters but when it came time to confront Juhani and Jolee... that was very troubling and difficult for me.

Want to battle against cancer and other chronic diseases? Join Team LFN!

Char Ell is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-17-2005, 08:59 PM   #46
Hallucination
Baron von Sexy

Current Game: HKO closed beta
^^I didn't mind Juhani, but killing Jolee was rather upsetting to me.

Let's kill ourselves.
Hallucination is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-23-2005, 11:10 PM   #47
MrVorlon
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallucination
Geez no one can do DS? After I played LS I just loved the slaughter, running into the fight and killing, the robbing people. Does that mean I'm a bad person?
No. All Jedi must know the Darkside in order to fear it.

I didn't enjoy the darkside until my second playthrough as a Darksider. The point where I said, "I have to do this again!" is after the final tomb mission on Korriban. Those three student at the entrance who ask us where is Master Uthar. The point that intrigued me is the dialogue option that says, "(Force)Persuade: I am Revan. Bow down before me." Something like that. After I failed, I realized I had to replay the game and choose a class with the most Charisma and Persuade and more force point to put in Mind Tricks and Dominate Mind. I kept trying and retrying everything, starting whole new games putting max points in persuade and charisma, but still no go. But I still wanted those arrogant Sith fools to bow down before me!

Then I learned of the KoTOR X-Box glitch. So i glitched ALL the stats I could. Strength, Dex, etc. I settled at 50 as my max! AND STILL THEY WOULD NOT BOW DOWN BEFORE THE DARK LORD REVAN!! I glitched my way to 80, then 100. And still they defied me! I decided one more try. Wisdom and Charisma 180! (I figured 200 would be pointless. 180 would be my last gasp.) And I still failed. So after three months of failure all to be the evilest of Darklords, I was apathetic to the starving family on Tatooine, I killed those piggies in the bar, I killed all the Sandpeople, and slaughtered Griff. I just enjoyed doing bad things. Being the uber-Sith Lord was great. Except those Sith would never bow down before me.
MrVorlon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-24-2005, 02:56 AM   #48
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Current Game: Ass Effect
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
A true Sith would not waste his time with filth like them.

ALso, it's impossible to get them to bow down before you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
We will be great failures one day, you and I
Emperor Devon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-24-2005, 03:17 AM   #49
lukeiamyourdad
Using Teletraan I

LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Devon
Yes you can. Cut them down. They're technically bowing to your might.
lukeiamyourdad is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-24-2005, 04:09 AM   #50
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Current Game: Ass Effect
True... they do fall to the ground, but they're dead when that happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
We will be great failures one day, you and I
Emperor Devon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-24-2005, 04:11 AM   #51
MrVorlon
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Devon
A true Sith would not waste his time with filth like them.

I know. It just took me months to finally accept that.

Is that persistence, or am I too dumb to realize when to stop? :robe1
Old 11-24-2005, 11:55 AM   #52
StaffSaberist

*resists temptation to say MrVorion is dumb*

I would call that persistence. I play LS myself, but I don't try to turn them to the light for months on end. Nothing works. Either one of the masters survives, or you fight them all.

Old 11-24-2005, 12:04 PM   #53
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Vector Thrust
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
I'd say I got more attached to the K1 characters than any other VG game characters I have come across.

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-26-2005, 12:29 PM   #54
MrVorlon
Rookie

Quote:
*resists temptation to say MrVorion is dumb*

I would call that persistence. I play LS myself, but I don't try to turn them to the light for months on end. Nothing works. Either one of the masters survives, or you fight them all.
Thank you for resisting.

I could never let both Masters survive. I always try to redeem Yuthura Ban, and slaughter Master Uthar. I'll never help him! If not, I'll kill them both. It's more fun to fight all the Sith students anyway. I enjoy dying at least once.
Old 11-26-2005, 12:35 PM   #55
The Doctor
Retired

Current Game: Skyrim
Forum Veteran 
Only one of them ca survive. Whichever one you side with kills the other. No matter what.
The Doctor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-26-2005, 04:42 PM   #56
The Eyes
Rookie

I cried a little when I killed Bastila the first time through, I didnt know about the romance then or that you could save her, She did come with me on every expeditition besides korriban.

