lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Worst (or least favorite) Star Wars video game
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-10-2006, 05:40 PM   #41
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Vector Thrust
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Someone needs to put that game out of its misery...

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-10-2006, 06:08 PM   #42
Nedak
Beelzebozo

LucasCast Jingle Composer Forum Veteran Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Terros
Obi wans ghost on mustafar giving out missions.

think that says it all
HA that it does... Also some spelling errors from NPC's, bugs, and no Death Star...
Nedak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-10-2006, 07:04 PM   #43
Darth_Extas

I actually did not like SWBF2 because the game for me most of the time was choppy as well, I can tell that something else was at a loss in that game... I just can't think of it right now. If you want to know I played the Beta of Battlefront II. That is why.

Sig made by Princess Lyla

http://gh.ffshrine.org?r=20872

The Sith will always be around as long as there is hate in the Galaxy.

Dark Hands of the Empire(Clan Member)
Darth_Extas is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-11-2006, 09:32 AM   #44
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

10 year veteran! 
Star Wars: Starfighter.

The Star Wars licensed device for causing eternal mental torture, pain, suffering and trauma.

Sabretooth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-11-2006, 12:03 PM   #45
Commander Obi-Wan
Gold Standard

Current Game: BioShock 2
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Extas
I actually did not like SWBF2 because the game for me most of the time was choppy as well, I can tell that something else was at a loss in that game... I just can't think of it right now. If you want to know I played the Beta of Battlefront II. That is why.
The actual game isn't much better than the beta....so you aren't missing much.

Commander Obi-Wan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-24-2006, 09:43 PM   #46
Justus

Rebel Assault, and Rebel Assault II.

Justus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-26-2006, 06:41 PM   #47
Windu Chi
Banned

Angry

The worst game I played was Battlefront 2 I really,really,really,really hated that game the most. That game had so many problems I will have to type until my fingers fail off. But will list some of them:
  1. bad graphics
  2. small levels
  3. boring game play
  4. the jedi action suck
  5. no cockpit view like in Rogue Sqadran
  6. Space combat suck, space levels did'nt have enough space to fight in
  7. the starships did not even explode
etc. That not even all but I can't write it all.
Windu Chi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-26-2006, 07:35 PM   #48
jedispy

Current Game: Metroid Prime 2
I must confess that I haven't played either BF1 or 2. My computer is old, and I don't have a console system. I hope to supe things up real soon. Then I'll be in action.....and can decide for myself if I love/hate it.

Jedispy - SOTE Mod Administrator, server/technical administrator, mod author, forum admin/moderator, web administrator, programmer.
Click to read the latest SOTE MOD news
jedispy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-28-2006, 07:35 PM   #49
Darth_Malak02
Rookie

I honestly hate NO star wars games, and i mean NO, but i think the one i liked the least was probably episode 1...I may be an idiot but i couldn't even get to the podrace part of the game

"Don't be so proud of this technological terror you've constructed, Admiral. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the force."-Vader

the greates RP site ever... http://unknownregions.proboards81.com
Darth_Malak02 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-28-2006, 07:45 PM   #50
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria

You must not own many Star Wars games because there are some terrible ones.

"For where ever there is a n00b, there is MachineCult to make him cry and cringe."
- Halo_92

MachineCult is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-29-2006, 04:30 PM   #51
jedispy

Well it sounds like SW Galaxies is the winner. I can't imagine SW without the Republic/Empire or a galactic civil war. Without those elements it's just PULP sci fi, just like the Stargate TV shows. PULP

Jedispy - SOTE Mod Administrator, server/technical administrator, mod author, forum admin/moderator, web administrator, programmer.
Old 01-29-2006, 04:32 PM   #52
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Jedi Power Battles, any system. Bad camera system, frustrating puzzles (that often "broke" making the game impossible to complete), repetative gameplay, disregard for "common sense" in the franchise (such as people being able to block lightsabers with their hands and take multiple hits without any sort of armor and not die or be cut to ribbons). The horrible graphics of the PSX version were fixed in the DC version, and the jumping puzzles toned down, but the game still sucked.

