lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Bastilla and Carth at Telos Station [spoilers]
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-16-2005, 11:24 AM   #1
Drinking Sith
Rookie

Bastilla and Carth at Telos Station [spoilers]

Hi all along time ago i posted here

There is a thing i wonder about and i have to get answer
Later in game when you have to defend telos station from the sith and kill the dark sith lord, then after you have killed em and sith lord then you meet with Carl and Bastilla(if your light sided i think) And then im just wondering... How can you meet with Bastilla?! i though i killed her in KOTOR1 so anyone knows how she can be alive?

-Drinking Sith
Drinking Sith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-16-2005, 12:52 PM   #2
The Doctor
Retired

Current Game: Skyrim
Forum Veteran 
The game automatically assumws she lived if Revan was LS.
The Doctor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-16-2005, 12:56 PM   #3
Drinking Sith
Rookie

But even if your lightside in Kotor1 then you have to kill Bastila there is no other way...ore is there?(if there is i wanna know it !)
Old 11-16-2005, 01:00 PM   #4
The Doctor
Retired

Forum Veteran 
You can save her by telling her you love her. You need to use persuade to do it. When you talk to her on the Star Forge at the end, you tell her you love her and want her to come back to the light. It only works if you completed the Bastila romance quest, though.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:02 PM   #5
Drinking Sith
Rookie

Oh cool i want's to try it out but i cant...becouse i cant get my kotor1 working(another problem) It keeps saying when im installing Are you sure you wanna completely UNINSTALL your game? i press yes and assume that i havent uninstalled it. Then i try again after and it says the same i think it becouse i deleted the game a wrong way(deleting the folder) If you have a solution to that problem i would be very pleased
Old 11-16-2005, 05:22 PM   #6
Alkonium

Current Game: Guild Wars 2
Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
And Bastila only appears if Revan was male. I think the female Revan had absolutely no choice but to kill Bastila or something.

Alkonium is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-16-2005, 05:25 PM   #7
The Doctor
Retired

Forum Veteran 
^Wrong. You can still redeem Bastila as a female, but not the same way.
Bothe genders can redeem her without saying you love her, it's just easier as a male as you have two ways of doing it.
Old 11-16-2005, 05:27 PM   #8
deejrhodes
Lurker

No even female revan could save Bastilla...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkonium
And Bastila only appears if Revan was male. I think the female Revan had absolutely no choice but to kill Bastila or something.
I played as female Revan several times (not PC - on XBOX) and you have to choose just the right combination of responses when you fight her on the star forge (I had to have help from the strategy guide). But if you say the right things in the correct order, you can win her over to the light side and she'll use her battle meditation to help the republic fight against the sith while you go find Malak.

Hope that helps.
deejrhodes is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-16-2005, 09:02 PM   #9
Char Ell
Force Enlightened

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Folder extraordinaire Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor
You can save her by telling her you love her. You need to use persuade to do it.
Doc, Doc, Doc, Doc... I thought I had convinced you that you don't have to use the persuade skill to get Bastila to return to the light. For those who are interested you can reference this thread http://www.lucasforums.com/showpost....&;postcount=15

Want to battle against cancer and other chronic diseases? Join Team LFN!

Char Ell is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-17-2005, 02:39 PM   #10
YertyL

This is kinda funny - for a long time I did not even know there was an option to kill Bastila at all. Then I once chose a dialogue option that went along the lines of "OK, I accept that you are lost forever" - I was shocked pretty much by the result
YertyL is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-19-2005, 05:59 AM   #11
jedi3112

Even if you kill her I believe she still show up at the victory celebration. Well so much for killing her.
jedi3112 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-19-2005, 06:46 AM   #12
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

So... how does this relate to the speculations of KotOR III?