Do not underestimate the power of a small post count.
The Eyes is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-26-2005, 10:33 PM   #57
StaffSaberist

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVorlon
Thank you for resisting.

I could never let both Masters survive. I always try to redeem Yuthura Ban, and slaughter Master Uthar. I'll never help him! If not, I'll kill them both. It's more fun to fight all the Sith students anyway. I enjoy dying at least once.
No problem.

I helped Yuthura on Korriban, but didn't choose the correct options. I ended up leaving her on Korriban. I didn't want to say I wasn't a Sith and proud of it, since pride leads to the Dark Side.

Old 11-27-2005, 03:45 PM   #58
MrVorlon
Rookie

Quote:
No problem.

I helped Yuthura on Korriban, but didn't choose the correct options. I ended up leaving her on Korriban. I didn't want to say I wasn't a Sith and proud of it, since pride leads to the Dark Side.
Clever!
Old 12-05-2005, 11:31 AM   #59
Mace MacLeod
Food-based rocker

Current Game: World of Warcraft
Exclamation Uh, yeah, just slightly...

Quote:
Maybe I'm just a lil too emotional?
Yeah, that's a safe bet.

But hey, one of the key properties of a good game is that it actually involves you at an emotional level. And kotor and TSL are two of the best ever made, despite their weaknesses, IMHO...

Be considerate to others or I will bite your torso and give you a disease!
Mace MacLeod is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-06-2005, 04:26 AM   #60
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVorlon
I was apathetic to the starving family on Tatooine, I killed those piggies in the bar, I killed all the Sandpeople, and slaughtered Griff. I just enjoyed doing bad things. Being the uber-Sith Lord was great. Except those Sith would never bow down before me.
Well, killing sand people is hardly a evil thing that gives you DSP. You can finish the quest the regular way, and give the dragon pearl to the storyteller for a nice section. THEN you open up a basket just behind him. Every tusken goes grazy and you kill then. You get the dragon pearl back too, and another special stick along with all other items.

As for Griff, he sooo deserves it. Only thing that keeps me grom filleting his lekku alive is Mission.
Old 12-30-2005, 01:08 AM   #61
UncleO
Rookie

I'm getting really attached to this game and the whole Bastila Revan thing. I did it in this order Tatoonie, Manaan, Kashyyk so far, and in Tatoonie Bastila got with my guy told him her feelings and such. Just since then I really haven't had the convo to reaffirm it even after I always have her in my party n such. This game is really well made through all the twists and turns.
UncleO is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-30-2005, 01:14 AM   #62
JediKnight707
Or I will choke you...

Yeah, I wasn't quite that emotional as to cry. But I was sad

JediKnight707 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-30-2005, 01:25 AM   #63
Hallucination
Baron von Sexy

Current Game: HKO closed beta
I didn't really get super-crying when I lose Bastilla emotional, but I was really interested in the characters. But when I was DS after I killed someone I could've helped I really felt evil. And I loved it, something about how you could kill them right there and they couldn't do anything to stop you.

Let's kill ourselves.
Hallucination is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-30-2005, 01:40 AM   #64
JediKnight707
Or I will choke you...

Wow, spoken like a true Sith...*tear* I'm so proud...

JediKnight707 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-30-2005, 02:00 AM   #65
DarkRevan
Rookie

I just loved this game, its just sheer brilliance.

I played first time as light side, or maybe more of universal.
I saved a different file but I just wanted to see what happens if I killed dustil. Poor Carth he was on the verge of tears when he blamed me, It really hurt when he said ďI wish never had met youĒ
But I was absolutely shocked when
spoiler:
I found out I was Revan.

Even though throughout the game was on the path of the light side, I actually succumbed to Bastillaís little speech on the temple and fell to the dark side.
I really didnít want to kill Carth after I defeated Malak. But I had no choice. I rather do it then let Bastilla.
Also I admit, I in fact enjoyed it when I forced Zallbar to kill Massion. I guess there is that dark taint within me

Added spoiler tags ~ ChAiNZ.2da

"Revan was power. Staring into the eyes was like staring into the heart of the Force."

