lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Flight of Serenity
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-23-2005, 05:06 PM   #41
Shana
Future Trophy Wife

Current Game: League of Legends
Roleplayer 
Kaylee was walking to the infirmary to talk to Simon when she was almost tackled by River.

- "Wow, really in a hurry huh?" - Kaylee said and went inside the infirmary to look for Simon.

((I'm going to be away for like the whole week so you guys can exercise character control over Kaylee just to keep the story moving for the week please, I'll be back soon))

Formerly known as "Miracle"

No puedo olvidarte
sacarte de mi
respiro, no puedo
me ahoga mirarte,
pensarte
sal de mi piel...

Belinda - Sal de mi piel

Last edited by Shana; 12-23-2005 at 06:13 PM.
Shana is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-24-2005, 01:37 PM   #42
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
Mal was discussing what they were going to do with the girl with Zoe when River bolted in.

"What's wrong?" He asked

Vader's wife was very pregnant when she died 19 years ago. All of a sudden a 19 year old who is very strong in the force and has a distinct resembalance to him in his younger days rolls in from Vader's home planet with his old Master Obi-Wan (Who was the ONLY other person preset at the time his wife died. And to boot, the kid's last name is Skywalker.

So in answer to your question, he knew Luke was his son because his name is Darth Vader, and not Darth Retard.

-Forum post on why Vader knew Luke was his son.
jokemaster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-25-2005, 01:25 AM   #43
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Current Game: TrackMania Nations
Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
"I can't hear her thoughts," River said. "She might be lying..." She stared at him. "But she wants to talk to you. Questions... questions you can answer, she says."

Mom tells me I need brain food... but if writing ain't that, I don't know what is!

My work in progress:
Hidden Histories: The Galaxy Hacker

Have a read, give a review, yah?
Writer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-25-2005, 04:53 PM   #44
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
"All right..." He walked down to the room "Zoe, stay outside be ready if she tries anything. Simon, put her to sleep as soon as she does."

He walked in.

Vader's wife was very pregnant when she died 19 years ago. All of a sudden a 19 year old who is very strong in the force and has a distinct resembalance to him in his younger days rolls in from Vader's home planet with his old Master Obi-Wan (Who was the ONLY other person preset at the time his wife died. And to boot, the kid's last name is Skywalker.

So in answer to your question, he knew Luke was his son because his name is Darth Vader, and not Darth Retard.

Old 12-25-2005, 07:18 PM   #45
Curt-Man
Swoop?

"Yeah because I'm useless." Jayne said then walked off.

Curt-Man is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-25-2005, 09:35 PM   #46
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"Not useless," Simon corrected. "Usless other than in a fight."

He stepped into the room with Mal and the girl. She looked up at them and laughed.

"I never expected you to come alone," she said. "Your doctor's a good choice... since he can trigger my sleep." She shook her head.

"But I'm curious," she went on. "So there won't be any fighting." She paused, looking up at him thoughtfully as she carefully sat up, hands still chained to the floor.

Mom tells me I need brain food... but if writing ain't that, I don't know what is!

My work in progress:

Old 12-25-2005, 09:41 PM   #47
Curt-Man
Swoop?

Jayne merely scoffed at the comment, then sat down.

Old 12-26-2005, 12:07 PM   #48
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
"That seems like a good idea." Said Malcom. "So what do you want?"

Old 12-26-2005, 07:52 PM   #49
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"Like I said," the girl answered with a little smirk, "I'm curious. You're not as cold-blooded as the Alliance portrayed you or I'd already be dead... but I can tell that's a topic you're still debating..." She shrugged. "Why didn't you kill me immediately? It's what the Alliance told me you'd do... and is why I struggled so hard against my conditioning. So tell me, why am I still alive?"

My work in progress:

Old 12-26-2005, 08:20 PM   #50
Curt-Man
Swoop?

Jayne joined the group of people.
"Whos the girl?'

Old 12-26-2005, 09:57 PM   #51
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
"It's another girl like River." Said Zoe. "Except her conditioning was completed..."

"Killing ain't what I do, little girl." Said Malcom. "I don't know what the alliance told you about me, but I just try to survive. "

Old 12-26-2005, 10:05 PM   #52
Curt-Man
Swoop?

"Oh lovely." Jayne muttered.

Old 12-26-2005, 10:56 PM   #53
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"Your thoughts tell me you're being truthful," the girl muttered. She shrugged. "Alright then. You've proven to me I have been trusting liars for no reason better than that they made me what I am."

