lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Mercenary crew
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-22-2005, 11:00 AM   #81
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
"I'm sorry to hear that." Said Kin. "He must've been a great one."

Vader's wife was very pregnant when she died 19 years ago. All of a sudden a 19 year old who is very strong in the force and has a distinct resembalance to him in his younger days rolls in from Vader's home planet with his old Master Obi-Wan (Who was the ONLY other person preset at the time his wife died. And to boot, the kid's last name is Skywalker.

So in answer to your question, he knew Luke was his son because his name is Darth Vader, and not Darth Retard.

-Forum post on why Vader knew Luke was his son.
jokemaster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-22-2005, 11:04 AM   #82
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Current Game: TrackMania Nations
Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Emma nodded slowly. "And he was good at what he did... which is why I suspected sabotage. As it turned out, I was right."

Mom tells me I need brain food... but if writing ain't that, I don't know what is!

My work in progress:
Hidden Histories: The Galaxy Hacker

Have a read, give a review, yah?
Writer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-22-2005, 11:08 AM   #83
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
"Who did it?"

Vader's wife was very pregnant when she died 19 years ago. All of a sudden a 19 year old who is very strong in the force and has a distinct resembalance to him in his younger days rolls in from Vader's home planet with his old Master Obi-Wan (Who was the ONLY other person preset at the time his wife died. And to boot, the kid's last name is Skywalker.

So in answer to your question, he knew Luke was his son because his name is Darth Vader, and not Darth Retard.

Old 11-22-2005, 11:11 AM   #84
steven
^I'm with Genius^

Location: Doesn't matter. The question u should be asking is "where r u?"
After buying the medical supplies, Niomi headed into the cantina. The place was jam packed. She scanned the room. There were aliens of all sorts, some she'd never seen before. After several minutes she spotted Jacen. She made her way through the crowd and came up behind him. She put her head over his sholder and said "So captain. Found us a job?"

Make love, not toast.
steven is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-22-2005, 11:18 AM   #85
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"At first, evidence pointed to Hawk," Emma answered. "You know, the assassin. But I found out that some guy named Ganrich Kast framed her. Apparently, he'd lost a series of bets against my uncle and when Hawk started showing up, he figured it was his chance to get even."

Mom tells me I need brain food... but if writing ain't that, I don't know what is!

My work in progress:

Old 11-22-2005, 11:19 AM   #86
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
Kin nodded. "So why'd you join the crew?"

Old 11-22-2005, 11:23 AM   #87
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"Got bored of sitting around doing nothing," Emma answered. "What about you?"

My work in progress:

Old 11-22-2005, 11:34 AM   #88
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
"Well, the ship landed on Tatooine. Back then it was a nice ship, at least by Tatooine standards. So partly on a dare, partly for money, I was supposed to sneak in and grab a....a crash stabilizer from the engine. Huge heavy thing. So I sneak in, past the crew, grab the part and I'm walking out when I hear. "

He did a perfect imitation of Scuzzy's voice "'Freeze and hands in the air, kid.' So, I'm thinking I got caught by an officer or something, I freeze. And he says" Again the imitation. "'Didn't you hear what I said, boy?' and I answered. 'Yes sir, but if I drop this thing you've got me on destruction of property too.' So I found out they were looking for another gunner, and they were slightly impressed that I'd managed to get to the engine and out before they noticed me, so I got in."

He paused. "I used to shoot womp rats with a turret on a ship in my uncle's farm, so I was already pretty good."

Old 11-22-2005, 11:36 AM   #89
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"Ever considered audio acting?" Emma laughed. "That was a perfect imitation of Scuzzy!"

My work in progress:

Old 11-22-2005, 11:41 AM   #90
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
"Not a lot of opportunities for that on Tatooine. Except for imitating Hutt crimelords.....which is hazardous to one's health."

Old 11-22-2005, 11:43 AM   #91
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Emma laughed. "I can well imagine... offer a Hutt entertainment and then imitate his voice... end up being a snack to his favorite pet, yes?"

