lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: Start as a Jedi or not?
Start as a Jedi 25 47.17%
Be trained 28 52.83%
What's a Jedi? 6 11.32%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Jedi or no Jedi?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-21-2005, 08:20 PM   #41
Darca Lar
Forumite

Current Game: Dragon Age Origins
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobQel-Droma
Forget my original idea of starting out as a Jedi-in-training. Now, upon contemplating that and other ideas, I think that either you should be a force-user starting to discover your powers but having no training, or a regular guy with some wierd abilities. Even if this is kind of close to the other games. For the same reasons that I have said about not starting as a Sith, they apply to starting as a Jedi, too.

I have said I don't want to start out as a Sith, but I bet people don't want to start out as a Jedi, also. And, as I have also said, one of KotOR's greatest parts is to choose your own destiny. Which means that you shouldn't be on the Sith/DS side at the start, but, that also means you shouldn't be on the Jedi/LS side at the start. I still hold that you should be learning the force in some way or another, and you should start with a good background like the others, but you shouldn't be on one side or the other.

How about this. A rogue/exiled/grey Jedi is teaching you some techniques of the force, along with some basic powers. This is without the knowledge of the Council, or anyone else. In this way, you would still be neutral yet you would have certain force powers. When you meet the Jedi Council and become a Jedi, this might even cause some friction between you and some of the Vrook-types on the Council.
Thats the best idea ive heard yet so far. I think that could be the best way to start the game off. That way you get to start training in the beginning, and you remain neutral. And if this is either Atton or whoever else became a jedi in K2, then the only thing that would remain would have to be their reasons for training this particular person.

Yesterday is history. Tomorrow, a mystery. Today is a gift...that is why it is called the present.
Darca Lar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-21-2005, 08:31 PM   #42
RobQel-Droma
Blah

Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Yeah, that is what I was thinking about. What is really different about starting as a Jedi than starting as a Sith? It just means that instead of starting off with a set DS alignment, you start with a LS one.

As for reasons, Atton or whoever could be training you because of what he went through during the Exile's journey, and what he saw. He could train you because he thinks that you need to learn about the Force, and teach you about Revan and the Exile; So that you would understand about them and what they feared was beyond the outer rim, and what the real threat was.

And then, maybe through him you could set the Exile's gender, based on something he was telling you. You could be talking, and then the PC could ask something about "The Exile must have been extremely skilled", and then Atton would say something like: "Yeah, she was good." If you wanted a female Exile, you would just go on. If you wanted a male Exile, you would say, "She? I was talking about the Exile." Then Atton would say: "Oh, sorry, I was thinking about that Twi-Lek dancer in the cantina." Just another thought.

Alignment would be simple: Either "She became a Jedi again and defeated Darth Traya, didn't she?" or "From what I remember, she was a bit twisted by the dark side, and ended up becoming a Sith." But nevermind, that is off-topic.
RobQel-Droma is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-22-2005, 09:15 PM   #43
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

Atton... again?

Now, I hope he would still be using his "Are You an Angel?" line.
PoiuyWired is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-22-2005, 10:43 PM   #44
RobQel-Droma
Blah

Didn't have to be Atton. But it would be nice for the main party members of both games to make a cameo, if they weren't dead.
Old 12-24-2005, 12:32 AM   #45
JediWatchman
Rookie

Woah, ~AlexLeslie~, i just realized you have the same sig as I do. I made that up. Did you just copy it or what?

Christ's Jedi Code

There is no hate; there is love.
There is no ignorance; there is the Bible.
There is no "too late"; there is foregiveness.
There is no death; there is the Lord, our Savior.
Amen.
JediWatchman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-24-2005, 12:37 AM   #46
Graphic
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles
I think the devs will want to avoid this as well. I'm still pretty sure they'll having us starting the game as a padawan.
I like this idea. The amnesia angle is through.
Graphic is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-24-2005, 07:07 AM   #47
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

I say we just play as an illitrate Bantha who lives on Kellog's Cereal and Pepsi, rebels all alone against an evil Tusken Raider baby and accomplishes the feat.

But since the option wasn't there, I chose "as a Jedi".

Sabretooth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-24-2005, 08:23 AM   #48
Bastila
Forumite

Start out trining as a jedi i dont like wasting level ups i cant spend on Jedi powers.

Bastila is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-24-2005, 01:15 PM   #49
RobQel-Droma
Blah

^Of course, with a fifty level limit it doesn't really matter. But I agree, have force powers pretty soon if not at the beginning.
Old 12-24-2005, 01:21 PM   #50
HQ|Delta 07
Rookie

I think the system they used un KotOR2 was ok. Force powes as soon you reached level 2. that was ok. Now the only diffrene they should make is that you'll haven a Light saber from the beginning. i hated that in K2. For hours without a lightsaber. If they fix that, I'd be very happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Lineker
Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans always win.
HQ|Delta 07 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-25-2005, 12:07 PM   #51
Darth Smaug
Veteran

Be trained.
From padawan to master.

I'm floating, and something's reaching out.
Darth Smaug is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-26-2005, 07:31 AM   #52
Ransom
Rookie

im tired of allways being the good guy i want to start as a sith for a change
Ransom is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > Jedi or no Jedi?