lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: What I think of the Kicks from JK2
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-25-2003, 02:21 PM   #1
Master William
Addicted to SW:BF 2

What I think of the Kicks from JK2

Remember the kicks that people went around spamming, constantly annoying each other?

I just played JK2, and I was pissed as heck. People run around kick me, when I try to kick them I end up missing because they simply use /amsit exactly when I'm supposed to kick them.

I never know when to avoid them, because they always come sneaking on me.

This is really not the point, what I am saying is that IF they put the kick back into JA, make it less annoying.

I think they can be reached through console commands... forgot which though.

What do you think about them? Personally I think you should be able to kick with every saber type, but not the JK2 kick, I mean like a staff kick (but the animation has to fit).

I have alot of ideas going around my head, I just want to know what people think.

"It's Jango Fett! And he's brought his head!"
Master William is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-25-2003, 02:40 PM   #2
Comm539
Banned

no offence but your obviously a poor player. Just becuase you cant grasp the concepts of a game, it doesnt mean they should be removed. And for rpg'ers: If a sith attacks you do you think he's gonna be polite...

btw i admit the emotes are annoying. But i just dont play on a server that has them turned on. Even more so i dont play on a server with irresponsable admins.
Comm539 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-25-2003, 02:54 PM   #3
g//plaZma

Kicks allowed many force-based combos, which for the most part are hard to pull off by a random newbie. If you'd like them demonstrated to you, PM me.

If the random newbie could kill you just using kicks, not chained with anything, I'll have to agree with Comm and say you're a poor player.

g//plaZma is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-25-2003, 03:15 PM   #4
Master William

I'm saying that people kick you when you're at the edge of a big hole or something. I'm not saying it's hard to counter, but it's annoying how people side kick me and then turn on Force Speed and run away. I can't of course kick them back because they keep moving in all sort of ways, and Force was turned off. The Force Speed thing happens in Force servers.

Just because I can't kick people good (I never use it, boring IMO) doesn't mean I suck at the game, I've had it for a long time.

Old 10-25-2003, 04:09 PM   #5
g//plaZma

Quote:
Originally posted by Master William

I'm saying that people kick you when you're at the edge of a big hole or something. I'm not saying it's hard to counter, but it's annoying how people side kick me and then turn on Force Speed and run away. I can't of course kick them back because they keep moving in all sort of ways, and Force was turned off. The Force Speed thing happens in Force servers.

Just because I can't kick people good (I never use it, boring IMO) doesn't mean I suck at the game, I've had it for a long time.
It's called strafe-jumping and force pull. I can catch up to any player who's using speed by strafe-jumping (unless of course, he's strafe-jumping too, in which case I flip on speed too)

[sarcasm]Oh wait... don't tell me. You can't strafe-jump but you're still good, right?[/sarcasm]

Old 10-25-2003, 04:24 PM   #6
Master William

I was playing in a no Force server. And thanks, that technique had slipped out of my brain. I used it when I played JK2 alot, thanks.
I'm mostly talking about how annoying it can get sometimes. Some little kid kicks you off the ledge and then hides. I guess it's something personal then, I don't like it because of that.

And I could own you anyday, G//PLAZMA, don't come telling me who's good at a game or not.

Old 10-25-2003, 04:48 PM   #7
g//plaZma

Quote:
I was playing in a no Force server. And thanks, that technique had slipped out of my brain. I used it when I played JK2 alot, thanks.
I'm mostly talking about how annoying it can get sometimes. Some little kid kicks you off the ledge and then hides. I guess it's something personal then, I don't like it because of that.

And I could own you anyday, G//PLAZMA, don't come telling me who's good at a game or not.
Ummm... How do they turn on force speed on a no force server?

Ok, you can own me any day. Wanna prove it? I'll be glad to ff duel you any time in JK2.

The Crow's Perch|35ms|66.150.28.5:27960 Today, any time you'd like.

Old 10-25-2003, 06:10 PM   #8
Master William

Not in JK2, in JA, as soon as my friend comes here with the CDs he borrowed from me (the reason I installed JK2 is because I don't have my JA cds - it's the closest way to JA )

Old 10-25-2003, 06:18 PM   #9
Rumor
caffeine has go power!

Quote:
Not in JK2, in JA, as soon as my friend comes here with the CDs he borrowed from me (the reason I installed JK2 is because I don't have my JA cds - it's the closest way to JA )
you said you could own him anyday. he said ok lets do it in jk2. don't try changing the game when you forgot to stipulate it in your challenge.

gg now put up or shut up.

/edit: either way it doesn't matter. you will leave crying how lame and gay he is playing in either game. only difference will be how fast he can dispose of you.

