lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: KotOR2-style rebalance for KotOR
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-30-2005, 10:36 PM   #1
Darth Windu
TSLRP Beta Tester

[K1] KotOR2-style rebalance for KotOR

Hi folks.

Just posted this mod as pcgamemods.com, which also has another mod of mine, which changed the special lightsabre colours.

Having bought and played both KotOR and KotOR2, I came to the same conclusion as Obsidian - the Jedi Sentinal needed to be better.

What I've done is taken the stats - feats, skills, class skills etc from KotOR2 and transplanted them into KotOR. All Jedi classes in KotOR will now play exactly the same way they do in KotOR2.

This mainly affects the Sentinal, which is given a huge boost, but also slightly affects Guardian and Consular, but does not change Soldier, Scout or Scoundrel.

In addition, I tried to make it so that characters would slowly regain health out of combat without you having to use medpacs, Force Heal, but can't get it to work. Does anyone know how to get health regeneration in KotOR? I got it to work once and nothing since.

Anyway, I'll be releasing a new version soon with some extra powers for the Consular.

Thoughts?

T7edit: When you post a mod release also post a link to the mod. http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/17433.html

Dark Lord of the Purists

Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges

Last edited by T7nowhere; 12-05-2005 at 12:43 AM.
Darth Windu is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-30-2005, 11:03 PM   #2
shamelessposer
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Windu
In addition, I tried to make it so that characters would slowly regain health out of combat without you having to use medpacs, Force Heal, but can't get it to work. Does anyone know how to get health regeneration in KotOR? I got it to work once and nothing since.
Edit the regeneration.2da file.

This one's SUPER LUCKY!

You can't change someone's mind, but you can change whether or not you see their posts. Learn to love your ignore list.
shamelessposer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-01-2005, 04:09 AM   #3
Darth Windu
TSLRP Beta Tester

...that's what I thought I had to do, but it just doesn't work. The only time it has ever worked is when I put health regen up to 10.5, but then when I tried it again nothing happened.

Anyway, v1.1 has now been released, with changes to force powers.

Dark Lord of the Purists

Old 12-01-2005, 04:55 PM   #4
shamelessposer
Rookie

It works fine in my mod just setting it to 1.0.

This one's SUPER LUCKY!

You can't change someone's mind, but you can change whether or not you see their posts. Learn to love your ignore list.
shamelessposer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-06-2005, 10:15 AM   #5
YertyL

YES! Finally the sentinel class is playable again in KOTOR1! DLing immediately! Nice job
YertyL is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-07-2005, 10:31 PM   #6
Darth Windu
TSLRP Beta Tester

Glad you like it YertyL

Thanks T7, I completely forgot.

Dark Lord of the Purists

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Taris Upper City Emporium > KotOR2-style rebalance for KotOR