She stood slowly. Simon stared and seemed to be trying to open his mouth.

"You have nothing to fear from me," she said as it became clear she was telekinetically holding Simon's mouth shut. "Don't say those words, Doctor. I am no longer interested in fighting."

"How'd you get out of those handcuffs?" Simon demanded. The girl laughed.

"I'm a telepath and a telekinetic, Doctor," she answered, still giggling. "Did you really think that handcuffs could hold me when I can manipulate even small things?"

She turned to Mal. "Well, Captain, what's next? Do you want me to open my thoughts to River, let her tell you I really mean no harm to any of you?"

My work in progress:

Old 12-27-2005, 01:05 PM   #54
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
"That'd be a good start." Said Malcom, still not trusting her.

Old 12-27-2005, 01:31 PM   #55
Writer
Not switching to DTV

((It would be helpful for me in playing this character if y'all would post some of the things your characters are thinking... after all, she's a reader ))

River came into the room and there were several seconds of silence. Finally River spoke.

"She followed our trail for a long time," she said. "Then, she found us. She didn't understand why you didn't kill her. She wants to learn."

River turned to look at Mal. "She doesn't want to hurt us anymore."

My work in progress:

Old 12-27-2005, 08:13 PM   #56
Mandalorian54
Journeyman Protector

Current Game: FFT (PS1 Version)
((I just saw the movie yesterday and I loved it, so I want to join the story. But I don't acctually want to play a movie character. Is it okay if I just create my own? Also, can someone give me a 30-50 word summury of the story so far so I don't have to read it all. I did skim through some and I read the first bunch of posts where everyone was picking characters.))

Mandalorian54 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-28-2005, 10:15 AM   #57
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
((Well, we could do that they're looking for a replacement pilot for Wash.

So far they went to one of the more central planets to get a job, legal and legit. But when they arrived they were ambushed by the girl. There was a fight, and Simon finished it by speaking the words to put the girl and River to sleep. Now the girl says that the alliance had lied to her about the crew and that she means no harm.))

Zoe stood at the door. She was angry, she knew that the same people who had killed her husband had now sent another assasin after them.

Malcom was worried, mostly for the same reasons. Last time the Alliance had sent someone after them, Book and Wash had died. He was reluctant to take any more chacnes this time. His eyes narrowed.

"What's your name?"

Old 12-28-2005, 11:09 AM   #58
Writer
Not switching to DTV

The girl smiled. "I'd like to think we're getting somewhere with that question. I'm Amanda Grace."

My work in progress:

Old 12-28-2005, 11:12 AM   #59
Mandalorian54
Journeyman Protector

((Yeah that makes sense, okay I'll make a pilot.))

Name: Alex Fiosom

Appearence: Alex stands five feet and eleven inches tall, he has a thin build but is muscular and fit. He looks two or three years younger than he is has a handsome face. The young man's short hair is dyed a smokey gray and styled in a messy sort of widow's peak. When Alex goes out he styles hismself in a very underground hardcore punk style, but lounging around the house or the ship he dresses fairly casually like a normal person.

There is a small scar on the left side of his jaw bone, and another across his left eyebrow. On his right arm a gruesome twisted scar extends from elbow to wrist. The tip of his pinky finger was cut off. Another scar decorates his shoulder and the last of his scars is his left leg just above his knee. All of these scars were from the war.

Personality: Alex is a sad lonely person, the war killed almost everyone he knew, his family and his friends. Alex has some bitterness in his heart, especially for the Parliment, but he is still a kind and compasionate person. From a young age he was shown the importance of love and truth by his parents, and he clings to that.

History: Alex was orphaned by the war when he was 16, he joined the army despite being underage and became a top fighter pilot. Alex earned 12 medals during his 3 years as a fighter pilot. When the war ended Alex used his skill to earn money as a freelancer. Malcom and Zoe both new Alex during the war and ran into him a few times after. Alex was low on work and Serenity was in need of a new pilot, so Alex asked if he could join them.

((Oh yeah, one more thing, in the movie Jayne was not as bad as you say. And he would never sell out the crew. He has a bit of a drinking problem, and an agressive personality, but he's still a nice guy.))

Old 12-28-2005, 11:12 AM   #60
Curt-Man
Swoop?

Jayne sensed something dangerous about the girl just by looking at her, but he had confidence in his rifle and his aim.

Old 12-28-2005, 12:23 PM   #61
Mandalorian54
Journeyman Protector

((JM, Wash was killed by the Reavers not the Alliance. I read the entire thread so I'm fully up to date now.))