Rumor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-25-2003, 06:18 PM   #10
g//plaZma

Quote:
Either accept my challenge or reject it. We were talking about JK2 kicks here, which aren't available in JA. I'd like to see your skillz at countering kicks and sabering me to death. I swear I won't run away

Winner gets rights to post demo and rub it in.

Old 10-25-2003, 06:25 PM   #11
lllKyNeSlll

i havn't posted in a long time, but master william i have to say u probably will lose in both games, but u could last alot longer in jk3

http://www.team-image.net/aerophalanx/
http://www.le3l.owns.it

Team aP server - 66.165.108.104:29070

Famous Figures-Francisco d'Anconia, Milady de Winter, Feanor, John Galt, Mr. Crowley, Roger Federer, Martina Hingis, D'Artagnan de Gascony,
lllKyNeSlll is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-25-2003, 06:46 PM   #12
Master William

I haven't played JK2 for ALOT of time, how do you expect me to be a challenge? Maybe YOU have no skills in JA, is that it?

And posting a demo? How childish can you get?

EDIT: But ok, we can play some time, but not in a USA server (gives me pings over 120, which will give you advantage)

What countries usually give you good ping except Canada and USA?

Old 10-25-2003, 06:54 PM   #13
g//plaZma

Quote:
I haven't played JK2 for ALOT of time, how do you expect me to be a challenge? Maybe YOU have no skills in JA, is that it?
No, you told me you could own me any day. The topic at hand was JK2 so I assume you meant JK2.

Quote:
And posting a demo? How childish can you get?
I'm a very considerate person. I know some people who would love to see it (Rad)

Quote:
EDIT: But ok, we can play some time, but not in a USA server (gives me pings over 120, which will give you advantage)

What countries usually give you good ping except Canada and USA?
I'll play in any server in any country. Low ping or not. I haven't played JK2 in a long time so we should be around even, right?

Old 10-25-2003, 07:00 PM   #14
Rumor
caffeine has go power!

then he can play me. i don't play either ja or jk2 very often and i play on 56k so on any given server he will have a ping advantage.

Old 10-25-2003, 07:01 PM   #15
Master William

Sorry if I sounded rude there... But I am just tipping you, pings with being atleast 95 in JK2/JA often cause you to be lag killed.

I had this many times, the opponent swings the saber, you dodge it, but you still get hurt, while your saber touches the opponent (goes through) and they don't lose health.

I don't want it to get unfair, but do as you want

Old 10-25-2003, 07:08 PM   #16
Rumor
caffeine has go power!

then we'll do it in jk2. none of that bs detection that will kill you in one hit with 100/100 hp when it hits your foot just barely.

Old 10-25-2003, 07:12 PM   #17
Master William

We? It's just me and g//plazma, for what I know. Why don't we all 3 have challenges against each other, instead of it being 2 v 1?

Like this:

You vs. g//plazma, and then I fight plazma or you.

Get it? All vs all but 2 at a time. I gotta go now, gonna play some JediPlus 4.3 at an old server.

I'll contact you when I can!

Old 10-25-2003, 07:55 PM   #18
Iblis Reborn

just leave it between him an plaz

and id like to see a demo of that fight too
Iblis Reborn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-25-2003, 08:06 PM   #19
Rumor
caffeine has go power!

Quote:
We? It's just me and g//plazma, for what I know. Why don't we all 3 have challenges against each other, instead of it being 2 v 1?

Like this:

You vs. g//plazma, and then I fight plazma or you.

Get it? All vs all but 2 at a time. I gotta go now, gonna play some JediPlus 4.3 at an old server.

I'll contact you when I can!
fine i'll smurf for plaz then :P

i meant u fite him then me.

him vs me is a foregone conclusion. that being the match will take an hour or so

Old 10-25-2003, 08:17 PM   #20
Master William

I don't think I want to do this, I can bet myself 100% he will record it and send out a demo, even if I tell him not to. If I win I won't send out a demo, it's not like it's a tournament.

If you skip the demo record we can play for sure.

Old 10-25-2003, 08:29 PM   #21
Darth_Pnut
Rookie

Wow Will, you sound afraid.....

Don't talk the talk, if you can't walk the walk. If you really want to fight him, then you should fight him with or with out the demo. It just should not matter. Besides I've seen a post of your's stating that you always win, and are always on top of the scores, well, come on walk the walk. What's one little ol' fight gonna do, tarnish your greatness?

