lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: Dantooine and Korriban for K3?
Just Korriban 25 15.24%
Just Dantooine 15 9.15%
Both 73 44.51%
Neither 51 31.10%
Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Dantooine and Korriban for K3?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-10-2005, 03:09 PM   #41
Doomie
Do the Black Mage!

If they can make it a new experience, I'm not opposed to it at all.
Doomie is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-10-2005, 11:17 PM   #42
Darth Viggo
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ztalker
Did one of you see the Clone Wars cartoon that featured Dantooine?

It was very grim, with rain and thunderstorms. I think that they should retexture it, to lose the happy-teletubbie look of Dantooine.

Korriban is a stayer, but only if they add some tombs and the option to raid them like in K1.

I am liking the idea of Dantooine turning into a "Dark" now that all of the original Jedi's from the council on Dantiooine are dead, maybe looking kind of like Malachor V in KotOR2.

As for Korriban, if keeping it means not adding a new planet, I say blow it up, good riddance.
Darth Viggo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-11-2005, 06:51 AM   #43
Lightsider
Rookie

Well, think about this, on dantoine you have the crystal caves!! and on korriban, it has already been said that there is much left to be discovered what with hidden tombs and all. So I think that they both need to be brought back even if it is just planets that have nothing to do with the game, maybe use them as places for sidequest or just to do some serious exploring?? Also, I would like to be able to go back to Dxun and explore more of the moon, considering the mandalorians have hidden caches all over the place. Another cool place would be telos, even tho it was bombarded, the people from the under city went to that sanctuary that was hidden, so they should be alive and the ones who rebuild the planet.
Lightsider is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-12-2005, 12:52 PM   #44
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

Current Game: Assassin's Creed
LFN Staff Member Veteran Fan Fic Author Contest winner - Fan Fiction Forum Veteran 
Sounds feasible. To be honest I treat Korriban as a training planet for Jedi in TSL. It's just because I felt that much couldn't be done here except to find Master Vash. Onderon I thought was the best.

JediMaster12 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-12-2005, 02:51 PM   #45
RobQel-Droma
Blah

Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Viggo
I am liking the idea of Dantooine turning into a "Dark" now that all of the original Jedi's from the council on Dantiooine are dead, maybe looking kind of like Malachor V in KotOR2.
A new look along with a new area? Not a bad idea. However, I think the Malachor V thing is taking it a bit too far...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Viggo
As for Korriban, if keeping it means not adding a new planet, I say blow it up, good riddance.
Ummm.... No. Korriban is supposed to still be there in JA, which is after RotJ. So no, that is way too drastic. And besides, I agree with Lightsider about new stuff on Korriban, we haven't seen all of the planet (just like we haven't seen all of Dantooine).
RobQel-Droma is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-12-2005, 10:21 PM   #46
Delta Masi
Lurker

When I think about it, I may have voted rashly. I would much prefer to see Coruscant (scuses if it was in the first game, I haven´t been lucky enough to find it here up north in Iceland) And most definetly another Sith based planet, please!!!! TSL was far too dark, the only light tones were the shallow romance conversations you could have every now and then. Anywho, there you have my two cents.
Delta Masi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-12-2005, 10:51 PM   #47
Jeff
Rating: Awesome

Current Game: SWTOR
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
Definitely not Korriban. If they would have made it fun in TSL maybe, but now that it's established that nothing is there it better not be in the next one. Dantooine is always fun for me though.

Follow me on Twitter
Follow StarWarsMMO.net on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
Jeff is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-13-2005, 12:26 AM   #48
RobQel-Droma
Blah

Actually, I thought both of them were some nice planets (I thought) in TSL, even if they were kind of old and short.

Bring them back, of course, but show us other places and areas on the planets. Except for certain places like Valley of the Dark Lords, and the Jedi Enclave.
Old 12-13-2005, 10:17 AM   #49
90SK
Universal Figment

Current Game: Tetris
I was really looking forward to almost more of a JA-esque Korriban (4000 years under excavated, that is). Like, a mineshaft into the catacombs or something. That, and make it at night. Just for a change. We've seen sunset on Korriban over and over and over.

90SK is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-13-2005, 08:40 PM   #50
ilwugoalie
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobQel-Droma
Actually, I thought both of them were some nice planets (I thought) in TSL, even if they were kind of old and short.
I agree, both a good Idea, just under produced.

Quote:
Bring them back, of course, but show us other places and areas on the planets. Except for certain places like Valley of the Dark Lords, and the Jedi Enclave.
I only want to see the Jedi onclave if they are going to have some actuall training that goes on there... more in depth than we saw and played in KoTOR.