Old 12-28-2005, 12:47 PM   #62
Writer
Not switching to DTV

((You should watch the TV show, Firefly... Jayne sells out Simon and River somewhere in there, though I have yet to see that episode... Also, in another episode, there's mention that the money wasn't worth turning on the crew. Mal asks what'll happen when it is and Jayne says that'll be a pretty interesting day. Mal agrees.))

My work in progress:

Old 12-28-2005, 02:10 PM   #63
Mandalorian54
Journeyman Protector

((Hmm...interesting. In the movie he doesn't seem like he'd do that. Anyway, it's pretty hard to watch a tv show that's off the air. Is it on dvd or anything?))

Old 12-28-2005, 08:07 PM   #64
Writer
Not switching to DTV

((Yep... online you can find it for as little as $25, I think, but in stores it costs over $40.))

My work in progress:

Old 12-28-2005, 09:34 PM   #65
Mandalorian54
Journeyman Protector

((I'll check ebay))

Old 12-29-2005, 04:07 AM   #66
starmark2k
Someone's Worse Nightmare

LFN Staff Member Roleplayer 
((OOC- Hey guys are there any characters still going. or can i make up my own.))
starmark2k is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-29-2005, 12:03 PM   #67
Writer
Not switching to DTV

((Simon, Inara, and Zoe are still available, I think... other than that, feel free to create a new character.))

My work in progress:

Old 12-29-2005, 12:43 PM   #68
starmark2k

((cool If its o.k with Jokemaster i'll take Simon. I can be a stuck up medic with a heart.))
Old 12-29-2005, 12:57 PM   #69
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
((Yeah, but Wash was killed because the Alliance thrust them into that situation. ))
"What do you want?"

Old 12-29-2005, 04:36 PM   #70
starmark2k

"Why have you been following River?" Simon Interupted feeling great concern for his sisters welfare.
Old 12-29-2005, 06:40 PM   #71
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"Not just River," Amanda corrected. River stared at her.

"All of us," she whispered. Amanda nodded.

"The Alliance doesn't like any of you now," she agreed. She turned back to Mal. "Let me ask you something. Did you destroy my shuttle?"

My work in progress:

Old 12-29-2005, 07:49 PM   #72
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
"No." Said Mal. "We prefer to salvage the parts."

Old 12-29-2005, 08:07 PM   #73
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"In this case, destroing it would've been better," Amanda said, perfectly imitating Mal's accent. "It follows us and the Alliance follows it."

She shrugged and dropped the accent. "Stop somewhere and I can destroy the transmitter."

My work in progress:

Old 12-29-2005, 08:18 PM   #74
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
"All right. River, go and stop the ship." Mal said, half-amused half annoyed at the imitation.

"Sir" Interrupted Zoe. "We still have someone to meet." She meant Alex, but she didn't want to use names, in case Amanda was lying.

Old 12-29-2005, 09:03 PM   #75
Mandalorian54
Journeyman Protector

((Shall we say Alex isn't on the ship yet, but you guys have to come pick him up. I'll just wait for you to pick him up then I'll jump in.))

Old 12-30-2005, 10:43 AM   #76
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"A new pilot, eh?" Amanda said, catching Zoe's thoughts. She nodded. "Hope he's good."

As River turned to go to the cockpit, Amanda stopped her.

"My suggestion is that you stay in the cockpit while I disable the transmitter," she said. "The Alliance won't be far behind my shuttle. We'll have to get out of here fast."

River nodded and headed toward the cockpit.

My work in progress:

Old 12-30-2005, 11:17 AM   #77
starmark2k

Simon Followed his sister she headed to the cockpit, he gabbing her shoulder to stop her moving when they reached the corridore leading into it.

"River, How well do you know this girl... I don't think Mal Trusts her."
Old 12-30-2005, 12:44 PM   #78
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"He doesn't," River agreed. "She's curious. The Alliance lied to her. She'll watch us. Depending on what she sees, she'll help us... or kill us."

With that, she broke free from his grasp and entered the cockpit.

My work in progress:

Old 12-30-2005, 12:55 PM   #79
starmark2k

"kill us?" Simon rhetorically asked as he continued to follow river into the cockpit. "River what are you doing, you know that Mal dosn't like you to be in here on your own."
Old 12-30-2005, 02:27 PM   #80
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"He told me," River said, moving to the pilot's seat and decreasing the speed. "Slow the ship. Amanda wants to shut down her transmitter."

My work in progress:

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Community > Star Wars Roleplaying > Flight of Serenity