Now I really do wan't to see this fight,

D_P

Darth_Pnut

Former Pnut Knight, Current Pnut Sith Lord
Darth_Pnut is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-25-2003, 09:09 PM   #22
Comm539
Banned

ive read this and ive come to the conclusion that 'master william' for want of a better word is a noob.
He cant strafe jump, dodge kicks or kick, but hes still a 'good player' rofl. Yeh i bet you own...your skills with blue style > all
Comm539 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-25-2003, 09:15 PM   #23
Rad Blackrose
Banned

Three words:

Cluck... Cluck... Cluck.
Rad Blackrose is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-26-2003, 01:30 AM   #24
Rumor
caffeine has go power!

Quote:
I don't think I want to do this, I can bet myself 100% he will record it and send out a demo, even if I tell him not to. If I win I won't send out a demo, it's not like it's a tournament.

If you skip the demo record we can play for sure.
sure i'll play without a demo.

Old 10-26-2003, 02:07 AM   #25
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
I gotta see this.
Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-26-2003, 02:50 AM   #26
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Well the whole "am-laming" thing is only a problem if you join servers running those stupid admin mods and Jedi Mod clones.

Kick can be avoided in sabers only play it just takes timing and skill (I have a few demos showing people countering kicks for example on Outcast Strategy... .see my sig below and go to the Jedi Outcast section).

That's a good idea guys, instead of taunting each other on the forums, why don't you settle this in the game? =)

Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-26-2003, 05:43 AM   #27
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

Notable contributor Helpful! Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member 
Macho Rama

Quote:
Originally posted by Rad Blackrose
Three words:

Cluck... Cluck... Cluck.
Everyday the word becomes more violent.....even the 'computer guys' are full of Bravado nowadays

Good luck......

Asinus asinum fricat
Astrotoy7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-26-2003, 06:00 AM   #28
Rumor
caffeine has go power!

Quote:
Originally posted by Kurgan
Well the whole "am-laming" thing is only a problem if you join servers running those stupid admin mods and Jedi Mod clones.

Kick can be avoided in sabers only play it just takes timing and skill (I have a few demos showing people countering kicks for example on Outcast Strategy... .see my sig below and go to the Jedi Outcast section).

That's a good idea guys, instead of taunting each other on the forums, why don't you settle this in the game? =)
i'll be glad to settle it ingame. just waiting on him to walk the walk just like he talks the talk...

lets go Master William. show us how good you are.

/edit: if you actually nut up and play then you will recieve a lot less flak. your choice.

Old 10-26-2003, 07:13 AM   #29
[div3rse.jello]
Rookie

Re: What I think of the Kicks from JK2

Quote:
Remember the kicks that people went around spamming, constantly annoying each other?

I just played JK2, and I was pissed as heck. People run around kick me, when I try to kick them I end up missing because they simply use /amsit exactly when I'm supposed to kick them.
haha that's academy mod's problem /amsit yay

see why we hate it

[div3rse.jello]
[div3rse.jello] is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-26-2003, 07:44 AM   #30
Luc Solar
PH34R TEH INSANE JAWA!!!

Yeah okay so it screws up the whole game but think of all the good things /amsitting gives us:

First:
you can sit down and look really cool just like Yoda when he was sitting and meditating in teh movies.

Second:
ummm.... umm....uh, well so what if there's nothing else than looking cool! You can't possibly tell me it's not worth it! /amsitting is teh skillz!

Got Honourz? Great.. I hope you choke on it!

I r0xx0r all j00 nooberz that mess with me. You nooberz suXor out of my way or I eat j00....

Most ridiculous Quote of the century: >)O(< ENmiTy: promoting mindless FFA and SD kills promotes disorderly conduct amoung the online community.
Luc Solar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-26-2003, 08:05 AM   #31
Akshara

Quote:
Personally I think you should be able to kick with every saber type
I disagree. The saberstaff has fewer swing variations than the other two, and the two main special moves don't allow for free movement during them and are extremely susceptible to attack. The melee/kick moves balance this out. If all the types were given this ability, it would seriously nerf the staff stance and lessen it's attraction.

I don't think the kick should be changed, nor should the JK2 kick be added. Sure, I'd love to high speed twirly bird my staff around like a dual saberist, or be able to move in any direction while doing the kata like a single saberist - but I can't. What I can do is kick that smirk off your face though...

-----

ps. Master William... play these guys or you're never going to hear the end of it around here. Win or lose, make a good show of it. If you lose, nobody will think less of you seeing the demo; but you're guaranteed that everyone will think less of you if you back out of the challenge.

Comm539 and g//plaZma... answering his question with "no offence, but you're obviously a poor player" and then continually insulting him though he didn't insult back simply isn't cool. So no offense, but I hope he wipes the floor with you.

Be Mindful of Your Thoughts...