Sabretooth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-23-2005, 02:45 PM   #13
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

Current Game: Assassin's Creed
LFN Staff Member Veteran Fan Fic Author Contest winner - Fan Fiction Forum Veteran 
(saracastically) Maybe that people want to see Carth and Bastilla in KOTOR 3

JediMaster12 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-23-2005, 09:20 PM   #14
ilwugoalie
Rookie

If bastila is going to be in the game, I really hope we dont have to listen to her lectures again... thos got old fast

A Powerfull Sith you will become
ilwugoalie is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-26-2005, 11:41 AM   #15
The Doctor
Retired

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi3112
Even if you kill her I believe she still show up at the victory celebration. Well so much for killing her.
No she doesn't. She's DEAD!
@Hai Wan: In order to bring her back to the light through love, you must use persuade. I tried your way and it didn't let me pursue the romance way of redeeming her.
Old 11-27-2005, 09:33 PM   #16
Mono_Giganto
Giant Monkey of Doom™

Current Game: Baldur's Gate EE
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
No she doesn't. She's DEAD!
It's a bug, even if you kill her, she is still present in that final celebration.

Mono_Giganto is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-27-2005, 09:59 PM   #17
Clone L68362
Forumite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drinking Sith
Oh cool i want's to try it out but i cant...becouse i cant get my kotor1 working(another problem) It keeps saying when im installing Are you sure you wanna completely UNINSTALL your game? i press yes and assume that i havent uninstalled it. Then i try again after and it says the same i think it becouse i deleted the game a wrong way(deleting the folder) If you have a solution to that problem i would be very pleased
o_0

Wow. Have you tried maybe checking that you aren't selecting uninstall?

My sig is stupid.
Clone L68362 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-28-2005, 12:46 AM   #18
Char Ell
Force Enlightened

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Folder extraordinaire Forum Veteran 
Quote:
In order to bring her back to the light through love, you must use persuade. I tried your way and it didn't let me pursue the romance way of redeeming her.
I'm not exactly sure what you mean. Does that mean you tried my method and you still had to kill Bastila? If that's the case then you either didn't play the romance options prior to Bastila's capture on the Leviathan or something else is going on. I'm 100% sure my method works because I've successfully tested it multiple times.
If however you're saying that you want to select the romance related dialog options as opposed to the options I specify during the confrontation with Bastila on the Star Forge then I can only take you at your word that use of the persuade skill is required. I wanted to find a way to turn her back to the light without using any manipulation, a.k.a persuade or force persuade, so I never selected any dialog options that used the persuade skill. At the end of it though Bastila will still ask the PC about the love issue, whether you use the persuade/romance related dialog options or not.

Want to battle against cancer and other chronic diseases? Join Team LFN!

Char Ell is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-28-2005, 10:38 PM   #19
Aayla Secura
Rookie

Quote:
You can save her by telling her you love her. You need to use persuade to do it. When you talk to her on the Star Forge at the end, you tell her you love her and want her to come back to the light. It only works if you completed the Bastila romance quest, though.

You save her by telling her you love her? I'm female in that game... Do you know how it works if you're female?

Click on the pic! I dare you!

The Shikon Jewel
Aayla Secura is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-14-2005, 08:18 PM   #20
master jedi101
Rookie

I was dark side exile and still got to see carth and Bastilla.
master jedi101 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-14-2005, 09:13 PM   #21
Mono_Giganto
Giant Monkey of Doom™

Current Game: Baldur's Gate EE
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
...Because you told Atton that Revan was a Light Side Male.

Mono_Giganto is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-14-2005, 09:25 PM   #22
The Doctor
Retired

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hai Wan
I'm not exactly sure what you mean. Does that mean you tried my method and you still had to kill Bastila?
No, I mean that I tried your method and I couldn't redeem her by saying I loved her - the option never came up.
Quote:
If that's the case then you either didn't play the romance options prior to Bastila's capture on the Leviathan or something else is going on.
I did - the last thing you do for that quest is talk to her in the dorms, right?

Quote:
If however you're saying that you want to select the romance related dialog options as opposed to the options I specify during the confrontation with Bastila on the Star Forge then I can only take you at your word that use of the persuade skill is required.
That's what I'm saying. I knew I was right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthcornucopia
You save her by telling her you love her? I'm female in that game... Do you know how it works if you're female?
You have to tell her that if you were saved, then she can be to. I don';t usually play female, so...
Old 12-15-2005, 11:02 PM   #23
RobQel-Droma
Blah

Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
^Bastila can be saved without persuade. Its easier if you have done the romance, since if you mess up one of the options, you can fall back on the romance and persuade.
RobQel-Droma is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Republic Newsfeed > Bastilla and Carth at Telos Station [spoilers]