lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Hardcore mod
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-14-2005, 08:37 PM   #1
Clone L68362
Forumite

Hardcore mod

Is there a hardcore mod for KOTOR? I did a search but only found stuff concerning K2. I've got a few mods for a game that I think, even on the difficult setting, will make it too easy.

My sig is stupid.
Clone L68362 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-14-2005, 11:20 PM   #2
Simbacca
Rookie

all you have to do to make the difficulty higher is, using KotOR Tool, extract difficultyopt.2da and raise the numbers in the column labeled "multiplier".

if you want a mod that does this already for you, i know this mod here does it, among other things:
http://pcgamemods.com/mod/13143.html

if you don't want the other changes this modder made, only put his difficultyopt.2da file in your Override and don't put in the other .2da files then.

Simbacca is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-14-2005, 11:56 PM   #3
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
Look in "where can I find mods" and locate the link for Talchia's german site (the english link is dead). With some common sense you should be able to figure out which link on that page is the download for the original Hardcore Mod. This thing hasn't left my override since I installed it.
Achilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-16-2005, 10:51 AM   #4
Darkkender
Knight of Holowan

Current Game: Star Wars The Old Republic
Veteran Modder 
I think it is also a part of the Original Holowan Plugin as well.

Working so, we will learn history as a tree knows it; we will climb into shapes printed in the seed; we will become time made visible, years made fragrant; we will make of concentric memory a stem of praise; we will inhabit daylight at a trees own speed; we will be travelers who remain, patriots to this ground.
OMG I only rank 62.13018% geek or a Extreme Geek as it is referred to on the geektest at Geektest
[TSL]Holowan Plugin
Darkkender is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-16-2005, 01:50 PM   #5
Tanesh
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles
Look in "where can I find mods" and locate the link for Talchia's german site (the english link is dead). With some common sense you should be able to figure out which link on that page is the download for the original Hardcore Mod. This thing hasn't left my override since I installed it.
I took the freedom to look it up. Here is the direct link for it.

Tanesh is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-19-2005, 02:55 PM   #6
Simbacca
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simbacca
all you have to do to make the difficulty higher is, using KotOR Tool, extract difficultyopt.2da and raise the numbers in the column labeled "multiplier".

if you want a mod that does this already for you, i know this mod here does it, among other things:
http://pcgamemods.com/mod/13143.html

if you don't want the other changes this modder made, only put his difficultyopt.2da file in your Override and don't put in the other .2da files then.
now i suggested this one, but the rest of you guys suggested Talchia's Hardcore mod.

the one i suggest alters the difficultyopt.2da by raising the multiplier. Talchia's mod instead alters k_ai_master script.

i have a question, what do they do differently to raise the difficulty? i know Talchia's raises enemy attributes and hitpoints in 3 increments throughout the game, but does n e 1 know how the altered difficultyopt.2da raises the difficulty?

Simbacca is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-20-2005, 08:22 PM   #7
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
^^^^
I can't say that I know how it works, but I do know that all the testing I've done with it fails to produce any noticeable results. Could be user error, but it seems pretty straight-forward, so...
Achilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Hardcore mod