Last edited by ChAiNz.2da; 12-30-2005 at 02:12 AM.
DarkRevan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-30-2005, 03:17 AM   #66
UncleO
Rookie

Wow I just went through the whole Leviathian thing.... And the thing with Bastila and Revans look on his face was nuts. That was a crazy level caught me off guard I thought I could get all Star Maps, then go to it.
UncleO is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-31-2005, 02:25 PM   #67
kata_mad
Rookie

I am glad to see I am not the only one with a problem with DS, I have completed both endings but I have to take it from the Uknown temple as I don't have the heart to do a full game. Killing Jolee was difficult but the worst one was force pursuading Zalbaar to kill mission, I ended up reloading and killing them both (I know it doesn't make sense).

When the revan revelation came I think I was kicking myself for missing the obvious seen in the cutscene than shocked.
kata_mad is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-31-2005, 02:53 PM   #68
StaffSaberist

MEGA-BUMP!

Can't remember if I said this already, but I was reading a walkthrough, so I read this passage from it:

spoiler:
You then see a movie with a bunch of scenes which are supposed to show that you are Revan...

And then one of the dialog options in the walkthrough:

spoiler:
I'm not Revan anymore...

Actually led me to believe that it was all a trick by Malak, a kind of Sith Mind Trick. When I discovered the truth in the games, it was a slap to the face...

Old 01-01-2006, 03:14 PM   #69
Kristy Kistic

Unfortunately my loving nephew spoiled the part about the pc being Revan. He has the xbox version and so kindly informed me that I was Revan before I got to that part.
So that wasn't a shocker for me. However, I had owned the game for a couple months and had shelfed it because I didn't immediately like it. If he hadn't told me what he did, I probably wouldn't have pulled it back from the shelf and finished the game. I'm so glad I did.

Kristy Kistic is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-01-2006, 04:28 PM   #70
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRevan
I just loved this game, its just sheer brilliance.

I really didnít want to kill Carth after I defeated Malak. But I had no choice. I rather do it then let Bastilla.
Also I admit, I in fact enjoyed it when I forced Zallbar to kill Massion. I guess there is that dark taint within me

Added spoiler tags ~ ChAiNZ.2da
Well, I always think there should be an option NOT to kill mission, seeing that even as you are evil she will kinda follow you around... and she makes a good house pet.
Oh well. Oh, where do you get the outfit in your sig? Its cool.
Old 01-02-2006, 01:28 AM   #71
DarkRevan
Rookie

^Yeah, I thought the option "Get lost mission we dont need you anymore" (or somthing like that) I thought she would have ran off with Carth. But no she had to stay behind. Oh well.

Heres the link for the robes: http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/8650.html
But you need RedHawke's Bastila's Clothes For Female PC's which is here http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/7833.html
You also need to do some fidgeting to get the new robes for your PC but I'm sure you can do it.

"Revan was power. Staring into the eyes was like staring into the heart of the Force."
DarkRevan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-02-2006, 03:27 AM   #72
grunty
Rookie

I unfortunately found the games technical faults a hinderance to the emotional aspects of the story. True, finding out you were Revan or that Bastila turned was surprising and in a way emotional, but seeing the same hand gestures from the characters you've seen throughout the game or the lack of an emotional soundtrack really didn't help me get into it.

Here's to Kotor 3 putting my complaints to rest
grunty is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-02-2006, 03:41 AM   #73
.:DSX:.
Rookie

I enjoyed mercilessly killing my party members. Mission...ask Zaalbar to kill her (not force persuade) so you kill him as well, stupid cryptic old man and cat-woman, Death-fielded, and Carth left to die on some desolate world in the unknown regions. The only emotion I felt was satisfaction.
.:DSX:. is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-08-2006, 01:15 AM   #74
Carthaholic
Rookie

You know a game is good when you go through a wide array of emotions while playing it. You know a game is *great* when you then have to play again and again in hope of reliving those emotions all over again... Yep, KotOR is indeed one of those *great* games.