Episode I: Obi-Wan was pretty universally panned, though I didn't actually play it myself, only saw it in action a few times.

Star Wars Battlefront was a huge disappointment especially in terms of multiplayer and ship flying, as was the multiplayer version of (the otherwise fantastic) Republic Commando, but neither were really bad games, they just didn't live up to their potential, IMHO. The lack of support after release would have been forgivable if the two titles had been less buggy out of box.

Force Commander is another game that's fairly well hated or considered crap, though again, I only watched somebody play it over their shoulder, never took the controls myself.

Revenge of the Sith is another game often complained about, due to (again, haven't played it myself), a bad camera system and simplistic "button mashing" gameplay. In general it seems the title was merely overhyped to cash in on the movie hype, rather than being something revolutionary as it was claimed to be. People were disappointed by the "cooperative mode" which was only a few levels rather than the whole game in order, as many people hoped.

Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-29-2006, 05:08 PM   #53
FalloutMan
Rookie

episode 3. crappiest gameplay ever. bad graphics and bad setup. also bad storyline

my setup:
AMD 3200+ 2.0 ghz CPU
ASRock Dual SATA2 939 socket mobo
EVGA GeForce 6600LE 256mb PCIE graphics card
1GB Corsair pc3200 ram
Maxtor 40gb 7200rpm UltraATA 133 (wil be replaced with a 200gb SATA)
Maxtor 10gb backup drive
Asus cd/dvd burner
Thermaltake Xaser Damier 5000 case
FalloutMan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-29-2006, 05:34 PM   #54
jedispy

ROTS is a game I played. I liked the graphics, but that's about it. I laughed at how they were bragging revolutionary saber dueling action. Um.....sorry...nope. Jedi Outcast/Academy still pwns on that one. The multiplayer of ROTS was disappointing. It was nothing more than Street Fighter 2 with lightsabers. Even then, the lightsaber dueling was more like hitting each other with Nerf crotch bats. Then there's the force powers....all two of them. Why was Mind Trick the light side power they chose to use? It only works on the weak-minded, not force attuned people. Yet in this game you can mind trick each other. WTF is that?!?!?!

I also can't stand how Darth Vader uses force lightning. Just wrong.

I never played the SP campaigns.

All it was is just pure media hype. First play the game, then watch the movie....and see how idiotic the game was.

Old 01-29-2006, 07:21 PM   #55
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalloutMan
episode 3. crappiest gameplay ever. bad graphics and bad setup. also bad storyline
It's hardly the worst Star Wars game ever though is it?

"For where ever there is a n00b, there is MachineCult to make him cry and cringe."
- Halo_92

Old 01-29-2006, 08:05 PM   #56
Commander Obi-Wan
Gold Standard

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MachineCult
It's hardly the worst Star Wars game ever though is it?
Don't forget it's their opinion, not yours. I personally found the RotS video game quite fun.

Old 01-29-2006, 08:25 PM   #57
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalloutMan
Hold on, hold on. Isn't the storyline for the game the ROTS storyline?

- Halo_92

Old 01-29-2006, 08:44 PM   #58
jedispy

Quote:
Hold on, hold on. Isn't the storyline for the game the ROTS storyline?
Yeah.....I can't agree with them on the plot since ROTS (the movie) was arguably the best SW movie ever. Perhaps we need categories here.

1. Worst bastardization of the Star Wars storyline: Yoda Stories
2. Most confusing game: Star Wars Rebellion
3. Worst hyped up media P.O.S.: Revenge of the Sith
4. Worst attempt at making a SW sports game: Episode 1 Racer
5. Worst annoying puzzle game: Pit Droid (or WTF it was called)
6. Worst placement of SW characters in a situation where they'd never be: Star Wars Masters of Teras Kaasi
7. Worst overall double-fisted @$$ raping of Star Wars/crimes against humanity: Star Wars Galaxies

Any others?