A Powerfull Sith you will become
ilwugoalie is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-13-2005, 11:23 PM   #51
a_nazgul
Rookie

Both planets have a great importance for this history, but I'm so tired of exploring the same areas, I think we need those worlds, but with far bigger areas, and obviusly, new ones.
a_nazgul is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-14-2005, 11:43 AM   #52
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

LFN Staff Member Veteran Fan Fic Author Contest winner - Fan Fiction Forum Veteran 
yep

Old 12-14-2005, 12:53 PM   #53
Rain128
Rookie

in my opinion stop beating the horse ... its quite dead.....

i would however like to see some kotor I planets again like Tatooine (sp) and Mannan
Rain128 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-14-2005, 01:08 PM   #54
darthward
Lurker

I definatly think dantooine and korriban should be in it bcoz they are the base planets of both sides of the force. I would like to enter the tombs on korriban and the 1 tomb on dantooine.The tomb blocked in TSL n were the mercanaries gathered.
darthward is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-14-2005, 09:43 PM   #55
Darth Windu
TSLRP Beta Tester

ward - that wasn't a tomb. I'm pretty sure that was the Star Map complex that Malak leveled when he attacked the planet.

Dark Lord of the Purists

Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges
Darth Windu is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-17-2005, 10:10 PM   #56
Darca Lar
Forumite

Current Game: Dragon Age Origins
I think ive seen all that i wanted to on these two planets, and unless they are either extended or mapped elsewhere on the planet, i dont see any reason why it should be in K3.

Yesterday is history. Tomorrow, a mystery. Today is a gift...that is why it is called the present.
Darca Lar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-17-2005, 10:56 PM   #57
Arátoeldar
Flame Imperishable

Neither, the both are good planets but have been beaten to death.
Arátoeldar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-18-2005, 03:45 PM   #58
Darca Lar
Forumite

Yea, both planets as ive seen them so far have become nothing more than battle scarred ruins.

Yesterday is history. Tomorrow, a mystery. Today is a gift...that is why it is called the present.
Old 12-18-2005, 05:38 PM   #59
RobQel-Droma
Blah

But they are still very famous planets, one for being the refuge of the Sith, and the other as the same for the Jedi. It just doesn't seem right not to have KotOR, especially with the kind of game it is, and not have Korriban as the evil-filled planet, or have Dantooine as the center of the Jedi in the games.

But of course, by all means, extend the areas except for the few modules that really need to stay.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:38 PM   #60
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

I would really like to see the DaShade colony... and YES the Droid Planet.

Korriban as a 20 minute jump stop to a new place would be nice, but its kinda boring since its basically a dead rock, for now. We have enough of Dantooine... time for a change.

How about Yavin 4??? or how about UTAPAU!!! Its a nice place when you look out into the cliff with all those nice buildings sticking out, and pools of life in the sink holes.
PoiuyWired is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-20-2005, 04:55 PM   #61
RobQel-Droma
Blah

I think you mean Dreshdae. And just so you know, this isn't about the Droid Planet- this is for Korriban and Dantooine.
Old 12-20-2005, 08:00 PM   #62
Soogz
Forumite

Current Game: Fifa 09
I too would like to see Dreshdae return. I want to be able to go into more areas rather than like 4 rooms.... :/

Soogz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-20-2005, 09:00 PM   #63
RobQel-Droma
Blah

I didn't really care for Dreshdae, there really wasn't much there except for being a beginning/landing pad for KotOR I. Perhaps have a kind of Nar Shaddaa refugee problem, except a lot smaller? People who can't get off and are stuck there, at the mercy of some local thugs and the Sith.
Old 12-20-2005, 09:38 PM   #64
Hallucination
Baron von Sexy

Current Game: HKO closed beta
There has to be Korriban and Dantooine. Just because they're Korriban and Dantooine. They don't need any reasons other than that.

Let's kill ourselves.

Last edited by Hallucination; 12-21-2005 at 01:06 PM.
Hallucination is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-21-2005, 01:00 PM   #65
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

I admit at first I thought no way for Dantooine and Korriban but the more I think about it, the more I see the importance of them being mentioned. After all Dantooine later is the planet of the Rebel base before Yavin and Korriban is the place of the Sith. So in short, KOTOR 3 should at least mention or if we do go there, different areas like on Dantooine, the spaceport mentioned in KOTOR I believe it is called Garang.

Old 12-21-2005, 02:48 PM   #66
RobQel-Droma
Blah

^Exactly. I agree with Hallucination too, as I said, Korriban/Dantooine are just part of the KotOR games. You can't really find a good replacement for them.
Old 12-21-2005, 10:04 PM   #67
Darca Lar
Forumite

yea you got a point there, but what else could you explore on these planets you havent seen yet.

Old 01-01-2006, 08:08 PM   #68
rhinomatt
Rookie

Korriban and Dantooine are the ying and yang of the KOTOR saga and should stay but i think that korriban should be changed to you see more of the city and not the enclave.
as for dantooie it should stay and the caves should be a hideing place for the jedi, and to make it awsome why not have the girl and boy that you save from the two main familys the 'administrators' of dantooine at the time. and they are suplying reven when he comes back into the known reagons yet only they know.
only a wacky idia....

Never the less Korriban and Dantooine SHOULD STAY!

