Originally Posted by T7nowhere
Are you certain that you linked the hilt to the animation dummy and that you unlinked the old hilt.
You could try to re-rig your model again. This time though, convert your model to ascii import it into gmax, delete everything except your hilt and import and rigg it with the standard single.
Yes, and yes. I as for the re-rig I tried doing this <multiple times actually> but the end result was the same.
This is what I am doing:
1. Either from my save, or from my working hilt, delete all geoms <except my hilt>
2. Make sure I have the correct material applied to my hilt <w_Lghtsbr_098.tga, which is working just fine.>.
3. Select none.
4. Import .ascii of regluar lightsaber <tried this with 7 out of the 10 regular saber models, the only one it had ever worked with is my "original" working hilt, i used w-lghtsbr-006> with the nwn toolbar.
5. Select <by name> the old hilt, I usually look for the one that has aurora and editmesh, something like lshandle006.
6. Re-name lshandle006 to old hilt.
7. Unlink oldhilt from its parent, then click object properties to check that the parent has become "scene root".
8. Select <by name> my hilt and move down to match top of oldhilt <I try to pull it straight down but....... I always end up having to move it over some. I use the blade texture for a refrence point to line it up, centering my hilt to the blade on the x/y.>
9.Click hirearchy>pivot>affect pivot only>align.
10. Select <by name> oldhilt and <click> pick.
11. Check world:x,y,z Local x,y,z and pivot point on both sides, click ok.
12. Click affect pivot only to turn it off.
13. <with my hilt still selected> reset x form.
14. link my hilt to oldhilt's parent <dummy something>, then use "object properties"again to check it.
15. Select <by name> the aurora <w_lghtsbr_00x> and go to modifier tab.
16. Mdl base paramater export <tried this with creature setting and item setting, didnt seem to make a difference> export geom's only.
17 Close gmax <and snoop> then fire up mdlops <which btw likes to crash if I open it too soon, ie 2 secs after I close the snoop>
18 Load the original model <bianary> along with my freshly exported hilt, lshandle06 to be replaced by newhilt, hit do it!
19. Copy/paste the .mdl/.mdx into overide and load up a gamesave where i already have both <my original that works, and my "new" one that works but has malaks hilt instead of mine.>
20. Get pissed off because it still isin't working.
Would anyone be willing to look at my mod and tell me what I did wrong? The only other issues are: a broken icon, and my original saber needs a edit so it will use the correct texture, but I can fix that in 5 mins. If anyone wants to do this I'll fix those issues before I send it over.
I'd really prefer to "fix" this instead of having to go back and re-map/re-skin/re-link/re-replace. I've put alot of hours into this mod, and was almost done <fine tuning everything else but the model for my "short" saber>.
The funny thing is, right before this happened I had a goal for a release date.
I was planning on puting it up next week....so much for that.
I dont want to have to remap my saber, but if i have to go back that far to get this to work i should get started soon.
Thanks for the feedback guys, I'm going to go try this again.