Old 01-29-2006, 08:48 PM   #59
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria

Oh my god I totally forgot about Masters of Teras Kaasi. That is the worst Star Wars game.
I still don't understand SWG what is it?

- Halo_92

Old 01-29-2006, 09:06 PM   #60
jedispy

Quote:
I still don't understand SWG what is it?
It's basically the Star Wars version (failed attempt really) at MMORPG (massive multiplayer online Role playeing game). If you've ever heard of Everquest, this is a lame Lucasarts/Sony version. I never played it myself. I have friends who played it and stopped after a few weeks. I hear it's horribly boring and nothing ever happens.

Old 01-29-2006, 09:15 PM   #61
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria

What do people do on it? Thats what I don't understand... Can you travel to different places?

- Halo_92

Old 01-30-2006, 01:01 AM   #62
Kurgan
Headhunter

Yes you can. Basically you walk around on foot, and you can also travel between planets. There's an expansion for space flying called Jump to Lightspeed.

Basically from what I gather, like most MMORPG's, most of people's time is spent "grinding" (ie: killing the same enemies over and over again to build up experience and money) and chatting with people. You're "supposed" to do other things like go on missions and explore and fight battles and things, but apparently people quickly settle into old routines that get very boring. Then you have crap like people selling "items" they got in game in real life and similar stupidity. And endless whining about changes made in the game or that "need" to be made. It's always the same with these types of things.

Anyway, with an MMORPG typically you pay a monthly fee in order to have access to this "massive" persistent online world of thousands of other gamers. You interact with other characters in this "world." There's no way to "win" or end the game except quitting your subscription, though I hear there's a cap on character levels, so eventually you'll do everything you possibly can and get bored. But people stay around and "chat" and stuff or just mess around.

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Old 01-30-2006, 02:52 AM   #63
jedispy

...AND don't get us started on Jedi characters (oops....too late)

Basically they decided on the stupidest way of going about making Jedi characters. The problem is that every n00b and poser out there in SW fandom would say "if I were in SW, I'd be a Jedi." However force potential is rare, much like common sense. So Sony tried to think of a way to make it rare. Basically you have to find holocrons. You only get holocrons based on random missions. Now it's not like in other MMORPG or MUDs (multi-user dungeons) where the same quest gives everyone the same crap. Just because one idiot (I call them that since they ARE persistently playing the game after all) gets a holocron doing a mission, it doesn't mean everyone will.

Honestly, in my opinion, MMORPG (Star Wars Galaxies, Everquest, Ultima Online, City of Heros/Villains, etc...) is not only the worst genre of game, but it is the new opiate of the weak-minded and glib.

If only I felt more strongly about the matter.

Old 01-30-2006, 08:41 AM   #64
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria

I would have probably bought it myself if you didn't have to pay monthly...

- Halo_92

Old 01-30-2006, 10:49 PM   #65
jedispy

That's just it. It's so lame how you first have to fork out $50-60 to buy the game. Then the only way to play it is via online subscription.

Old 01-31-2006, 07:57 AM   #66
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria

They've def. lost a few customers because of that.

- Halo_92

Old 01-31-2006, 01:36 PM   #67
Kurgan
Headhunter

They do give you the first 30 days free! But yeah, it would feel like you didn't really own the game, and put pressure on you to play it constantly or not "get your money's worth."

Old 01-31-2006, 03:37 PM   #68
lord ignarn

My favorites are: Batleground, Kotor 1, kotor 2 and Battlefront 2.
lord ignarn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-31-2006, 05:38 PM   #69
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurgan
They do give you the first 30 days free! But yeah, it would feel like you didn't really own the game, and put pressure on you to play it constantly or not "get your money's worth."
Does that mean I could try it out for a whole month and then cancel my subscription and not have to pay anything?

