lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Maximum Number of Attacks Question
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-18-2005, 12:32 AM   #1
beancounter
Rookie

Maximum Number of Attacks Question

When using a single saber, with no special force forms or Flurry the maximum number of attacks my character can make is three. Even if I modify one of the Speed lines to grant five extra attacks the character will still only make three attacks. So I was wondering if anyone has ran into this problem? I believe it has something to do with the combatanimations.2da but I have not had much luck. I would appreciate any help.
beancounter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-18-2005, 09:16 AM   #2
stoffe
Mostly dormant

Helpful! 10 year veteran! Notable contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by beancounter
When using a single saber, with no special force forms or Flurry the maximum number of attacks my character can make is three. Even if I modify one of the Speed lines to grant five extra attacks the character will still only make three attacks. So I was wondering if anyone has ran into this problem? I believe it has something to do with the combatanimations.2da but I have not had much luck. I would appreciate any help.

Works the same here. It seems like the scripted EffectModifyAttacks() effect for KotOR/TSL is capped at giving 2 extra attacks (which is the most it's ever used for in-game). A wild guess would be that they have "reserved" one attack for Flurry and one for Juyo, since the game is hardcoded to only allow at most 5 attacks/round (as far as I have observed).

I doubt it has much to do with combat animations though since the animations aren't keyed to how many attacks you actually make per round, and the extra attacks appear just fine when you use Flurry and/or the Juyo form.

mt
stoffe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Maximum Number of Attacks Question