"the dark side leads to death and destruction but the lightside leads no where!"
rhinomatt is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-04-2006, 02:20 PM   #69
Vaelastraz
Veteran

hm i dont really know...
In kotor I i liked dantoine and i really loved korriban, korriban was my favourite planet. I like that i-want-to-join-that-academy-feeling. There were a lot of people to interact with.
in Kotor II both planets were recycled. And both of them i likes least. Dxun/Onderon was the best planet imo.
So, if Korriban returns, what could be interesting there? the sith academy is destroyed and noone lives there anymore. For me this is enough, i dont want to visit a planet where hardly noone lives. Even if we can explore other areas, what do you think could be there? ancient tombs of the sith, nothing more. That isnt enough imo.
And Dantoine? well there are more people at least... but i think after beeing in both Kotors the environment isnt that interesting anymore. If they make something real interesting and new out of it, yeah, but i wonder what that could be.

The only used planet I'd like to really visit (apart from Onderon) is a rebuild Taris! but thats unlikely so we better go with Coruscant!
Vaelastraz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-04-2006, 02:43 PM   #70
Sith_Reven
Rookie

both places have their significance and they both need to be in the game. They were both quite short and definately need to be longer. Korriban needs to have a darker storyline with more history or history lessons and the player should be able to take trials and have boobytraps again and meet apparitions of sith lords like Marka Ragnos or Naga Sadow. Dantooine needs to be central and since it is a kind of dull planet that bears a similar resemblance to Saskatchewan, Canada it should hold secrets both dark and light with underground passages and ruins---(Korriban)"...Like Malachor the sith have forgotten it...for a time, but they will remember."-Kreia

Savior, conquerer, Hero, Villian... You are all things Revan, and yet you are nothing. In the end you belong to neither the darkness nor the light. You will forever stand alone.
-Malak
Sith_Reven is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-04-2006, 05:31 PM   #71
Darth InSidious
A handful of dust.

Current Game: KotOR II
Neither. I'd rather have Ziost and Drumond Kaas, myself.

Works-In-Progress
~
Mods Released
~
Quid existis in desertum videre?
Darth InSidious is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-19-2006, 03:50 PM   #72
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

What planets are those?

Old 01-19-2006, 11:53 PM   #73
RobQel-Droma
Blah

@Darth Insidious- I understand you, but those really don't take the role of Dantooine and Korriban. Of course, maybe you don't care about that either.

@JediMaster12, those are two Sith worlds. I think Ziost was one of the original True Sith planets, and Dromund Kaas was the Sith planet that Mara Jade went to in the Unknown Regions to find Kyle Katarn (in Mysteries of the Sith).
Old 01-20-2006, 11:36 AM   #74
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

Ohhhh. Thanks for the info. Those do sound like interesting planets. They could be connected to Korriban with some dark secret. Remember what Ajunta Paul said about their oldest and darkest secret?

Old 01-20-2006, 05:37 PM   #75
Clone L68362
Forumite

Heh, I voted neither but now that I think about, Korriban would be nice. In K1 it was sparsely populated, with Sith still around. In 2 it was deserted and...creepier than ****. I would just like to see how it's evolved in 3.

My sig is stupid.
Clone L68362 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-20-2006, 06:03 PM   #76
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria

I agree about Korriban being creepy in K2, I think both planets should be in K3

"For where ever there is a n00b, there is MachineCult to make him cry and cringe."
- Halo_92

MachineCult is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-23-2006, 12:07 PM   #77
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clone L68362
Heh, I voted neither but now that I think about, Korriban would be nice. In K1 it was sparsely populated, with Sith still around. In 2 it was deserted and...creepier than ****. I would just like to see how it's evolved in 3.
Quoted for emphasis

Old 01-23-2006, 08:55 PM   #78
Clone L68362
Forumite

That's a good point Skye. To make it more realistic I'd like to see day and night on planets. And different things happening, like different quests do-able only at night, different people or something.

My sig is stupid.
Clone L68362 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-24-2006, 02:10 PM   #79
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

That sounds cool! My question is will it fit with D20 rules?

Old 01-24-2006, 02:31 PM   #80
Cygnus Q'ol
Savior of Albion

Current Game: liberty city stories
Quote:
^Exactly. I agree with Hallucination too, as I said, Korriban/Dantooine are just part of the KotOR games. You can't really find a good replacement for them.
C'mon Rob, you must be kidding. With all the planets in the Star Wars universe, I can't believe that you, of all people can't think of better worlds to conquer than the same old dead a$$ planets. The only thing worth exploring on Korriban are the Sith tombs.
...uh, did that already.

Dreshdae sucks bantha privates, and the rest of the planet is as barren and useless as Tatooine. ...don't get me started on that.

As for Dantooine. UHHGGG! How many kinrath should I kill the next time I go there. Or will it be Kathhounds this time.
Please, I need new challenges.

OK, maybe I'm a little hard on these worlds, I'm just a little sick of them.
Then, how about a side quest that takes us there, or something really brief.

I can live with that as long as the main storyline quest has us feeling like we did when we first picked up Kotor. New, fresh, unexplored planets and our eyes full of wonder.

The Starbuck's in Bowerstone has Percolated Java Macchiatos.
Cygnus Q'ol is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > Dantooine and Korriban for K3?