- Halo_92

Old 01-31-2006, 05:51 PM   #70
Katarn07
Rebel Agent

Current Game: Changing diapers count?
Quote:
Does that mean I could try it out for a whole month and then cancel my subscription and not have to pay anything?
The wait time is huge. I tried to get a 14 day trial ages ago. Then I heard just how crappy of a game it really is.

And SW Racer isn't the worst SW sports game, Bombad Racing or Demolition gets that award

"The Force is strong with Katarn...." - Darth Vader, Star Wars: Dark Forces
Katarn07 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-31-2006, 07:30 PM   #71
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria

Out of the three i'd have to say that SW Racer is the best because it is mildly entertaining, and I guess it's technically canon also, (more so than the other two games.)

- Halo_92

Old 01-31-2006, 09:47 PM   #72
Snafu7
Purvayer of Truthiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurgan
Jedi Power Battles,
Amen to that, definately one of the worst Star Wars games I've ever played, but Galaxies comes in a close second.
Snafu7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-04-2006, 09:44 AM   #73
Nanda Keon
Rookie

I played shadows of the empire on the N64 and I hated it and I've got starfighter ditto and power battles is crappy but I really like the other ones that are mentioned (apart from Galaxies because I've never played it)
Nanda Keon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-04-2006, 01:38 PM   #74
Darth_Death
Rookie

Location: Under the watchfull eye of 2 evil dictators named MOM and DAD...
episode III (the game) is on my most hated list.

"bring me that horizon..."
Darth_Death is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-05-2006, 05:41 PM   #75
Darth_Malak02
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedispy
That's just it. It's so lame how you first have to fork out $50-60 to buy the game. Then the only way to play it is via online subscription.

I agree. I might have considered SWG if they had Single and Multiplayer.

"Don't be so proud of this technological terror you've constructed, Admiral. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the force."-Vader

the greates RP site ever... http://unknownregions.proboards81.com
Darth_Malak02 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-05-2006, 06:25 PM   #76
Jan Gaarni
Grand Moff

LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedispy
2. Most confusing game: Star Wars Rebellion
I'm sorry, don't take this the wrong way, but how on earth can Rebellion be confusing?

You build your forces, and you conquor the galaxy.

Okay, so it's abit more to it than that, but I hardly think it could be confusing?

Empire At War Moderator
&
SWGalaxies Moderator

- What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
- May the pants be with you!

A smile is the shortest distance between people - Victor Borge!

Custom Avatar by Wraith 8
Jan Gaarni is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-06-2006, 01:44 AM   #77
jedispy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanda Keon
I played shadows of the empire on the N64 and I hated it
It got better when they ported it over to PC. That's one of those games that should not have been a console game. The controls were just to complicated for a controller. But my team is working to make it better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Gaarni
I'm sorry, don't take this the wrong way, but how on earth can Rebellion be confusing?
I should say only confusing at first. I played it a lot (heck, I even beat it once) before I truly understood what was going on. NOW it's actually one of my fav SW games. With that said, I wish they'd make Rebellion 2 and give it actual RTS style ground campaigns too. If you have an espionage mission, then it ought to involve actual gameplay, not just a "maybe it'll work, maybe it won't" scenario. Same for all other mission types & planetary assault. That part was lame. However, the space combat was awesome.

Old 02-06-2006, 08:31 PM   #78
Commander Obi-Wan
Gold Standard

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
I played shadows of the empire on the N64 and I hated it
C'mon, that game was awesome. At least for N64 standards.

Old 02-10-2006, 04:38 PM   #79
Nanda Keon
Rookie

What do you mean by N64 standards? The N64 had some of the best games around for example Banjo Kazooie was a classic
Nanda Keon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-10-2006, 04:57 PM   #80
jedispy

Quote:
What do you mean by N64 standards? The N64 had some of the best games around for example Banjo Kazooie was a classic
IMO SOTE was the only decent game for N64 (of course Turok 2 and Goldeneye had good multiplayer.)

Most N64 games were teh gheyxor. That's why I never owned one.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars > The Cantina > Worst (or least favorite) Star Wars video game