Damn...damn...damn...I just typed all this out, but my blasted computer locked up as I hit post...damn...damn...damn.
But because I'm nice, and I like this mission I write it out again.
This is a hard mission, but it can be completed simply. Here is what I do.
Easy setting (note that Medium and Hard, are as you would expect, not this easy
1. At the beginning of the mission you have to take out all the transports...don't bother, your wingmen can handle them without too much trouble. Instead concentrate on the Xiytiar Transports, which while not very powerful, are the most dangerous ones there and may cost you a wingman or two...
Completely ignore the Nebulon B and the transport nearest to it.
2. Attack the Xiytiar's with Guns Only
. You should have absolutely no trouble in taking them out.
3. Once you have cleared the area, Hyper to the next one. As soon as you arrive, forget everything else and immediately locate the Frigate.
your Torpedoes into it. If it somehow survives (usually on the higher difficulty settings) just put a few shots in it to finish it off.
5. Once the Neb B is out of the picture, find the transport that jumped with it (there is usually one). Put it in a target pre-set (Shift-F5).
6. Then you can do a bit of dogfighting while you wait for the shuttles to arrive...even though they are carried by the Frigate that you already destroyed...
...(yet another bug).
7. When the Shuttles turn up (it isn't that long of a wait), forget everything else and destroy them.
8. With the shuttles destroyed, you only have to take out that remaining transport. Hit F5, and destroy it.
9. Do a victory roll and bug out. Mission Objectives Completed.
If you are a bit more adventurous...
10. Before the transport is destroyed order your wingmen to attack the ISD (target it then hit tab-7-2)...this does two things...1: Stops your wingmen leaving when all the mission objectives are completed...and 2: means that you still have wingmen later
11. Destroy the transport, then attack the ISD. Take it out in the usual way.
12. As soon as the ISD is destroyed a Modified Neb B will appear, with several flights of very hard TIE/In. If there are any X-Wings left, they will usually target them, but also order your some of your wingmen to attack as well.
13. You and the remaining wingmen should go and attack the Frigate.
If you do not have any wingmen left then I would advise against this. Those Modified Frigates are damn tough to take out with a single fighter.
14. Once you have destroyed the Frigate and all the remaining TIE's...do a victory roll and bug out. All bonus points achieved.
Hope this helps...I kind of rushed it second time around.
'Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it...'
Wing Commander - Secret Ops Missions
The Fanfiction Archives
New British Empire