My work in progress:

Old 11-22-2005, 11:47 AM   #92
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
"Judging by their size, probably ending up being his snack." He grinned. "So did you ever meet Hawk?"

Old 11-22-2005, 11:57 AM   #93
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Emma had to think quickly. She'd have to phrase this carefully... "Once or twice."

She smacked herself internally. Where the hell had that come from? Once or twice? Stupid answer.

My work in progress:

Old 11-22-2005, 12:02 PM   #94
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
Curious, Kin pressed for more info. "When?"

Old 11-22-2005, 12:08 PM   #95
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"Uh..." Emma murmured. Think fast, think fast... "Well the first time was when I was looking into my uncle's death. I confronted her when the evidence pointed to her. She pointed me in the right direction." She shrugged. "You could call me stupid but lucky for trying something like that."

My work in progress:

Old 11-22-2005, 12:09 PM   #96
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
"I would, but that basically describes my entire life: stupid, but lucky."

Old 11-22-2005, 12:19 PM   #97
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"What kind of ship do you think I stole and crashed?" Emma asked after a short silence.

My work in progress:

Old 11-22-2005, 12:20 PM   #98
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
"Heavy frieghter, probably Corellian. "

Old 11-22-2005, 12:29 PM   #99
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"You'd be right," Emma grinned. "Almost had it out of the atmosphere when I lost control of it."

My work in progress:

Old 11-22-2005, 12:29 PM   #100
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
"What were you planning to do with it?"

Old 11-22-2005, 12:34 PM   #101
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Now Emma remembered why she didn't often tell this story... technically, it had been Hawk who'd done the deed. "Well... my plan was to take it to hyperspace and abandon it near Hoth... just for fun, you know. But that didn't work. Fortunately, I didn't crash near any cities."

My work in progress:

Old 11-22-2005, 12:37 PM   #102
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
Kin grinned. "I bet. One of those would've destroyed a lot of buildings."

Old 11-22-2005, 12:40 PM   #103
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"Would've destroyed one of the smaller cities," Emma agreed. "And I got lucky... they couldn't tie me to the theft and destruction. Hawk got blamed for it."

My work in progress:

Old 11-22-2005, 12:47 PM   #104
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
"She seems to be wrongfully blamed for everything." Commented Kin.

Old 11-22-2005, 12:52 PM   #105
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"Yeah, well that's what got me a second visit from her, actually," Emma said. Sometimes she wondered where she got these ideas. "She said that if it had been her, she wouldnt've crashed it... and that's how I got in trouble with my parents actually..."

She grinned. "See, Hawk decided that she wanted to do what I'd attempted. Since she'd seen what happened when I tried it, she wanted me to help her." She shrugged. "Bad idea, but I did it. We got the second one away, but we were chased... barely got away in one of the escape pods." She shivvered. "Landed on Hoth and had to stay there for a couple of days."

My work in progress:

Old 11-22-2005, 12:59 PM   #106
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
"Ouch. How'd you get off?"

Old 11-22-2005, 01:02 PM   #107
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"Well we stayed in the escape pod for quite some time," Emma explained, still marveling at her own ability to compile a mostly fictional tale in seconds. "Then, Hawk left. She was gone for a day and then came back. She explained that she'd found a wrecked ship and needed my help in repairing it. It didn't take much repair and we were able to get away after working on it for three days."

My work in progress:

Old 11-22-2005, 01:11 PM   #108
starmark2k
Someone's Worse Nightmare

LFN Staff Member Roleplayer 
"O.k John you go check him out, i'll go into the cantina." Jacen turned around and wamked through the cantina doors. We went strait to the bar and called over the Toydarian bar tender, The bartender flew over.

"I'll have one corellian ale." Jacen asked as the tender pulled out the drink.

"Anything else?" The toydarian asked

"Yeah do you know of anyone who has a job for a medium freighter and it's crew?"

"funny you should mention it, See that rodian over there." The tender pointed to a particularly fat rodian next to a twi'lek slave girl. "he may have what you need."

Jacen grabbed his drink and walked over to the Rodians table and sat down infront of him.

"Can i help you human?"

