lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Reccomended/Best Mods for KoToR
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-18-2005, 07:45 PM   #1
Servercat
Rookie

Post Reccomended/Best Mods for KoToR

Can anyone list/point out, must-have or suberb mods for KoToR?
Servercat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-18-2005, 11:53 PM   #2
REDJOHNNYMIKE
Destroyer of Burfday!

Location: Your liver... and a hobgoblin's jugular... simultaneously
for the first?
I'm not always knowledgable here, but until someone else comes along...

Most mods (if you don't already know) are hosted at PCgamemods.com

I'd recomend any added modules, those are usually pretty fun, and a little inspiring

If you want to try some new textures they usually include screenshots, so you can easily tell wether or not you want them.

The same goes for weapons, they usually include pics, and often give descriptions of their attributes.

Kotor Save Game Editor lets you change pretty much anything in your save games, like changing you character model to a tank, increasing your stats and LS DS points, all kinds of fun stuff.

If you want to try any kind of modding, however simple, Fred Tetra's Kotor Tool is a must have download.

Sorry I'm not real specific, my memory kinda sucks

The Binary Theory of Life: Inside the box = bad... Outside the box = good...
Sanity is the highest form of oppression.
REDJOHNNYMIKE is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-19-2005, 12:13 AM   #3
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Hello Servercat! And Welcome!

Anyway, what mods you would like personally will depend greatly on your own personal tastes.

Your best bet would be to look at the Where Can I Find Mods? Thread and check out the links to modders websites, and browse PCGameMods and check out what there is to offer. See if any suit your fancy!

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-19-2005, 12:18 AM   #4
REDJOHNNYMIKE
Destroyer of Burfday!

Location: Your liver... and a hobgoblin's jugular... simultaneously
Yeah, I forgot, all of Redhawke's stuff that I know of is DL worthy

The Binary Theory of Life: Inside the box = bad... Outside the box = good...
Sanity is the highest form of oppression.
REDJOHNNYMIKE is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-19-2005, 01:31 AM   #5
Servercat
Rookie

Im really interested in Quest and Force/feat expansion mods. Prefereably If you got the force/feats through quests. Thanks for the link Redhawke
Old 11-19-2005, 01:55 AM   #6
The_Maker
Veteran

If you are interested in force mods for K1 I highly reccomend the AIOFPM (All in one force power mod) at pcgm, and This excellent mod made by deathdisco

Enjoy your KotOR Experience

The_Maker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-19-2005, 02:27 PM   #7
Simbacca
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Maker
If you are interested in force mods for K1 I highly reccomend the AIOFPM (All in one force power mod) at pcgm, and This excellent mod made by deathdisco
the mod you linked was Lightsaber Forms Armbands by deathdisco.

as far as mod suggestions, to quote myself from another thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simbacca
i for one currently have about 50 mods that i have made compatiable activate in my KotOR game, as well as about 20 more i have chosen to not currently use at this time. i also have some of my own personal mods running also (as well as working on a very interesting update with a twist to my recruit Yoda mod)

i have the All In One Force Powers , Reign of the Sith , Ord Mandell , Segan Wyndh sabers , Clear Core Sabers , Jedi Canderous , Jedi Mission , Recruit Mekel , Black & Red Droids , Ebon Hawk Basement , Tomb of Exar Kun , Chain Lightning , Kill Yuka Laka , Prestige Robes , Darth Nemisis saber , Arena Mod , Shaggoth's Sith reskin , Mech Malak , Waraxes Single , Waraxes Dual , Jolee Clothes , Invisible Headgear , Sith Items Imporved , Bastila Revalation Robes , Kamino Eugenics Chamber , Juhani Dark Robes , Lightsaber 6 pack , Revan's Mask Plus , 8 New Saber Colors , svosh all in one , just to name a few.

Padawan Mod is a mod that will let you start as a Jedi, and even alter the story on the Endar Spire to explain it better.

though i have yet to use this mod, it could perhaps provide a different game play experience, Xia Terashai Set.

i also use this Balance mod but i made my own personal variations to it. variations to this mod are as easy as just picking and choosing which .2da files to use and which to not but all offer some changes for the game.

if Tweaksta ever releases this mod, it could potential change the whole look and feel of KotOR.

hopefully some of this post, which took more of my time than i expected , helps!

(on a side note: Moderators, do i win a prize for the most hyperlinks in a single post?? )
of course since then i have added even more mods such as the great Holowan Plug-in.

and for some reason, i have missed many Achilles' great mods, until now. not only did i add many mods from his site, but also his big one at pcgm.com, the 2-in-1.

Last edited by Simbacca; 11-19-2005 at 02:48 PM.
Simbacca is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-19-2005, 02:49 PM   #8
Simbacca
Rookie

one more thing regarding my above post: i had to do a ton of merging of files and edits of my own to get all the mods i have list above in my quote to work together, and to work with big compliation pack such as the Holowan Plug-In and AIOFPs, so be prepared. i even had to do a bit editing (primary with all those placeables) just to get all of Achilles' mods to work together, especially all those individual mods with the big 2-in-1 pack (keeping me on my toes Achilles )

(on a side note: i think i beat my previous record of most hyperlinks in a single post with my last one! )

Simbacca is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-19-2005, 04:06 PM   #9
Darth InSidious
A handful of dust.

Current Game: KotOR II
If you're looking for items, I made a large collection (30+), a while back

Works-In-Progress
~
Mods Released
~
Quid existis in desertum videre?
Darth InSidious is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-19-2005, 09:09 PM   #10
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
Thanks to Simbacca for the plug

If I had to pick one mod to recommend above all others, it would probably have to be Shosey's High Stakes Pazaak mod. There are others that I enjoy and make the game a lot more fun, but this is one of the must-have mods in my book.
Achilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-20-2005, 09:31 PM   #11
jordie8472

My personal favorite can be found at http://pcgamemods.com/mod/5789.html
jordie8472 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-21-2005, 04:40 AM   #12
Servercat
Rookie

These look like good mods. Now if only i could get, some of my prfered ones to work. Kotor Tool doesn't like me
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Reccomended/Best Mods for KoToR