I wouldn't say I got as emotional as some people here but there is a few things that really got me, the first one being when we find out who Revan really is (that was a real shocker, that almost bested the Luke-I-am-your-father thing o_O)

But the one thing that really got me is this... The very first time I played the game I played as a LS female and I managed to complete the romance subplot with Carth. I turned down Bastilla's offer and finished the game lightsided. Everything was all fine and dandy. But then I started wondering what would've been Carth's reaction if I had gone DS instead 'cause, you know, he loves me and all, so I was really curious to see what he was going to do about it...

I reloaded the saved game I had made right before talking to Bastilla at the Temple and went DS. You see him run away like a big wuss at the beach (leaving Mission to be killed OMG...), but he then shows up later on the Star Forge to try to turn us back, but we can only kill him. NOOO! That totally broke my heart... I really wanted to be turned back. At that point I really thought we could ('cause the dialogues really seem to suggest that we can), so I tried just about every goddamn thing to get it to work but nothing would. I became desperate so I visited Bioware's forums to get some help and found out that there was another possible ending but it was never completed and implemented! NOOOOOOOO!!! The horror! But if you have the PC version you can listen to the audio files containing the missing dialogues!! And let me tell you it's a really sad ending indeed...

spoiler:
Carth manages to turn you back to the lightside, Bastilla gets real upset so you end up killing her and you then share a brief moment with Carth before the Star Forge gets blown to bits by the Republic......

It's fitting end... but sad as hell. Anyways, since that day I absolutely *cannot* play a DS female, I just can't bare seeing Carth die... So everytime I want to be DS I play a male PC, that solves my problem.
Carthaholic is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-08-2006, 01:23 AM   #75
StaffSaberist

I agree with you on all points except that I thought it did best the I-am-your-father thing. That and the fact I never have played a female...

Old 02-11-2006, 02:05 PM   #76
Malkier
Rookie

the most emotional part of the game for me, wasnt when Bastilla was taken by malek, but when i watched the cut scene where she is being tortured, my blood boiled,i killed everything in my path, i just HAD to get to malek an tear him limb from limb, then i find out she had turned to the dark side, i went numb, i thought there is no way im going to be able to kill her (emotionaly, my char would have moped the floor with her in combat). I turned her back to LS but still wanted bozo, i let him recharge at every jedi thingy, just so i could hurt him more. only thing i was dissapointed about was the fact i couldnt chop him up into little tiny peices after he died. No game ive played before or since has goten me sooo damn mad lol.
Malkier is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-11-2006, 11:51 PM   #77
Shem
Master of the Force

Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 
The first time I played the game is the day I bought it, which was on Friday, July 18, 2003 on the XBox. I can't believe it's been almost 3 years since that day. Time has really flied.

The first time I played the game, I was overwhelmed by it because I had never played a role playing game before. I decided to choose a female PC because rarely does the female get to be the hero and I was a little inspired by Lara Croft from the Tomb Raider games, I went the female route the first time I played through.

I choose this model for my first time.

I didn't do it for any particular reason other than the class I chose, it was the one already displayed. I chose Scoundrel because I was inspired by Leia's remark about Han Solo in Empire Strikes Back. So that model was the one displayed when I went for Scoundrel.

I loved the beginning of it. It felt Star Wars when I watched the opening crawl. Then to see the Endar Spire under attack. I was expecting to be a Jedi or use the Force at first since I do recall your PC having Force Powers and a lightsaber when watching the trailers to the game. I was bummed when it didnít start out that way, but I did read that you will eventually become a Jedi when I went on the internet to find out if I would because I did want this game to be worth it.

I loved the music (Bastilaís Theme) when I first heard it in the Taris Apartment. It gave me a chill up my back when I first listen through it. I was under the impression when Carth talked about Revan and Malak that Revan was the worst one and things were better now that Revan was killed, but still in bad shape.

