lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Bandwidth needed?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-17-2005, 04:47 AM   #1
djmoose
Rookie

Bandwidth needed?

I'm working on setting up a PC dedicated server for PS2 games. Is there a specific equation of sorts for how much upload bandwidth your server needs? I imagine it's something along the lines like how Winamp's Shoutcast works...depending on the bitrate you're streaming at...how many listeners can you have at once?

Basically, I know I have 768k upload...so how many players can I have on at once with no bandwidth stress?

Thanks!

Last edited by djmoose; 10-18-2005 at 10:46 PM.
djmoose is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-18-2005, 08:01 PM   #2
Carpaltunnal
Rookie

Hi moose, I'm on PC but all the info I've found on bandwidth is posted here:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=153986

with 768k upload you should (if the bandwidth requirements are the same as PC) be able to host 12 to 24 players comfortably
Carpaltunnal is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-27-2006, 08:18 AM   #3
ERHDeadEyeJedi
Lurker

My upload hangs just under 400 and I made a room with a max of 24 players plus 32 AI per team. At one point there were 7 people in the room and it held up just fine. This was with a 128k limit though, so the PS2 connections might not be such a burden.
ERHDeadEyeJedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > SWBattlefront.net (SWBF I & II) > Star Wars Battlefront II > Server Administration > Bandwidth needed?