lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: New X-Wing Series
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-19-2005, 12:35 AM   #1
Skinkie
Definately, Maybe

10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
New X-Wing Series

Has anyone been reading these? I love the old series, and I saw one of these at a book store today. Almost picked it up, but figured I'd just be happier waiting for the TPB. And I thought I should ask if it's anywhere near as good as the old series, and if I am correct in understanding these take place before the other ones, so I'm still not getting the Baron Fel capture story arc I've been waiting for.

Just because people think what I say don't make sense, doesn't mean I don't like popsicles.
Skinkie is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-27-2005, 05:35 AM   #2
benTantilles

yes, they're taking place before the other ones. They're meant to be a introduction into the Rogue Squadron series, since The Rebel Opposition didn't really serve as a good first arc for the series.

I hear that this new mini-series is only mediocre, though. Pity. I was looking forward to a new X-wing series and with Haden Blackman at the helm, i was hoping for the best. I doubt we'll be seeing any more x-wing comics in the future.

Words of Appreciation from fans -"benT, for creating this thread you should be dipped in honey and auctioned on a gay website..... "
benTantilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-27-2005, 11:07 AM   #3
swphreak
My cabbages!!!

10 year veteran! Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
I heard about it, but I'll be waiting til the TPB comes out. I hate buying comics in parts.

Last edited by swphreak; 11-30-2005 at 07:48 PM.
swphreak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-29-2005, 08:24 PM   #4
Skinkie
Definately, Maybe

That's pretty depressing, I was really looking forward to it being awesome. I'll get it anyway just to be sure, but still, my enthusiasm is slightly lower.

Just because people think what I say don't make sense, doesn't mean I don't like popsicles.
Old 11-30-2005, 01:57 AM   #5
benTantilles

it is indeed disappointing. i've only read the first few pages of the first issue- the introductory parts, with ten nunb in his B-wing charged with fire control and Janson & Tycho on patrol- and it got my hopes up. pity people claim the rest of the arc isn't too fantastic.

Words of Appreciation from fans -"benT, for creating this thread you should be dipped in honey and auctioned on a gay website..... "
benTantilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-30-2005, 11:01 AM   #6
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Yeah, I decided to pass on this one...

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-03-2005, 12:47 AM   #7
Skinkie
Definately, Maybe

I read the pages they had up on the darkhorse site, but it didn't really show any story, I just got that it was pretty.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars > Expanded Universe > New X-Wing Series