Getting through Taris was fun at times, and I loved it when I got Zaalbar. I loved that you can talk to a Wookiee and understand each word, unlike the Star Wars movies where you had to assume what Chewbacca or any other Wookiee was saying. I didnít think the Rakghouls and getting the Rakghoul disease was a great idea. I thought that part was lame. I did like getting involved with the gang wars and searching for Bastila. The swoop race gave me the same feeling from The Phantom Menace. I did try to equip Bastilaís lightsaber when I rescued her, but realized that my character didnít have the feat required to do so. I was a little bummed about that. I loved meeting Canderous and joining him, along with killing Bendak Starkiller. Going through Davikís estate was a blast. It took me eight hours to get off Taris.

Getting to Dantooine and becoming a Jedi was so awesome. I loved watching your PC train to become a Jedi and meditate in the air while having the chairs float around you. It felt like The Empire Strikes Back watching Luke drain on Dagobah. I felt like I was Luke or Anakin Skywalker because they trained at a too old of age, and felt a little like Anakin because my PC was a special case, like I was a Chosen One, and some how the Jedi Order overlooked my PC. I wanted to have a blue lightsaber really bad. I also wanted to have a second lightsaber since I never played a Star Wars game where you can have dual lightsabers. I wanted to get more lightsabers and get a green one for my off hand. Anyway because I wanted a blue lightsaber, I chose to be a Jedi Guardian. So I was a level eight Scoundrel, and finished the game also as a level twelve Jedi Guardian. Fighting Juhani was a little frustrating because I can see that you could redeem her, but I had a hard time figuring out how. I did get the fight to stop and saved it at that point and did would I could try redeem her. I did mess up a few time and got her to attack me and destroyed her because of it. Anyway, I did figure it out and was glad to get her in my party.

I choose Kashyyyk first to try out because I love Wookiees and loved the idea of going to the Wookiee planet. I was not disappointed at all. Especially when I added another Jedi, named Jolee.

I tried Tatooine next. That was fun seeing Anchor Head because it was mentioned by Luke in A New Hope. Believe it or not, I did not go to Yuka Lakaís shop and never did get HK-47 the first time I played through. I found out about HK-47 through my little brother who was playing through it when I was and he actually started before me and finished the game before me.

Manaan was a disappointment for me. I couldnít figure out how to blow up the harvest machine, so I poisoned the giant Firaxa Shark. So getting kicked off of Manaan was a shock because I didnít finish the Sunry trial and realized I wasnít going to be able to.

Getting captured by the Leviathan was a surprise. I didnít see that coming. I chose Jolee to be the one to break my party out. Getting through it and having Carth get his revenge of Saul was cool. I really thought my party was going to escape the Leviathan before Malak got there. I was shocked to see him show up before I got the chance to leave. When Malak recognized by PC, I was surprised to that he would. I didnít make any sense to me. When I saw the cut scene about the little hints Carth and Bastila gave in the scene, I recalled them and wondered where this was going. Carth mentioning about the Force doing terrible things to a mind, like wiping out your memory. And Bastila talking about turning an enemy to your cause, using their own knowledge against them. I knew Malak had betrayed Revan, but I wasnít expecting what I saw. When I saw Revan take off the helmet and saw my PCís face, I was shocked and confused. I knew Malak wasnít lying because of the scene of the helmet removal. When I faced Malak in battle, I thought that this was the end of the game. I thought if I beat him, I have beaten the game. I had put in over 30 hours of game play and never put that much in to one game to beat it. This was also my first role playing game. To find out that wasnít the end and to lose Bastila was a bummer. My brother did tell me that one of my party members was going to betray me before I got to that point. I never thought it would be Bastila. I thought it would be Juhani because of her Dark Side past.

Getting to Korriban gave me a new perspective. I was just going there to get the last Star Map. I now felt a sense of urgency because I wanted to rescue Bastila really bad. Korriban was fun. It became one of my favorites to visit. I actually sided with Yuthura Ban and teamed up with her to beat Master Uthar. I wasnít surprised to she turned on me because I was expecting it. I spared her when she pleaded for mercy and left the Academy. I didnít realize that if I killed her that I would have the whole Academy after me. I found that out on my next game.