"No, I can help you. I'm captain of the Phoenix a fast ship and i hear you are looking for one"

"That depends, how... discreet are you."

"Extreamly."

"Good, I have a moderate amount of cargo i need moved, I also need it moved without the knowledge of the republic or the sith."

"Sound like I can help. Who will i be working for."

the rodian grinned "I also would prefer a no questions arrangement."

"That will cost extra."

"no problem. I'll have the cargo moved to your ship now along with coordinates for a destination. You'll be paid on arrival."

"Good how much."

"75'000 credits."

"Sounds better. I'll be leaving tonight." Jacen stood up and walked to the bar.

"So captain. Found us a job?" Niomi asked from behind.

"Yeah, Yets get back to the ship the cargos should be there soon."
starmark2k is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-22-2005, 01:16 PM   #109
steven
^I'm with Genius^

"What cargo?" Niomi asked as they made there way through the crowd to the door

Make love, not toast.
Old 11-22-2005, 01:24 PM   #110
starmark2k

"It's one of those ask no questions jobs." Jacen walks out of the cantina. Looking for john.

((OOC-Although our characters don't know this We are mainly smuggling weapons however in one of the crates is going to be an unconcious(sp) Jedi (female). We won't discover this untill later but being a jedi you may feel things when you are near the crate or when you're asleep.))
Old 11-22-2005, 01:31 PM   #111
steven
^I'm with Genius^

Niomi came to her conclusion "Weapons or spice. How much? We better make a decent profit. Most of the ships remaining money was spent on supplies." She asked, her cheerfull tone changing into a serious one.

Make love, not toast.
Old 11-22-2005, 01:35 PM   #112
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
"Wow. So what's she like?"

Old 11-22-2005, 01:39 PM   #113
starmark2k

"75,000, So you will be getting 7,500 strait off the top, From the look of the coords we'll be heading to the outter rim, A day or 2 at most for this mission."

(occ- Just for my own knoledge in your next posts can you just say how long you have been on the ship and how you came to be on it, I've had the ship for 3 years now. To stringerhs as you said you worked for the republic in your Bio you can say we knew each other before the ship.))
Old 11-22-2005, 01:41 PM   #114
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Emma had to think about this. What was Hawk like? "Well, she doesn't talk much, really. And from the look on her face, you'd never know if she wanted to kill you or shake your hand... and then kill you." She chuckled. "But I really didn't get much of a chance to observe her much. After we got off Hoth, we jumped to hyperspace. I went to sleep and woke up in an escape pod as she was ejecting it. Crashed into a building on Alderaan and was put in prison for attempting to murder the senator."

She shrugged. "And maybe that's what Hawk wanted... 'cause later the senator disappeared and was found dead a week later. But I was released before that happened... when I explained what happened."

My work in progress:

Old 11-22-2005, 01:43 PM   #115
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
"Well, that may be a good thing. Thanks to that you joined us. "

Old 11-22-2005, 01:44 PM   #116
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Emma was so caught up in her storytelling that Kin's comment stopped her. "What?"

My work in progress:

Old 11-22-2005, 01:47 PM   #117
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
"Well, if she hadn't launched you to Alderaan you'd probably just hang around her. I've been working here a year and a half now, but I was technically the only gunner, since John gets piloting duties too. " He paused. "Besides, you're interesting to talk to."

Old 11-22-2005, 01:48 PM   #118
steven
^I'm with Genius^

"Great. Just what we need several more days in the ship." They approched the Phienox as several cargo holders where dropping the cargo outside the ship "That was fast." she comminted

Make love, not toast.
Old 11-22-2005, 02:16 PM   #119
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Emma grinned. "Well, I think she really would rather work alone anyway... so good thing the sim's broken, yeah? No sim and we resort to the conversations that teach you I'm interesting to talk to." She seemed amused by this.

My work in progress:

Old 11-22-2005, 02:20 PM   #120
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
"Good thing you're so good at it." Kin said, grinning. "Of course I am getting better. Maybe next time I'll be the one breaking it."

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Dantooine Theatre Company > Mercenary crew