lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Really New
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-30-2000, 02:31 PM   #1
Bravo Leader

Post Really New

I am extremely new to this game, I just got it last week. Anyway, I am stuck on Prologue, Mission 4 "Sticking it to the Viraxo." I've read several strategy guides, and tried it many times, but I can't seem to beat it. It's the one where you have to join the "Andrasta" in an assault on Viraxo 54, while the "Venix" Drops off some spice, and you probably already know what I'm talking about. Anyway, I can take out the first six razors and the PES "Enkidu," Then I go one and take out their cargo vessels to reach the 25% ddestroyed mark. After that, I go and help the Andrasta with the incoming Razors, but then after Aeron ejects, the Andrasta just leaves, and I am stuck with all the fighters. By then, the Victory Class SD has come, and launched TIEs at me. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong, and give me a step by step as to how to beat this mission?
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-30-2000, 02:51 PM   #2
K_Kinnison
Grey Lensman

Forum Veteran Hot Topic Starter 10 year veteran! 
Your having to much killing and not paying attention to what is happening.

After Aareon ejects and is picked up by Emon, you need to destroy the Venix/Sabra. Also, YOU need to survive, so once the Destroyer shows up, it MIGHT be a good idea to hyper out
K_Kinnison is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-30-2000, 10:12 PM   #3
Bravo Leader

I am (trying) to pay attention, however, maybe 85% of the time I play the level, Emon just leaves, and never picks Aeron up. I've tried blowing up the Venix, but then Emkay just yells at me and it says I failed the mission.
Old 04-30-2000, 11:38 PM   #4
Young Yoda

Hmm,

I had heard of this before, Emon left caused by when Star Destroyer show up, I seem that one before first time, so you must destory fighters quickly as you can, After Emon will pick up Aeron before Star Destroyer show up, I know that I took too long, Star Destoryer show to cause Emon to leave, you must act very quickly.

Did you got that!
Old 04-30-2000, 11:42 PM   #5
Fel Crynyd

Well Emkay can be a biacth but your brother has to be ok (no less than 25% hull other wies he quits) Also wait till Your sister says she is on board. Expolsion can hurt you now (it is a new thing in this series). Then blow it up (the Venix) and run (or stay behind and blow everything up and try for the General ranking).
Old 05-01-2000, 01:45 AM   #6
Bravo Leader

Actually, I just beat the level. Funny. Thanks for the advice, but I finally beat the dumb thing. But I do have one question though. What causes engine wash, and how do I stop it?
Old 05-01-2000, 06:46 AM   #7
Gold leader
Deathstar Demolisher

Your ship gets damaged by engine wash when you fly too close to a capital ship's engines. Just stay away from there.
Gold leader is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-01-2000, 01:52 PM   #8
K_Kinnison
Grey Lensman

Forum Veteran Hot Topic Starter 10 year veteran! 
Normally it is just something that TG added so ppl do just sit behinf a CRV and pluck away at its blind spot. Also adds a little more realism. I remember take Engine was from the Exuctor in the one mission where you rescure Aaron. I think is was 2 Km away from the SSD at the time.
K_Kinnison is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-02-2000, 02:41 AM   #9
Bravo Leader

Thanks. What's with all these Jedi Padawan and Jedi Knight ranks that I see on under people's names?
Old 05-02-2000, 05:36 AM   #10
Gold leader
Deathstar Demolisher

Your rank depends on your number of posts. After 30 posts, you'll become a Jedi Knight. When you reach 10000 posts, you'll become immortal. That's why people stick around here.
Old 05-02-2000, 03:23 PM   #11
Young Yoda

(gasp) 10000 POSTS! WOW!!! that lot. Hmm, that going to have very long time, about years.
Old 05-03-2000, 12:35 AM   #12
Bravo Leader

Program a javascript applet to take control of your browser, and post 10000 times here, with the topic "Ignore this thread."
Old 05-03-2000, 05:56 AM   #13
Fondas

Some have failed to notice Gold Leader's refined irony...

------------------
The only place where success comes prior to work, is in a dictionary ! TZG+7

Old 05-03-2000, 07:32 AM   #14
Gold leader
Deathstar Demolisher

Smile

Thank you, Fondas
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > XWingAlliance.net > 1. XwingAlliance > Player Strategy > Really New