The Unknown World was unexpected to. Especially having a place called the Unknown World. I thought of it as the Hawaii planet. Getting in the Temple and confronting Bastila on the roof was an overwhelming feeling. I was sad to see Bastila betrayed us. I felt really bad for her when I saw her before crash landing being tortured. To see that I couldnít turn her back made me sad and frustrated. Reporting back to the party and explain Bastilaís betrayal was a very sad moment.

Raiding the Star Forge became the most frustrating part of all the game. I never had so much difficulty doing it. I did get killed every once in a while, but could overcome it. When I realized that it wasnít going to be that easy and getting killed several times really ticked me off. I didnít really build my character that well. Especially since I really didnít know what I was doing and never had role playing experience before. 95% of the time I auto leveled up and my party members auto level up the whole time. I didnít want to take the time and figured out what to chose for my feats or Force Powers, so I thought if I auto leveled up, it would be okay. I realized later that was a bad choice.

After making it through with Juhani and Jolee by my side, I finally confront Bastila again, and found a way to redeem her. I also offered her to join me, but she refused to confront Malak with me. I was a little bummed. I did expect to face off against that Sith Master that kept reporting to Malak about what was going on and surprised that Malak never sent him to stop me. I thought that would happen later again when I was going through it Dark Side. Anyway, when Malak sent the Star Forge droids to stop me, I just kept on destroying droids and was wondering when it was going to stop and eventually they killed me because of my lack of experience. After being frustrated so badly, I figured out how to use the control panels to stop them. That was a relief.

Facing off against Malak for the final duel then became the most frustrating moment of the game. To get there and not be able to beat Malak really ticked me off even more than raiding through the Star Forge. I tried multiple times and failed. I then realized Iím going to have to learn methods I never knew about before. I then learned about how to use the Adrenaline shots. I never used them the whole time I went through the game, or the shields. I figured out how those were used and learned how to inject shots and turn on shields and realized that to beat Malak faster and easier, I had to destroy the Jedi containment units. I had Disable Droid power (not destroy) and used it to destroy the containment units and faced off against Malak to finish him and with the help of the shots and shields, and enough life support packs, I finally defeated him and was very happy.

I loved the ending, celebrating with my party members and knowing Bastila was apart of it. And Vandar referring to Revan as the prodigal Knight and it reminded me of the Prodigal Son story from the Bible. When I saw the credits role, I was amazed at what I did and couldnít wait to start another game. This time as a male PC. It took me 38 hours to beat the game. I completed it on Thursday, July 31, 2003.

Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Shem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-12-2006, 08:32 AM   #78
Vaelastraz
Veteran

Iam not that much envolved in any game. However, Kotor I is still the game where i can identify myself with the PC best. Therefore i always choose the options i personally really would.. and i end up being a gray jedi.
At the final decision i took LS the first time i played through. It was really great, especially the fight vs Bastila ( i redeemed her of course..she's my love).
However i like the DS ending more. (i mean the cutscene)

The only thing i never did in Kotor I and II was playing totally lightside. But i played totally darkside (except a few things like that Ithorian who is attacked by the children on Taris, usally i really threaten the childs and make them run in fear.. then i heal the Ithorian. This is the way i feel about that! )
Vaelastraz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-13-2006, 05:20 PM   #79
zadi
Rookie

I can't play DS, I feel guilty. I know it's a game and those people aren't alive but still. Another reason I don't play it as DS is that I fear missing conversations that might only come about from LS playing.

We know that Taris goes bai bai* and the majority of people will die but still... It's harder to play DS for me.

(*Japanese for bye bye)
zadi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-13-2006, 08:29 PM   #80
StaffSaberist

I never seem "into" the game until I try to play DS. It's not so hard in TSL, the difference between good and evil is very blurred there, but in KotOR it is nearly impossible for me. =/

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Republic Newsfeed > Overly Emotional? [Spoilers]