lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: A few questions...
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-22-2005, 12:14 PM   #1
Darth_Robinson
Rookie

A few questions...

Hi, I'm new here, so these are probably some simple problems to solve. I started modding KOTOR about a month ago with the KOTOR Tool, but have had some problems making my own mods.

1) How do I modify custom .dlg files? I can open the in-game ones fine, but as soon as they are saved to my Override folder I can't modify them. They just come up as a blank window with no 'root' option. It says that it has no game info, so it uses KOTOR's info by default (as opposed to TSL.) Despite being KOTOR files, it still can't display them. What am I doing wrong?

2) Does anyone know the script to boost a character to the next level? The mod I'm working on requires party members to level, but I can't figure out what to add to my script to do that.

3) The game lists a whole bunch of extra portraits for characters other than the bunch you get to see (Carth, Bastila, etc.) Does anyone know what they are? I could go through and modify my characters to use them, but that would be time consuming so I figured I would just ask. Are there any wookie ones? I'm working on a recruitable wookie (to replace zaalbar) and don't know if there is a character portrait I could use.

4) How do I add custom upgrades to the list of available upgrades? I have several custom lightsaber crystals that are just kind of sitting in my override folder. When I try to modify lightsabers to change properties when one of them is used, I cannot select my custom crystals from the list of upgrades. Does anyone know how to do that?

Again, these are probably stupid problems to have, but they're what I've got. Thanks a lot.
Darth_Robinson is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-22-2005, 10:49 PM   #2
LoneFerret
Rookie

Hey there,
Well I had the same problem, just extract the dlg file using KotorTool, and use another dialog editor and work with that...

if you want a wookie character, check pcgamemods.com.. they may have one...

Can't help you with that last one.. sorry..

hope I helped a bit...

LoneFerret
LoneFerret is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-23-2005, 12:48 AM   #3
REDJOHNNYMIKE
Destroyer of Burfday!

Location: Your liver... and a hobgoblin's jugular... simultaneously
(3) Did you find them in KT textures? if so you might be able to double click to bring up a screen with the picture.

(4) I don't know much about .2da's but I'm pretty sure that's your problem, one of them should have a list of available upgrades, check the tutorials at the top of the forum, I don't know specifically which one has your answere, but look at the ones in the .2da editing section, and the ones about custom sabers.

hope that helps

edit: try this one: http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=143991

The Binary Theory of Life: Inside the box = bad... Outside the box = good...
Sanity is the highest form of oppression.
REDJOHNNYMIKE is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-23-2005, 12:56 AM   #4
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
1) KOTOR I's dilogue files can be edited directly from within KOTOR Tool, TSL's dialogue files have to be extracted with KT and modified with tk102's DLG Edit.

2)For scripting functions you should look in the games nwscript.nss, it has all the scripting functions, I believe you will need to use the addexp or similar function.

4) You have to make an lightsaber upgrade crystal .uti file, assign the properties to it you want your upgrade to have, then you will need to add a new line and refrence to your new upgrade .uti files in the upgrade.2da file. Only then can they show up and be used.

I hope this helps!

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-23-2005, 10:30 AM   #5
Darth_Robinson
Rookie

Thanks a lot. I have already created a .uti file for the custom upgrades AND added them to the 'upgrade.2da' file, but they still don't display under the 'properties' field. Very confusing. Also, what program would I use to modify .dlg files if KOTOR Tool won't fit the bill?

Again, thanks.
Darth_Robinson is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-23-2005, 10:33 AM   #6
LoneFerret
Rookie

Hey there, well for Kotor 1 .dlg the Kotor Tool will do.. My mistake and that one, sorry. For your upgrade.2da... well I can't awnser that. RedHawke would be in a better position for that one...

LoneFerret
LoneFerret is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-24-2005, 12:11 AM   #7
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Robinson
Thanks a lot. I have already created a .uti file for the custom upgrades AND added them to the 'upgrade.2da' file, but they still don't display under the 'properties' field. Very confusing.
Do the upgrades show up and you are able to install them?

If yes, then you likely have put too many properties on your upgrade item, you will have display problems with some upgrades and adding on too many properties... the big question is?

Does the preoperties you added on your upgrade show up on the upgraded item?

If you can install the upgrades, make note of what your upgrade adds to the weapon/item, and see if the stats change on the weapon itself after installing the upgrade, just because you cannot read the properties in the upgrade window, it doesn't mean they don't work on the upgraded item!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Robinson
Also, what program would I use to modify .dlg files if KOTOR Tool won't fit the bill?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHawke
KOTOR I's dilogue files can be edited directly from within KOTOR Tool, TSL's dialogue files have to be extracted with KT and modified with tk102's DLG Edit.
You can get tk102's DLG Edit here.

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > A few questions...