-----

Online name: Zhen Jou

Last edited by Akshara; 10-26-2003 at 08:21 AM.
Akshara is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-26-2003, 09:51 AM   #32
Luc Solar
PH34R TEH INSANE JAWA!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Akshara
I disagree. The saberstaff has fewer swing variations than the other two, and the two main special moves don't allow for free movement during them and are extremely susceptible to attack. The melee/kick moves balance this out. If all the types were given this ability, it would seriously nerf the staff stance and lessen it's attraction.
Are you implying that the staff kick is not totally and utterly useless? Are you saying that you've actually gained an advantage after you kicked someone??

No, this is not sarcasm.

Got Honourz? Great.. I hope you choke on it!

I r0xx0r all j00 nooberz that mess with me. You nooberz suXor out of my way or I eat j00....

Most ridiculous Quote of the century: >)O(< ENmiTy: promoting mindless FFA and SD kills promotes disorderly conduct amoung the online community.
Luc Solar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-26-2003, 10:08 AM   #33
CapNColostomy
Custom User Title

One thing you can always count on in this "gaming community", is a good old fashioned retarded argument about who owns, pawns, honererz, is l33ts, or something else along those very stupid and horribly misspelled wrong lines. Keep it coming nOObS, or haxxorz or whatever it is you call yourselves these days. Nerf, Ghey, teh skillz, wOOt. Wow. I feel very cool having said all that garbage.

CapNColostomy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-26-2003, 11:15 AM   #34
IG-64

LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
the kicks were worth a laugh but had the potential to be very annoying
IG-64 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-26-2003, 11:21 AM   #35
Akshara

Quote:
Are you implying that the staff kick is not totally and utterly useless? Are you saying that you've actually gained an advantage after you kicked someone??
Actually yeah... kicks are great. You leap forward or to the side and they think you're gonna butterfly, and then kick them right in the head. All the kicks cut right through shields, plus they have a powerful demoralizing effect. Who wants to be kicked on their butt right before they do their killa move? Get's them flustered just enough to maybe give you the edge depending on their personality type. Jumping over someone's special or kata and kicking them from behind is nice. I've also pinned many to the ground afterwards with the staff, which is generally an immediate kill. And of course, there's nothing like kicking someone off of a ledge when they least expect it.

And that's kinda the thing the way it stands... kick is the least expected move at any given moment, and that's it's power. If everybody did it all the time, it wouldn't have the same effect.

But then of course, there's the even more rarely seen Hilt Bash...

Be Mindful of Your Thoughts...

-----

Online name: Zhen Jou
Akshara is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-26-2003, 11:36 AM   #36
g//plaZma

Quote:
Originally posted by Akshara
ps. Master William... play these guys or you're never going to hear the end of it around here. Win or lose, make a good show of it. If you lose, nobody will think less of you seeing the demo; but you're guaranteed that everyone will think less of you if you back out of the challenge.

Comm539 and g//plaZma... answering his question with "no offence, but you're obviously a poor player" and then continually insulting him though he didn't insult back simply isn't cool. So no offense, but I hope he wipes the floor with you.
lol how did I insult him other than telling him he's obviously not very good? His arguments about kick showed it.

Old 10-26-2003, 02:32 PM   #37
Master William

You can take a screenshot of the ending round to see who gained most score, we can play like 2 maps if you want.

And Kurgan please do something about these immature kids who went ''cluck cluck'' and ''master william is an afraid noob''

You people are acting like cavemen who gather around two men who are going to fight.

I'll send you a PM when we can battle (hopefully you'll be online)

Old 10-26-2003, 03:06 PM   #38
Darth_Pnut
Rookie

UG!, GORG WANT WATCH SMASH!

ok, yea.......

Sorry could not resist....

D_P

Darth_Pnut

Former Pnut Knight, Current Pnut Sith Lord
Darth_Pnut is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-26-2003, 03:44 PM   #39
Rumor
caffeine has go power!

Quote:

And Kurgan please do something about these immature kids who went ''cluck cluck'' and ''master william is an afraid noob''
you're playing in the realm of the competitive players. cluck cluck and jeu r teh afraid!@$ are liek saying hello.

Old 10-26-2003, 03:55 PM   #40
lllKyNeSlll

YOu could simply move backwards. A ptk usually then would only hit a pt. and u can easily drain that back. The best way to counter kicks, is just to be really fast at strafe jumping and drain smart. Or u can simply be a better kicker and let them apporach u and back off and kick them after they miss.

http://www.team-image.net/aerophalanx/
http://www.le3l.owns.it

Team aP server - 66.165.108.104:29070

Famous Figures-Francisco d'Anconia, Milady de Winter, Feanor, John Galt, Mr. Crowley, Roger Federer, Martina Hingis, D'Artagnan de Gascony,
lllKyNeSlll is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Help Center > Strategy Shack > What I think of the Kicks from JK2